Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bob Lazar

Michaelbuble

From a post last week:

"On Lazar:

by Stanton Friedman -- http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/sflazar.html

and better, a critique by an /actual/ scientist -- http://www.serve.com/mahood/lazar/critiq.htm.

As Dr Morgan Points out, /nobody/ with a Master's degree (or any other degree) forgets when they got it, especially not from MIT)!"

--Jaylemurph

• Thanks 1

Bob lazar seemed credible when he first arrived on the scene, but as time went by, many holes appeared in his story. His knowledge of physics, where he studied and worked. I think he has a website, but i think you have to pay to become a member. G. Knapp still has faith in him, as far as i know, but most people believe he is lying.

in my opinion... faker

Lazar says he has advanced degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the California Institute of Technology. However, according to skeptical investigators, his name does not appear on the alumni roll of either institution. The yearbooks from that time neither contain identity photos nor other references to Bob Lazar. Lazar alleges this is the result of the government's erasure of his past identity.

c'mon... the government changed every yearbook published... get real :D

Edited by Pax Unum

So do you believe him, or do you think he is a faker?

Faker is to nice a word... How about lying sack of crap!

and better, a critique by an /actual/ scientist -- http://www.serve.com/mahood/lazar/critiq.htm.

And Stanton Friedman is not a scientist? Please do explain... It would be more accurate to state that it is a critique from a physicist who has taken issue with Lazar's technical background and scientific evaluation of the propulsion performance operations of the flying saucers he claims to have worked on.

FYI, Stan graduated from the University of Chicago, earning a BSc (1955) and MSc (1956) degree in nuclear physics. He was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for such companies as General Electric, General Motors, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas. Most of his time in this area was focused on paper studies on projects such as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and nuclear powerplants for space.

I apologize if I seem to be being overly critical, but when you stated "and better, a critique by an /actual/ scientist" it seemed to imply that Friedman somehow didn't count as a scientist? I feel that's a rather disparaging comment. Maybe it was an honest mistake, but it's worthy of correction.

Faker is to nice a word... How about lying sack of crap!

Well, I actually kind of respect the way he pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. He got nationwide press based on some stuff he just made up, and had the balls to go through with it.

And Stanton Friedman is not a scientist? Please do explain... It would be more accurate to state that it is a critique from a physicist who has taken issue with Lazar's technical background and scientific evaluation of the propulsion performance operations of the flying saucers he claims to have worked on.

FYI, Stan graduated from the University of Chicago, earning a BSc (1955) and MSc (1956) degree in nuclear physics. He was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for such companies as General Electric, General Motors, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas. Most of his time in this area was focused on paper studies on projects such as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and nuclear powerplants for space.

I apologize if I seem to be being overly critical, but when you stated "and better, a critique by an /actual/ scientist" it seemed to imply that Friedman somehow didn't count as a scientist? I feel that's a rather disparaging comment. Maybe it was an honest mistake, but it's worthy of correction.

Whoa, dude, settle. That kind of anger works best on the CT pages. I had no desire to offend.

I don't know enough about Friedman to say. I think within the context of the thread, that whole post (of which only part is quoted), I meant exactly what you said above.

--Jaylemurph

Whoa, dude, settle. That kind of anger works best on the CT pages. I had no desire to offend.

I think you misinterpreted my correction. I am very much settled and at ease. I was not offended in anyway being that I'm not Stanton Friedman. It was simply a correction that I felt was warranted because it is a fact that is so often overlooked. I can assure you that I did not intend to come off as angry nor was I in any way. I just felt it was important to give him the credit he deserves.

I was not attacking you, I was attacking your statement. The emphasis was not directed as much to you as it was to everyone else who may pass through this thread. Friedman is a scientist by profession, not a conspiracy theorist.

That said, I had no idea Friedman was so qualified. It's a good excuse for me to find out more about him. Thanks.

--Jaylemurph

Lazar is credible, although it's stunning to digest his insider information.

You couldn't maintain such a story for decades, be harassed by the government, predict the synthesis of element 115 fifteen years in advance, be corroborated by other whistleblowers and be legit in the eyes of investigative reporter George Knapp if you're a so-called "fake" (whatever that may mean).

Bob Lazar website

Wikipedia article 'Bob Lazar'

Lazars been destroyed bye the naval intelligence,and NSA that employed him I've seen the paystubs...I hear he just wants to be left alone.

• Like 1

Lazar is credible,...

In your personal opinion perhaps, but be advised he doesn't have much in the corroboration department. Even Stanton Friedman (who publically supports the UFOs=ET space craft hypothesis) thinks Mr. Lazar is a fraud.

In your personal opinion perhaps, but be advised he doesn't have much in the corroboration department. Even Stanton Friedman (who publically supports the UFOs=ET space craft hypothesis) thinks Mr. Lazar is a fraud.

According to Dr. Richard Boylan, Stanton Friedman is a deep level operative. Unfortunately I have come to the same conclusion.

His attack on Lazar and his voracious treatment of Dr. Michael Wolf could have been related to an urge for scientific proof, but I definitely raised my eyebrows when Friedman called Air Force intel colonel Philip Corso's book "a fraud".

Friedman stems from the nuclear lobby and debunks anyone that talks of reverse engineering. His serious profile permits him to effectively hide the intent of that process: to weaponize outer space and to stage a fake extraterrestrial attack.

According to Dr. Richard Boylan, Stanton Friedman is a deep level operative. Unfortunately I have come to the same conclusion.

