Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The final word on Ouija Boards

JordanK

How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards?

• Never use them.
    • Use them with extreme caution.
    • Make sure you read the manual first, but they are fine.
    • Just mess about with them.
    • Ouiji Boards are fake garbage.
    • Wah? Leave me alone.

I have heard all over threads, dont use Ouiji Boards, they are dangerous, etc, etc.

What I want to know is if they are used in a controlled manner, are you still guaranteed safety? And what is so dangerous about them exactly? I only ask because with the new series of BFH, we do a featured experiment each episode (there are six in total) and so far we have gotten: Dowsing Rods, Saence, Channeling and Crystals, and this leaves us with two more which we need to think of. Obviously a Ouiji Board would fill up another space, but naturally I am worried about the concequences if we do use one.

Thanks for any help you could offer original.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Nameless One

• JordanK

• algernon the 3rd

• Ruthie

Ouija boards are dangerous.Period.But if used correctly can be fun.Me and 4 friends have been using Ouija for a couple of years now.At first it was freaky but now it's good.My best friend knew what to do so we followed his lead and eventually talked to an electrician called Frank.

I gave my answer in one of the threads of Friday, don't touch 'em.

As someone who is verging on being a sceptic........I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole having heard so many bad stories from those who have

A family friend was a police officer in Salford, Greater Manchester in the 60's. His sister died using a ouija board.

Don't use the damn things.

How she died using a Ouija board? dontgetit.gif

Anyway, I have a ouija board at home and the damn thing doesn't work. I mean is the thing really supposed to move on its own? My brother and I just sat there with our fingers on the thing and the thing barely moved. And it if it moved it was like a centimeter, mainly because our arms were tired from holding that position. It never moved back and forth all over the place like they do on TV or on the "In Search Of" series with Leonard Nimoy. disgust.gif

So it seems if the thing do move on the board, somebody is moving it. In the end, it is a self fulfilling prophecy! whistling2.gif

Don't touch the thing ever. They are dangerous. They can conjur up some pretty nasty spirits. My 2 aunts were living together years ago and they decided to play around with one. Afterwards doors slammed in their house, there were cold spots, knocks on the walls, etc. They had to move because it was too bad. Don't use one ever!

My experience with the ouija board is the same as KayEl's. I tried the board several times with different friends and relatives, and nothing ever happened.

I was into these a long time ago, and considered myself mastering the object. Until the last time I touched one. A few of us used it – one fell out the window minutes later breaking his ankle, another lost his job the next day, but while going to take the chap to the hospital to check on his ankle the over 4 in the car (all who used the board at the same time) crashed and all broke at least one bone each. The only one unaffected was me, because just before we started I had a nose bleed and filled the glass with my blood (I know, I was a teenager, and the last thing you do when you’re a teenager is use your neurons, lol) huh.gif

You people are foolish, Ive messed with over 4 different kinds of Ouiji Boards, from Parker Brothers, to 2 actual Boards created by Real Druids, or (Wiccans), and one board that my friend Kenny and I Carved out of Wood and none of them worked.

There was one time that I actually believed that Kenny, Rick, and Myself were not Moving it, but then Rick started laughing, and we all knew it was him moving the Dial. I have tried time after time, even by my lonesome trying to actually Meditate to see if anything would happen, and nothing happened at all.

Although I will say it is quite entertaining, especially if your camping out in the woods.

P.S My mother thought that they were so evil that one time she took my Parker Brothers Board and threw, Holy Water on it, it was so ridiculous. I laughed for hours upon hours, she even read the Bible to it. wink2.gif

You people are silly if you think they are dangerous. They are just mere fun.

So I guess Halloween is bad to now, since the Mexicans call it the Day of the Dead. tongue.gif

So I guess Halloween is bad to now, since the Mexicans call it the Day of the Dead. tongue.gif

Um, not sure if this is directed at me? But I’m not Mexican, I’m British, I just live in Mexico!

And Halloween and Day of the Dead are two completely different things. Halloween is on 31st of October, and takes place before Day of the Dead. Day of the Dead is on November 2nd, and is celebrated all throughout Latin America! And has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween!

Um, not sure if this is directed at me? But I’m not Mexican, I’m British, I just live in Mexico!

And Halloween and Day of the Dead are two completely different things. Halloween is on 31st of October, and takes place before Day of the Dead. Day of the Dead is on November 2nd, and is celebrated all throughout Latin America! And has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween!

