Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CNN Child Artist

Mazewalker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rhyknow

• Mazewalker

• Kalien

• RougeRat

I can't view it for some reason. I am hoping it's just my computer :-/

Can you please explain what happened in the vid?

Oooo<< is it abt Akiane? >> the prodigy child that claims to have went to heaven and paints visions that god had given her? .... i heard some things about her and i must say, her art is absolutli amazing...and if you read her poems ... itz hard to imagine that she is only 12 or was it 11? >> really makes you wonder ( for those that are not christian) is god really there? :unsure:

It works for me when I copy and paste it into my browser. I wish it would work for you guys. Dang!

It shows a little nine year old girl that at the age of four that began to tell her Atheist Mother about 'trips' she'd take to heaven. She started drawing and then actually painting! As she grew older, the paintings became more detailed and you wouldn't believe how vivid they are!!! It's amazing!!!!

Not only that, but a few months ago, she decided she wanted to play piano, and now she's composing her own music. Maybe you can find it via search engine or something? Using the key words of CNN and child artist or something of that nature... I dunno. As I said, it was sent to me in email and I just copied and pasted the link here.

I'm gonna try to post the URL here. Try it and see if it works for ya.... I hope it does!!!

Click Here

Edited by Mazewalker

Click Here

Or..you may have to copy and paste into your browser. It's a short film clip from CNN of a child artist. It's soooo worth your time to watch.

Please watch this and give us your thoughts. I am in awe.

Akiane is one of the most gifted and amazing artists I have ever had the pleasure to view her work. She started sketching faces when she was just four years old, even then, they had detail and were far different from normal four year olds. Hopefully the link below will take you all to her official site.

Akiane Artist

Well I still can't view the video... :-/

However, I looked her up and her pictures are absolutely amazing! For anyone else who wants to see her art, go here: http://www.artakiane.com/home.htm

Edit: Also, she is a very gifted poet. Check out the poem on her site http://www.artakiane.com/akiane_poetry.htm She is a very gifted girl! :wub:

Edited by RougeRat

hey paintings are VERY good but I dont believe they are anything but a very talented little girls work. i would like to hear more about her "journeys" though

It shows a little nine year old girl that at the age of four that began to tell her Atheist Mother about 'trips' she'd take to heaven.

Click Here

I wonder if she'd be getting the same amount of attention if at 4 she began lecturing her Fundie Christian mother on the fine points of aetheism?

I wonder if she'd be getting the same amount of attention if at 4 she began lecturing her Fundie Christian mother on the fine points of aetheism?

I think we all know that answer to that :D

Still she is so talanted that there is no way she would not be famous religious or not.

I dunno..... what I wonder is how does a four year old even know that much about "heaven" regardless if her Mother is atheist? Thing is, this little girl is truly gifted. It facinates me to see any child with a born talent for any art be it in music, painting, writing, whatever. Some call it genius. Some call it magical. I call it spiritual because that is the only word that feels right to me.

Thank all of you for these extra links! I love getting to see more of her work. The link that Lotus Flower put here is really something. When you click on her paintings, some of them have a little something quoted about them by this little girl. Her thoughts and expressions are just as captivating as her art is. Remarkable...simply remarkable.

Edited by Mazewalker

Thank you so much for that, it was beautiful.

She is absolutely remarkable. I have a bachelor's degree in Painting (yeah, I wasn't very practical when I was younger), and I couldn't do half of what she does. I am amazed. Thanks for sharing!

Indigo, Maybe so!! I wouldnt be suprised at all if she had a near death experience somewhere in her first year of life or so...

Her art is absolutely breathtaking.

I think I'm going to see about getting one of her books to read. Hopefully it will tell more about how she first began to relate her experiences. I'm wondering if she had a near death experience, or....if she "remembered" perhaps from where she came from. I know that for me personally, my first memory is wondering how I got into such a small little body. Even though I'm much older now, that first memory is still just as vivid today.

Super talented kids make me so mad. I'm 17 and I'm not even that good, and I've been practicing for 4 years. Anywho, she's an absolute genius. Definately God-given talent. A real slap in the face to all the athiests out there.

• 2 weeks later...

The horse that she has drawn.

I saw it somewhere in heaven during my astral travelling long time ago.

It was a beautiful horse.

ive read articles/seen interviews (online),and have been to her web site.

it is very interesting and her paintings are beautiful. has anyone seen the

one with the tree in autumn,with the sun shining?? it looks so very real..:)

• 3 weeks later...

a prodigy is right - we need to find out how they tick and why. we need more of them.

as for seeing god - we see god as we understand god. her mother may have been an athiest , but our society isn't. and of course the dominating religion is christianity ( and a erroneous white jesus).

it seems , in other countries, and with children who have NDE - they tend to see the god of thier understanding.

hence this doesn't mean what she sees is right for all. if she had been a buddist she would have seen budda.

• 3 weeks later...

I think she is indeed very talented, however I don't think it's a "gift from god". Heck, we could go about saying the same stuff about Mozart but we choose to call him a "child prodigy" instead.

I seriously doubt God has anything to do with it, and as the others have pointed out i doubt she'd be getting as much attention if she were an atheist

Yeah, attributing this talent to god is not giving this girl enough credit. She's a pretty damn fine painter.

Yeah, attributing this talent to god is not giving this girl enough credit. She's a pretty damn fine painter.

Word to that

a prodigy is right - we need to find out how they tick and why. we need more of them.

as for seeing god - we see god as we understand god. her mother may have been an athiest , but our society isn't. and of course the dominating religion is christianity ( and a erroneous white jesus).

it seems , in other countries, and with children who have NDE - they tend to see the god of thier understanding.

hence this doesn't mean what she sees is right for all. if she had been a buddist she would have seen budda.

I disagree, She was 4 years old when she was receiving this insight from God. Her mother was an atheist so there was no Christian influence over her. So why did she pick the Christian God and not Buddha? Her mother definitely wasn't influencing her, and 4 is a really young age to comprehend that, even if her mother was a believer.