Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government Agencies monitoring UM Forums

wjsa

What are the odds of Government Agencies monitoring the UM Forums?

I'm sure they have a team of people dedicated to monitoring activities on forums like this one.

We all know about the Echelon Network and their keyword monitoring capabilities, but what if

this forum was created by some Government Agency and they actually interact with us to extract information.

That user that asks leading questions or pretends to be a skeptic waiting for you to prove your point with more information...

Whose to say, he is not some agent sitting there eating his donut.

This is an ideal way for them to extract information and also rate the believability of their next conspiracy...

"Oh no, they're on to us...we better come up with better excuses next time. JFK was killed by someone projectile vomiting a grape."

A team dedicated to monitoring the forums and a team of spin doctors working right next to them.

"Hello Mr Agent...I hope you are having fun monitoring us. It's time for your daily donut."

555 guests, 79 members, 12 anonymous members

Exactly who are these anonymouse members???

I'd say the odds are very likely that this forum as well as others are monitored by one organization or another...

One of our members got reported to a govt. agency once I think... so even if there's no official spook assigned to this forum, there are Definately "peer-spys" that will turn any of us in in a heartbeat if they get the wild hare. Which I'm sure the govt. loves that we can't trust our neighbors. Hopefully far as they know my name's Celumnaz...

555 guests, 79 members, 12 anonymous members

Exactly who are these anonymouse members???

An anonymous member is any registered member who clicks the "Log in as invisible box" when logging on to the site, like me, now for example. Nothing too sinister in that.

Hopefully far as they know my name's Celumnaz...

Ooops :blink::unsure2::ph34r:

Ok Saruman and all you mod's, your cover's been blown now, start up the pizza delivery truck and move along now. The gig is up you've been made LOL. I do think the entire net is monitored including U.M. I wonder what happeded to that guy who was reported, I can't remember what he was reported for something about 9/11 I think :ph34r:

Edited by The Silver Thong

I'd be more careful, topics like this are obviously nothing more than good ways to get silenced. They're watching. :ph34r:

Seriously though, if you're going to post on the internet, even connect to any site, your information is spilling onto the net for anyone with the access or no how to obtain. Just with a simple post it's easy to track who you are and alot of information. If you don't want to be spied on, best to stay off the internet period.

I would just like to say to any government spooks on the forum, that I would be willing to switch teams for a big fat governement pay-check. Most people are stupid anyway, lying to them would be easy. :tu:

I think that Pizza delivery truck just pulled up outside my house...

It's been nice chatting you guys...I'm off to the morgue.

But seriously, do any of you know the exact reason why that guy got reported?

Would be interesting to know why.

I'm with El Midgetron....if they are listening and want some help, pay up!

and what kind of info would gvmt. get from this forum? what is it good for? a laugh over lunch? come on, don't be paranoid, let them watch, and laugh, we still have the 1st amendment, don't we?

I would just like to say to any government spooks on the forum, that I would be willing to switch teams for a big fat governement pay-check. Most people are stupid anyway, lying to them would be easy. :tu:

I'm with you el midgetron! :lol: Where do I sign up? :P

Everyone here cracks me up :)

I can't find that post, or remember who it was :(

If I remember right it happened shortly after julianpenrod joined. mebbe the thread disappeared...

I think that Pizza delivery truck just pulled up outside my house...

It's been nice chatting you guys...I'm off to the morgue.

But seriously, do any of you know the exact reason why that guy got reported?

Would be interesting to know why.

I'm with El Midgetron....if they are listening and want some help, pay up!

I forget who it was... I think it was snuffypuffer or something like that... Someone decided to send a note to the government telling them that the member believes the government orchestrated 9/11.

and what kind of info would gvmt. get from this forum? what is it good for? a laugh over lunch? come on, don't be paranoid, let them watch, and laugh, we still have the 1st amendment, don't we?

They wouldnt be monitoring the forum FOR information. They would be using it to distribute information/propaganda.

There is not really a whole lot to report, and no one I know of has ever been "reported". We have had a few suicide attempts that I have tried to assist with by contacting ISP's, but beyond that no real need to report anything. I personally have deleted posts when people have threatened to injure the president, or other members(myself included), but not for any legal reason other than it is against forum rules. That was as far as it went.

Deleting or editing of posts is generally for thee fact that they are appropriate for this forum, or some aspect is against forum rules; i.e. cursing or threatening violence. Not to be disrespectful to anyone, but there isn't anyone here "in the know" of anything that would require monitoring on the behalf of a government agency. There are forums out there that may be an exception, but the general complaints and conspiricy chatting that occurs here isn't a blip on the radar screen as far as the government is concerned in my opinion.

Sounds like a crackpot theory to many, but I think it's true ;). Which, government spying didn't start with Bush, it's been happening for years; Just became unpopular with Bush. Echelon (if Im not mistaken it is shut down now) had lists of "key words" that was said over the phone, typed in faxes or emails, and on public forums; when a word would come up; the document would be analyzed to determine if there was any significance to it or not.

