Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carnotaurus

Cryptoman

Ah yes, another thread questioning the science of Jurassic Park. Real scientists (not creationists, they are not real scientists) must get pretty annoyed at those movies by now.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speshall mareens

• Cryptoman

• IamsSon

• m. Moe

axept this is abou t carnotaorus, wich is not in tha jurrassic park movies.

Any one besides Iam read The Oath. I read back when I used to a christian. It's about a huge dragon in the eastern US, I think, that eats people that aren't Christians. It had the ability to completely blend into its surroundings. The book is based on actual events just with a Christian spin to sell more books. Other than the worship-jesus-or-be-eaten aspect, the fact that it has some truth makes it a pretty good read. This thread reminded me of this.

Personally, I think "why not?" I'm sure some dinosaurs could have had that ability, it is not unknown to the reptile world. If smaller reptiles can do it today, why couldn't bigger reptiles do it a long time ago? We have no way to prove either side, unless one is found alive today and could be studied. Wouldn't that be cool?!

well yes, with the wide varity and that we haven't yet scratched the surface of paleontology, there probably was a SMALL dino that was able to change color, but it'd be pointless for a large carnosaur in the open plains to do it.

axept this is abou t carnotaorus, wich is not in tha jurrassic park movies.

You obviously don't pay attention.

I was just reading Jurassic Park and I was thinling back to The Lost World (I read that one first), and I remebered the part about the color blending carnotaurus. I was wondering why scientists think it can change its colors. I think it might be positive, but I'm a little skeptical. Anyone have any info or theories on its colorful abilities?