Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunters protection?

stejens

#1- When did this become a U.S. versus Canada( or any country for that matter) issue???

#2- Since when do more posts or longer membership equal to knowing more or being right??

#3- I would like to see these stats that say Gun carrying= less crime, from a group other than a gun club.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LadyHay

• kiddglock

• Barek Halfhand

• stejens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whew, what a novel. (sorry couldn't resist).

Again, I can't believe I am repeating this, but being as stubborn as you, I will endeavor to make my point clear. There was nothing at all in this thread about guns in general. It was you who took it to a general USA "right to bear arms" wild eyed tangent. OK, we get that. You like your guns. YAY for you.

The part that I was beleaguering was that I personally do not believe that guns belong on a ghost investigation/hunt whatever you call it. Thats it.

Now I suppose you'll come back with a rant at me again. Oh well. Relaaaaax, man.

wow you must be the smartest person at Cinnibuns! :devil: ....... B

halfhandshuffle:slayer-piece by piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSEnIILJwFE

Well, I think we can all agree on a few things at least:

1. Some people don't like guns.

2. Some people see guns as necessary and/or even like guns.

3. Hezzbelle wouldn't allow a weapon on an investigation even if she knew the person and how well trained they were.

4. I won't go ghost hunting in New Orleans or the Buffalo National River Wilderness district without a weapon.

5. For some retarded reason, most everyone is assuming that all the dangerous places to ghost hunt are a) in abandoned buildings, b.) in a city, and c) in the US.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling like a "guntoting," "thrill-seeking," "right-to-bear-arms nut" ghost hunter already. Go me.

Edited by ivytheplant

Yeah, the point being that I wouldn't go anywhere in New Orleans without a handgun, if I had a choice. :) And not because of ghosts. Which brings us back to our Sig-toting poster's original point, which was simply that humans are scarier than ghosts.

Which brings us back to our Sig-toting poster's original point, which was simply that humans are scarier than ghosts.

Now THAT I will agree with! :tu:

wow you must be the smartest person at Cinnibuns! :devil: ....... B

halfhandshuffle:slayer-piece by piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSEnIILJwFE

okay sorry hezzy that was a little extreme , but I also

hate guns yet at times have to carry one ...sad but true...

so dont be mad cuz I stil wanna go fishing up

there next year...

btw- whats this thread about anyway..?

also kiddyglock is a cool person imho..so you two hug and make nice!......B

may not like guns but love paintball!

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Great advice! Remind me to never go on an investigation with you!

In all honesty where are you people going that you might run into unsavory humans? Unless you are going to somewhere you have no business going, there is no need for weaponry. Just what we need, a bunch of jumpy people shooting at the slightest noise.

Edited to add: If you are an ex police officer, then you know about trespassing laws, right?

I agree. Several members of my family are current or retired officers and they all laughed when I showed them this response..... their question was ex--officer as in "fired or security quard wanna be" and I honestly do not say that to be mean however---- simple common sense says "HELLO you are on a ghost hunt " I cant imagine where or why your thought process would include a deadly weapon and to actually suggest that another person experianced or not bring one along is beyond poor judgement.

Edited by Jsilvestro

Loonboy makes an excellent point. Too much protection can be counterproductive. ;)

Yes come to think of it... "what if" you crossed a nasty little poltergeist or a demon spirt that thought hmmm... think I will use that gun against him...

Edited by Jsilvestro

Yes come to think of it... "what if" you crossed a nasty little poltergeist or a demon spirt that thought hmmm... think I will use that gun against him...
Those i can take out WITHOUT a gun....B

Hello jsilvestro,

The information of the first place is just a small country lane surrounded by fields said to have high risidule energy,coming from what is said to be a headless horseman that drives a carriage along it on dark nights,

I went here a couple of years ago when someone mentioned it and they drove up to show me and i felt something unusual,

So now that a team has been formed we decided to go up there on our first investigation and take a few pictures and see if we can find anything on film.

I researched into this location and found the headless horsemans carriage to be a true and known story.

Wow if you can get that on some sort of film or photo please share. It sounds really cool. If you do experiance something please share with me and good luck! Thanks

This is probally my biggest problem,

Although we are there for it i am still nervous/scared about actually meeting one and the main problem is knowing what will happen after we meet one i.e will it be bad or will it follow us home and mainly will it mess with my head so that i turn mad or something,

But not knowing the unknown can always be scary.

Well from someone that has had that feeling of being scared and sometimes in certain places actually terrified.... YES it can be scary however addictive!

It is something that you should consider a true "experiance or gift of sort" if you get the pleasure of actually being there with a spirt and or ghost "and I have had a few of these experiances".

My most active experiance was at a place called the "Myrtles Plantation" in LA only about 70 miles from New Orleans they have their own website.

A fantastic experaince I will never forget the things that seemed to happen so easily while I was there with my friends who in return all found it to be magical for a lack of better words and im not pleased easily in these type of investigations. I would suggest that you take a weekend trip there.

