Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Credentials

eqgumby

Wow, there's some real ego *snip* in this thread.

I'm a 19 year old male who has completed High School, other than that I have a Certificate 3 in Music Industry and Technology and a Certificate 4 in Liberal arts of which i am completing the diploma this year.

Maybe some, but I still see it as a way to know who I am talking to on some level.

For example, in a thread related to the Music industry, I might defer to your greater educational level in the field.

On the other hand, in a thread on raising teenagers, it's important to note that anything you may say would be influenced by your age and inexperience in the field. See what I mean?

Add some more about yourself. What kind of background do you come from, where in UM do you post and discuss? Call it an ego stroke if you like. It's expected here at least! :tu:

Edited by Kismit

I am 19 year old Lithuanian female.

I finished school of fine arts (12 years), two last years specializing in sculpture. At the moment I'm a second year student of sculpture in Academy of Fine Arts. Unemployed.

I sometimes make short films, used to write short stories (only for close friends to read).

Never experienced anything paranormal (except maybe a few lucid dreams, but I guess it doesn't count).

I grew up with a dog, and have another dog now, there has always been a dog in my life... :)

I was baptized 8 years old by my own will, however, it isn't a pleasant memory.

I have something that you may call social anxiety, problems with comunicating with people I don't know well - but maybe I just imagine it - as a result, I'm constantly in self-analysis.

My English isn't too bad, but in UM I usually avoid getting into debates or arguements, because I don't feel like able to properly discuss and defend my opinion in English. Or I don't get specific jokes. Overall being quite openminded, I have some problems of having a categorical opinion of my own. Hence I don't risk attacking people's opinion, because who knows - they may be right.

Thanks for your attention ;)

Edited by justejust

I am 19 year old Lithuanian female.

I finished school of fine arts (12 years), two last years specializing in sculpture. At the moment I'm a second year student of sculpture in Academy of Fine Arts. Unemployed.

I sometimes make short films, used to write short stories (only for close friends to read).

Never experienced anything paranormal (except maybe a few lucid dreams, but I guess it doesn't count).

I grew up with a dog, and have another dog now, there has always been a dog in my life... :)

I was baptized 8 years old by my own will, however, it isn't a pleasant memory.

I have something that you may call social anxiety, problems with comunicating with people I don't know well - but maybe I just imagine it - as a result, I'm constantly in self-analysis.

My English isn't too bad, but in UM I usually avoid getting into debates or arguements, because I don't feel like able to properly discuss and defend my opinion in English. Or I don't get specific jokes. Overall being quite openminded, I have some problems of having a categorical opinion of my own. Hence I don't risk attacking people's opinion, because who knows - they may be right.

Thanks for your attention ;)

If you state your position or opinion politely, most people here won't jump on you. By the way, you communicated and expressed yourself very clearly here, more-so than many people for whom English is their ONLY language! Thanks for taking the time to post here. Always good to know people involved in the arts stop by UM too. The more diverse, the better!

i'm a 15yr old dude from bonnie ol scotland.

i'm into media production, i've got qualifacations in media production and in media skills.

I make movies in my spare time

i have a cat

All my mates are demented

I am not, much.

I am dating a girl from glasgow

but apart from that I lead a very very boring life.

i'm a 15yr old dude from bonnie ol scotland.

i'm into media production, i've got qualifacations in media production and in media skills.

I make movies in my spare time

i have a cat

All my mates are demented

I am not, much.

I am dating a girl from glasgow

but apart from that I lead a very very boring life.

Do you do a lot of graphic work with software? Special effects stuff? Always good to have an experienced eye out there to verify some of the crazy pictures and videos we see on UM.

Do you do a lot of graphic work with software? Special effects stuff? Always good to have an experienced eye out there to verify some of the crazy pictures and videos we see on UM.

yep, i've got alot of practice with picture/video editing software. proplem is i can only use it at collage beause i can't afford it myself!

yep, i've got alot of practice with picture/video editing software. proplem is i can only use it at collage beause i can't afford it myself!

Students can get a lot of software free or amazingly cheap in the states. Maybe you can look into that where you are. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing your analysis of some of the pics and video we see here on UM. Welcome! :tu:

• 1 month later...

