Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Credentials

eqgumby

I grew up in Minnesota in the United States and also spent several years of my childhood in Las Vegas, Nevada. My early life is fairly uneventful. I wrestled and ran track in high school.

After high school I joined the United States Air Force. I was active duty for 4 years and I am currently a SSGT in the Air National Guard. I was in Services, which mainly includes: Food, Fitness, Lodging, Rec, Mortuary and Honor Guard. I was stationed in Germany for 2 years and in Virginia, USA for a year and a half. I went on 2 deployments. One was to Kyrgyzstan and the other to the United Arab Emirates.

When I got off of active duty I went straight into the Air National Guard and worked as a Personal Trainer for a year while my wife finished school. When she finished school I enrolled at the University of Minnesota. My original plan was to get a degree in Kinesiology because that is where the money was at, but I soon found out my heart was in another place.

I first enrolled in the Religious Studies program. I have always liked History and Religion plays a huge part in it. I quickly found out that Religion is my passion. I also stayed true to History and enrolled in the Ancient Mediterranean Studies program. Because of the complexity of Religion and the Ancient Near East, I am also a minor in Jewish Studies and Philosophy.

In Religious Studies, my focus is early Judaism and early Christianity, but also Islam and other religions of the ANE. I have started with Judaism and the Hebrew Bible and plan to start the New Testament soon. I have also done a good amount of study in Islam.

I have been all over the place as far as Philosophy goes. I first started in the area of Theology and Moral Philosophy. I am currently studying Religion Theorists and Islamic Philosophers. Next I will be working with the more main stream Philosophers of Religion and the Greek Philosophers.

Other religions I have studied and looked at on a personal level are Mormonism and Ancient Astronauts Theory. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to Ancient Astronaut Theory. I have also started looking at the Bahai faith and Atheism.

I am very big in getting a well rounded education and because I get paid to go to school I am taking advantage of it. I have difficulty with math and for that reason I cannot get too deep into science, but I still try to understand the basics. I have taken a number of courses in the science field but I will also be auditing many classes in the future. I found a little loophole where I will be able to audit 2 or 3 classes a semester! I want to take classes in area, especially politics and anthropology.

I was raised Lutheran Christian but I am now Agnostic, but I also consider myself an Ancient Astronaut Theorist. Dont assume too much on these issuesit would be best to PM me and ask about it.

A couple years ago I got married. My wife is not only smart and beautiful, but is also my opposite. She is great at everything that I am not good with. She got a degree in Nursing (Theology Minor) from St. Catharines University. She is a devout Christian and has been on several mission trips, one of which was to Belize. She currently works as a nurse.

We just welcomed out first child into the world. His name is Ryker. Right now he is my main focus in life.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very qualified. :rolleyes:

I am a seventeen year old high-school student who studies miscellaneous fields..

I once called Ambulances "Uh-Oh Boom Booms", among other emergency vehicles.

I have read a wide variety of things from Modernism to Political Theory, Philosophical works, Psychological studies, and pop-up books.

I live in a very interesting family. My grandmother is a certified genius. My grandfather was a Full-Bird Colonel in the United States Air-Force; he taught the World War II Luftwaffe Aces how to fly Jets, and flew alongside the second best German ace from World War II; he was also a Carpenter, a designer of Rockets, did his taxes with an abacus, and apparently sold Buzz Aldrin his car so that Buzz could go to Astronaut training..

I have direct lineage to family members who fought in the American Revolution and the War of 1812, as well as every other American conflict - and I am related to James Madison and Benjamin Franklin.

Granted, I have no achievements of my own, other being told I have a lot of potential.

I will update this in about ten years.

Edited by Turbo Turtle

I am very qualified. :rolleyes:

I am a seventeen year old high-school student who studies miscellaneous fields..

I once called Ambulances "Uh-Oh Boom Booms", among other emergency vehicles.

I have read a wide variety of things from Modernism to Political Theory, Philosophical works, Psychological studies, and pop-up books.

