Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phantom Trousers

dancin'hamster

I've heard the expression 'to be legless', but this story takes the cake tongue.gif

'Since January, 1977, a surreal supernatural apparition has been terrifying night staff at the National Giro Centre in Bridle Road, Bootle; a spectral pair of pinstriped trousers. Security guards were the first to encounter the ghostly outline of the trousered legs walking around the fourth floor of the building around 3 a.m. Early morning cleaners have also spotted the strange entity. Rose Robinson and Vera Kirkpatrick were sitting drinking a cup of coffee on the fourth floor, when they saw noticed a pair of pinstriped trousers standing in the corridor. They could also see that the partially visible ghost was wearing shiny pointed shoes. Then other parts of the ghost's body slowly appeared. "I looked up and saw a woman's face," said Rose Robinson, "It was pure white and she was staring at something over to the right of me. Then I heard these footsteps going away down the corridor, but the doors at the end of the corridor didn't open."

Security guard Vince Lever saw the ghost at closer quarters one saturday night when moonlight was streaming into the windows of the Giro Centre's Operations Block. In the moonlight, Vince could see that the spectre had blonde hair and on this occasion she wore a red dress instead of the pinstriped trousers. Vince said: "The place was empty of course. I walked up to the window. The woman was on the telephone. I quickly went to another guard, but when we came back to the building she had vanished, and all the doors were still locked."

Vince's colleague, Tommy McEvoy adds, "It's always cold on the 4th floor, no matter what the weather's like."

When Tom Slemen gave an account of the Giro Centre ghost on Radio City's Billy Butler Show, several listeners telephoned in and said the spectre was the ghost of a woman who was murdered in 1969 in Old Swan. In the middle of the night, the murderer dumped her body on the site of the Giro Centre, hoping she'd soon be covered by concrete when the foundations were laid. However, a workman saw the leg of the woman protruding from the rubble and alerted the police. The woman was identified, and he killer was eventually caught.'

Hammy x x x

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent_21

• dancin'hamster

• Thistle

• Cufflink

Top Posters In This Topic

* snigger * I've never heard of a ghost that can change outfits and use the telephone before.........I've changed my mind about wanting multiple ghosts when I die........I wanna have a ghostly wardrobe instead.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

oo-oooooooo!!!!

Me too!

I'm a bugger for shoes - I'll have LOADS of boots and clumpy shoes!

A ghost of someone dumped in the foundations haunting the building. Not pleasant. And how bizarre, multiple outfits. dontgetit.gif

Hang on....did you say `boots,' Hams? Don't start me off about boots. wink2.gif

Ah yes, boots, especially the knee-length ones....*distant*.....er, um....anyway, ...must dash...... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Maybe I could have both !!!!!!!!! Multiple ghosts, each one in a different outfit.

Cuffy.........WAKE UP, you're dreaming again lol

laugh.gif

Maybe I'll haunt Anne Summers' shops............scare the pants of people - literally grin2.gif

Phantom Trousers.. You just had to do it.

I will now go and create a thread on Hammy's Knickers. laugh.gif

I will now go and create a thread on Hammy's Knickers. laugh.gif

ohmy.giflaugh.gif

If I'd said that, I'd now be in the garden, digging my own grave. tongue.gif

ohmy.gif

*speechless*

Was the ghost trousers a half formed ghost or a half decayed one? There have been at least a couple of other accounts of ghostly trousers on record.

BTW in Sir Henry @ Rawlinson End (1980) the ghost of Humbert Rawlinson cannot rest until he is reunited with his trousers!

Phantom Trousers.. You just had to do it.

I will now go and create a thread on Hammy's Knickers.  laugh.gif

HammyKnickers? Are they similar to Camiknickers?

BTW in Sir Henry @ Rawlinson End (1980) the ghost of Humbert Rawlinson cannot rest until he is reunited with his trousers!

They must of been a particularly fine pair of trousers then if you're prepared to spend you're entire afterlife looking for them wink2.gif

I seem to remember he lost them in rather unfortunate circumstances. devil.giflaugh.gif

I seem to remember he lost them in rather unfortunate circumstances. devil.giflaugh.gif

A21, it is your duty to tell us how exactly, we wanna know

laugh.gif

Hammy speechless..............................

grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

im impressed thumbsup.gif

Oi!

Billie - you cheeky likkle minx ohmy.gif

I seem to remember he lost them in rather unfortunate circumstances. 

laugh.gif

A21, it is your duty to tell us how exactly, we wanna know

laugh.gif

The story so far...

As I remember, giant Humbert Rawlinson was enjoying the company of local publican Seth Onetooth's wife Rosie in the countryside near Rawlinson End. For some reason Seth appears on the scene and Humbert has to make a hasty and trouserless exit. ohmy.gif

The middle Rawlinson brother, Henry, hunting in the area at the time, makes an understandable mistake and shoots his brother dead, thus becoming Sir Henry Rawlinson. Seth arrives to retrieve Rosie...and a large pair of moleskin trousers. These are hung on the wall of The Fool and Bladder - 'a Hunting trophy.' w00t.giflaugh.gif

As I remember, giant Humbert Rawlinson was enjoying the company of local publican Seth Onetooth's wife Rosie in the countryside near Rawlinson End.

I see, dirty bugger lol. the moral of this story being..........always take that few extra seconds to pick up your trousers before beating a hasty retreat.

laugh.gif

the moral of this story being..........always take that few extra seconds to pick up your trousers before beating a hasty retreat.

laugh.gif

Or if they're made of moleskin, bury them and let them find their own way home.

wacko.gif