Im a 30 year old mother of three 2 boys one girl. I live in cumbria england.

Divorced once but now engaged to be married to a very talented IT specailist.

Ive been interested in the unexplained for as long as I can remember as a child I was facinated with death and always asking questions about where we go when we die.

Im a house wife and looking after my kids takes up most of my time as my eldest boy has special needs.

I sing and am currently recording with my fiance who also plays guitar.

Im currently on a course for victims of domestic abuse.

I used to work as a carer for the elderly before I had kids. I also worked as a kissagram for a short while.

I enjoy crafty kind of things and I love to customise clothes.

Im very much in to music mainly rock/metal but my taste is pretty varried.

Oh and I have blue hair. :D

Well.

I am a 20 year old half Rroma "gypsy" half Aussie Convict.

I have an advanced Diploma in Information Technology and am part time studying software engineering at the University of South Australia.

I own a small quite successful Computer store.

I am the 2nd of three brothers yet I suffer none of the psychological syndromes the middle child is supposed to have.

I play both Cricket and Basketball but for me true relaxation happens on a boat with a fishing pole in my hand.

I am dating a 20 year old Asian Australian girl who I have known since I was 6.

Both my girlfriend and I have been practicing Muay Thai since we were about 10 and we both have recentally completed a 9th khan gradings, though her date of grading is slightly before mine due to an injury i suffered recentally.

I am an avid reader of philosophy and have been engaged in several official debates both at the School and University level.

I have been a member of UM for several years originally posting in the Ancient Mysteries section, however now I generally stick to the two Spirituality sections.

I am reasonably skeptic and I like to think that I carry my arguments both logically and politely.

AtlantisRises

Im a 30 year old mother of three 2 boys one girl. I live in cumbria england.

Divorced once but now engaged to be married to a very talented IT specailist.

Ive been interested in the unexplained for as long as I can remember as a child I was facinated with death and always asking questions about where we go when we die.

Im a house wife and looking after my kids takes up most of my time as my eldest boy has special needs.

I sing and am currently recording with my fiance who also plays guitar.

Im currently on a course for victims of domestic abuse.

I used to work as a carer for the elderly before I had kids. I also worked as a kissagram for a short while.

I enjoy crafty kind of things and I love to customise clothes.

Im very much in to music mainly rock/metal but my taste is pretty varried.

Oh and I have blue hair. :D

Love the blue hair! Thanks for posting!

• 1 month later...

Funny avatar about the straight jacket. :rofl: this is my first post - about your avatar! Thanks for the laughs ...

I suppose I could add a small bio, even though I haven't posted anything requiring a reference -

• B.S. (yep) magna in business and computers then a divorce and career change to massage therapy
  • a couple more years education there
  • home schooled my kids
  • grew up in a haunted house, so don't really question the paranormal, but mostly feel challenged in paranormal situations

(means when weird things happen - sounds, mists, pressures, etc. - intrigued, but sometimes feel a little "out of my league")

• worked 20 years as a computer repair technician after college
  • enjoy web design
  • have always been involved with herbs and healing
  • love funny stuff
  • love all kinds of animals and fascinated with dolphins

Good to meet you all -

Glad you like my avi "sundown". Welcome to UM. :D

I'm 21 years old from the ever-lovely Buffalo, NY.

I've been coming to UM for over a year now to help pass unalotted time at work and have inadvertantly found myself addicted. :)

I originally came to read some of the paranormal articles and now, sporting the nifty 'View New Posts' button, I roam into whichever threads happen to catch my eye.

I graduated from highschool in '05 and attended community college in Business Adminstration for one year. I then took a semester off so I could get my insurance licenses for personal lines; auto, home, life and health. I've been working full time at my father's insurance office for the same amount of time I've been coming here. Before that I was part time, making those pesky phone calls we all try to avoid at home.

I taught myself Adobe Photoshop and Premiere in highschool and it has always been a hobby of mine to use both. I started attending ITT in March for Multimedia and I have since been working more with both. I'm also learning 3D Studio Max, After Effects, Flash, Illustrator, and some of the other Adobe software... and I'd like to think I'm somewhat proficient in each.