His attack on Lazar and his voracious treatment of Dr. Michael Wolf could have been related to an urge for scientific proof, but I definitely raised my eyebrows when Friedman called Air Force intel colonel Philip Corso's book "a fraud".

Friedman stems from the nuclear lobby and debunks anyone that talks of reverse engineering. His serious profile permits him to effectively hide the intent of that process: to weaponize outer space and to stage a fake extraterrestrial attack.

the fact is lazar has the paystubs from naval intelligence...he knows the layout of area 51...I agree friedman could be a disinformation scientist....If you dont believe the US govt can destroy your life to keep there secrets....i'd say ask bob lazar...

the fact is lazar has the paystubs from naval intelligence...he knows the layout of area 51...I agree friedman could be a disinformation scientist....If you dont believe the US govt can destroy your life to keep there secrets....i'd say ask bob lazar...

He had one rather small paystub. How can anyone verify that he knows the layout of area 51?

I think it's more likely that Lazar is a disinfo agent than Friedman is. That's assuming he isn't a complete fraud.

Lazar is credible, although it's stunning to digest his insider information.

Actually, he is most certainly not. And if you actually listen to what he is saying, you don't need much more than high school physics to peel it apart and discover that he has no clue of what he is talking about.

Best,

Badeskov

Edited for typo.

Edited by badeskov

work at area 51 is all compartmentalized...he worked on the project.. it doesnt mean he knows how it works...

work at area 51 is all compartmentalized...he worked on the project.. it doesnt mean he knows how it works...

First of all if he really was in Area 51, I doubt he would have been more than a janitor. Secondly, if you are working on highly classified projects you don't get to tell that story over and over again in the mass media; you would be picked up extremely fast. And if the US government wasn't fast enough to do it, I am sure that the Russian or Chinese Government would be more than happy to oblige. The fact that the guy is still living in his house in Nevada speaks for itself, I would say.

Best,

Badeskov

Actually, he is most certainly not. And if you actually listen to what he is saying, you don't need much more than high school physics to peel it apart and discover that he has no clue of what he is talking about.

Best,

Badeskov

Edited for typo.

Bades -

This is just one classic example of why more than some believe that UFO's are "alien" - they believe Lazar knonws what he is talking about! :wacko:

They believe that the "government" burried his background to make him look bad. I mean really, this is down right crazy. For one the Government managed to delete his pictures from EVERY PERSONS Year Book! WOW, that is some cover-up job. I mean next they are going to tell us, they erased 1,000's of people's minds and memories of him too.... The Rationalization just keep going and going and going - despite the facts that HE LIED!

I mean if a simple background check proves he's more than just liar, we show this in simple BLACK & WHITE and they denounce it as a cover-up!! - What hope do we have of a rational dialog on this?? We are dialoging w/people that choose to ignore facts and believe a scam. :blink:

Then they wonder why they are not taken seriously --- :blink:

Double post.

Edited by badeskov

Bades -

This is just one classic example of why more than some believe that UFO's are "alien" - they believe Lazar knonws what he is talking about! :wacko:

They believe that the "government" burried his background to make him look bad. I mean really, this is down right crazy. For one the Government managed to delete his pictures from EVERY PERSONS Year Book! WOW, that is some cover-up job. I mean next they are going to tell us, they erased 1,000's of people's minds and memories of him too.... The Rationalization just keep going and going and going - despite the facts that HE LIED!

I mean if a simple background check proves he's more than just liar, we show this in simple BLACK & WHITE and they denounce it as a cover-up!! - What hope do we have of a rational dialog on this?? We are dialoging w/people that choose to ignore facts and believe a scam. :blink:

naval intelligence admits bob lazar worked for them; during the years he says..research it...Im not stating his physics are all there but he worked there...as far as the government picking him up...if you know his story he went public out of fear of them....

Bades -

There are plenty of ETH/supernatural UFO believers who don't believe Lazar.

I agree that the 'true believes' are a problem, and it leads the the need for elaborate conspiracy theories to explain things. I am very skeptical when I encounter any UFO explanation that requires me to believe in an elaborate conspiracy. That includes non-ETH 'secret military craft' theories that refer to suppressed knowledge like free-energy, anti-gravity, and all sorts of things that Tesla supposedly worked on 100 years ago.

IMO, the best approach is to say there are mysterious things flying around- beyond that, nothing is 100% certain.

Bades -

Indeed it is, and luckily one of the odder and not so common ones :)

This one really baffles me. The Government is so effective in burying this guys background that he has no way of proving his credentials or that he was at Area 51. If he really wanted he could write a couple of theoretical papers and submit them for review (he doesn't need to supply credentials for that) - at least that way he could prove himself good enough for everybody else; but that doesn't seem like an effort he is willing to pursue. Secondly, we are talking about a Government that has a hard time covering up stuff up in general. I think the list of botched cover-ups is extensive enough to render the successful Lazar cover-up very unlikely. And why even bother? If the guy worked at Area 51 he would have signed numerous papers stating that he would keep his mouth shut - he spoke up and they could have nabbed him extremely fast.

There will always be inconsistencies in a cover-up and those would have been found by now, indicating that there indeed was a cover-up. But alas none has been found. But he was a very convenient character that suddenly entered the scene for the ET=UFO people, thus I am sure a few facts can be overlooked to keep him on the scene ;)

No comment ;)

Best,

Badeskov