I live in a very interesting family. My grandmother is a certified genius. My grandfather was a Full-Bird Colonel in the United States Air-Force; he taught the World War II Luftwaffe Aces how to fly Jets, and flew alongside the second best German ace from World War II; he was also a Carpenter, a designer of Rockets, did his taxes with an abacus, and apparently sold Buzz Aldrin his car so that Buzz could go to Astronaut training..

I have direct lineage to family members who fought in the American Revolution and the War of 1812, as well as every other American conflict - and I am related to James Madison and Benjamin Franklin.

Granted, I have no achievements of my own, other being told I have a lot of potential.

I will update this in about ten years.

:lol:

I like it.

A background like yours is something to be proud of.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 35+, a husband, and a father of two girls (one is a teen…) I served for six years in the US Navy on the Fire Control systems (Phalanx, Close In Weapon System) and have had three tours in the Persian Gulf. I have sailed through the Bermuda Triangle, been inside of the Great Pyramid of Egypt, jumped out of perfectly good planes, boarded hostile ships and survived numerous dinners with my in-laws.

There are many “sensitives” in my family including my grandmother, mother, myself and my seven year-old daughter. We have all seen things lurking about and heard voices. Though many skeptical persons may think this is a form of genetic dementia, we have seen and heard the same things at the same time which is unexplainable. I am, therefore, inclined to believe that there are spirits. However, I also believe that most reports can be scientifically explained away. I cannot fathom the possibility of alien life NOT existing in the universe as it is so extremely vast. I believe in God, but not his followers and have seen what I can only imagine to be demonic possession and (believe it or not) abduction.

I am an author of short horror stories which I write for my own amusement and post for free at Authorstand.com under my name James Conright.

• 5 months later...

I was born,Had heart surgery when i was a few days old.

I went to school and was never good at math,I was later told many other patients that had the same procedure also lacked in the math areas so i felt a little bit better about myself.

My parents,A large (in terms of weight) short fused control freak for a dad who wouldn't hesitate to smack me across the face for just about anything.And a Neurotic hypochondriac of a mother who hordes like threes no tomorrow.Both of them constantly expected failure from me and always insulted my intelligence and that had a huge impact on my self esteem when i was younger.

I've got 2 sisters,I only like one of them. Ironic that the one person in my house who i like is also a person who i hate.She's got a loving Bf,a good job and she constantly gets good grades.The other sister...I don't care enough to describe her.

Writing is one of the few things i find pleasurable in life along with animals and video games.

Never in my life have i had what i like to call a true friend.A person who would always be there when i needed help or somebody to talk to.

I'm still young and very cynical because of the terrible people who i let shape parts of my life,I'm hoping in the future that good things start to happen.But at this rate i don't feel like i will be around to see it

Edited by Saru
Removed drug reference

• 4 weeks later...

I just turned 21 (w00t.gif) . I am an Indian (India the country and not native american)

I live with my mum and step dad

I have 9 dogs innocent.gif

I have done my Bachelors in English Literature and I am looking forward to doing a Masters in Journalism

I also have a diploma in astronomy

I love reading books and am a proud owner of around 700 of them

I also like video games and currently own a PS3 and a gaming computer.

I am a sucker for good movies and good music.

Played state level basketball

Favorite football team FC Barcelona :P

I have had 2 paranormal experiences in my life while my mother has had many.

Never seen an UFO in life, although I am open to the idea of it.

Travelled to a lot of places, mostly europe and north america

I am a believer, though I don't believe everything I see or hear

That's about it I guess...hit me up with a pm if you want to ask anything innocent.gif

• 1 month later...

21 years old

BA in Anthropology (My dissertation was on the influence of alcohol within the United States culture)

BA in Criminal Justice (Final Paper was on the history, use/misuse, and problems of Marijuana and the Drug War)

BA in Political Science concentration in International Relations.

Lived in the United Kingdom until I was 11. Moved to the USA.

Speak English, French, and some Spanish. I am going to start trying to learn Korean soon :w00t:

I have traveled relatively well visiting Canada, Germany, Italy, Lanzarote, Poland, and the Czech Republic.