I agree. Several members of my family are current or retired officers and they all laughed when I showed them this response..... their question was ex--officer as in "fired or security quard wanna be" and I honestly do not say that to be mean however---- simple common sense says "HELLO you are on a ghost hunt " I cant imagine where or why your thought process would include a deadly weapon and to actually suggest that another person experianced or not bring one along is beyond poor judgement.

So you're saying that no one should ever do ghost hunting in a city like New Orleans? Ever. Because there's a chance that you could run into non-ghost trouble, even while walking from your house to your car on your way to the ghost hunt. You could run into non-ghost trouble stopping at the gas station on the way. And why are people assuming that because someone has a gun, that means they're going to be "trigger-happy" or pulling out out at the slightest noise during an investigation? I guess I must be stabbing people all the time because I carry a knife. I'm blade-happy. Yup, every time I get startled by a car backfiring, I turn around and stab it. If someone comes up behind me and goes "boo!" I automatically turn around and stab them. If I hear a loud noise, you betcha that I immediately stab in the general direction. :lol:

I know this is a difficult concept, but movies aren't real. In a movie you see a gun in the first act and by the final act, it killed someone. In real life, someone could carry their gun all their life and never have to pull it out, much less shoot anyone.

Also, I'm getting sick of people insisting over and over that every potentially dangerous haunted location is a) an abandoned building, b.) in a city, and c) being trespassed on by the hunters.

1. A place is dangerous because it's dangerous, not because it's haunted.

2. A place doesn't automatically become non-dangerous because it's haunted.

3. If you live in an area where carrying a weapon might mean the difference between getting to your car safely and being assaulted, chances are haunted locations in that area have the same amount of danger.

4. If you don't want to ghost hunt in dangerous locations, that's fine, but you'd better realize that an entire city or an entire rural area can be equally dangerous. See #2

5. A rural location can be just as dangerous as an urban location.

6. People who ghost-hunt and have weapons to protect them against potential non-ghost threats are not crazy "thrill-seekers" who like to trespass in abandoned buildings or purposely go to haunted locations. I wish people would stop with those insinuations.

I know of five haunted locations near where I live. One is an abandoned prison. One is an abandoned school way outside of town. One is an abandoned stone barn on the "wrong side of the tracks." One is an abandoned house near the town's token crack house. One is an ancient encampment far away from any settlements. Of those five, the location I feel least safe at is the encampment. There is no way I would go ghost hunting there unless I or someone with me had protection. That's why I had mentioned the Buffalo National River wilderness district earlier. There are no buildings there to "trespass" on (since all us crazy gun-toting thrill-seeking right-to-bear-arms nuts who got fired from being cops only want to trespass in dangerous areas). There is no way I'd even go hiking without protection in that location. I'd rather walk into the state prison with no top on.

I like the way your family members assumed that the other poster had been fired or was a "security guard wanna be." That shows some real maturity on their part. Since we're all making assumptions about other people regarding situations we can't possibly really know enough about to make such assumptions, I'm going to make my own and say your family must have been officers in Mayberry, since they can't recognize that not every haunted location is all lollipops and bunnies. They must think ghost-hunting involves a bunch of Sci-fi channel cameramen and overly-dramatic people getting scared at a moth while at some tourist trap like the OK Corral.

Where was I? Oh yeah. My main objections to all of this is that anyone who carries a gun is a gun-toting, thrill-seeking, right-to-bear-arms nut who only trespasses in abandoned buildings in the city and would start shooting at anything that scared them, and that every single haunted location with potential non-ghost danger is going to be an abandoned building in the middle of the city that someone has to trespass on.

What really makes me laugh about all this is that I don't even particularly like handguns. :rofl:

I have been a member of a paranormal investigation team for quite a while now. I've not read all the responses to this thread as there are so many, suffice to say if I am repeating what others have already said, forgive me.

From personal experience protection is NOT counter productive, on the contrary it is essential if you want to avoid feelings of nausea & blinding headaches at best, 'being taken over' or having something follow you home at worst. If ever using the ouija board, ALWAYS form protection first & make sure you close the board down properly at the end of the session by taking the planchette to Goodbye & bidding the spirits farewell & to be at peace.

As for protection itself, I usually either use :

1) Cathartic light - visualising yourself & those around you doing the same, a bright protective shield of light surrounding you all, keeping any negativity at bay.

2) Forming the Kabbalistic Cross.....check this easy ritual on the net.

3) Wearing Talismans that have been empowered with protective intent using incense (Air), mineral water (Water), the flame from a lit candle (Fire), sea salt (Earth) & visualisng the object being bathed in light & visualising a situation where the object protects you from that which you seek protection from i.e. negative spirits/energies & entities, uttering some appropriate words stating your intent (Spirit).

The talisman you choose has to be something you have faith in i.e. cross, Star of David, pentagram, ankh etc etc as the effectiveness of the talisman (as with all forms of protection) will only be as strong as your faith, trust & belief in it. When dealing with spirits, just because the protection you use is formed in the mind, it makes it no less real!

Hope this helps.

