Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunters protection?

stejens

Also i have heard of stories of spirits following some people home,and they say that it weakened them so much that they wouldnt even get out of bed and they tried saying 'leave me alone' several times and it wouldnt go,

That sounds like SP ;)

I would say if you fear or are this anxious then ghost hunting or investigating is not for you :) It doesn't make sense to put yourself through something that is stressful or frightning to you.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LadyHay

• kiddglock

• Barek Halfhand

• stejens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Handguns are ineffective against the roaming gangs of ninja that threaten the abandoned factories I penatrate to rid the world of dangerous ghosts. That's why I carry a railgun...

Seriously, it's important to keep things in perspective. If you are going to "investigate" an area that is so seedy, so filled with drug-crazed lunatics, then should you not think twice about going to this location? I mean, going to Camden NJ looking for ghosts and being armed with a weapon is surely asking for trouble. Is there not a haunt in more rural, suburban or just plain safer areas you could investigate, rather than roaming the warzone-like areas that permeate the larger American (and increasingly, Canadian) cities? Or does this just seem too sensible?

Edited by RomanticStallion

OK, so YESSS your neighborhood is bad, we are not talking about wandering aimlessly through a bad neighborhood. Where you live is not in question here. What we are questioning is an investigation. Would you go aimlessly into an unsafe place, knowing that there could be risk??? I don't think so. Think about it in the perspective we are discussing. Being in your bad neighborhood, you know where it is safe and not safe to go . The same should be in an investigation.

Edited by eatincandyisgood

OK, so YESSS your neighborhood is bad, we are not talking about wandering aimlessly through a bad neighborhood. Where you live is not in question here. What we are questioning is an investigation. Would you go aimlessly into an unsafe place, knowing that there could be risk??? I don't think so. Think about it in the perspective we are discussing. Being in your bad neighborhood, you know where it is safe and not safe to go . The same should be in an investigation.

Well yah-hey-der to you too!

I dont recall saying that I wandered aimlessly through bad neighborhoods I stated that I rolled through them (for work related reasons)...B

afterthought -yawn

still like rush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQKxECqmyu4

Edited by Barek Halfhand

anybody wanna roll through some of my neighborhoods with me for a week or two before protection discussion?.....B

y]http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?vi...20-%20Territory[/url]

:blink: um, you said MY.

Plus, what is the point you are trying to make concerning investigations???

Edited by eatincandyisgood

Well yah-hey-der to you too!

I dont recall saying that I wandered aimlessly through bad neighborhoods I stated that I rolled through them (for work related reasons)...B

afterthought -yawn

still like rush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQKxECqmyu4

But that's not what we were discussing. If you read back you will understand that we were talking about guns and their appropriateness on a GHOST INVESTIGATION. Not "rolling through" a bad neighborhood.

You also called them YOUR neighborhoods, as if this is where you lived.

I'm still trying to figure out your point, Barek.

But that's not what we were discussing. If you read back you will understand that we were talking about guns and their appropriateness on a GHOST INVESTIGATION. Not "rolling through" a bad neighborhood.

You also called them YOUR neighborhoods, as if this is where you lived.

I'm still trying to figure out your point, Barek.

welcome to UM

Care to expand?

How do you post your picture of sheep,may I ask?

One night I awoke to many orbs pulling me off my bed....

guns most ineffective where ghost are concerned :wacko:

Edited by Makoalani

Some people say that you have more to fear from the living than from the dead. I find that to be true. I always carry at least a Sig Arms P226 .40 S&W pistol with me on investigations. Sometimes I have carried even more protection than that. Just make sure you do it legally, I'm an ex police officer with a permit to carry, so I'm OK.

I like the way you think, JJ, as well as your choice of weapons. :)

How do you post your picture of sheep,may I ask?

Looks like you figured it out :D

Then have me banned. I do not think mine was anywhere near as offensive as yours. I have been polite. Sorry you don't agree with me; I guess that's your MO, if someone doesn't agree with you they're offensive?

I do direct a team in Canada. So yes, I would be in charge and no, I would never allow guns on an investigation. Most investigations that we perform are residential and/or businesses. And yeah, I felt he bragged. He didn't just say, "gun" - he went on to say exactly what kind of gun, in kind of a "big guy" manner.

Why would I as a Canadian know anything about US gun laws? HUH??? who was talking about gun laws?? I never said anything about shooting stuff up. I am concerned that someone could be trigger happy. Guns and potentially tense situations do not mix, IMO. I was merely stating an opinion about guns and ghost investigations. Don't get your knickers in a knot.

Right, so you'd ask everyone to prove their guntoting worthiness before you went with them?

Unfortunately, you just proved my point. Thrill seeking behavior. I wouldn't put my team at risk like that, but yeah, I know there are teams who do.

Show me where I attacked a person? Wow, you need to relaaaaax man.

