Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Credentials

eqgumby

Widow

Mother of 3

Grandmother of 2

Step-grandmother of 5

Reluctant Medium who does not practice.

Ex Tarot reader (Of 30 yrs. Also do not practice any more. Got seriously burned out on it. So don't ask.)

Convinced of the existance of spirits/ghosts from personal experience

Writer as a hobby

Animal lover - member of PETA, US Humane Society and local humane society

Recycle and reuse so it's not hard to guess I'm all for saving the planet from ourselves. Member of Green Peace

Celtic Pagan

• Married
  • 5 furry children.
  • 2 semesters of college before the money ran out.
  • 6 years in the navy working on antiquated (WWII) sonar and electronic systems.
  • 7 years in various manufacturing facilities until manufacturing went belly up in this area.
  • 15 + years as a library clerk in various types of libraries.
  • First computer was a Radio Shack Color computer with 4 k memory, audio tape storage and Basic as the programming language. Eventually upgraded it to 64 K memory, cd drive, OS9, Basic O9
  • Built my own 386 and 486 computers from scratch
  • Created websites for myself and others using HTML, CSS and PHP/MySql
  • Past contributor to the E107 Content Management System
  • Mod and Admin on various sites in the past including E107
  • Have used the following at one time or another for 3d graphics: Terragen, Bryce, Carrarra, Cinema 4d, Truespace
  • Researched and wrote a paper on Noah's Ark
  • Skeptic
  • Generally research the net or books before I reply to a post and usually apply some common sense and logic to my replies(though I have been known to slip).

No special training, no degrees so aside from the time in the military, I may seem unqualified to reply to most posts.

• Like 1

Author of 14 books, one became a movie.

A liberal, I left the U.S. with the announcement that George Bush would be a candidate for president.

I have lived in Italy, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, U.S., Honduras, El Salvador and now Mexico.

I bought a 410-year-old home and restored it.

I am currently working on a new book that is supposed to come out in July of 2010.

I am a widower and live with two dogs, Oliver and Olivia.

As an avid reader, I'm interested in what books you've written and what genre.

How is life in Mexico? Mexico is much in the US news of late because of the drug trafficking issues. You were right to leave, GB was a disaster for our country and unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get better any time soon. Very interested in your impressions as an expat.

Be well!

Not in this or any other life time are all the topic of info. wanted will be answered. I had a lie-detector test for my current job and I passed, now with a federal law enforcement agency. Which one, no one here has that security clerance level.The following is all you or anyone will get.If it means me being banned, so be it.

Employment:Federal law enforce-

ment ageny.Which one

Classified.

Born:USA

DOB:10/31/85

State:N.C.

Education:7 years university. Where: Classified.

Degrees: B.A., Psychology, M.A. Forensic Psychology,

Ph.D. Psychopathology

WSM

Straight

Perfer busty redheads, fast cars, fine wines, expensive clothing,cruises, traveling to the UK,

Height:Classied

Hair color:Classified

Eye color:Classified

Weight:Classified

Interest in paranormal:20 yrs.

Seen Ghosts:Yes

Extensive library, extensive reading, and extensive knowledge in ghosts, magic, legends, superstitions, etc.

I think that's all you need to know. If you have questions, ask. No promises as to if any will be answered immediately.Whatever brought on this odd behavior unless you want all to know how "smart" you are or all the things you claim you have done. Note the word "claim". I'm honestly concerned about you and this power thing. I guess it's your way of thining out the herd of people who don't meet your standards. I am going to stay clear of you because I think you are unbalanced. Glad I'm over here.

Edited by Graveyard Hound

I think that's all you need to know. If you have questions, ask. No promises as to if any will be answered immediately.Whatever brought on this odd behavior unless you want all to know how "smart" you are or all the things you claim you have done. Note the word "claim". I'm honestly concerned about you and this power thing. I guess it's your way of thining out the herd of people who don't meet your standards. I am going to stay clear of you because I think you are unbalanced. Glad I'm over here.

Who are you talking to?

• Like 2

Employment History:

Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - Langley, VA - 2006-Present

-Assassinated foreign dictators

-Recovered stolen NOC lists

-Flew drugs across international borders to fund shadow governments

Area 51 - Roswel, NM - 1999-2006

-Performed autopsies on alien bodies

-Distributed back-engineered alien technology to large companies

Skills:

-Proficient with MS Word and Excel

-Excellent multi-tasking

Employment History:

Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - Langley, VA - 2006-Present

-Assassinated foreign dictators

-Recovered stolen NOC lists

-Flew drugs across international borders to fund shadow governments

Area 51 - Roswel, NM - 1999-2006

-Performed autopsies on alien bodies

-Distributed back-engineered alien technology to large companies

Skills:

-Proficient with MS Word and Excel

-Excellent multi-tasking

Yeah...but can you kiss your elbow?