As for me and my paranoia. I still say all the anti-government stuff I want. There's no reason for me to worry because thats as far as it goes.

Well certain mods within the UM network have banned and silenced many people on here in relation to 9/11 because there opinions conflict with those there banning.

Ive seen it here numerous times, Mods silencing people with Warnings first when no insult has been directed at that individual.

Could certain mods be in on the act?

I totally agree UM is monitered daily by certain government officials to keep the 9/11 official story alive, and produce false sites which are created by government officials to relay what they believe is the truth. If it happens on the news where they photoshop a picture to make the picture look much more intense that it is (i think it was ABC) then it should be easy for the Government.

On such a large scale government operation like 9/11, they (evil elements within the government) would do what it takes to keep the official story alive and brainwash people into believing it, just like they brainwashed people into believing Iraq had something to do with 9/11, or Iraq had weapons of mass destruction in which later on Bush himself confessed that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and had no WMD's, but it was too late they already had a foot hold in Iraq.

Mara (10)

Well certain mods within the UM network have banned and silenced many people on here in relation to 9/11 because there opinions conflict with those there banning.

Ive seen it here numerous times, Mods silencing people with Warnings first when no insult has been directed at that individual.

I totally agree UM is monitered daily by certain government officials to keep the 9/11 official story alive, and produce false sites which are created by government officials to relay what they believe is the truth. If it happens on the news where they photoshop a picture to make the picture look much more intense that it is (i think it was ABC) then it should be easy for the Government.

On such a large scale government operation like 9/11, they (evil elements within the government) would do what it takes to keep the official story alive and brainwash people into believing it, just like they brainwashed people into believing Iraq had something to do with 9/11, or Iraq had weapons of mass destruction in which later on Bush himself confessed that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and had no WMD's, but it was too late they already had a foot hold in Iraq.

Mara (10)

let me ask you this, were you there when that happend, did you see it with your own eyes? were you there for clean up?

i was. didn,t see anything other the planes hit the towers, and the aftermath.

no conspiracy whatsoever, just act of terror.

:lol: That's so true, Empress. The first, most people, ever heard of the government prying into peoples personal lives was with Harry Truman.

Mara, if the MODS silenced everyone with an opposing opinion their would be no one left. :P All in all it seems they are very fair and even though you may not see the warnings they PM the individuals it's not a surprise to most of us when someone has their posting rights revoked.

let me ask you this, were you there when that happend, did you see it with your own eyes? were you there for clean up?

i was. didn,t see anything other the planes hit the towers, and the aftermath.

no conspiracy whatsoever, just act of terror.

Let me ask you this....

Did u see the terrorists actually flying the planes?

How do you know they were terrorists?

Did you see the passport of the terrorist that miraculously fell out of the WTC towers and landed on the streets undamaged?

Mara (10)

An anonymous member is any registered member who clicks the "Log in as invisible box" when logging on to the site, like me, now for example. Nothing too sinister in that.

Could be me too, Waspie.

I think I've already been accused of being a NASA plant, put here to monitor this board and report back on who was saying what about aliens and UFOs and Apollo.

But I'll never let on if I am or not...

:D

...you're all being watched by the men in black.

Attention all UM-ers, you are being monitored.

We shall assume control.

We shall assume control.... <_<

Could be me too, Waspie.

I think I've already been accused of being a NASA plant, put here to monitor this board and report back on who was saying what about aliens and UFOs and Apollo.

But I'll never let on if I am or not...

I've never risen to the dizzying heights of NASA plant, just dis-information agent. With that and my new role as government spy I'm owed a whole lot of back pay and to be honest I can do with the money.

Well certain mods within the UM network have banned and silenced many people on here in relation to 9/11 because there opinions conflict with those there banning. I've seen it here numerous times, Mods silencing people with Warnings first when no insult has been directed at that individual.

We do not go around 'silencing' or banning people. This is a discussion forum, it would be somewhat of a contradiction for us to ban people because they have differing opinions.

the mods here are great. spend enough time here and you'll see it. yes they have their own opinions but I've NEVER seen them hold that against Anyone. the only one that might be an agent would be SaRuMan, and since these are his boards he can be an agent of whatever he wants here. He could take them down in 5 min. and put up a forum for peanut butter lovers if he wanted. But he doesn't...

have been a member of MANY forums, and this is bar none the very best of its kind I've seen on the subjects covered here. Some of those I *have* been "banned" from because of my opinions, and one of them has a rule for me that I'm not allowed to post until at least 5 other unique posters have commented... but haven't got that here. :) thinking about doing it on my own tho... get the feeling I kill threads sometimes. just ignore me.

anyway, stick around and watch before putting any trust in those rumors... this is a great place.

Edit: I don't mean to imply that I think SaRuMaN is an agent :P Just that I could argue a case for it based on he's the one that allows this whole experience to happen in the first place...

Edited by Celumnaz