Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good News For UK Bush Haters!

Pinky Floyd

Britain open to U.S. antimissile protection

Blair said to think it's 'good idea' to be part of Bush's plan

Alan Cowell

Published: February 23, 2007

"LONDON: Britain and the United States said Friday that they were discussing the stationing of an American anti-ballistic-missile defense system on British soil.

The United States has previously offered to locate the missile system in the Czech Republic and Poland, provoking furious objections from Russia, though Washington argues that the system is not built to defend against Russia but against Iran, principally, and other potential threats.

According to Prime Minister Tony Blair's spokeswoman, Britain has been secretly lobbying for inclusion in the system for some time."

"Hey Yank! Stick around, buy you a pint.."

Looks like we'll be pals for while longer... :wub:

I'm sure you UK lefties are just thrilled... :clap:

Edited by Pinky Floyd

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aztec Warrior

• IronGhost

• Pinky Floyd

• SilverCougar

Top Posters In This Topic

There's that feeling of being back in the 80's again!

In the eyes of the liberal left, it's OK for Iran to develop nuclear weapons, but how dare the UK install an anti-missile system that will one day destroy those incoming Iranian warheads.

In the eyes of the liberal left, it's OK for Iran to develop nuclear weapons, but how dare the UK install an anti-missile system that will one day destroy those incoming Iranian warheads.

It does seem that they feel that way. And if Iran was to make a nuke, put it on a missle and use it (doubtful against Europe/US but possible-likely against Israel however), the left would be the first one's on the podium to complain about how our leadership failed us..and give the world an abundence 'why was this allowed to happen?' type griping...

I'm still waiting to hear a good plan about what to do with Iran from the left, short of-"Go ahead, let them make one..it's their right", and ignoring the fact that it will probably lead to several ME countries wanting/getting nukes, and given enough time, one of them will be used by someone against somebody at sometime (and that's the best case scenario)...

I wish there was option "2" instead of just Earth...

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Aztec, Aztec, Aztec! You are living proof that a well-read, intelligent person can entertain ludicrous ideas!

Show me a liberal who thinks its "okay" for Iran to build nuclear bombs.

There is no liberal in America who thinks it's okay for Iran to have A-Bombs and missiles to launch them. The last thing any liberal wants is for anyone to build more bombs and weapons of mass destruction.

As for the whole missile defense issues, there are other ways to look at it. Liberals are leary of the whole concept of a perptual arms race of "one-ups-manship" creating and endless cycle of the creation of lethal weapons, counter measures to those weapons, then more counter measures for defeat the counter measures-- on into infinity ... and before long, the whole world in knee deep IN deadly weapons ....

Especially when there can be alternatives ... like ...like ... DIPLOMACY!!!

Edited by IronGhost

Aztec, Aztec, Aztec! You are living proof that a well-read, intelligent person can entertain ludicrous ideas!

Show me a liberal who thinks its "okay" for Iran to build nuclear bombs.

There is no liberal in America who thinks it's okay for Iran to have A-Bombs and missiles to launch them. The last thing any liberal wants is for anyone to build more bombs and weapons of mass destruction.

As for the whole missile defense issues, there are other ways to look at it. Liberals are leary of the whole concept of a perptual arms race of "one-ups-manship" creating and endless cycle of the creation of lethal weapons, counter measures to those weapons, then more counter measures for defeat the counter measures-- on into infinity ... and before long, the whole world in knee deep IN deadly weapons ....

Especially when there can be alternatives ... like ...like ... DIPLOMACY!!!

I have never seen one protestor or liberal Democrat complaining about Iran and it's failure to comply with the International community. Have you?

All I see in the news, and correct me if I am wrong Iron, but the Democrats in Congress warning Bush about striking Iran. Didn't Pelosi just say that last week. But she never has addressed the Iranian nuclear program as "bad" or unacceptable. If the Democrats can't stomach a few thousand dead in Iraq, they would never support harsher UN measures toward Iran, like sanctions (might provoke them)or the use of force. Their inability to confront that hostile regime, even with strong language, makes my point.