:P

Nibs

Yeah...but can you kiss your elbow?

:P

Nibs

No I burned my elbow on the fryer at Burger K- .... I mean Area 51

I think you can gather my credentials from the following random thoughts. Seems what this Post has evolved into. Well, in all honesty, I may as well state now that I have no credentials. I'm not an expert on anything, but I'll continue with this anyway so you can maybe understand my posts here a little better, though probably not.

I'm male, 50-ish, raised in Chicagoland, USA. I'm sensitive and street-smart alternately. Someone once said I was a nice person. I said it comes and goes.

I like sports cars instead of stationwagons. I like Formula One racing instead of NASCAR racing. I like emperical evidence instead of belief systems. I like science fiction better than pop fiction. I like reading classic literature so I can tell what's good and what's trash.

Being old, of course, leaves me out of the loop. It's not cool to be old. People in their 20's laugh at old people. When I was in my 20's I laughed at old people. There used to be the expression, "Don't trust anyone over 30." Now, with my experience, I find it's probably true. Sorry.

I like the best 10% and the worst 10% of anything. Everything in between I'm not too interested in.

My childhood desire was to be a Philosopher/Exotic Dancer. I later learned Philosophy was too convoluted, and Exotic Dancing was frowned upon by my accountant father. I used to hide from my accountant father alot.

I remember a teacher in 7th grade read a poem by e.e.cummings. He said he was a nonconformist. I thought, yeah, that's what I want to be, a non-conformest! Even when I was a little kid I didn't conform to conventional society. "Question Authority" was my motto then and now. Probably why teachers didn't like me. Probably why alot of people in authority didn't like me. They still usually don't. Maybe because I'm cruel enough to sometimes tell the truth. I'm usually well thought of by the peasants, though.

I watch clouds. One can learn alot from watching clouds.

I also love watching hawks slowly circling effortlessly. Action without effort. Best way.

I don't like generalizations. People are individuals. However, if I were to classify people, I'd divide them into two classes: Hip people and Square people. Squares take themselves seriously, are experts and have credentials. Hips are just amused by it all, don't take themselves seriously, are not usually experts and usually don't have credentials. I'm a musician, so I guess I must be hip, but that's a generalization, so I guess it doesn't count.

However, I try not to take myself too seriously. Probably another reason I'm not an expert and have no credentials.

I've been a musician all my life (play bass, sing, write songs). Probably why I watch clouds: Visual music. I enjoy many kinds of music. At home as a child, my mother listened to classical music and played the piano, so I learned to love and understand Beethoven early. I like jazz and classic rock. Mostly, popular music stopped being interesting to listen to about 1980. I'm hoping something interesting will happen in the corporate music factories before I die, but I doubt it.

I've always been interested in science. Einstein was my boyhood hero. As a teenager I learned Einstein liked fooling around with the girls. He was also my teenage hero.

I've read alot about astronomy, cosmology, relativity theory, quantum mechanics, but still I'm not an expert in these fields. Just an interested bystander.

I'm also interested in consciousness. That's how I learned how to spell it. It's a great mystery.

I enjoy making digital images. Especially images that are counter-intuitive. Well, they're not really counter-intuitive, I just like using that term because it makes me appear sophisticated.

There's a movie and television forum here, but I don't own a television and I don't go to the movies. I do like films from the Classic Hollywood era, though, and film-noir. It's because I'm old.

I think about UFO's and extra-terrestrials. I have make-believe Alien friends, Zarkor and Zerak who are an outlet for my imagination on this subject. I think they're make-believe, though possibly they are in my head because of Alien psychic abilities. It's hard to tell.

I'm interested in Ways of Liberation. When I was 14 I read 'The Way of Zen', by Alan Watts. It was a revelation in that I had always seen the world in that way, and here's somebody smart enough to write a book about how I see the world.

Besides Zen and Daoism, Alan Watts, and all that, I like J. Krishnamurti: "A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge." Unfettered awareness is what it means. But I still can think when I need to.

Here I admit what I really, trully am: Breath. Breathe in, breathe out. That's all one needs to be. Everything else is extra.

Here are some more extras:

I've been in the US Army wherein I learned many methods of how to avoid work.

I write and illustrate humorous comic books. Zarkor and Zerak stuff, my Aliens who have Adventures around the Galaxy.

I achieved the distinction of graduating from High School, despite spending most of my time looking out the window. One can learn alot from looking out of windows.

I hated English in school particualrly because the teachers kept telling me I put too many commas in my sentences. Now, I put as many commas in my sentences, as I possibly can.