I have a 19 year old brother who is going to ITT with me. I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, although I would not be able to use it very well anymore; it's been years since I've stopped.

I've never had any experiences that I'd attribute to anything paranormal and would consider myself more of a skeptic than a believer. I also have a track record of dating a lot of girls who turn out to be nut jobs... but it keeps life interesting, I guess. :mellow:

I do my best to look at things logically, from an objective view, but as we all know it's not always easy. Likewise, I do my best to keep an open mind, but it's impossible not to form strong opinions about a lot of things after spending so much time here. :)

I guess that's pretty much it. I'm here to learn, be entertained, and hopefully entertain and teach others where I can.

Edited by crtbud

I'm 21 years old from the ever-lovely Buffalo, NY.

*snipped for space*

I guess that's pretty much it. I'm here to learn, be entertained, and hopefully entertain and teach others where I can.

Thanks for posting crt. Keep up the good work. I like your posts, pretty well thought out and concise.

Hmm...

43 year old male (301 in Dog Years).

Born in "Cajun Country" Louisiana (Lake Charles).Currently live in Michigan.

Practicing Druid Priest.

Musician (Drums,percussion,and anything I can hit with sticks and get a sound out of :P ),have been playing on and off for about 30 years.

Voracious reader (I'll read pretty much anything but romance novels).

Survivalist (because I believe it's better to be prepared for any possible scenario...not because of conspiracy theories).

Mediaeval enthusiast (I've always been interested in Mediaeval history).

Jack-of-many-trades (I like learning about different trades and skills,and have had to at times).

Professional Lunatic :P (I try to bring some levity to everything).

Martial Arts enthusiast.

Amateur Astronomer.

Armchair Philosopher.

I am a skeptic when it concerns unexplained mysteries.I've always been interested in them from the time I was a pup,and have experienced a few incidents that I have not been able to explain away by rational or logical means...yet.I do believe that there is the possibility that there may be more to this world (or existence) than what we can see or experience.

Hmm...

43 year old male (301 in Dog Years).

Born in "Cajun Country" Louisiana (Lake Charles).Currently live in Michigan.

Practicing Druid Priest.

Musician (Drums,percussion,and anything I can hit with sticks and get a sound out of :P ),have been playing on and off for about 30 years.

Voracious reader (I'll read pretty much anything but romance novels).

Survivalist (because I believe it's better to be prepared for any possible scenario...not because of conspiracy theories).

Mediaeval enthusiast (I've always been interested in Mediaeval history).

Jack-of-many-trades (I like learning about different trades and skills,and have had to at times).

Professional Lunatic :P (I try to bring some levity to everything).

Martial Arts enthusiast.

Amateur Astronomer.

Armchair Philosopher.

I am a skeptic when it concerns unexplained mysteries.I've always been interested in them from the time I was a pup,and have experienced a few incidents that I have not been able to explain away by rational or logical means...yet.I do believe that there is the possibility that there may be more to this world (or existence) than what we can see or experience.

Interesting. You sound like a cool guy to sit and have a beer with. (Or brew your own barrel for that matter). Cool that you are skeptical but still interested and looking at unexplained stuff. I tend to feel the same.

Interesting. You sound like a cool guy to sit and have a beer with. (Or brew your own barrel for that matter). Cool that you are skeptical but still interested and looking at unexplained stuff. I tend to feel the same.

It's been said that I tend to be a lot of fun to be around. :P

As for the rest,it's part of my inherent nature to question everything and to look for answers.I do not think that mankind has figured out everything about the world yet,although I figure they will at some point in time (probably far after the current generations have already died off).It all boils down to time.

I try to look at all things from different points of view,which includes looking for all possible factors behind different experiences in an effort to see if there is a reasonable or logical way to explain them.I won't do what some other self-proclaimed "skeptics" do,which is be completely condescending to those who offer up their experiences for discussion...for I look at the fact that most of these people genuinely believe that they have had an experience.Therefore,it is not my place to say that they didn't.Instead,I think it's better to look at all of the conditions during their experience to see if there could be a natural or logical cause behind it.