I'm currently looking at attending Graduate School. I would like to gain a MA in International Relations.

I've been doing martial arts since I was six. I won the OMAC 2010 World Championships in traditional Tae Kwon Do, point fighting and open sport forms.

• 3 months later...

I am an expert on everything because I've read tons of comic books.

Now, if you believe I was serious when I made that statement, I have some real estate on Mars I'll sell you...

Seriously though:

B.S. in math way back in '76. Forgotten a lot, and didn't use it much in my employment, so not nearly as good at math as I used to be.

I love music (who doesn't?) particularly 60's and 70's R&B and rock & roll, also like Pop music (Weber & Rice, Rogers & Hammerstein, etc.), Mozart, etc. etc., blah, blah, blah. Also (I'm not trying to brag or be an egotist I hope, but you do want my credentials, right?) I play keyboard, flute and guitar, not affiliated with any band though I did sing in church choir until health problems intervened. I hope to start again in September. Yes, I am a Bible believing Christian.

Career wise, pretty much a jack of all trades, master of none. Have been a school bus driver, taxi driver, fast food worker, cashier, substitute school teacher, blah blah blah, yak yak yak (among many others)

Like studying foreign languages...it's a hobby...fairly fluent in French, German and Spanish, working on Korean, Chinese and Finnish, and some others.

I like reading and learning about cars, new and old, especially sports cars (I guess that fits about 90% or more of the male population doesn't it?).

I'm 61 and disabled by a scooter accident. Not looking for pity though, I just like to come to UM because I always learn a lot. I expect to learn more than teach...if I teach at all...

I'm going to try and quit soon to keep this short and so my head doesn't swell up and explode...forgot to mention I'm male though that came out above...military service in U.S. Army from '70 to '72 and '76 to '82.

I need to stop now...any questions please PM me. Peace to all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm new here so this has been an interesting thread for me to be able to get to know a little about my fellow forum members.

My creds are not half as impressive as many that I have seen on here, but anywho, here goes:

I'm Shelly (AKA airlybird, AKA airly).

I'm 40 years old, mum to three wonderful children, my eldest daughter is 20 and currently doing two degrees at Uni (business degree and teaching degree). My son is 18 and he's currently employed in a fabrication Engineering firm training as a design Engineer, and my youngest daughter is 10 years old.

I don't have any mega impressive qualifications, just 5 GCSEs from school (a loooong time ago now) a diploma in CLAIT, and my D.S.A A.D.I (Driving Standards Agency, Approved Driving Instructor) which is how I make my living.

I have two cats (Rooney and Sox) and two grand puppies (Buster and George) because they belong to my two oldest children.

I'm very interested in all things paranormal, I love debating a good conspiracy theory, and I really enjoy listening to other peoples views on things as I think that' plays a big role in how we continue to learn and grow as human beings.

I'm an avid reader with an eclectic taste in authors, but I have to say that Stephen King is one of my most favourate.

And I'm an avid rugby league fan (my son has played since he was 8yrs old and "almost" made it professionally, he was on a scholarship a few years ago with a professional club, he's played for Yorkshire, and he had trials for GB too, but never quite made it all the way) hence my "airlybird" nic.

And that's about it really. I look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi airlybird and welcome to UM! I used to like reading Stephen King until I started one of his books which I felt had too much cruelty just for cruelty's sake, then I pretty much quit reading him, though I would maybe still like to read "It". I like your avatar, too, btw, very nice and original!

• 8 months later...

Aah! You're a vegetarian, brilliant! You love nature and wildlife ........ good, so when you say 'boobies', this is what you're talking about, yes?

boobies_zps9ecf56d0.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I'm Brian Topp,

I have a college degree on 35mm cameras, photoediting and movie editing back in Australia.

I work in a technology retail store and i specialize in helping with customer problems or issues that are caused by machine, software or user error.

My qulifications is:

Commonsense

Research

Thinking outside the box

and looking awesome.

