Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Mists in Your House

scousejoan

Omg no lie...yes sleep paralysis was a definate factor. Now prepare to not believe me but....on my luv for nature and mankind its true!!! I woke up w sleep paralysis and i saw this black cloud swirling i couldnt move, scream, ...it wasnt a human figure...just a swirling cloud then it came into my mouth...no lie! All i could do was hiss . the very next night same thing sleep paralysis but it wasnt black cloud...its was whitish grey and a figure standing by coffee table...ever sincethen ...ive had thoughts of hurting people and acknowledging these thoughts at same time. Craziest part of all this...experts says a cloud isnt 1 entity but several...omg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, electricbubblegumstatic said:

Omg no lie...yes sleep paralysis was a definate factor. Now prepare to not believe me but....on my luv for nature and mankind its true!!! I woke up w sleep paralysis and i saw this black cloud swirling i couldnt move, scream, ...it wasnt a human figure...just a swirling cloud then it came into my mouth...no lie! All i could do was hiss . the very next night same thing sleep paralysis but it wasnt black cloud...its was whitish grey and a figure standing by coffee table...ever sincethen ...ive had thoughts of hurting people and acknowledging these thoughts at same time. Craziest part of all this...experts says a cloud isnt 1 entity but several...omg

What experts?

If you were experiencing sleep paralysis chances are you also had a hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination.

You should speak to your doctor about these thoughts you’re having. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2007 at 3:16 PM, scousejoan said:

Hi to Everyone.

Has any one ever experienced A black mist or mass, (not a church mass.) If you have, were you asleep at the time ,and could you describe how you

felt, or what was it that awoke you.

Because it is freaking out the cat is why I have gotten woke up. But most often it's been associated with what sounds like one of our doors slamming. 

It's an uneasy feeling simetimes make me shake and panic, depending on the shape and color and or if its thick or thin. 

About 4/5 years ago we had a cat that some how mysteriously got out side during a bad snow storm in the middle of the night, it was 15 below and for a house cat that's not good.

So after not being able to find her in the house we finally looked on our security cameras to find out if she really had gotten outside, who let her out and out of what door did she exit from and what direction did she go in.

Strange as it may sound the only problem on the security cameras was the one covering the front door, a very large black mass, of what acted like a cloud came off the roof and into view covered  floated  townard the front door and blacking out our security camera.

Upon seeing this it freaked me out terribly, we searched everywhere for our cat and then we found what look to be her hit and dead on a the road, 3 houses down.  So we were sure we had lost her but still couldn't explain how she had gotten out, it was just me and my husband here and we had not opened any doors but were still trying to blame one another.

I'm not sure why but I decided to keep looking for her with Hope's it wasn't her that got hit. And on the 3rd day I found her under my neighbor's porch but she was not the same and hasn't been ever since.

Whatever she went through totally effected her.

As weird as it may sound the next day on my way to work I noticed that the cat that was hit on the road was gone and there was no sign of it ever being there...  (I inspected that cat and was sure it was her But it must not have been...  I thought we both could identify our own cat but guess not)

well anyway, we're not sure what all went on there, but it was all very abnormal! And confusing!

I have cought many things on our security cameras, white streaks running through the back yard and a dark mist thing running along side of the abandon house next door, lots of orbs and odd shapes ones too. There for awhile all of my cats sat in the kitchen window night after night at the same time every night to watch the orb show, which was all cought on the camera.

One time cought on camera what appeared to be long white floating mist thing leaving our house out of our back door very early in the morning, 

On another occasion we cought things on the roof of our neighbors house next door and one that came off the roof and floated toward our house which appeared to enter the side of our house.

We've had times that suddenly right after something strange has happened on camera out side, that our system seems to be disabled sometimes for up to 15 minutes at a time.

Our security camera company always has to replace our system and they do not know why we are going through as many as we are, as often as we are... luckily it happens so often they're always still under warranty and they always bring me a loaner : ) I've lost count on how many we've already had replaced now.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 12:33 AM, electricbubblegumstatic said:

My mom, early this year had a similar experience that went on for about 6 mos. She's known about some of my paranormal activities that have gone on and called me to seek my advice on how to get rid of it. She had a large pentagrams on a black cloth hanging in a room and a few other items that I thought was an invitation for evil. So I told her if it were me, I'd burn everything that may be inviting and do a cleansing with holy water. She did not cleanse with holy water and she was selecting only certain items to burn. That night instead of the dark swirling thing above her bed she saw instead an old witch with gray long hair, that was naked in the middle of her living room right out her bedroom door, looking as if she was giving my mom a card reading.

A few more things had happened and the swirling thing came back a few nights later. She ended up getting rid of more stuff and things improved, as far as I know the swirl thing left, she limits what info she shares with me and limits what info she allows me to share with her about things that go on in my house and with my recordings and photos and she doesnt like bringing these topics up unless she has reasons to.