I've studied art. Renaissance art and 20th century art. Renaissance art because of it's sweet beauty, and 20th century art because of it's non-conformist attitude toward sweet beauty, which conforms to 20th century asthetic.

I could go on, but talking about one's self is boreing to others, and not a very healthy occupation. Also, because it's not really honest in that I have to leave alot out. Reading the previous posts here, I like the ones best by those who admit how stupid they think they are. I think I'm stupid, too, in my own way. Probably why not too many here reply to my replies. I lack credentials. I respect people with lots of credentials, but instead of accumulating them, I've spent a considerable amount of my time looking out of windows and watching clouds. Maybe that's a different kind of credential-accumulation.

• Like 4

Not in this or any other life time are all the topic of info. wanted will be answered. I had a lie-detector test for my current job and I passed, now with a federal law enforcement agency. Which one, no one here has that security clerance level.The following is all you or anyone will get.If it means me being banned, so be it.

Employment:Federal law enforce-

ment ageny.Which one

Classified.

Born:USA

DOB:10/31/85

State:N.C.

Education:7 years university. Where: Classified.

Degrees: B.A., Psychology, M.A. Forensic Psychology,

Ph.D. Psychopathology

So I am intrigued as to how you have your phd at age 25!

Did you ever see the daylight?

Credentials? I don't have any credentials, so far as I know. Apart from knowing things, of course, that no one else knows. This is actually probably true. Everyone knows something that no one else does. Think about it for a moment.

Edited by 747400

Credentials? I don't have any credentials

lol I thought you were going into the 'badges' scene from the movie, 'The Treasure of the Sierra Madre'. "Where are your badges?" "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" Just change 'credentials' for 'badges'.

The video won't play here, http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=badges+we+ain%27t+got+no+badges+we+don%27t+need+no+badges+i+don%27t+have+to+show+you+any+stinking+badges&aq=7

But I think you're right. We all know things no one else knows.

Edited by StarMountainKid

• 3 weeks later...

So I am intrigued as to how you have your phd at age 25!

Did you ever see the daylight?

Complete HS when 17, college 3.5 yrs.,took MA and Ph.D.courses at same time.Now let this puppy alone.If the truth be knoown, more folks here just look into a book than have the basic general background knowledge of the "supernatural"/"paranormal"to hold an intelligent conversation about various topics.Probably why I am planning on leaving. Enough said.

Who are you talking to?

Thats what I was trying to figure out. :w00t:

• Like 1

Complete HS when 17, college 3.5 yrs.,took MA and Ph.D.courses at same time.

good job!

If the truth be knoown, more folks here just look into a book than have the basic general background knowledge of the "supernatural"/"paranormal"to hold an intelligent conversation about various topics.

um...ok

Probably why I am planning on leaving. Enough said.

Bye!

• Like 1

Thats what I was trying to figure out. :w00t:

Me too....hmmmmm.....

I can say this too - anyone who has a security clearance & works in a classified job doesn't go around bragging about it. I have family members & friends with security clearances & NO ONE would ever have a clue. Seems like throwing that out there is just another way to appear "cool"... :wacko:

I actually created this a long time ago, so folks could simply tell us a little about their backgrounds, not make absurd claims or act arrogant...simple stuff, like the stuff MOST people have posted about themselves. Personally, I LIKE IT when some of our regular posters mention a little something about the backgrounds and education they have. In particular when posted in a truthful manner.

I've learned that some of our posters have widely varying degrees, from mechanical engineers to art history majors, are fluent in an assortment of languages (some of them pretty unusual), have long and varied military backgrounds from pilots to fox-hole diggers, are very young (an assortment of teenagers and very early teens) or sometimes "well seasoned" veterans well into their 60's or beyond. Gay, straight, bi, black, white, Hispanic, an assortment of Asian backgrounds, Catholics, Protestants, baby-eating-Pagans (You know who u are SC! :w00t: ), members of Wicca, bikers, grandmas, biker-grandmas...

Pretty much a very cool, diverse group of people.

Don't want to share? Then don't. Personally, I like when someone weighs in on a topic they may actually have some honest knowledge about or experience with, and this was just a way to state what may qualify you to speak on a subject with more authority than the average guy.

Me too....hmmmmm.....

I can say this too - anyone who has a security clearance & works in a classified job doesn't go around bragging about it. I have family members & friends with security clearances & NO ONE would ever have a clue. Seems like throwing that out there is just another way to appear "cool"... :wacko:

Agreed.

PS The craziest people I have ever met (functioning crazy, that have real full-time jobs), were not just people WITH clearances, they were people that controlled OTHER peoples clearances. I have two in mind right now...it makes me shudder to think they actually issued TS clearances...

