Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Empty Tomb and Strange Glyphs

Arcana

I recently found this fascinating account about a new tomb discovered in egypt. Rather than just put in a link, I've pasted some of the text for you to read.....see what you think, to read the full article including the part about the strange glyphs visit - Source :font="Times New Roman"] http://www.mysteriesmagazine.com/articles/issue13.html[

Point to a Cover-Up in Egypt

by Michael Lohr

In 1999, a team of Belgium and German archaeologists, while excavating an Egyptian burial chamber on the Giza plateau, halfway between the Chefren Pyramid and the Sphinx, discovered a tunnel that led below the chamber to a small causeway, at the end of which was a solid granite capstone sealing off an apparent tomb. Zahi Hawass, director of the Giza site for the Egyptian Antiquities Authority, was alerted to the discovery and immediately stepped in to supervise the dig.

At the end of a causeway that connects the tomb to Kharfre’s Pyramid, they discovered a circular door made of chocolate basalt, at the base of which read in hieroglyphs that this was the “tomb of the god Osiris.” Upon reading this, two teams of superstitious Egyptian workers immediately stopped working and left the site. (In Egypt, it is common practice to not disturb the artifacts of the ancients. One can only imagine their panic when they discovered they were about to open the sealed tomb of a legendary god of their ancestors.)

According to sources, the tomb’s door had a golden seal placed around the rim of the capstone. This gold, when tested, was dated to between 3844 BC to 4400 BC, well before the supposed establishment date for the Egyptian Upper and Lower Kingdoms and the invention of hieroglyphics in 3300 BC. But when journalists from the BBC and London Times asked about these odd results, no one in authority would address it.

Hawass eventually hired men from the Egyptian army to open the tomb’s capstone and proceed with the excavation. Once the stone was removed, they found a vertical shaft that dropped 95 feet down into the cold, dark earth. Once the team repelled down the shaft, they discovered a large, granite sarcophagus with a hieroglyph-inscribed lid submerged under three feet of water, in the middle of a stone circle that was divided into four quadrants with each dividing line aimed to the north, south, east, and west.

The tomb was also surrounded by four hieroglyph-inscribed pillars situated at each point of the compass. From each cardinal point was a tunnel filled to the ceiling with sand and debris that led presumably under the Giza plateau. There was supposedly nothing found in the sarcophagus except for a small stone tablet that said, “Osiris was resurrected from the dead by Isis, who then ascended into the heavens.”

Evidence of a Cover-Up

Why would the ancient Egyptians go to the trouble of carving out a complex tomb, seal it up, yet never place a mummy or treasure there? Certain people believe that Hawass may have uncovered some unusual artifact that, if revealed, would stand traditional archaeology and perhaps even history on its head.

Several artifacts were reportedly found about the chamber, but a list was never released to the public. Later, in an interview with the British newspaper The Guardian, Hawass said that the artifacts retrieved dated the lower tomb, the so-called Osiris tomb, to the New Kingdom, around 1550 BC. Then a report released in 2003 by the Egyptian Antiquities Authority stated that the tunnels leading away from the tomb actually went nowhere, a view that was challenged by a group of Egyptologists in the September/October 2000 issue of Archaeology magazine. Surprisingly, neither Hawass nor any of his associates have ever responded to the charges that the tunnels do indeed proceed farther along under the Giza plateau, a silence that was very much out of character.

Additionally, during the dig, it was rumored that the Giza plateau was closed to the public, guarded by both U.S. and Egyptian military units. Why were the U.S. and Egyptian armies placed on high alert while this excavation was going on? Surely, they were not mobilized just to deter thieves from raiding the tomb. This was an unprecedented move, for never before were American and Egyptian armies mobilized to protect an archaeological excavation, which suggests that more is going on here than the Egyptian authorities are willing to admit.