5 hours ago, AnaWr said:

Debra, can you please say what city was that in? Thx.

Why are you asking? I'm not sure what difference that makes but I will tell you she lives in Michigan.

Edited by Debra F. II

• 1 month later...

I have seen black mist/black shadow child-zised figure in 100years old log-disk house in Tallinn, Estonia. i was working in there and this kind a black mist figure could capture even in day-time because i was restore this house and until we did work there, we did see a few hours per every day black mist person. exacly 2 of them. upper floor mist did look like old man with very long bread, but no face, etc(possible bread did hide his face). in first floor was like house owner sayd small girl who pass there and haunting this house, but i haven't seen a girl in there for haunting, i seen in both floors this dark black-bead shadow mist. i was lived in estonia many places, and wass even lived in one village, where most houses are abondened, because "i-don't-know" and when i was live in there i seen alot different ghosts, so i used to be with them like a couple years and when i did moved to capital city Tallinn in Estonia, i was worked like i sayd before Log-disk house. they moved between rooms and even if there was new walls up they throw it.. i wasn't afraid, nothing because i used to be with those already. i do not want to belive those figures fallow me to the city because when i did live in city, in my places they was not showed up. many sayd in this log-disk house was before and still be haunted even before me to get there. it wasnt my first working spot in this city, i been worked many places and havent see during this time any ghosts after i left abondened village. but exacly when i got there, i got warn about to be careful because this place is haunted... i was not supriced and it was like bonus for me because i was miss it already. Abondened village in estonia is located very middle in estonia. not only me seen the Shadow mist in child-zise in this log-disk house, many persons have seen them or it in this house in different times, those houses is bringed from somewhere east estonia to there and put together somewhere 1920's or 30's in Tallinn..after WW I before the WWII.  so no wonder if it is still haunted. 
about the Half-Empty Abondened Village  Koigi, middle of estonia- this area is builded up somewhere 1970'-80' during CCCP time and big apartment houses abondened and interior is sitll inside(quess how fast locals had to move out even interiors left behind with theyr own clothes, etc), i have been asked elder locals about it, nobody answers or nobody know the answers WHY. so it stays mysterious for me. i have been interested of this and checked it from google, google does not says nothing about this Koigi village(absolutly not even small clue), so i left this interesting case to behind.

On 2/26/2007 at 1:03 AM, earthchick said:

Not inside the house, but outside in our yard I have. My girls and I were sitting on a bench outside on a warm spring night, listening to the spring peepers, enjoying the night air. We were just quietly talking, when an undulating black cloud, approx. 4 feet long and 2 feet thick, floated by about 20 feet in front of us and about 3 feet above the ground. It passed in front of us and floated into the woods. We all said "What was that ??!!" at the same time. Then I said we'd better go in the house because whatever it was it gave me a creepy feeling.

Midge reproducing swarm.... probably, some of them so big that they can be seen with radar.

Edited by Jon the frog

On 12/17/2019 at 11:20 PM, Debra F. II said:

Why are you asking? I'm not sure what difference that makes but I will tell you she lives in Michigan.

..I assume there are 80% chances she lives close to the woods. 

When encountering these phenomena, the first and most important thing is to determine if they have a mundane source.  If your home has clouds of black stuff moving about in it, it may have a number of issues that aren't paranormal but are still hazardous.  Deposits of soot, mould, rising damp that coalesces into a cloud on cold nights and forms visible vapor out of your brickwork, dust faults in air vents, you name it.  It never hurts to break out the camera phone and take a shot of what is going on.  You can then show your local handyman, and he can say "yeah that's a level 3 animated torso apparition, let me get the high pressure hose" etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's usually a black mist in my kitchen when I'm cooking, plus pyroclastic flows, roilng ash clouds etc...Once I was frying some beefburgers and they began developing an ominous bulge, I think I had the heat too high which resulted in the outsides forming a hard crust and the molten core burst outwards under pressure spraying hot magma up my wall in a perfect re-enactment of Mt St. Helens.

PS I sometimes see a mist when I'm not cooking, it's just another migraine attack that I've been having for years; they vary from blurred vision to flashing lights, so in some cases that could possibly account for the "mist" that some people see.

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1

Hermaeus Mora. 

• 1 month later...

So uh, I’ve seen this thing many times. When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I saw it in the shape of my mother. I was lying in bed when I woke up to see “my mom” in the corner of my room by my door, but I also heard her and my dad talking in the living room. The creepiest part was the fact that my room was dark but “my mom” was standing in full colour.

Since then, I’ve seen/felt it on my dad’s death day for the past 2 years. It tried to enter my body.... first through my head and the second time, through my back/torso. I was scared, so I started quoting the bible, even though I’m not really religious anymore. At the time, I was unable to move, speak or blink so I screamed it in my head until it was forced out enough that I could at least whisper it aloud, and then finally, yell it. 

