Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Python partially swallows Woman

Nancy

Woman Partially Swallowed By Python

POSTED: 11:53 a.m. EST November 21, 2003

RANGAMATI, Bangladesh -- Police in Bangladesh say villagers beat a huge python to death after the snake half-swallowed and killed a woman.

An official says a 38-year-old-woman was collecting wood in a southeastern forest when the python attacked her. The nearly 10-foot snake wrapped itself around the woman, crushing her. She had been swallowed up to the waist, head first.

A mob of villagers killed the snake with iron rods and sticks before retrieving the woman's body.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press.

Egads

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• babyforrest

• Nancy

• Anirbas

• thefirstman

Top Posters In This Topic

I think being crushed to death would be the worst death imaginable,most painful anyway,feel sorry for the poor lady.

That is a horrible story. I can't even imagine how bad that would have been. I have never heard of a constrictor snake killing a person before and then trying to eat them. Disturbing.

um how does a snake get to be so big that it can swallow a human? i'm scared someone hold me! crying.gif

I wish there was a picture included in the article.

to my knowledge, the lagest species of snake is Either the Anaconda from South America or the Reticulated Python from South-east Asia. The Anaconda grows to 9.5 m and can weigh round 200 kg.The Reticulated Python grows to 10.1 m but, being of slender build, weighs less.

Reticulated pythons can actually be purchased from herp vivariums. I 've always wanted one. I find reptiles to be so fanscinating.

Hmmm... Where have I heard this before? disgust.gif

Ah, yes...

user posted image

Details are a bit different, still very similar. Of course, the above picture is a fake.

Snopes.com

A python will rap itself around the intended meal, be it a deer or a luckless human, then commence in slowly drawing itself tighter together, which would take between 5 and 10 minutes to kill prey the size of a full grown woman. The snake would wait for her to breathe out, then close a little bit more, so with each breath the person takes in less air. Until the person becomes unconscious. Chances are she was unconscious when it started to swallow her head first!

Pythons can grow amazingly long, here’s just a few examples!

user posted image

user posted image

And yes that is a person! crying.gif

I hope the poor woman was dead before it started to swallow her as it's too horrifying to imagine the snake beginning to digest her while still alive!!

crying.gif