Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ask a Muslim

muslim

ok no problem but i senced a little anger in you at america in iraq . And my mind keeps Asking where you would Be now if they stayed home .

but any way enough politics

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muslim

• seanph

• Nova Scotia

• momentarylapseofreason

ok no problem but i senced a little anger in you at america in iraq . And my mind keeps Asking where you would Be now if they stayed home .

but any way enough politics

lol if it makes you happy I believe that no war happens without both sides having to have made a mistake at some point. Its common sence I think, no conflict can arise with just one person being right and one being wrong. I could be wrong of course but thats just my opinion. Their are exeptions of course. Enough politics as u said lol.

Very good thred muslim. I was very nervous the first time I went to the mosque, every one was so warm and kind I felt at home. I do not pray because I am not a muslim yet.

Two questions Muslim

How many times a day must a Muslim pray in order to get to heaven?

Does Islam believe in divine justice?

I would also like to add to Godesswhispers that even the terrorists who have nothing to do with Islam dont believe in killing all Cristians and Jews. The Quran says you have your religion and I have mine....

"We can forgive you for killing our sons. But we will never forgive you for making us kill yours."Golda Meir to Anwar Saddat just before peace talks.

I can understand that. The eye for an eye philosophy appears in the bible and the jewish faith. Though it's implementation would insure a cyclical level of violence that would reverberate through the generations to come, for revenge of what initiated it all in one act, so long ago. Hey, wait a minute.....

;)

Thanks again Muslim. :)

What does a muslim beleave the future holds for the country we call isreal ? Or the race we know as jews that live on that land ?

I've heard in other denominational faiths one has to renounce their former faith, if they enter into a new creed of belief. Is there anything of that nature for new muslims?! :)

Moondoggy didn't see the "NO POLOTICS!" part of the post...

Anyways, I applaud you, muslim, for this post. It warms this bitter old heart to see someone taking steps to clearify the views of one's religion. It's not easy... especialy when there are so many misconseptions floating about.

No I don't have a question.. =( Forgive me? (THERE'S ONE! XD)

I know that you are answering questions her , but I must respon to the statement about no original sin issue.

To answer just one, thought to be error. “Some do not believe there was an original sin”. If not, then why was there a need for a savior? God is way too perfect to make man that is sinful. God said that He made man in His own image and likeness. Is God perfect or not? A God that can make this universe and all that is within, can’t make man perfect and without sin.

There are statements in the Bible that are not only true, but also a principle. Like Jesus when He sent out the disciples said “freely you have received, freely give”. This is a principle. If you don’t have a thing you can’t give it, and if you have it, it is because it was given to you. Right?

Also a principle is found in (Gen 1:11) And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

(Gen 1:12) And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Well that answers the question, ‘What came first, the chicken or the egg?’ God made the chicken that had the seed within itself to reproduce after it’s own kind. Which brings us to a point that God made man and the seed of man that had seed within himself to reproduce after his own kind. God created man by His seed which is His Word. The nature of a thing is in the seed. So what is the nature of God?

It’s time to point out that I do believe in ONE God. I believe the Bible teaches this not only in the Old Testament but in the new. John 1 says that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was God. In 1st John 5:7 it says that there are 3 that bare witness in heaven, “The Father, the Word and the Spirit.” He didn’t say the Father, Son and the Spirit. There is a reason for this. If you understand that God’s Word is His seed then you will know that God created every thing with His word. Since seed will reproduce after it’s own kind, the we were not created with sin or evil in us or our hearts. Also, Jesus said the God is spirit, so we are first and foremost a spiritual being that has a soul and lives in a body.

We know now in this day that the seed of a thing has a code in it. The genome or DNA that will follow the code to create a man, monkey, or other animal or plant or whatever. 1st John shows us that God is described as having three parts, ONE God with three parts. (Just like man that has three parts, spirit, soul and body). He is Father because all life past present and future has it’s origin in God. Jesus said in John 5:26 “For as the Father hath life Inhimself … showing no life is from any other source. His Word is seed, that is the way He creates and His Spirit is the power or His power. His Word contains the code, if you will when spoken will manifest from the spiritual into the natural. This is backed by Heb. 11:3. Notice it said the Word of His power, not the power of His Word. The Word without the Spirit will lay dormant, but when the Word is spoken in the power of His Spirit it will create.

Now if God create man without sin, then there was a time when Adam allowed sin to enter the human race and corrupted his, (our) seed. Look at 1st Peter 1:23. This came in his disobedience and ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. If you want to know just what happened take a look at the story of Abraham with scripture in both the Old and New Testament.

