Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can you remove spirits & ghosts?

jonas16

I've heard people who screamed JESUS and the entitity just dissappeared. Are there really Ghost eliminating techniques? Please give me some info.

• Like 1

I've heard people who screamed JESUS and the entitity just dissappeared. Are there really Ghost eliminating techniques? Please give me some info.

hey! from what here you pretty much have to just ask them firmly to leave. you have to let them know you are in control. i also have heard you can burn sage throughout the house...... but i'm not sure about that one. thats all i really know ..=)

yep thats why SP demons try to cut off your voice when they attack.....B

any questions?

I'm not a religious person, but i do believe in the afterlife...if i had a spirit in my home and i wasn't comfortable with it, i personally wouldn't choose the religious option.

As i have no belief in the bible this would not even be an option to threaten the ghost with biblical speech, and what if the spirit when alive had no religion..to me they wouldn't have that fear of God to scare them away..am i right?

This is why i leave church practices with removing spirits with an open mind, like i said i have no belief in religion, but the possibility still remains that i could be wrong and i will hold my hands up to it if that's the case, but also look at it another way, we are surrounded by so many religions...if the spirit in the house is not of Christian faith for example then shouting JESUS is going to have no effect either..personal opinion anyway.

Their are certain cleansing techniques you can use to gently persuade your guest to leave, sage is one like mentioned before and there are blessings you can do on your house, nothing religious, just simple techniques that will send ya lil friend on there way with no harm done.

Hi jonas16, The technique described by another member involving burning sage, is commonly referred to as smudging, see http://www.crystalinks.com/smudging.html

If you have difficulty removing a stubborn spirit there is a simple ceremony that can also be performed of Kabbalistic origin, known as Banishment Of The Pentagram see http://www.hermetic.com/heidrick/mq/14.html

If you are uncomforable with either of these methods as they are of a magikal nature, you can try getting a priest or holy man to bless & cleanse the house.

Be wary of psychics who would charge big bucks to perform a cleansing, as they are probably just out to rip you off.

hey all....

It really is'nt about any religious beliefs being the opposing force in vanquishing the transgressing entity, it is merely a midset , the screaming the name "Jesus" etc. is just part of the engaging confrontation, and I feel serves a focal point for us to use are own abilities to dispatch the intruder.......B

halfhandshuffle:aerosmith-sosad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTaRg7mqAQ

Edited by Barek Halfhand

hey all....

It really is'nt about any religious beliefs being the opposing force in vanquishing the transgressing entity, it is merely a midset , the screaming the name "Jesus" etc. is just part of the engaging confrontation, and I feel serves a focal point for us to use are own abilities to dispatch the intruder.......B

halfhandshuffle:aerosmith-sosad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTaRg7mqAQ

I am not entirely disagreeing with you here Barek, although sometimes these spirits can be stubborn & we may not be strong enough or have sufficient conviction in our methods to dispatch the intruder.....this is where the banishment, priest or holy man may be required. As with most things of a spiritual nature, it's mostly about what we have faith in that works, as this empowers it.

If we are unsure, hesitant or lack total faith in our method, it may well fail. Shouting "In the name of Jesus" etc alone may not work, if you don't have complete faith in him (that would be like trying to fire bullets through a water pistol lol).

The engaging confrontation you have described has been known to work with more obliging spirits, as it's a kind of co-operative dismissal, in these cases, keeping it friendly & asking the spirit to move on & be at peace can work with benevolant spirits.

Out of interest, have you ever experienced removing unwanted spirits?

I have removed some spirits/ghosts in my time. Speaking is not required. Even telling the person who you are helping is also not required. If they don't know, the results prove to you that it works without any influence from the power of suggestion. Knowing you have helped someone is reward enough. The how is complex and I am sure I have indicated my techniques on other posts recently :D

I have removed some spirits/ghosts in my time. Speaking is not required. Even telling the person who you are helping is also not required. If they don't know, the results prove to you that it works without any influence from the power of suggestion. Knowing you have helped someone is reward enough. The how is complex and I am sure I have indicated my techniques on other posts recently :D

Interesting Lord Storm, forgive me but I am new to this forum & have not read the other posts you refer to.

Could you tell me where to look as I would like to see the techniques you find work best for you?

I am not entirely disagreeing with you here Barek, although sometimes these spirits can be stubborn & we may not be strong enough or have sufficient conviction in our methods to dispatch the intruder.....this is where the banishment, priest or holy man may be required. As with most things of a spiritual nature, it's mostly about what we have faith in that works, as this empowers it.

If we are unsure, hesitant or lack total faith in our method, it may well fail. Shouting "In the name of Jesus" etc alone may not work, if you don't have complete faith in him (that would be like trying to fire bullets through a water pistol lol).

The engaging confrontation you have described has been known to work with more obliging spirits, as it's a kind of co-operative dismissal, in these cases, keeping it friendly & asking the spirit to move on & be at peace can work with benevolant spirits.

Out of interest, have you ever experienced removing unwanted spirits?

yes, but it is rather complicated because a semi trance state precipitated the aforementioned attack, so there was a combination of sleep deprivation, surely some suggestion, and what I am still trying to hash out as,maybe a vision? or semi possession? but there was a ton of *activity in my home during the week this occurred.......B

*not barek-bong activity either!