• Married
  • 5 furry children.
  • 2 semesters of college before the money ran out.
  • 6 years in the navy working on antiquated (WWII) sonar and electronic systems.
  • 7 years in various manufacturing facilities until manufacturing went belly up in this area.
  • 15 + years as a library clerk in various types of libraries.
  • First computer was a Radio Shack Color computer with 4 k memory, audio tape storage and Basic as the programming language. Eventually upgraded it to 64 K memory, cd drive, OS9, Basic O9
  • Built my own 386 and 486 computers from scratch
  • Created websites for myself and others using HTML, CSS and PHP/MySql
  • Past contributor to the E107 Content Management System
  • Mod and Admin on various sites in the past including E107
  • Have used the following at one time or another for 3d graphics: Terragen, Bryce, Carrarra, Cinema 4d, Truespace
  • Researched and wrote a paper on Noah's Ark
  • Skeptic
  • Generally research the net or books before I reply to a post and usually apply some common sense and logic to my replies(though I have been known to slip).

No special training, no degrees so aside from the time in the military, I may seem unqualified to reply to most posts.

I think you have a great background. Well rounded and all that.

It seems this has become a bit of a joke lately, but really, if I had a question on computers or WW2 era electronics, YOU would be a great potential source of info! Don't discount yourself!

I actually created this a long time ago, so folks could simply tell us a little about their backgrounds, not make absurd claims or act arrogant...simple stuff, like the stuff MOST people have posted about themselves. Personally, I LIKE IT when some of our regular posters mention a little something about the backgrounds and education they have. In particular when posted in a truthful manner.

I've learned that some of our posters have widely varying degrees, from mechanical engineers to art history majors, are fluent in an assortment of languages (some of them pretty unusual), have long and varied military backgrounds from pilots to fox-hole diggers, are very young (an assortment of teenagers and very early teens) or sometimes "well seasoned" veterans well into their 60's or beyond. Gay, straight, bi, black, white, Hispanic, an assortment of Asian backgrounds, Catholics, Protestants, baby-eating-Pagans (You know who u are SC! :w00t: ), members of Wicca, bikers, grandmas, biker-grandmas...

Pretty much a very cool, diverse group of people.

Don't want to share? Then don't. Personally, I like when someone weighs in on a topic they may actually have some honest knowledge about or experience with, and this was just a way to state what may qualify you to speak on a subject with more authority than the average guy.

I really like this thread, and I enjoy reading about the members on UM. I will share my amazing credentials soon. :P

Arrogance and claiming to know more than others in an insulting manner is not very impressive at all.

I'm off to be the domestic diva & head out to the grocery store. I may just post my creds here in a few. ;)

I'm a high school dropout who has a GED.

I grew up working in my dad's machine shop from the age of seven. I've also worked as a lifeguard, a computer repair tech, and now work for an ISP offering tech support. Did a little bit of roofing work at one point.

Have a competency certificate on computers, a black belt in Tae Kwan Do, a orange in Tang Soo Do, practiced a style of kung fu at one point. Currently also taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and will be taking up Boxing and Muay Thai next month.

I have a small library on history, a couple of sciences, and martial arts.

Also have a bookshelf or three full of fiction.

As for the rest... I like listening to bug band and swing (Rat Pack was the best.), folk and country music, as well as classic rock.

I'm an atheist, but not confrontational.

Just recently turned 22.

High school graduate

Master woodworker

Iron worker

Herpetologist

Mycologist

Botanist

Ethnobotanist

Musician

Poet

Lyricist

Psychonaut

Distiller

Brewer

Wine maker

Alchemist

I'm 17 years old, live with my mom and her partner. Moved around A lot so lost touch with a lot of mates from childhood,

Part Gypsy, check your pockets,

Left school with a B/C/C in English, B/C in Science, B in Art, D in R.E, D in Maths and 5 C grade GCSE's on a travel to learn course at college,

Finished my first year at college on the Uniformed Public Services course, going to drop out once I get a job in construction because of recent things and need money!,

Was going to join the army in a years time but got deffered medically due to suffering with migraines recently and can't join for another two years,

Creative/Imaginative,

Can do attitude,

Selfless attitude,

Not a fan of maths, can't calculate numbers without struggling.

High school graduate

Master woodworker

Iron worker

Herpetologist

Mycologist

Botanist

Ethnobotanist

Musician

Poet

Lyricist

Psychonaut

Distiller

Brewer

Wine maker

Alchemist

I was waiting for your biography, E... (although I kinda knew it already)... ;)

21 Years old...single...father of 1...

Vegetarian and animal lover...

Bicycle mechanic and a writer/artist as well as a volunteer....

Watch waaaay too many movies and am always found with earbuds jammed halfway into my skull...

Cursed with ADHD and can be a straight up dick without a moment's notice...