My best friend also sees this thing at her house, and half of the people who sleep over at her place also see it, including myself. 

It’s always a little bit different in other people’s eyes, but “black mist/fog/mass” is always the same. 

I’ve found that it’s best to ignore it’s existence. Usually, it doesn’t do anything, but if it does, you can usually feel it’s bad intentions so you can calmly leave the premises. In times where you can’t avoid it, I’d suggest turning to what you hold faith in, whether you’re a Satanist, Christian, spiritual or something else. 

• Like 1

When I dream I see people who don’t belong. They aren’t part of my dream because of there way they try to interact. Then I f them up as a defensive reflex. Example earth coffin, ice, crystal, and things like that. One time I woke up after and was surrounded by a black mist saying get off and no. It creeped off me then to the floor then exited though the wall. I’ve been dealing with night terrors since I was little, and leaned not to give into the fear. Now 2 of my nieces and nephew get them. I just wish what ever it is would stop trying to use my family as a tetra packs.

I’m still not 100% sure what the black mist is, but I’d suggest teaching all of your nieces and nephews the defensive measures you take.

Not everyone has a problem with them, but it seems to be related to family in some way. My dad saw them, and my aunt sees them in a different form. Usually it’s related to belief, but I think the black mist is it’s base form. It has appeared in every religion I’ve seen, and it takes on the form of what you fear in the religion. It has the same weaknesses as the thing it takes form of, but it also will go away if you stop fearing it, and start fighting it. I’m afraid I don’t have any permanent way to get rid of it once it’s decided on you. I’m sorry it’s started to go after your nieces and nephews, though.

I am curious about the earth coffin, ice and crystal you mentioned. What is that? Do you take control of your dreams like lucid dreams or do you practice witchery(?) in real life to the point it reflects in your dreams?

I lucid dream I sense something’s not right, dreams act a certain way. People in my dreams dont really talk, if the do don’t really make that much sense, really basic. Sometimes I get a chatty one they always trying to get me to except them. I just trap them by in casing them in earth, cement, ice in the air. Sometime I fly away or shove my hand in there chest and rip them apart with white light. Then I wake up to sleep paralysis.. My mother died a while ago and visits in dreams but I can’t touch her without white light blasting her out. I don’t like witchcraft, and don’t cast spell per say. I have tried to creat barriers in the house but that just makes it far worse for my one niece. Last time I tried she awoke to a man holding a cane with no face at the end of her bed. He was telling her it didn’t work. But he didn’t hit her like normal. I tell them not to fear them pity them, and don’t agree with them ever. Also my family’s not religious, but we believe in an afterlife. I have to, I drowned once when I was 12 and was given the choice to live or die. No one was around to save me. Well in the living world anyways. Some lady gave me the choice before I crossed the point of no return. The feeling of bliss was awesome. 

Edited by Rollo

Hmm.... most of that, I don’t know how to give advice on. But I’ll tell you right now, the black mist can become anything (like the man with a cane and no face). They also are extremely manipulative and tricky. So if it just talked to your niece but was unable to go to her, then perhaps your barrier worked and it lashed out angrily in order to trick your niece and you in order to drop the barrier?

Also, when one of my old guitar teachers used to get lucid dreams, she’d feel something was not right as well. What she would do, was enter a room and lie down on her back, close her eyes and then wake up in real life.

When I’ve had lucid dreams, they usually aren’t so creepy. Only when the black mist appears, then it’s messed up. That’s where having a strong faith or a strong will will drive it off. 

If these problems are too much for you to handle, and my advice isn’t working, then I’d suggest finding someone more reliable who can do more for you, rather than me, a random, strange teenager with a bunch of strange experiences lol. I wish you luck ✌️

On 3/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, Some_Teen said:

I’m still not 100% sure what the black mist is, but I’d suggest teaching all of your nieces and nephews the defensive measures you take.

Nothing in the supernatural world can hurt them and they can banish it with their own "power of intention" and belief system. It's all about the "intent" though.

@Piney By intent, do you mean something like “will?” Also, if that’s the case, would it not be possible for something in the supernatural world to overshadow your intent? Something like possession, or even something as weak as swaying someone’s personality bit by bit over a long period of time? 

6 minutes ago, Some_Teen said:

@Piney By intent, do you mean something like “will?” Also, if that’s the case, would it not be possible for something in the supernatural world to overshadow your intent? Something like possession, or even something as weak as swaying someone’s personality bit by bit over a long period of time? 

Exactly! Will power. 

Nope, I was raised in the "Shaman Caste" among my people and my training started at nine, forty two odd years ago. The first thing I learned is nothing is more powerful than you are and their energy all comes from you. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 2:25 AM, Some_Teen said:

@Piney (..) like possession, or even something as weak as swaying someone’s personality bit by bit over a long period of time? 

Yeah, I think that thing tried to possess you, because paralysis is associated with this phenomena, especially that it tried to enter your body..