Thus far, no outside entities, including historians and archaeologists, have been permitted to inspect the Osiris tomb, the Egyptian authorities citing that the Osiris tomb was “closed due to dangerous instabilities in the chamber ceiling” or high water levels, a move that supports the idea that there is something unusual about this tomb that Hawass wants to keep secret.[/font]

Edited by Arcana

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arcana

• Thaddeus

• GrayTone

• Adam2006

You have any other sources?

Hi 420_toker, No I posted this as I found the article very interesting, I'm not claiming it offers definitive proof of anything.

If indeed there is any truth about the claims of a cover up, I would not expect to find articles all over the net about it.......guess we'll have to wait & see? :tu:

Man this sounds intriguing and a little exciting, if it's all true that is. I wish I could've been there, even though there's no way in hell I could've been. But if you can find anything else about this I'd really like to know. I think the ancient egyptians knew and understood some things that we have yet to even think about. But this are just my thoughts and there's no real proof to back them up, except that they build huge pyramids 5000 years ago and it still baffles us. Any more info is good info so if ya hear anything lets us know!!

Man this sounds intriguing and a little exciting, if it's all true that is. I wish I could've been there, even though there's no way in hell I could've been. But if you can find anything else about this I'd really like to know. I think the ancient egyptians knew and understood some things that we have yet to even think about. But this are just my thoughts and there's no real proof to back them up, except that they build huge pyramids 5000 years ago and it still baffles us. Any more info is good info so if ya hear anything lets us know!!

Hi Thaddeus, Like myself, you sound like you share a passion for ancient Egypt.......you're right, there is still so much we have to learn about this fascinating civilisation. If I find anything else, I'll be sure to let you know. Same goes for you, if you find anything interesting, share with us. :tsu:

WooHoo!!! I found it!!!!

Does this have anything to do with it?

Hope it helps, took me a while to dig it out of My Favourites. :D

Hey Adam2006, Nice job.........thanks for contributing that, I've been dying to see the pictures, nice find & many thanks. :tsu:

Your right Arcana I am a big fan of ancient egypt, it all mystifies me, and I beleive that desert hold many more mysteries than we've found so far. But yes if I find anything interesting I'll post it up. Anything to spark the interest of egypt. and BTW nice site i have't gotten to read it yet but it's in the favorites when I read over it more I'm sure i'd like to discuss it if anyone is interested which I'm sure you are. So I am off to work wooho!!

Hey guys, pleeeease keep posting, i love all this sort of stuff, it fascinates me.

I wonder what it is they supposdly found,,,sounds more like a conspircie, maybe its ancient technology, aaaahhhhh i need to know

Read the link story....and.... lost interest when he started spouting this sort of jiberish..!!

''Having been guided by the non-local time reverse Andromedian Atum-Ptah in December 1997, with 33 dedicated Unity Units, to align the Djed Spine Nile grid, to the Celestial Nile of the Milky Way, to non-local Universal Unified Man, Ptah instigated the requirement for our return. This time during the last Time Gate that links in fractal resonance to 2010, during early February.''

I like everyone else beleive there is untold history still buried in the sands of egypt, take the recent discovery, but wierdo's like this do nothing to further our knowledge.

:no:

WooHoo!!! I found it!!!!

Does this have anything to do with it?

Hope it helps, took me a while to dig it out of My Favourites. :D

Nice link. It seems we're still finding things in Egypt. :D

Read the link story....and.... lost interest when he started spouting this sort of jiberish..!!

''Having been guided by the non-local time reverse Andromedian Atum-Ptah in December 1997, with 33 dedicated Unity Units, to align the Djed Spine Nile grid, to the Celestial Nile of the Milky Way, to non-local Universal Unified Man, Ptah instigated the requirement for our return. This time during the last Time Gate that links in fractal resonance to 2010, during early February.''

I like everyone else beleive there is untold history still buried in the sands of egypt, take the recent discovery, but wierdo's like this do nothing to further our knowledge.

:no:

Yeah that never helps anything.

