Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Linen Mill Ghost

Hi found this today while i was have a look around on the net.

A Young linen worker named Helena Blundden died after a fall in a Belfast Mill in 1912. There are Mnay people who still believe she still haunts the mill today.

An accidental discovery of a bundle in the linen mill has unearthed an 87 year old recording and new peper reviews of Helena singing. The linen Mill is now owned by a Printing Company and the people who work there say that they can some time feel some things when there are there.

Here is a link to the page i got this from

http://www.irelandseye.com/ghost/index.shtm

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dakoda

• Magikman

• SpaceyKC

• Kira

;D Yes I went and had a look earlier today not a bad site at all :)

The recording of her voice was really eerie!  :s09

• 2 weeks later...

I found a few apparent captures from the web cam from the mill in a discussion room, but there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about the photos, and assuming by comments from other people in the forum, they think so, too. :-/

I don't know if anyone else had a look at the photos captured, but here are a few:

http://www.irelandseye.com/messageboard/message.htm

A lot of other members and guests reported seeing things, and posted descriptions on the site, but the whole story seems suspicious, and I'm a bit skeptical about whether or not there was an actual haunting, or whether this was just to gain some attention from the public and over the web.  ::)

It is an interesting story, though--fiction or not. Thanks for sharing, bantonp5!  :)

Woops! Apparently, the link doesn't lead you straight to the pictures.  :o

Once you're in the entrance community message board, go to the category called "The Great Irish Ghost Watch," and then go to the topic called " Some photos over a period." The photos are on the first page. Sorry about the confusion!  :st

Dakoda,  :st

This link should take everyone directly to the post you mention;

CLICK HERE

Magikman  :D

Thanks MM,  :st

This is the asecond time I've needed help with something like this!

What do you think about the photos?

Uhm.. what is the poijt of that forum?proving that you can place photo's in your post?  ???

Odin S. :s9

The forum is segmented into categories of Irish Bed & Breakfasts, Irish Names, Irish General Matters, Leprechauns ( ???), and The Great Irish Ghost Watch--which is what I'm focussing on. As for what the rest of the threads have to do with, I don't care to know right now. What I do want to know, is what everyone's opinion is about the captures on the web cam, or whether anyone has even noticed that anything has actually been captured.

As for your question Odin, I think it is more that they want to prove that they have a ghost of Helen Blunden in their photo, than that they want to prove that they can place the photo into their post. But that wouldn't be a bad topic, if it were up to me--how do you do that, anyway?  ???

I can't believe that, that ghost watch is still going, the first time I saw that site and the live webcam they have set up in the cupboard was about 3 years ago.

I did not see anything then and I still have not.

Dakoda,  :su

Here's an answer to your question about posting pictures. If you see a picture on another site that you would like to post here, move your mouse pointer over the picture and click the right button. Choose the 'save target as' option and click on it. This will download the picture to your hard drive, giving you the option to pick where you want it to be placed (I generally just choose the document folder, it's easy)

When you have started your thread in the forum, you'll see that you have the option to add an attachment. Click the browse button to the right, find the picture that you placed on your hard drive and click on it. Click on the open button and the picture will be uploaded to your post as an attachment. Try a couple attempts with just any old picture in the Off Topics category to see if it works for you. You can always delete it after you've been successful.

Magikman  :)

Thanks a lot for the instructions, Magik!  :st

Athalus,

Disappointed to hear that the cam has been up for so long, and that some people will believe anything and make false claims like these--let's not forget the web cam from Haunted Diary's site, which she later admited to just being a Jpeg image.   ::)

• 1 month later...

Attention seekers once again  :o  :o  :o ........I agree with you Dakoda.

I must really supress that cynical side of me  8)

Have a good all.