The story of Abram was that he could not have children with Sarai. He was given a promise from God that out of his seed would come a nation and all the earth will be blessed. It was “Unto thy seed”.

Yet the problem was that through Adam all man’s seed is corrupted. We were not there physically, but in seed we were. What mankind needed was one who was a part of the human race, but not a part of the Adamic nature. If man sinned, then a man who know no sin was needed to reverse what Adam did, (redeem). God did formed man out of the dust of the ground, but spoke His word to define man. Without God’s word anything that is created by God through forming, like man and the animals they would have no purpose, reason, meaning or destiny. Because His word is seed the word spoken over a thing defines it and gives it meaning and a reason and destiny. Like when He created the sun. By calling it “sun” it defined it’s purpose and reason for being. The seed that God promised Abram was not only or just a natural seed, but a spiritual seed because it was by faith. Abram was not sterile, but Sarai was barren and could not conceive. I believe God waited on purpose until Sarai was not only barren, but too old to conceive and Abram was impotent. This then was only possible through faith. When you are up against an impossible situation that can not change by any natural means, then when God steps in and makes it possible, this is a result of faith. If man’s seed is corrupted no amount of good works can redeem you. The lesson of Abram was God waited until Abram mimicked in the flesh what we all are in spirit. We are unable to fulfill the word of God because we are uncircumcised in spirit. It was only when Abram circumcised himself that God gave life to that which was dead and Abram was able to plant seed and even though Sarai was barren, which typifies the curse in the earth, Sarai conceived a promise child. When we are circumcised in spirit, we (according to the Bible are dead in sins and trespasses) are given life, the life of God. The only way we can be circumcised in the spirit is because Jesus took the curse for all mankind.

Which brings us to who was Jesus? Since Adam sinned and brought mankind into a sin nature, (in spirit) and his seed was corrupted the only way for a man to be borne into this life without sin was for God to speak His word into a woman, (virgin) and she conceived a child that was a part of the human race, but not a part of the Adamic nature. This is why He is called the Son of God. God’s word is not corruptible so the man that was conceived in Mary was without sin. He is the son of man and the Son of God.

Do a study on the veil that is typified by Abram’s uncircumcision. The veil over the Holy of Holies in the tabernacle and in the New Testament, (11Cor. 3:14-4:7). This is a long and in-depth study, but this it in a nutshell. Jesus went to the cross after living a life without sin and took man’s sin nature and went to hell and paid for man’s sin completely, rose from the dead and anyone who believes this and accepts Him as Lord will be born again and circumcised in the spirit cutting away the veil that was the body of sins. This was like a parasite that when removed will free us from the nature that controlled us and had dominion over us.

Muslim, let me say that this thread has been very informative, both for your answers and sadly, for the ignorance and rudeness of a few christians here who cannot seem to grasp the concept that you are teaching about your religion and trying to avoid politics.

Just as they claim "they aren't responsible for masscres casused by christians", they seem to feel the need to pin the woes of the Islamic world on you.

Too bad the mods don't see fit to notify the offenders to watch their step.

Muslim, let me say that this thread has been very informative, both for your answers and sadly, for the ignorance and rudeness of a few christians here who cannot seem to grasp the concept that you are teaching about your religion and trying to avoid politics.

Just as they claim "they aren't responsible for masscres casused by christians", they seem to feel the need to pin the woes of the Islamic world on you.

Too bad the mods don't see fit to notify the offenders to watch their step.

Thank you for pointing this out. I think this is a great thread for us to grow and learn in knowledge even if we aren't considering becoming a muslim, at least we have more insight as to what the religion is really about and not how the media portrays it.

This is a good thread, it is informative and encoraging to see. if someone posts something rude or abusive report it to one of the mods. They have been very good about removing such matierial from my Ask me what its like to be a Pastor thread. Ususally the offencive mateiral is down within a few minutes.

you are a fair minded individual PreacherBill, tell me your thoughts on post # 38.

post # 33

post # 35

post # 6

Are they appropriate to the discussion?

How many times a day must a Muslim pray in order to get to heaven?
Hey Irish how are you? Im glad you visited my thread. Muslims pray 5 times a day. Each prayer takes about maybe 5-10 minutes. There are other prayers which arent obligatory but u can pray them if u like. Muslims believes salvation comes through deeds, and part of your deeds of course are your prayer so it isnt just prayer. Muslims believe that from ever prayer till the next if u pray them good your sins will be forgiven. So by the end of the end ull barely have any sins. The only sins which arent forgiven simply by praying are what we call the big ones which are 1) killing 2) drinking alcohol or intoxicants 3) adultry 4) worshiping someone other than God or associating any partners with Him.

Does Islam believe in divine justice?