For other types of discussions such as "alternative history",I do tend to look at any sources cited to see if they're credible.It's amazing to see how many are willing to automatically believe everything they read...without checking on the credibility of it all. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting crt. Keep up the good work. I like your posts, pretty well thought out and concise.

Thanks egg, I'd have to say the same for you... and you're always bringing interesting points to the discussions :tu:

*Makes a note of Daughters reluctance to reveal her true identity*

Hey, it's my job! :innocent:

Edited by Pavot

First off I have enjoyed reading all. I am a single never married mom I am 44yrs old with a son who is 16yrs old and a daughter who is 4 yrs old. My son is really my cousin but I have raised him since he was 9 month old. I live with sister,mom,my 2 children,1 dog 2 cats. My sister and I are very very close we had a home built together 2 yrs ago. My sister lost her late husband to cancer back in 1990 and never married again me......relationships never worked out. My dad died of cancer also (smoking) I lost my sister (older) back in 1975 to a horrible murder. I was 12yrs old but it seems like last year it just stays in my head. Never really traveled love our new house,love all animals and worked with them years ago. I have been in the insurance field most of my working years its ok. I have seen ghosts,have an open mind about most things. My grandmother on my mothers side was Jewish and my grand father was german. My fathers side not to sure? I have been told many times that I should have been a comedian I crack myself up some times. I go out of my way for others in need and I really like chating with you all. I still find it hard to beleive that some of you live almost on the other side of the world "Not to skilled on the net yet." ^_^

Glad you like my avi "sundown". Welcome to UM. :D

Thanks for the welcome m_p.  BTW I *love* Garfield too.  My Bandit is a real-life one, an orange tabby with an attitude.   B)

Well I'm a 37 year old divorced male ( only married for three years )

No kids

Lived most all of my life in the hills of southern Ohio

Some college but not much

I work for a water / waste water utility.

If you want to know more, I have a long list of hobbies and interests on my profile page.

41 yrs. old

Happily married for 15 1/2 yrs

2 beautiful children

1 dog

Quit high school at beginning of 12 th grade (I know, stupid of me), went back 5 yrs later and got my GED

Went to college, it took 7 yrs. to get a 2 yr. degree ( Had 2 children during that time, hubby had a kidney transplant so I had to quit school and work for a little while)

Associates Degree in Nutrition and Food Management

Have had my current job as a Nutritionist at the local health dept for almost 5 yrs. now :)

Thanks to the last few posters. I personally think it helps to be able to see who we are talking to. We all know that vastly different world experiences color our opinions and thoughts. I think this is a good way to put a "face" to the avatars I talk with everyday.

I am 30 years old and betrothed to a lovely lass (but trying to hold onto my freedom for as long as she lets me get away with it)

No kids, although the dog thinks he's one. He's a Chinook so I've been informed (not the helicopter type, although with his tail wagging I swear he's gonna take off one day!)

I've been lucky enough not to have been punished with a 'proper' job.

Left school at 16 with no qualifications, and for the last 3 years of those I only turned up because it was the easiest place to buy drugs. Although I have turned my back on them now...except for special occasions I may smoke the odd joint. I could have passed all my exams (except maths, may as well be Kling-on for me). I didn't get any inspiration from any lessons, but I put it down to the subject matter that they were teaching us. Even for a 13 year old it was easy to see we were just being conditioned to be 'a productive member of society'. All the maths sums were about money...you go to a shop, buy such and such for you, and you have £10, your granny told you to buy her her newspaper and she give you 50p the bill comes to whatever, how much change have you got left...or...you get a bill from the gas man the electric man and the taxman you get so much in your wages paid into the bank but you have to pay a so many percent off a loan, how much money left have you got to spend on food? I didn't care at 12 year old about all that because mum did it!!! And to even question how terrible it were for all those little Indian folk to die with the birth of America led to my own little classroom in the storage cupboard for a year.

I'm an avid reader and will read almost anything except Mills and Boons, Jackie Collins and the like, not over keen on fantasy/sci-fi either.

I've been composing music since I was 10 but only for fun, and played a few gigs in the local pubs with my guitar.