Yes I know that. wink2.gif I was just using it as an analogy, because of there are a few similarities, and the fact it was the only thing I could come up with at the time. thumbsup.gif

Mexico has awesome, food!!!! I love Atomic Peppers. thumbsup.gif

Mexico has awesome, food!!!! I love Atomic Peppers. thumbsup.gif

If you like Mexican food, even some of the weird stuff, check out: World of the bizarre – fried rat shocks dinners - thread. Because I have posted a few things I have tried while being in Mexico, from dog to donkey, to shark, etcetera. dontgetit.gif

Ahhh, mexican is the best food in the world! It even overtakes Chinese Take-away in my mind. grin2.gif

Anywho, thannks to anyone who answered. I would be interested to find out how that lady died because of an Ouija Board and even though to be honest I am quite skeptical of the things, I wont suggest it. Thanks again! wink2.gif

Ok............ don't know how many times I've said this on here ~ *takes deep breath*

The boards are not a toy - hence them being banned as such in many countries. Most of the time it's the collective concious of the group using the board that makes the planchette move, not a 'spirit'. However, sometimes things happen. During the research for my book I interviewed several sensible, articulate, intelligent people who have been terrified using the ouija. I myself used one in my teens and would never ever touch one again. (I only did it because I had been warned not to by other people - and I'm one of them that does the opposite of she's told tongue.gif ).

Hammy x x x

PS Cold, pooped and covered in dog-hair wacko.gif

Ouija boards are dangerous, not only if they are used incorrectly, but also if they manage to attrct an evil or malign spirit. There are a number of ways in which you can protect yourselves from the spirits that you summon, if it works at all.

1. Always wear silver, touching your skin.

2. Always say goodbye to the spirit after you finish as this helps it to depart.

3. Draw a circle around the board and sitters before you start.

There are others, but as I have put them elsewhere I will not repeat them all.

They are dangerous because you can call evil spirits to you, that then stay, it is if they stay that the fun begins, and you start to experience bad luck, accidents, cold spots and the other phenomenon.

Doing the above helps to stop this, but it may not if the spirit is particularly strong.

*stands on propped up Ouija Board and peers over edge of toybox*

The only reason Ouija Boards are dangerous is due to people like Althalus and their scare mongering.

What gives 'silver' its protective power against 'spirits' exactly??

How does drawing a circle stop 'evil demons' coming through???

Does saying goodbye to a 'spirit after using the board make them feel better???

The only demons/spirits that you contact using a ouija board are those conjured up by your own mind.

A simple test will prove Ouija Boards are nonsense,, Do it blind folded and have a friend stand by and write down whatever messages you get, oh and have someone fluent in gibberish handy to interpret what you get.

*blows kiss to Hammy and climbs back inside toybox*

I have to agree, but with some of the experience I have gotten from doing BFH I have learned not to mess in things that I dont understand. Maybe in the furure with more extensive research but I doubt it.

Is it nonsense? Probably, but why take the risk if its just for the sake of it. blink.gif

I find Kryso's and Hammy's stories perfectly conceivable. But whether they are spirits, demons, auto-suggestion or projected complexes or whatever is another thing. There are so many accounts of less than pleasant things occurring with ouija... Maybe these occur when one or more suitably 'gifted' or attuned people are present.

A:21

You people are foolish, Ive messed with over 4 different kinds of Ouiji Boards, from Parker Brothers, to 2 actual Boards created by Real Druids, or (Wiccans), and one board that my friend Kenny and I Carved out of Wood and none of them worked.

SO just because it's never worked for you means that they don't work for anybody?

The board is like a gateway between our side of the world and the spirit side. Saying goodbye closes the door.

If you don't believe it is at least *possible* then it most likely wont work. You've got to be open minded.

My brother and I just sat there with our fingers on the thing and the thing barely moved.

this is probably a stupid question but: you did ask it a question didnt you? It wont move unless you ask it questions to open the door.

It's like the analogy I gave in another thread. Using a ouija board is like leaving your front door open. But just because you've opened the door doesn't mean anyone will actually come in, but if they do you have little control over whether they have malicious intent or not.

I have heard on more than occasion (from more than a few sources which I cannot recall at the moment) that a spirit can get trapped in an Ouiji Board. (which is why the same spirit will communicate with you over and over and over again). Anyway, I never use them anymore... grin2.gif

What gives 'silver' its protective power against 'spirits' exactly??

Supposedly it is because silver is supposed to either hurt spirits or they can not touch it, due to its existance in the spiritual plane also, and as you wear some during the session the spirit can not touch you.

How does drawing a circle stop 'evil demons' coming through???

The circle stops anything evil from coming through because it forms a protective barrier between the spirits and the living, they can not enter the circle, but can still communicate through it.

Does saying goodbye to a 'spirit after using the board make them feel better???

No, but it does let the spirit know that you want it to depart and so forces it to go.

This and other protective measures were given by David Farrant in a fairly recent interview in The X Factor.

Don't ever use it! Like all da people said...it has been a long time here and yes,I've seen alot of strange board games in my life...