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I'll share one:

I had a child who came to visit me a lot (she was killed on this main highway in front of our house). Now, I wasn't scared of her visits, but she only caught me off guard, as I wasn't expecting it. Once It was confirmed who she was, I waited until her next visit and told her (in my sleep) to go to the other side, and that she scared me. I remember the conversation, but it was like a dream-state. That was the last time I saw her. Of course, she didn't give me the impression she was sinister or angry, which can make a difference in the scenerio.

I'll share one:

I had a child who came to visit me a lot (she was killed on this main highway in front of our house). Now, I wasn't scared of her visits, but she only caught me off guard, as I wasn't expecting it. Once It was confirmed who she was, I waited until her next visit and told her (in my sleep) to go to the other side, and that she scared me. I remember the conversation, but it was like a dream-state. That was the last time I saw her. Of course, she didn't give me the impression she was sinister or angry, which can make a difference in the scenerio.

hey all

here is a prime example of perhaps your misguided spirit ...simple redirection by the Sunstress? or did she want something? ...(probably wanted some southern cooking! )....

heres the link to the post witch is still active Arcana,... this is the one Lord Storm is refering to.....B

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=86373

Edited by Barek Halfhand

yes, but it is rather complicated because a semi trance state precipitated the aforementioned attack

I have been instructed that when trying to make contact with spirits, deep meditation, followed by a change in vibration from opening up the chakras (or as you put it semi trance) are the ideal conditons for opening up to spirits, particularly spirit guides. The dangers are, that unless you protect yourself first, or attempt to make contact with benevolant spirits only, you may be opening yourself up to something negative. What was it about the expeience that felt like an attack? Is it possible that because you were'nt expecting anything, a spirit guide may have been trying to communcate with you & it scared you?

so there was a combination of sleep deprivation, surely some suggestion

Where did the suggestion originate Barek?

and what I am still trying to hash out as,maybe a vision? or semi possession? but there was a ton of *activity in my home during the week this occurred.......B

*not barek-bong activity either!

The vision / semi possession sounds more consistant with a spirit guide. Was it a comforting vision or a warning of some kind? The activity you describe might have been the spirit letting you know it was there & preparing you for communication.

I'm not trying to grill here Barek, I just find your experience interesting & wanted to bounce some thoughts & questions offa you. :tu:

Edited by Arcana

If it is unwelcomed than yes. One thing to look at is that if you invite such a thing or ignore it, it is harder to make it leave. I had a experience like this. I was sitting at a freinds house and dozed off on his sofa when I woke a whole apparation was sitting on the floor no more than ten feet away. I freaked out and said a prayer and it jumped through the tv. It also depends on the nature of the spirit and how strong it is. Fear is another aspect to. The more scared you are the more power you give it to roam and do as it pleases.

Fear is another aspect to. The more scared you are the more power you give it to roam and do as it pleases.

I totally agree with that ND-DAVE, good point! :tu:

hey all

here is a prime example of perhaps your misguided spirit ...simple redirection by the Sunstress? or did she want something? ...(probably wanted some southern cooking! )....

heres the link to the post witch is still active Arcana,... this is the one Lord Storm is refering to.....B

Hey thanks for that Barek. :tu:

That's very interesting Lord Storm. You obviously have a great gift of visualisation, not many can master this in the way you have described, as it requires great mental focus & concentration. Where you say "I usualy knock 3 times on something and think or say "make it so."(don't ask why, I don't know)", this is consistant with many wiccan practices when performing various rites & usually accompanied with "So Mote It Be".

hey all

I think she died so quickly and was stuck- maybe even lost lingering here (very sad thing) --

& I highly doubt she lingered around for my southern cooking. :devil::unsure2:

I have been instructed that when trying to make contact with spirits, deep meditation, followed by a change in vibration from opening up the chakras (or as you put it semi trance) are the ideal conditons for opening up to spirits, particularly spirit guides. The dangers are, that unless you protect yourself first, or attempt to make contact with benevolant spirits only, you may be opening yourself up to something negative. What was it about the expeience that felt like an attack? Is it possible that because you were'nt expecting anything, a spirit guide may have been trying to communcate with you & it scared you?

Where did the suggestion originate Barek?

The vision / semi possession sounds more consistant with a spirit guide. Was it a comforting vision or a warning of some kind? The activity you describe might have been the spirit letting you know it was there & preparing you for communication.

I'm not trying to grill here Barek, I just find your experience interesting & wanted to bounce some thoughts & questions offa you. :tu:

The "suggestion" was probably the stress of finally accepting the spirit world from a semi-skeptics point of view and spending about a week straight crash learning aspects paranormality on the Internet(good source of info I know!) the trance state was self induced or it may have been self hypnosis but the vision was directly related to the experience that I had in my original OP (jail basement), that i was sitting on the floor of my slacker-lounge watching television and swapping PMs with another UM member about my bad energy/haunting history when it seems like I was slipping into this trance while still(sort of) typing on my laptop that was placed on a small table in front of me,long story short :D I want to compare it to the way a medium channels, via ouija board or other classic parlor tricks but the talisman was a laptop...

I have also had a good dozen or so(I can remember) SP invasions featuring a cast of foggy/hooded favs as well...

anyway there is tons more but as much as I DO love to talk about myself it is cartoon night on fox so thats it...B

going to leave out the "vision" part of the trance because it SUCKED!

Edited by Barek Halfhand

It was a real google ad.

Oh. I thought it was a joke made by you that went way over my head. So are they talking about spirits or some sort of virus or are Ghost possessing computers?!