Wow, you wrote a novel on that. I think you can look and see that I've been on this site awhile now-longer than you, although I don't post when I have nothing to say. If you could look at all my posts, and I think most who read them will back me up, you will see that I've never tried to be offensive to anybody. If anyone here needs to step back and cool down and maybe "unknot their knickers" it would be you. Evidently you must be a tattler as the first thing you go to is "get me banned". You can be as offensive as you want here, it's your business. A couple of posts that I don't like and I simply won't pay any attention to you anymore. You just need to calm down and realize that we in the US have different laws and customs. The good guys in this country still get to carry guns unlike some countries where only the bad guys tote them.

Wow, you wrote a novel on that. I think you can look and see that I've been on this site awhile now-longer than you, although I don't post when I have nothing to say. If you could look at all my posts, and I think most who read them will back me up, you will see that I've never tried to be offensive to anybody. If anyone here needs to step back and cool down and maybe "unknot their knickers" it would be you. Evidently you must be a tattler as the first thing you go to is "get me banned". You can be as offensive as you want here, it's your business. A couple of posts that I don't like and I simply won't pay any attention to you anymore. You just need to calm down and realize that we in the US have different laws and customs. The good guys in this country still get to carry guns unlike some countries where only the bad guys tote them.

You're really weird.

I never said I was getting you banned. Please re-read my post and then stick to the topic. And also, PUH-LEEZE lay off the "I've been here longer than you" crap.

Again, stick to the topic. I never said anything about my stance on guns in general. You obviously didn't read much of what I had to say, I guess its too difficult, since I wrote a novel.

Please stop and think before you post. Sheesh.

I think you lack understanding of our culture in the US. The US is NOT some scary place. There are scary places in the US, as in most every country, I would suppose. We have given out more and more concealed carry weapons permits here in the US and it has decreased the crime in many cases as we tend to go with the adage of an armed society being a polite one. Arming citizens is much cheaper and more freedom-oriented than hiring more police and having them on every corner.

Again, many of the spots where exploration and investigations go on are in either out-of-the-way or run down spots where you may encounter either predatory humans or dangerous animals. I would not want to see folks with no experience or children carrying guns in any scenario, including this one. Most folks who have permits in the US have levels of training which allow them to appreciate safety and the need for keeping their weapons away from kids and others who shouldn't have access.

This isn't meant as a flame but is an explanation into the way we do things in the majority of locales down here. You never know who is carrying a gun and who isn't. This should be a comfort to a lady walking alone into a convenience store and a source of nervousness to an armed robber walking into the same store.

I haven't shot up anybody's mailbox for a couple of weeks now :) -although somebody did take mine out with their car. :(

"You're really weird."

No, I'm actually quite normal, but you have no way of knowing that as you don't know me.

"I never said I was getting you banned. Please re-read my post and then stick to the topic."

I have neither the need nor the wish to re-read your topic and at no time thought or intimated that you were going to "get me banned". I had no idea you had that power. Are you a moderator? Seriously though, I didn't take it that you were going to attempt to have me banned but was speaking to your own declaration that I should do so to you.

"And also, PUH-LEEZE lay off the "I've been here longer than you' crap."

Why? What "crap"?

"Again, stick to the topic. I never said anything about my stance on guns in general. You obviously didn't read much of what I had to say, I guess its too difficult, since I wrote a novel."

I didn't and am not off topic. I don't tell people on here what to do either. You seem to have no qualms about doing so. Guess that's why you're a leader in your own country.

"Please stop and think before you post. Sheesh."

Again with the directives. If I was a bossy sort I'd admonish you to take your own advice as you are the one not getting the point here.

Ohhhhhh you HAVE no point. Gotcha :tu:

Just because you are incapable of understanding his point doesn't make it safe to assume that he has none. I get it.

I think you lack understanding of our culture in the US. The US is NOT some scary place. There are scary places in the US, as in most every country, I would suppose. We have given out more and more concealed carry weapons permits here in the US and it has decreased the crime in many cases as we tend to go with the adage of an armed society being a polite one. Arming citizens is much cheaper and more freedom-oriented than hiring more police and having them on every corner.

Again, many of the spots where exploration and investigations go on are in either out-of-the-way or run down spots where you may encounter either predatory humans or dangerous animals. I would not want to see folks with no experience or children carrying guns in any scenario, including this one. Most folks who have permits in the US have levels of training which allow them to appreciate safety and the need for keeping their weapons away from kids and others who shouldn't have access.

This isn't meant as a flame but is an explanation into the way we do things in the majority of locales down here. You never know who is carrying a gun and who isn't. This should be a comfort to a lady walking alone into a convenience store and a source of nervousness to an armed robber walking into the same store.

I haven't shot up anybody's mailbox for a couple of weeks now :) -although somebody did take mine out with their car. :(

Whew, what a novel. (sorry couldn't resist).

Again, I can't believe I am repeating this, but being as stubborn as you, I will endeavor to make my point clear. There was nothing at all in this thread about guns in general. It was you who took it to a general USA "right to bear arms" wild eyed tangent. OK, we get that. You like your guns. YAY for you.

The part that I was beleaguering was that I personally do not believe that guns belong on a ghost investigation/hunt whatever you call it. Thats it.

Now I suppose you'll come back with a rant at me again. Oh well. Relaaaaax, man.