I've travelled a little bit, not any great distances, but for some prolonged periods, I always get sidetracked by digging into places that I really like and getting to know the locals. To really get to know them, and be accepted by them I've found that you have to stick around so that you aren't just another tourist and you gotta live, eat and breath like them. The 'sights' like Colosseum/Eiffel Tower and what have you don't intrest/impress me. Travelled most of Eastern Europe (except Russia), All of Central/Western Europe (except London because I'm scared of getting stabbed by a 10 year old). Never been to Scandanavia yet...I'm hoping global warming really kicks in in the next few years and melts all the snow, I'm not very good at cold (must be those reptiallian genes in me that a lot of folk on these forums would have me believe...hehe) Done Morocco and some of Algeria. I stayed a couple of weeks with a friends family in Sidi Moumen, Casablanca, in a corrugated metal house in the 'ghetto' where there was a spate of suicide bombers, and is apparently a hotbed of 'Radicalized Islamist Jihadi's'. Even my Moroccan friends said that I was crazy to go there. Not once did I feel threatened! Even walking alone at times late at night, or walking into a cafe, drinking kawa hlib or atay nanna, sharing a joint with the locals and watching the football or some low budget American action movie on the action channel. They were good times! I spent 6 months living with the Sleuh Berbers of the Anti-Atlas, and did a little 3 month tour of The Sahara on a quad bike. Even in 45C temperatures I didn't think it was too bad and have suffered more from the heat in England on a really hot day. I'm ginger too! but I will remember to take suncream with me the next time I venture out that way. There were times when I looked like a reptillan who was shedding his skin...should've seen the faces on some of those desert dwellers when they seen my scabby face...lol.

I have had some strange 'un-natural' experences in my childhood. When I was about 5/6 years old I woke up one morning and sat on the edge of my bed and thought I heard my brother coming up the stairs when the noise got to the top I was expecting to see my brother but instead it was what I can only describe as a cross between a Smurf and an Umpa Lumpah and he scared the s**t out of me, he came running up to me and tried dragging me off the bed...so I fought back, and he run off into my Parents bedroom, and I stood there gobsmacked. I still swear today that I never woke up after that because no sooner had the little s**t run off my elder brother woke up and told me to shut up making all that noise...lol...But I still can't believe in little blue blokes unless they are on the TV. A childs imagination is something else eh!?

Another strange event happened when I was 15. I was with some friends and we were all taking LSD. When we were coming up we used to take some hot knives as a booster. I had mine and drifted off into a massive trip where something strange happened to me. I was aware of everything that had ever happened and that will happen in the universes lifespan all in the blink of an eye. When I told them they were hit by the giggles big time and asked me to prove it, so it just came out without thinking I said that on our way home as soon as we come out of the gate from the golf course there will be a motorbike that'll come round the corner and drive past us...and so it did! I can't recall anything at all from that 'acid vision' now though...but you can read my prophosies that I wrote down at the time by sending me £30 cash and i will send you the book...only kidding! I do have to say though, that LSD can be a very strange drug and does 'open doors' in your mind, whether or not they are supposed to be opened God only knows.

I think I've seen something what could be desrcibed as a UFO or it could be a flock of geese. Geese tend to float around in the air making a rough V shape whereas what I seen was like a triangle of 6 lights with the lower right hand light missing and then it came from behind overhead and 'slotted' in perfectly to make up the whole triangle. At the time I had just woken and rubbed my eyes then looked out of the window and watched it for about 10 seconds before it disappeared over Pendle Hill. I'd like to believe that it was a little alien chap but for me to be convinced he'd have to get out of his spaceship and come over and sit down with me let me poke and prod him before I was anywhere near convinced.

Not religious as such, but do think that the philosophies contained within the religions are spot on especially that we should love everyone as we would love our parents...even those who wish to destroy us...moreso them I say. I don't believe in the ritualistic side of religion like eating unclean foods and such...oh yeah, give it a wash and kill it with a bit of respect like...but if I was truly starving I'd eat a scabby horse! Like Jesus said its not what we put into our bodies that is evil, evil is what comes out of the heart.

I didnt realise how much I've written...hence rambling...lol

Must go now while the rains stopped and dig a bit more of my cave only got 4 years to complete it!!! :o

Cheers

Ste