Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carnotaurus

Cryptoman

I was just reading Jurassic Park and I was thinling back to The Lost World (I read that one first), and I remebered the part about the color blending carnotaurus. I was wondering why scientists think it can change its colors. I think it might be positive, but I'm a little skeptical. Anyone have any info or theories on its colorful abilities?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speshall mareens

• Cryptoman

• IamsSon

• SG7

well if its true then it might just be that way so it can sneak on prey better without really having to give much of a chase for food

Scientists DON'T think it can change it's color...It's just another work of fiction protrayed in JP. Scientists, in reality, have no idea what color dinosaurs were.

I did read it somewhere in a non finction book, but it might have been discredited by now, like T-Rex's vision.

yeah, thers know way to prove the color of there skin, eyesight however can be proven by brain case casts and eye sockets.

yeah, thers know way to prove the color of there skin, eyesight however can be proven by brain case casts and eye sockets.

It can be PROVEN!?

No, it can't! "We believe, based on the evidence we have available to us currently, that ...." There's no way we can prove anything about dinosaur eyesight.

yah, whatever, you get what i ment. don't spaz about it. jeese.

I guess it is impossible to tell. I am very knowledgeable about all things prehistorics (ever since I was 2), I should've seen tthat this theory was very doubtful.

theres no evidence, nor will there ever be, thats why

yah, whatever, you get what i ment. don't spaz about it. jeese.

No, I don't. And if you're going to speak for the scientific viewpoint, you can't just spout stuff and expect that others will be able to translate what you meant. Take the time to think things through before you post them, otherwise, you make all adherents of science look bad.

or MAYBEY i screwed up, every one makes mistakes, adn you freakin out wasn't to scientific either.

or MAYBEY i screwed up, every one makes mistakes, adn you freakin out wasn't to scientific either.

So pointing out that you made a mistake is freaking out?

yes, you seemed to "yell" as best as possible when usi=eing a keyboard. i dind't do anything wrong :innocent: accept for the mistake part. that was wrong ;)

Edited by speshall mareens

i think he just looks for arguments as a futile attempt to "convert" nimwits without the slitest idead of the subjest into believing in *cough*creationism*cough*

Carnotaurus sastrei has been one of my favorite dinosaurs for a while. Then again, I have a soft spot for the abelisaurs in general. Carnos may have had chameleonic skin and they may have not. That's one of the reasons I enjoy drawing dinosaurs. There's no set color for them and I can let my thoughts flow into the creature on my paper.

i like dilophosaur. just sayin. its off topic, but i guess that been put out there, so now what are you gonna do? i will have to show one my drawings of it sometimes.

Considering the fact that modern reptiles can change their skin color it is really not out of line to believe this was possible in some dinosaurs as well. It may have been a common trait for all we know.

yes, but it can't be proven unless we invent time travel

Considering the fact that modern reptiles can change their skin color it is really not out of line to believe this was possible in some dinosaurs as well. It may have been a common trait for all we know.

Yes but 1) most can't and 2) they are not related.

Edited by Mattshark

yep. they're more closely related to birds then reptiles, so that argument doesn't stand. it still may have been a survival tool in smaller dinos, but i don't know if it would help a large dinosaur on the open plains (argentina, i say there plains because of the large sauropods. just thought i would argue my plains thing before someone said something)

Scientists DON'T think it can change it's color...It's just another work of fiction protrayed in JP. Scientists, in reality, have no idea what color dinosaurs were.

This was also what happen to the raptor, those wornt V-raptors!! (I know I called them V-raptors, many of you know how bad of a speller I am. So I did not even wont to try to spell it.) They ware most likly Dinohikiss. ( Yes I know I didn't spell that right!! I spelled it the way it sounds.)

This was also what happen to the raptor, those wornt V-raptors!! (I know I called them V-raptors, many of you know how bad of a speller I am. So I did not even wont to try to spell it.) They ware most likly Dinohikiss. ( Yes I know I didn't spell that right!! I spelled it the way it sounds.)

Deinonychus is the one you are looking for I think ;)

I wouldn't say it is impossible for dinosaurs to change their skin colour, birds can flush exposed bits of skin, effectively changing colour,especially in mating season but I think that is more of a long term response, ie. it takes a long time to initiate and is probably initiated by environmental factors. so it's not impossible, at least with things like vision you can infer things from the eye socket and head shape but I can imagine it is nearly impossible to prove anything to do with skin colour. I suppose we will never really know.

Deinonychus is the one you are looking for I think ;)

I wouldn't say it is impossible for dinosaurs to change their skin colour, birds can flush exposed bits of skin, effectively changing colour,especially in mating season but I think that is more of a long term response, ie. it takes a long time to initiate and is probably initiated by environmental factors. so it's not impossible, at least with things like vision you can infer things from the eye socket and head shape but I can imagine it is nearly impossible to prove anything to do with skin colour. I suppose we will never really know.

They mite of been able to change colour on some parts of there bodys. Some anumils can change the color on there heads or chast to get mates.