Right,time for a write up of my first hunt :D

There were 6 members for this trip and 2 cars each armed with ''only'' there camera ^_^

As we approached the lane that we were doing the hunt on i felt very much at ease and was not that nervous but more looking forward to it (good so far),

First of all we decided to drive up the lane very slowly to get a feel for it then go back to the beginning to start again whilst walking certain parts and getting out at the places that we thought may be interesting to take our pictures of or places that we felt any risidule energy in,(i think im correct in saying risidule??),

5 mins into the drive up the lane i got a lump in my throat and an ache in a small part at the back of my head and felt a bit funny,that went away after a few minutes as we progressed,i dont know what these feelings and lump may have been (maybe nerves but at first i felt totally fine so not sure why that would change much?)

At our first stop we pulled over at the side to get out,the car behind then got its front wheels stuck in a ditch as it pulled over next to us (1st disaster)So we took 1 hour pushing and lifting to get it out,once it was out we took a few pictures and then progressed,

Nobody had really felt anything so far and there are two parts of the lane with the 2nd supposed to be most high on risidule energy (we were still in the first).

We now start the 2nd part of the lane where a few members started to have various feelings not many but few,we walked along a few times taking pictures, a couple of members were starting to get feelings as if the spirits didnt want them there but we progressed as only a short time left until the dead end of the lane,

Once we got to the end the first car needed to turn around and did so then turned the engine off and we all got out to take more pictures,after about 2 mins 2nd disaster strikes when the car decided to blow up its water thingy (this is not the car that went in the ditch) and there was hot steam pouring out of it and was like thick fog,we all stood back until the steam stopped,

Now a few of the members are getting feelings as if maybe the spirits was trying to reduce us to 1 car the whole time as there were 6 members who could not all fit in 1,anyway the owner of the car calls the car rescue service to come and tow it home,

Now the other car tries to turn around and bashes its front into the side of the lane breaking a bit of its bumper (3rd catastraphe) but it was not bad,just a little crack,

Now we discussed what to do now.we ended up agreeing that 2 wait for the rescue service that were about 40mins away whilst the others wanted to stop at the local church 1 mile away quickly,i went with the others whilst 2 stayed,we stopped at a place on the lane as 2 members wanted to have a walk at this bit they were drawn too but i didnt want to stay as was feeling like we should not be there and so was someone else,so we went on after the other 2 walked around this bit for about 10mins as they were adament they wanted to look at this bit,then they came back and we all went to the church which i was not comfy about when there as i felt funny again,after 15mins we went back to the others and followed the tow truck back home and that was the end of the evening.

In total there must have been around 400 pictures taken and so far we have found nothing on any of them,but the feelings we got said there was something there but the pictures say no,

Also we are still determining weather or not the disasters that happened were spirit related.

Sorry the post is so long but its the shortest i could make it lol

I will post a couple of pictures but like i say we didnt really get any thing.

Dont click this picture as it came out massive,the others are resized now that i know the right posting size,this was the car in a ditch.

Edited by stejens

stejens, thanks for the pictures and your experiences on your hunt! That was really interesting. If you have any more, please do share. :)

stejens, thanks for the pictures and your experiences on your hunt! That was really interesting. If you have any more, please do share. :)

I do have few more just of trees and things but like i say i didnt get any orbs/apparitions or anything so thought there would be no point in posting them.

Tip: SP (sleep paralyisis) is so similar to people that experience a "presence" that even the skeptics WONT touch it......B

Hello Barek,

I was just re-reading through the posts again and was wondering exactly what you mean by this statement,

Hi again stejens, thanks for sharing your experiences....interesting.

Incase you're interested, here are a few pics we've taken on some of our investigations...... B)

post-50021-1171421773_thumb.jpg

post-50021-1171421803_thumb.jpg

post-50021-1171421888_thumb.jpg

post-50021-1171421903_thumb.jpg

post-50021-1171421948_thumb.jpg

post-50021-1171421984_thumb.jpg

Some people say that you have more to fear from the living than from the dead. I find that to be true. I always carry at least a Sig Arms P226 .40 S&W pistol with me on investigations. Sometimes I have carried even more protection than that. Just make sure you do it legally, I'm an ex police officer with a permit to carry, so I'm OK.

Look MR. JJ sir, is it really necessary for such protection during a spook investigation? Are you expecting something like Micheal Meyers, or Jason Vorhees in the process of such haunted investigations??

Well, I have to ask, b/c I work with little fellows who have BIG GUNS everyday---&&&& OVERKILL & exagerated defense is the attitude by most.

Funny, I'm a rather average to small sized female who also carries a (huge) S & W .40 (sigma) & 9mm Glock-- and of course I'm also permitted, & AOK-

And I still see no reason for such protective (proactive) measures. You should know that b/c someone is permitted to carry a weapon doesn't mean their actions are any more justified in the name attempted/murder. --

No, the person trained or not, I can't see this extent of protection on some HAUNTING investigation.. what would be the excuse after a bullet blows an innocent head off? "OOOOPS :passifier: , hmm, uggh, hmm :o ,... I thought it was the GHOST! or either a Crackhead!?" :o

Edited by Sunny98