• Like 5

I'm Henry. I'm 19. I joined back when I was a freshman in high school, and now I'm currently a writer. I was given the top award for journalism and graduated school with honors and ended up having an essay on absurdism as the centerpiece of an Australian college newspaper in the University of South Australia when I was 18. I'm about to turn 20 in July, and I'm currently about to move out of my parents house into the city to find a job. I play electric guitar and spent most of high school reading a lot of books and getting into trouble for being a bit of a rebel.. I skateboard and enjoy talking walks in the morning, watching horror movies, meditation, learning in general. I'm young but I try to be a humble guy and admit that I know nothing. I've been through a lot of pain and suffering in life so I sympathize with people and have an old sold. Either way, I guess I'm figuring out my ambition in life.

• Like 2

I go by coldethyl here, but you can call me Charlie if you ask first, yes it's short for Charlotte.

My 'credentials' are some college majoring in English and Psychology, lived in a different country (England-I'm American), married for 18 years then divorced and basically raised 2 kids on my own. They're in college now and 21 and 22 and still live at home.

I'm pretty smart, but you'd figure that out just talking to me for 2 minutes and I'm a smart alec from birth. I'm bi-polar and ocd but I'm managed well and have been for over 10 years now. I don't know-this is turning into a short bio rather than credentials so I'll stop here.

Basically life.

• Like 3

I am Rob Lester....

My credentials.......

......I am me.

No one else can say that :)

• Like 4

Hey guys, I'm Jessem.

My experience goes beyond what even I can fully explain. I've dealt with paranormal existence, demonic activity, divine intervention, and have experienced many things beyond this world. I'm a sensative with sight, but have taken time in my life to study while having a better understanding of my own faith and beliefs. I'm currently a double major in Religious Studies and Communications. My speciality will become counseling when I start my major program. I enjoy helping others, giving insight, guiding, and just plain loving. God is my ultimate belief and I am a christian, but just because that is so does not mean you can writ me off as other beliefs would think I would do the same to them because of my faith. This is just not true. So if you have any questions, I will gladly answer them in a PM, or you can even look me up on the posts here. I've been a member since 2009. I'm grateful for this place, and am thankful to be apart of it.

We have some things in common Jesse, would love to share experiences with you sometime!

We have alot more than you know man! Is your real name spike?

• 3 months later...

There isn't a lot to say here. I'm 39 and a mother. I'm an archeo-explorer and scholar. I like researching subjects in the paranormal, folklore and earth sciences. I'm not going to reveal too much personal info but will say that I've got an NVQ in computers, divination and councelling. I like computer graphic designing, astronomy, drawing and reading sci-fi and fantasy novels. In the past I was an art student and then I trained for signals in the Territorial army.

• 4 months later...

I'm 23 and from UK. My credentials are in Classics (AS-level, B.A, currently researching for my M.A; I also plan to take a GCSE in Latin). I specialize in Plato's Atlantis and ancient Greek colours. Regarding the latter I first compiled virtually all classical references to hair and eye colours of Greek gods and heroes. My other interests are Latin and anthropology (cultural, physical), books and computer games.

Let's see here, I'm a eight time pokemon master and hall of famer, specializing in fire types.

I have a degree in computer applications. I have a working knowledge of the major programming languages. Former freelance video editor, data entry clerk and storehand.

Professional procrastinator.

I was awarded the honorary title of "Commander Awesome (Kah-Man-Dar Aa-Some)" (By myself in 2008).

• Like 1

Let's see here, I'm a eight time pokemon master and hall of famer, specializing in fire types.

Wow, caught them all have you?

As for myself, I'm a Jedi Knight specializing in mind control and telepathic communication.

• Like 1

26 years old degrees in Psychology, Political Science, Communications, and English

Have read the Quaran, Book of Mormon, the Bible, the Torah (pretty much the old testament), the Apocrypha

Some survivalist training due to a backwoods paranoid father

can read and understand French and Spanish on some level...sadly cant speak it

Amateur engineer

Private Detective, Security Consultant, Broker

...I can also do the worm.

• Like 1