Very much yes.

I can understand that. The eye for an eye philosophy appears in the bible and the jewish faith. Though it's implementation would insure a cyclical level of violence that would reverberate through the generations to come, for revenge of what initiated it all in one act, so long ago. Hey, wait a minute.....

Thanks again Muslim.

As Gandi said an eye for an eye only leaves the world blind.

Just a quick note to remind all people that this thread is about Islam, and a most excellent thread so far. Let's not take it off topic with unnecessary preaching. Thanks Edited by Paranoid Android

I've heard in other denominational faiths one has to renounce their former faith, if they enter into a new creed of belief. Is there anything of that nature for new muslims?!
First, a new Muslim isnt even considred a convert but a revert. Because the word Muslim means one who surrenders his or her will to God all praise is to Him. So by definition, you were born a Muslim, I was born a Muslim and everyone was born a Muslim. So when one becomes a Muslim he would be considered a revert. Lastly, no, one wouldnt have to renounce their former faith if you mean as in to say that they no longer are part of that faith in public or something like that? If so, no they don have to. Islam is a continuation and a completon of Judaism and Christianity and there is no point of saying im no longer a Christian because that would be kind of disrespectful to Christianity and so on.

Tuner, if you read my posts you would have realized that Muslims dont believe in a "savior" as in someone dying for anyones sins. Muslims believe the savior is God. He saves you by forgiving your sins if you repent. By forgiving you if He wants even if you dont repent. The only way Jesus Christ peace be upon him was a savior in Islam is that he was sent by God to guide the people from falsehood to truth and therefore in that essence all prophets and messengers were saviors to the people. We believe your true savior is God and secondly your own actions. You save yourself by doing good and being a good king person who obeys his God's comandments. No disrespect, thats just the Muslim view point of it and salvation. As I said previosly, we dont believe sin is inherited. Muslims believe salvation is by your deeds. So they have to strive to by good people and bennefit their society so as a result of their belief, naturally, the world would be a better place.

“The best of people are those that bring most benefit to the rest of mankind.” Mohammed peace be upon him. He also said:

“The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds.”

Ok, may i ask....why do muslim terrorist like to cut off heads.

I dont know. Why dont you ask them? Mohammed said:

“Do not say, that if the people do good to us, we will do good to them; and if the people oppress us, we will oppress them; but determine that if people do you good, you will do good to them; and if they oppress you, you will not oppress them”

So I dont know. They have nothing to do wth Islam so please stop.

Edited by muslim

Hi, thank you for opening up this topic. I have a question or two, I mean no offence by asking them. :)

I would like to know, why do Muslim extremists still stone women to death, and what is the Muslim community doing to make this stop? (Like I said, I know this is not the norm in most Muslim communities, I would presume it is only in more rural areas).

God bless you.

One more question, is a Muslim allowed to change his or her faith? Would the family accept them, or disown them, or does it vary by laws, and mind sets?

(Again no offence, I know many other religions, who would shun anyone who changed their faith).

In christianity there are different sects. Baptist, Church of God, Nazerine...etc.

Is there more sects in Islam than Shi'ia and Sunni? And if it isn't too complex an answer, what is the difference between the two, and how does one determine they follow Shi'ia or Sunni?

Also. If makeup is forbidden (which I guess I could be wrong, I am just assuming because I have heard many muslims say you are not to draw attention to your beauty) why is it that Kohl is in markets for muslimahs?

Hi, thank you for opening up this topic. I have a question or two, I mean no offence by asking them.
Its ok :)

I would like to know, why do Muslim extremists still stone women to death, and what is the Muslim community doing to make this stop? (Like I said, I know this is not the norm in most Muslim communities, I would presume it is only in more rural areas).

