Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunters protection?

stejens

:tu: Sunny98 and Hezzbelle,

I also have a CCW in Texas but I only carry when I feel I need to....NOT ALWAYS AND EVERYWHERE.

Theres a time and a place....ghost hunting is not one of those on my list.

Lmao, O' gator- I would much rather see you with a CCW everywhere and always-- than the OP w/ fully automatic weapon on a ghost hunt...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LadyHay

• kiddglock

• Barek Halfhand

• stejens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's an easy solution don't go ghost hunting in places where firearms are a necessity, the last that you need with all those EMF detectors and proton colliders is an Uzi to reload as well, I have a couple of visits planned (post snowstorm )myself and for the record I will not be packing any weapons because they are in what I would consider safe areas, now the areas that I have to venture into to earn a buck unfortunately choice is not an option ,so little ghost spotting adventures I select are based on feasibility, accessibility,safety and common sense.......B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

"Dude"............I said "nice to meet you" ....has not a damn thing to do with when you joined or I did.

It was the first time I saw you on here.

Sorry that I did that now. If you know everything then I salute you.....

"I tried to welcome you."

Whatever. Nice to meet you too.

Just so you all know, I don't ALWAYS bring a firearm on investigations, only when I'm not in a good area. I'd rather not get robbed by a homeless crackhead while investigating something or urban exploring.

Usually I just have my dog with me, he's enough protection. He is an 85 pound Shepadoodle (a German Shepherd/Poodle Mix). I've found he is BETTER than an EMF meter when it comes to picking up anything paranormal.

Just so you all know, I don't ALWAYS bring a firearm on investigations, only when I'm not in a good area. I'd rather not get robbed by a homeless crackhead while investigating something or urban exploring.

I see my suspicions are correct here. Yes, I suppose one would need a gun when exploring a building where there are homeless crackheads or urban exploring, in other words, going where one really has no permission to be. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Im new here and was searching for a paranormal forum and found this to be the most livliest and well set out so thought id join this one,

Anyway,me and some friends have started a ghost hunting team and have never done it before or researched anything about it but have always been interested in the subject,

I have been chosen as the researcher/historian B) so am now researching and finding out a few things before we do a hunt,

The main thing im looking to know for now is what kind of protection would we need before we go,things to protect ourselves from encoutering an evil spirit and so on,also any other important information that we may need for doing it please let me know,

Thanks very much.

I would not play with spirits,but if you must, surround yourself with light, most likely you wont encounter any, but one never knows.

A vivid imagination can really scare the begeebers outta ya, what is a beegeber and do I really want to lose it? :w00t:

Usually I just have my dog with me, he's enough protection. He is an 85 pound Shepadoodle (a German Shepherd/Poodle Mix). I've found he is BETTER than an EMF meter when it comes to picking up anything paranormal.

You are being very judgmental about the homeless and people with addictions. Being an ex-police officer, you would think you would know better.

Is it really as simple as this though,i always thought you would have to get special people in to do a clearing and send them on there way and that,

Also i have heard of stories of spirits following some people home,and they say that it weakened them so much that they wouldnt even get out of bed and they tried saying 'leave me alone' several times and it wouldnt go,

I think the mental aspect of it all is frightening,me after i have been somewhere haunted cant sleep and get freaked out at certaing things and any noise,

Experience may help some people but it may also ruin there mental state for the rest of there lives,is this not true?

In my experience, yes it is as simple as telling them to leave. On occasion, a person will have to ask their spirit guides or guardians to assist them, but that's about it. You see, anything that is attracted to your energy has a more tenuous link to you than it would have to a particular location. It would not take much to send it on it's way.

Also, and I mean this with respect, but if you get freaked out by the notion of ghost-hunting to begin with, then maybe it's not for you. :unsure:

Your average person would recover quite rapidly from the shock of a paranormal encounter, although it might play on their minds for a while afterwards. And anyone whose mental state would be ruined by one experience of a ghostly nature would appear to be of a weak mental state to begin with and may be prone to some kind of disorder or imbalance.

:geek:

Also, and I mean this with respect, but if you get freaked out by the notion of ghost-hunting to begin with, then maybe it's not for you. :unsure:

Your average person would recover quite rapidly from the shock of a paranormal encounter, although it might play on their minds for a while afterwards. And anyone whose mental state would be ruined by one experience of a ghostly nature would appear to be of a weak mental state to begin with and may be prone to some kind of disorder or imbalance.

:geek:

thats an excellent point

The couple of things that happened to me recently that were like the inevitable confirmation of the spirit world existing were extremely upsetting and traumatic to say the least, now maybe I seemed to have come out unscathed because I was wacked to begin with!...... :D

.......B

halfhandshuffle:aerosmith-live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Zwmv0DLmo...ted&search=

Edited by Barek Halfhand

thats an excellent point

The the couple of things that happened to me recently that were like the inevitable confirmation of the spirit world existing were extremely upsetting and traumatic to say the least, now maybe I seemed to have come out unscathed because I was wacked to begin with!...... :D

.......B

halfhandshuffle:aerosmith-live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Zwmv0DLmo...ted&search=

what happened?