I recently found this fascinating account about a new tomb discovered in egypt. Rather than just put in a link, I've pasted some of the text for you to read.....see what you think, to read the full article including the part about the strange glyphs visit - Source :font="Times New Roman"] http://www.mysteriesmagazine.com/articles/issue13.html[

Point to a Cover-Up in Egypt

by Michael Lohr

In 1999, a team of Belgium and German archaeologists, while excavating an Egyptian burial chamber on the Giza plateau, halfway between the Chefren Pyramid and the Sphinx, discovered a tunnel that led below the chamber to a small causeway, at the end of which was a solid granite capstone sealing off an apparent tomb. Zahi Hawass, director of the Giza site for the Egyptian Antiquities Authority, was alerted to the discovery and immediately stepped in to supervise the dig.

At the end of a causeway that connects the tomb to Kharfre’s Pyramid, they discovered a circular door made of chocolate basalt, at the base of which read in hieroglyphs that this was the “tomb of the god Osiris.” Upon reading this, two teams of superstitious Egyptian workers immediately stopped working and left the site. (In Egypt, it is common practice to not disturb the artifacts of the ancients. One can only imagine their panic when they discovered they were about to open the sealed tomb of a legendary god of their ancestors.)

According to sources, the tomb’s door had a golden seal placed around the rim of the capstone. This gold, when tested, was dated to between 3844 BC to 4400 BC, well before the supposed establishment date for the Egyptian Upper and Lower Kingdoms and the invention of hieroglyphics in 3300 BC. But when journalists from the BBC and London Times asked about these odd results, no one in authority would address it.

Hawass eventually hired men from the Egyptian army to open the tomb’s capstone and proceed with the excavation. Once the stone was removed, they found a vertical shaft that dropped 95 feet down into the cold, dark earth. Once the team repelled down the shaft, they discovered a large, granite sarcophagus with a hieroglyph-inscribed lid submerged under three feet of water, in the middle of a stone circle that was divided into four quadrants with each dividing line aimed to the north, south, east, and west.

The tomb was also surrounded by four hieroglyph-inscribed pillars situated at each point of the compass. From each cardinal point was a tunnel filled to the ceiling with sand and debris that led presumably under the Giza plateau. There was supposedly nothing found in the sarcophagus except for a small stone tablet that said, “Osiris was resurrected from the dead by Isis, who then ascended into the heavens.”

Evidence of a Cover-Up

Why would the ancient Egyptians go to the trouble of carving out a complex tomb, seal it up, yet never place a mummy or treasure there? Certain people believe that Hawass may have uncovered some unusual artifact that, if revealed, would stand traditional archaeology and perhaps even history on its head.

Several artifacts were reportedly found about the chamber, but a list was never released to the public. Later, in an interview with the British newspaper The Guardian, Hawass said that the artifacts retrieved dated the lower tomb, the so-called Osiris tomb, to the New Kingdom, around 1550 BC. Then a report released in 2003 by the Egyptian Antiquities Authority stated that the tunnels leading away from the tomb actually went nowhere, a view that was challenged by a group of Egyptologists in the September/October 2000 issue of Archaeology magazine. Surprisingly, neither Hawass nor any of his associates have ever responded to the charges that the tunnels do indeed proceed farther along under the Giza plateau, a silence that was very much out of character.

Additionally, during the dig, it was rumored that the Giza plateau was closed to the public, guarded by both U.S. and Egyptian military units. Why were the U.S. and Egyptian armies placed on high alert while this excavation was going on? Surely, they were not mobilized just to deter thieves from raiding the tomb. This was an unprecedented move, for never before were American and Egyptian armies mobilized to protect an archaeological excavation, which suggests that more is going on here than the Egyptian authorities are willing to admit.

Thus far, no outside entities, including historians and archaeologists, have been permitted to inspect the Osiris tomb, the Egyptian authorities citing that the Osiris tomb was “closed due to dangerous instabilities in the chamber ceiling” or high water levels, a move that supports the idea that there is something unusual about this tomb that Hawass wants to keep secret.

[/font]

Here's an interesting link: http://www.archaeology.org/0009/abstracts/crypt.html

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. Its kinda fustrating how they keep everything top secret and classified!