The EU-3 tried diplomacy for the past 4 years. If diplomacy doesn't work because the other side won't bargain in good faith...what do you have. A lot of talk, wasting time...meanwhile the Iranians merrily go on their way to nuclear development. Diplomacy, unfortunately in the real world nearly never works. Off the top of my head, the N. Korea agreement under Clinton.....and diplomacy leading up to WWII by Chamberlain.

If one can get a strong agreement, then remember Reagan's famous qoute..."trust but verify."

Of course the liberals don't want the Iranians or anyone else for that matter, to have nuclear weapons, but the Democrats are unwilling to confront evil or aggression (Bosnia was an exception). Their passivity and complacency is tantamount to enabling. Ultimately the war the Democrat's so wanted to avoid at all cost, becomes exponentially more lethal, as history has proven time and again.

For example, if the Democratic congress were successful in withdrawing the troops from Iraq, they would consider that to be a political victory. They want another Vietnam, where the Americans slinks back to its hole in defeat. The way I see it, if the US withdraws its forces from Iraq, the terrorists will not go away. Rather, they will operate with impunity and move their terrorism to N. and S. America.

One only needs to read a few history books to grasp the parallel between todays events and those leading up to both world wars. The huge German military buildup prior to 1939 was well known to the British, French and US.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Perhaps Iran is ramping up aggressive rhetoric and a desire for nuclear weapons because of the Iraq war. In other words, the aggression of the Coalition has fuelled the so called spectre of Iran. The Conservatives haven't been confronting evil of late, more getting themselves stuck in a bog.

How exactly can you verify that statement?

How exactly can you verify that statement?

The statement flat out cannot be verfied. Period. Liberal do not think it okay for Iran to have the bomb -- period.

Just because liberals are not staggering around the world like a drunken Dick Cheney, rattling sabres and sowing seeds of mistrust and contempt --even among our allies -- and for anyone and everyone who does not buy into the now totally disproven and bankrupt Neo-Con philosophy -- does not mean liberals are "appeasing" any rogue nation. Liberal believe in talking softly and caring a big stick, and the old saying goes.

Some examples of dovish talking Liberals:

George McGovern -- WW II bomber pilot, battle-hardened war hero

John Murtha -- Marine Corps Vietnam Vet, battle-hardened war hero

John Glenn -- Fighter pilot, War hero, astronaut

Al Gore -- Volunteered, Served in Vietnam

John Kerry -- Vietnam Vet, Volunteered for most dangerous job in Vietnam -- Swift Boat commander

Wesly Clark -- Vietnam Vet, battle-hardned war hero Supreme commander of Nato, etc.

Jimmy Carter -- Navy Nuclear engineer -- helped design U.S. Nuclear Subs.

Bob Kerry -- Congressional Medal of Honor, Vietnam Vet, War hero

Dovish talking Republican -- Chuck Hagel, Vietnam Vet, War hero

Now look at the "tough guys" who talk big, especially about Iran:

Dick Cheney -- hid behind every weed to stay out of Vietnam, five deferments

George W. -- Cushy National Guard duty, left early to go to Harvard

Newt Gingrich -- Egregious Draft dodger

Condi Rice -- Never served in military

John Ashcroft -- Draft dodger, did not serve

Rush Limbaugh -- Rejected for service, had infected cysts on his ass

Rudy Guiliani -- Did not serve

Karl Rove -- Did not serve

Tom Delay -- Did not serve

Should I go on ....? Talk is cheap, my friends.

EDIT: This Just In! Republicans are fielding yet another Vietnam Draft Dodger Candidate -- Mitt Romney!

This from Wiki: Before college, Romney earned a draft deferral by going to France for a two-year missionary tour with the Mormon Church. As such, he was able to avoid military service in Vietnam.

He should be a shoo-in for Republican Prez!!! He's a Vietnam Draft Dodger -- It's almost required now to be a Republican Prez!!

Edited by IronGhost