Thank you for asking this question. First, this punishment isnt just subject to woman that would be unfair. Second, Ive never in my entire life herd of someone being stoned, thats how rare it is. Stoning is a punishment for if a married man or a married woman were to betray his or her wife. But, what most people do not know, that this punishment is impossible to be implemented, it literally is impossible. Why? Because as you know adultry isnt allowed in Islam. And if that person commits it he is than subject to the law. But how and what are the sircumstances of one to get stoned? First, their would have to be four witnesses. These four witnesses would have to have watched the entire thing i.e them having sex and these four witnesses cant be a relative. This is impossible to hapen. So the law is their to scare the husband or wife to not do it, but it is impossible to be implemented because naturally when two people commit adultry they dnt do it in a public place so where on earth are four witnesses going to come from? In the entire history of Islam you can actually count the number of people who have been stonned and these people werent trialed for adultry but they themselves handed themselves to the authorities out of guilt. Even at the time of Mohammed, it never happened that anyone was founf guilty of this. A man once came to him and told him that he commited adultry (i.e punish me) and Mohammed told him, maybe you didnt? He said no I did. Then Mohammed said maybe you just hugged her? He said no I did. Than Mohammed walked away from him. The next time the man saw Mohammed told him "punish me" he said "good deeds wipe out bad deeds. Repent to God". So I dont know where these woman are that you're talking about. Maybe in Afghanistan by Taliban and Talibans laws were mostly cultural (they said they rule with Islamic law) but actually the majority of what they did wasnt. Islamic law says that you have to educate your daughter. Woman in Afghanistan as you know werent allowed too. Islamic law says woman are allowed to enter the parlament, woman in Afghanistan and even Saudia Arabia arent allowed too. So you have to be able to differ between culture and Islam, most of what happens to woman today is because of culture not because of Islam. Even the greatest cleric in Saudia Arabia said that woman should have many more rights than what we give the here but unfortanetly this is because culture has kicked in, not Islam. So in conclusion, the laws are their, but its impossible to implement them. Mohammed used to cry when anyone was punished, he would always advise them not too and that they should just repent but they said that the guilt was too great and so on. So in conclusion, stoning is impossible. Its just their to scare that person but its impossible to be implemented. As I said ive never herd of anyone stoned. Ive read about this hapening in Afghanistan and as I said what they do is mostly cultural.

God bless you.

You too :)

Is there more sects in Islam than Shi'ia and Sunni? And if it isn't too complex an answer, what is the difference between the two, and how does one determine they follow Shi'ia or Sunni?
It is a complex answer so ill just make it simple. The majority of the Muslims are Sunni, 85% are Sunni. Less than 10% are Shia and the other 5% are others. Shias practises have nothing to do with Islam , meaning they add things to the relegion which werent their at the time of Mohammed peace be upon him. So you can sort of say Sunni is orthodox and Shia is unorthodox. Shia are so different that they even are considered to have a different relegion. They mostly aee in Iraq and Iran. Thats where they came from in the begeniing. When Islam spread into Iraq and Iran long ago, the people of Iraq and Iran had a relegion which I dont know what you call in English but basically they woshipped fire. After they became Muslims culture kicked in and they started changing the relegion and adding stuff to it and so on. Shias claim that they follow the prophet and his family only. Sunnis follow the prophet, his family and his companions. Shias are a vast minority but are a majority in Iraq and Iran, the rest of the Muslim world mostly is Sunni. The 5% others are several but most of their beliefs even contradict the Quran so I dont know how they consider themselves Muslims if they simple read the Quran theyll see that theyre wrong. For example one guy came and started a new sect and claimed he was the Messiah, the Christ that the jews were waiting for! Any person who was anything about what the Quran says about Jesus will know that the Quran says that Jesus was the Messiah. So how can this guy be the Messiah! So the other are really little with its followers decieved by guys like this one.

Mohammed prophesized this and said that at some point ull be almost 70 sects. So just follow the Quran and my Sunna (sunna is whatever he did, and said, basically his teachings). Muslims believe in a guy who will come and will unite them and there sects. He is called The Mahdi (meaning the guided one). After the Mahdi will come the Anti Christ and after the Anti Christ will come the true Christ (Jesus, from heaven will come down to earth) and defeat the anti Christ and unite the world.

Also. If makeup is forbidden (which I guess I could be wrong, I am just assuming because I have heard many muslims say you are not to draw attention to your beauty) why is it that Kohl is in markets for muslimahs?

Hmm, I'm a male so I dont know much about this. But Ill give a general answer. In Islam, Muslims are supposed to dress modestly and be modest and guard their chastity. Woman are supposed to cover there hair with the scarf and on the other hand men are supposed to grow there beards. Islam focuses on the inner beauty instead of the physical outter beauty of one. The beauty of the heart is what matters most so we dress modestly. Of course lookng good is allowed its not as if you should try and be ugly, but within modest limits. I think that Kihl is allowed since it is something modest and most Muslim woman do wear kihl. It is 1000% allowed for a woman to wear it infront of her husband of course. Lol you'd have to check on that if you become a Muslim someday :P but most likely I think ts allowed because as our Prophet said peace be upon him "God is beautiful and loves beauty"

(but the most important thing in Islam is the inner beauty not the physical, the beauty of the heart not the body).

Edited by muslim

This is also nice. (I wont be posing links since I think its off topic but this is good)

its Cat Stevens the pop star , now known as Yusuf Islam (he converted) talking about Mohammed (he's recorded Mohammeds biography on CDs and its coming out soon God willing)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6310

Edited by muslim