Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bob Lazar

Michaelbuble

I am rather surprised at the hate for Bob Lazar.  I thought an still think he is a credible person. I don't know what to think about off hand allegations that he is a flat out liar or ran some mysterious brothel.... seems a bizarre thing to do. An more over if people are trying to discredit Bob Lazar, it would be more beneficial to them to run with a lie, heard by someone who heard it from someone else and then spread it in the UFO community as far as possible. 

I was skeptical about Lazar,  thing is, he isn't getting rich from his story. He isn't getting a ton of well respected fame and fortune by doing interviews. An more over he evidently doesn't have 100% support from the UFO community. I did post another topic, in regards to Bob Lazar, and I hope some will put in their opinions there on my questions because it does puzzle me.   I just find it hard to believe that Bob Lazar had some dastardly plan to be at the forefront of alien hoaxing.   What ever TV show he has, a simple website, etc. all of that is aimed at a very small niche , hoaxes tend to get boring after awhile or debunked rather fast with actual proof. Bob Lazar has for me given enough plausible information, to take it to be credible. For everyone else who is 100% against him, the proof is on them to debunk lazar completely , so if one wants to say what ever his knowledge is in science is wrong, it is up to that person to prove why and not just say, well because I got a degree in x,y,z or it is just common knowledge, but to take the time to provide the actual information that backs up the claim. to the point that all a person has to do, is click a link, that leads to a credible site an not just an opinion .  Just to call someone a liar, and then say, look it up, really doesn't back up ones argument as to a claim of someone being a fake or a liar.

Another reason why I find Bob Lazar credible, is that at one point in time, Area 51 had come under fire by whistle blowers who worked there and were suffering medical conditions,  https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/area-51-secrets-under-the-sun/2013/08/16/d9fea198-06b1-11e3-9259-e2aafe5a5f84_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.33779f90bf52  /  this is just one article, it has nothing to do with Bob Lazar specifically, but I think it does indirectly,  because these people who suffered medical problems from working there, suffered physically and were treated the same as Bob Lazar, ignored in general by society, mocked by the skeptical for  " working at a secret government base " , but yet they had the physical proof, they were suffering from it.

So then if Bob Lazar is lieing, then why shouldn't people be as harsh on these people who have made such a claim about working at Area 51 ? An start coming up with reasons why they would lie about a mysterious medical condition.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I am rather surprised at the hate for Bob Lazar.  I thought an still think he is a credible person. I don't know what to think about off hand allegations that he is a flat out liar or ran some mysterious brothel.... seems a bizarre thing to do. An more over if people are trying to discredit Bob Lazar, it would be more beneficial to them to run with a lie, heard by someone who heard it from someone else and then spread it in the UFO community as far as possible. 

I was skeptical about Lazar,  thing is, he isn't getting rich from his story. He isn't getting a ton of well respected fame and fortune by doing interviews. An more over he evidently doesn't have 100% support from the UFO community. I did post another topic, in regards to Bob Lazar, and I hope some will put in their opinions there on my questions because it does puzzle me.   I just find it hard to believe that Bob Lazar had some dastardly plan to be at the forefront of alien hoaxing.   What ever TV show he has, a simple website, etc. all of that is aimed at a very small niche , hoaxes tend to get boring after awhile or debunked rather fast with actual proof. Bob Lazar has for me given enough plausible information, to take it to be credible. For everyone else who is 100% against him, the proof is on them to debunk lazar completely , so if one wants to say what ever his knowledge is in science is wrong, it is up to that person to prove why and not just say, well because I got a degree in x,y,z or it is just common knowledge, but to take the time to provide the actual information that backs up the claim. to the point that all a person has to do, is click a link, that leads to a credible site an not just an opinion .  Just to call someone a liar, and then say, look it up, really doesn't back up ones argument as to a claim of someone being a fake or a liar.

Another reason why I find Bob Lazar credible, is that at one point in time, Area 51 had come under fire by whistle blowers who worked there and were suffering medical conditions,  https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/area-51-secrets-under-the-sun/2013/08/16/d9fea198-06b1-11e3-9259-e2aafe5a5f84_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.33779f90bf52  /  this is just one article, it has nothing to do with Bob Lazar specifically, but I think it does indirectly,  because these people who suffered medical problems from working there, suffered physically and were treated the same as Bob Lazar, ignored in general by society, mocked by the skeptical for  " working at a secret government base " , but yet they had the physical proof, they were suffering from it.

So then if Bob Lazar is lieing, then why shouldn't people be as harsh on these people who have made such a claim about working at Area 51 ? An start coming up with reasons why they would lie about a mysterious medical condition.

No, the burden is on the one making the claims.  In this rambling mess of nonsense you have not done that.

Your defense is basically; "I can't work out why he would lie, therefore he is telling the truth".  That's not an argument.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

It is not an allegation that he ran a brothel, he was convicted of it in 1990 in Las Vegas.  The fact you don't know hat speaks volumes about your research into Lazar.

Lazar doesn't get the science right and that is very troubling when he alleges to have received a MS from MIT for physics!   Even more troubling is there is no record of his having attended either Columbia or MIT.  No pictures in a yearbook, no record of him and no one knows him at the two schools.  Bob couldn't even remember the year he graduated MIT.