I can understand why people have said that perhaps ghost investigations aren't for you. You probably are already considering this.

However, I say, if your curiosity weighs out over fear, you'll be excellent at it, and the helpful tips and suggestions from this group will help enormously. Overall, it will be your instincts that you will rely on, to tell you if there really IS something to fear, or if it is merely an anticipatory feeling.

what happened?
hey maki!

sorry, but afraid that would constitute a new OP...B

and being that I am the reigning train-wreck king i am trying to stick to topic but may write up something on the road as i anticipate a long afternoon stuck in snowy traffic........still sorting out what happened btw, there was a type of semi trance involved that precipitated an attack of some sort (think) or maybe an extreme vision...have been hashing this out with a couple members for last months or so and there is still some confusion as to why my sensativity errupted the way it did at age 41, I am inclined to believe it was partially the creative writing process that really set it off ...how ironic huh...as I believe that imagination is a huge part of this ability....as far as filtration goes I still have alot of work to do.....b

Edited by Barek Halfhand

hey maki!

sorry, but afraid that would constitute a new OP...B

and being that I am the reigning train-wreck king i am trying to stick to topic but may write up something on the road as i anticipate a long afternoon stuck in snowy traffic........still sorting out what happened btw, there was a type of semi trance involved that precipitated an attack of some sort (think) or maybe an extreme vision...have been hashing this out with a couple members for last months or so and there is still some confusion as to why my sensativity ereupted the way it did at age 41, I am inclined to believe it was partially the creative writing process that really set it off ...how ironic huh...as I believe that imagination is a huge part of this ability....as far as filtration goes I still have alot of work to do.....b

Well, coolio. I for one vote that you DO start a new thread.

41? you're OOOOLD!! hehe

I can understand why people have said that perhaps ghost investigations aren't for you. You probably are already considering this.

However, I say, if your curiosity weighs out over fear, you'll be excellent at it, and the helpful tips and suggestions from this group will help enormously. Overall, it will be your instincts that you will rely on, to tell you if there really IS something to fear, or if it is merely an anticipatory feeling.

I am considerating not going to the teams next investigation as i was freaked out a bit when i got home,mainly cause the cat was acting very strange,he was darting his eyes all over the wall as if something was there like a fly,but there was nothing and he kept doing it then sprinted out the room frightened of something,this he has never done before so it freaked me out a bit and i could not sleep,

This is why i was wondering how it can affect peoples mental state and kept telling myself that maybe its not for me and i should not do it again,

The only problem is that for some reason the other side of me has this great urge to do it again and not caring how it affects me mentally and freaking out at the slightest noise at home,

So now its just knowing it might not be for me but the urge to do it again seems even greater,not sure if this makes much sense so i will put it this way

A bit like saying if i stick my hand in fire i know its gonna burn but the urge to do it means it has to be done.

I see my suspicions are correct here. Yes, I suppose one would need a gun when exploring a building where there are homeless crackheads or urban exploring, in other words, going where one really has no permission to be. :rolleyes:

As are my suspicions that certain people think anyone who is armed is automatically going to be committing a trespass. :rolleyes:

Edited by ivytheplant

I am considerating not going to the teams next investigation as i was freaked out a bit when i got home,mainly cause the cat was acting very strange,he was darting his eyes all over the wall as if something was there like a fly,but there was nothing and he kept doing it then sprinted out the room frightened of something,this he has never done before so it freaked me out a bit and i could not sleep,

This is why i was wondering how it can affect peoples mental state and kept telling myself that maybe its not for me and i should not do it again,

The only problem is that for some reason the other side of me has this great urge to do it again and not caring how it affects me mentally and freaking out at the slightest noise at home,

So now its just knowing it might not be for me but the urge to do it again seems even greater,not sure if this makes much sense so i will put it this way

A bit like saying if i stick my hand in fire i know its gonna burn but the urge to do it means it has to be done.

When isn't a cat acting strange? ;)

Try this: Read every book about ghosts that you can lay your hands on, and watch every TV show and video you can find on the subject. Do this whether it's broad daylight with people around or you're home alone at 3 AM. Pretty soon, you'll be used to the idea of ghosts and hauntings and all that. I'm not saying you'll never get a little spooked, but it won't really bother you.

Can you rationalize the reasons for your fear? Try explaining exactly WHAT it is you are afraid of. I know that generally, it is the unknown. Would you feel afraid if it was your beloved relative coming back one last time? (going on the premise that ghosts/spirits = formerly alive people).

Are you afraid of being startled? I found this to be more my fear. I HATE that feeling of someone jumping out of the dark and yelling "BOO!" or unexpected loud noises.

Also ask yourself - does the dark make you jumpy? Many people think that you will only see ghosts/spirits in the dark. According to my statistics, this is untrue. People claim to have seen them at all hours of the day. If your group only goes at night, perhaps start by going in the day first and get a feel for things.

Are you feeding off of other people's fears too? That was a great comfort to me, being with people who were able to take things in stride and not freak out when something unexpected happened.