Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mazewalker

CNN Child Artist

59 posts in this topic

Ravenwing

Sorry.. doesn't work for me either no matter what I do.. if it is a short video ( Which my computer is telling me it's not) can someone put it on UTube or something?

T <_< hanks, Ravenwing <_<

Primeval

I don't understand how she can be "self taught" she is using techniques in her supposed art that you wouldn't know about if you were self taught. "there were millions of colors that we don't know yet" ......

capeo

Her works alright. Nothing all that special though. There are lots of child prodigies out there. Alexandra Nechita (whose understanding of composition and formalism at a young age blows this girl away and is now just stunning) and Wang Yani come to mind.

BlueZone
Her works alright. Nothing all that special though. There are lots of child prodigies out there. Alexandra Nechita (whose understanding of composition and formalism at a young age blows this girl away and is now just stunning) and Wang Yani come to mind.

For some reason I find the artwork of extremely old people much more interesting than the art of young people with "potential".

Sorry to sound cynical but- I don't understand the whole child prodigy thing. I guess I'm supposed to be bowled over by the fact that she can do this because she's come straight from heaven trailing clouds of glory. Or maybe I'm supposed to be trilled with anticipation to see what she's going to produce in the future.

Well, I'm much more interested in the present than the future. To me a barely decipherable drawing of a 105 year old is truly fascinating. The child prodigy thing is interesting but much less so.

Sorry again for the cynicism.

Edited by BlueZone

Wallydraigle

Her paintings are really beautiful and she is very skilled, but no more so than many other artists, her age or not. The reason she has this "celebrity" is because she is attractive and charismatic. She's "sellable". If she was ugly, or mexican or something, there might be a little blurb about her on the news, maybe not, everyone would go, "Ahhh, isn't that nice" and we'd never hear about her again.

War Eagle

Awesomely gifted/talented yes, but visions from god & heaven? Me personally, i'm be wary of anything coming from 'CNN'.

Don't wanna sound cynical here but her father was never mentioned in the clip, maybe just maybe psychologically she's filling in a void (Father/God) & or experienced a bad messy divorce or something by painting heavenly portraits as an escape?

Just my take...

dieubussy

There's no doubt she is an outstanding painter, never mind her age. She explores colours and shapes in a way most artists can't. This is indeed a rare case, however, not the only case of children with talents beyond their age in either arts or mathematics.

As for the visions she has, we must respect them, although I give little or no credibility to them since she depicts religious themes the same way everyone else has depicted so far. Had she painted more obscure paintings I'd be more captivated, but in the end there’s nothing more to it than the remarkable talent – which is enough to justify the piece. I would be willing to accept, at the most, that being gifted in so many other ways, her sensitivity enables her to see and perceive certain things in her world that no one else can. Maybe her dreams are very deep and vivid and she has trouble discerning them from reality.

As always, these news segments tend to be short and limited. These are filed under “human interest” and “hope stories” in order to counterbalance the weight of social disturbances or the tragedies of war. There are a lot of things which could be investigated so as to find some explanations but, then again, why spoil it?

Thanks for the link.

Orcseeker

inspired by god, maybe, but it was not the gift of... ok, let me explain. Generally, prodigies are just people in which their brain can connect with something, like mozart with his music. To say the least, these things are better than ***. Yes thats right, and this is why these people are so good at what they do. They absorb every detail about it and learn at an alarming rate.

reallygreatidea

I agree she is "sellable" and that is mybe why she is getting so much attention....I also agree that some of her style and technique could not be self-taught...at 3 or any other age. I think this is a scam.