The people injured were hurt from burning dangerous chemicals in open pits on the base and were suing the US government for their injuries, the government didn't want to go through discovery because of the secrecy on the base but as far as I know most people were sympathetic towards their claim .  Lazar is treated with hostility because he claims he was reverse engineering alien spacecraft.  

• Like 5

@GLCsector3295 why are you beating this dead horse?  There is nothing left but bones and you have your answers so what is your motive to keep on and on? 

• Like 2

I realize now it is a dead topic, but since I was curious after seeing after what is I now realize an old video on Bob Lazar,  just for future reference , so everyones blood pressure here doesn't go through the roof. An nothing I have said is nonsense by any degree, what is nonsense is getting so upset over Bob Lazar like he personally took a p*** in your cereal.  Ya want to know what real nonsense is, wasting ones life on the UFO phenomenon , and spending years on UFO forums, an conspiracy forums and believing in the show ancient aliens, coast to coast am , alex jones and his insanity to prisonplanet forum.  What is worse is that I actually have heard of it enough to remember the names.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar#Education_and_qualifications

while wikipedia isn't this holy grail of proof that Bob Lazar is this verified liar, it shows that he has problems, that with in an of itself doesn't solidify that he is 100% lieing , a claim that he has these degrees, an they cant be verified is a problem an more troubling that he only can only claim it was probably destroyed to discredit himself.  Probably would of helped him if he had the actual diploma/ certificates what ever from the places he said he had been too, those usually require names and signatures affixed some where on the paper that could of then been traced back to the schools in question.

But his claims are not as far fetched as anyone else out there claiming to of been abducted, made contact with aliens, or have video/ photos of UFOS, plenty of politicians out there make wilder claims and get away with crimes by covering them up and claim innocence and are never caught because the proof is on everyone to prove it was covered up.

an to say I went on an on, is exaggerating , i made what ?? 1 thread, on my own, and made two or three posts here. i semi regret bringing up the topic at all now, but to see how easily the handful of responses got so upset I might come back later just to get some laughs.

Any how, i'll leave you  scholarly experts alone , for now.

@GLCsector3295 be aware that the problem is not that he has no diploma to show, but he claims to have forgotten the year he graduated, the names of fellow students, the names of professors, the classes he took, the name of his graduate advisor, copies of his thesis, the title of his thesis. Remember he would work closely with his advisor for years to get his degree. He can't even come up with a first name or nickname. He is lying.

He provides no information and the school has no information. No records of him in clubs, or the yearbook, or where he lived, or anything at all.

He claims that the TPTB have erased everything. I guess they even erased his memory. 

Is he lying about his degrees? Obviously 100% yes.

What about his work? He can't even get the basic physics right. He screws up gravity which is basic.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 11:35 PM, GLCsector3295 said:

I am rather surprised at the hate for Bob Lazar.  I thought an still think he is a credible person. I don't know what to think about off hand allegations that he is a flat out liar or ran some mysterious brothel.... seems a bizarre thing to do. An more over if people are trying to discredit Bob Lazar, it would be more beneficial to them to run with a lie, heard by someone who heard it from someone else and then spread it in the UFO community as far as possible. I was skeptical about Lazar,  thing is, he isn't getting rich from his story. He isn't getting a ton of well respected fame and fortune by doing interviews. An more over he evidently doesn't have 100% support from the UFO community. I did post another topic, in regards to Bob Lazar, and I hope some will put in their opinions there on my questions because it does puzzle me. 
 I just find it hard to believe that Bob Lazar had some dastardly plan to be at the forefront of alien hoaxing.   What ever TV show he has, a simple website, etc. all of that is aimed at a very small niche , hoaxes tend to get boring after awhile or debunked rather fast with actual proof. Bob Lazar has for me given enough plausible information, to take it to be credible. For everyone else who is 100% against him, the proof is on them to debunk lazar completely , so if one wants to say what ever his knowledge is in science is wrong, it is up to that person to prove why and not just say, well because I got a degree in x,y,z or it is just common knowledge, but to take the time to provide the actual information that backs up the claim. to the point that all a person has to do, is click a link, that leads to a credible site an not just an opinion .  Just to call someone a liar, and then say, look it up, really doesn't back up ones argument as to a claim of someone being a fake or a liar.

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/looking-at-the-bob-lazar-story-from-the-perspective-of-2018/ 

^ Here's someone who did a thorough investigation of Bob Lazar and why I realised that the new 'revelations' are not..... revelations at all...
People always say, 'why would he lie/hoax' and talk about him being sincere... He got into toruble because he made mistakes... BIG mistakes.... life changing mistakes... THAT is why he lies and his pain and anguish is REAL, that is why he seems sincere... but it's sincere regret, guilt and shame for what stupid mistakes and lies he did... NOT that he really was involved in ET stuff....

Lazar got what he wanted, his 15 minutes of fame....It should be clear to anyone looking into this it was all a big hoax....My own personal opinion is that I think he mean't well starting out but then the he could not keep his story straight and the roof collapsed.Too many holes and not enough bondo to fill them...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1