Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires

Staari

Yeah I do. Care to come for the next one - you can be the appetizer :P

Interesting study of real vampires, also a great site for more information and to ask questions. If you chose to join please be respectful, many here are real vampires and the Admin and Mods will not tolerate accusations of insanity, liar or role player PERIOD. Honest curiosity is welcomed, but pleas read the main site before posting in the forum as your questions may have been addressed there.

Some of the responses surprised even me, most are about what I expected, but the fact that so many think it's due to chakra/ chi damage was a surprise. Perhaps because more psi than sanguinarians have responded so far.

http://www.vcmb.org/family/index.php?showtopic=6739

Edited by BlueMoods

in post katrina areas people claimed to odd men with pointy teeth @ unmarked clothing

one old lady said she saw one of these men they had a deep hollow voice & pale skin

in post katrina areas people claimed to odd men with pointy teeth @ unmarked clothing

one old lady said she saw one of these men they had a deep hollow voice & pale skin

I suppose one had sparkling blue grey eyes, blond hair and was very charming too. Please classic Anne Rice Lestat and Louie - FICTION.

I suppose one had sparkling blue grey eyes, blond hair and was very charming too. Please classic Anne Rice Lestat and Louie - FICTION.

Personally, I am a skeptic. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, just need to see it to believe it. If anything that would seem plausible or rational, a virus would explain a lot. It would make sense to me that a virus could attack a body and change it's healing abilities, longevity and craving for blood ( I would think that it would be the vitamins/minerals in the blood that were not absorbable due to the virus screwing up the body). Part of me would love to believe, as long as I wasn't dinner. To live for an extended time would be fascinating, since I could see whether humanity is going to pull itself together or destroy itself.

Personally, I am a skeptic. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, just need to see it to believe it. If anything that would seem plausible or rational, a virus would explain a lot. It would make sense to me that a virus could attack a body and change it's healing abilities, longevity and craving for blood ( I would think that it would be the vitamins/minerals in the blood that were not absorbable due to the virus screwing up the body). Part of me would love to believe, as long as I wasn't dinner. To live for an extended time would be fascinating, since I could see whether humanity is going to pull itself together or destroy itself.

LOL I won't even bother posting on the V5 virus BS that ran the gamut a few years ago. Yeah I'm skeptical of the sort of vampire you describe too. Check out http://www.sanguinarius.org read the FAQ and some of the other info there - that is what we really are. Not longer lived, not super healers none of that.

Sorry still laughing over the mess that virus idea caused "oh infect me - vamps are so cool.... blah blah blah." Thanks for reminding me how outrageous the theories can get, virus, alien hybrid, possessed by an undead vampire god LMAO.

LOL I won't even bother posting on the V5 virus BS that ran the gamut a few years ago. Yeah I'm skeptical of the sort of vampire you describe too. Check out http://www.sanguinarius.org read the FAQ and some of the other info there - that is what we really are. Not longer lived, not super healers none of that.

Sorry still laughing over the mess that virus idea caused "oh infect me - vamps are so cool.... blah blah blah." Thanks for reminding me how outrageous the theories can get, virus, alien hybrid, possessed by an undead vampire god LMAO.

I have read about porphyria. Now, that is a scientific fact. BUT, I thought more on this after I posted, and I know people would totally think I am a nutcase for believing in ghosts and psychic abilities. You never know what is possible on this planet, there are incredibly amazing phenomena around us. I will be checking out the website you posted, but, still skeptical.

I have read about porphyria. Now, that is a scientific fact. BUT, I thought more on this after I posted, and I know people would totally think I am a nutcase for believing in ghosts and psychic abilities. You never know what is possible on this planet, there are incredibly amazing phenomena around us. I will be checking out the website you posted, but, still skeptical.

Nope not a nut case - just curious, open minded and skeptical when you encounter a new perspective on a thing or concept. An yeah I know vampires are a bit hard to take as reality if all you have are the preternatural (relatively immortal) sort to base an opinion on. If it weren't me, I'd doubt it - did even after I knew it, for a long time - had to be some medical, scientific reason and some treatment a doctor could give me. I was wrong there and figuring that out opened my eyes to the fact that science can't explain everything. Still skeptical on many things, but i do know there is more to our world than we will ever understand, name and classify scientifically. I just happen to have, be whatever word you like one of those things.

Nope not a nut case - just curious, open minded and skeptical when you encounter a new perspective on a thing or concept. An yeah I know vampires are a bit hard to take as reality if all you have are the preternatural (relatively immortal) sort to base an opinion on. If it weren't me, I'd doubt it - did even after I knew it, for a long time - had to be some medical, scientific reason and some treatment a doctor could give me. I was wrong there and figuring that out opened my eyes to the fact that science can't explain everything. Still skeptical on many things, but i do know there is more to our world than we will ever understand, name and classify scientifically. I just happen to have, be whatever word you like one of those things.

I read part of the site, I am curious as how they call an empath a vampire, or did I get that wrong? And what exactly are psi vampires? It has gotten me very curious, because once I start learning about something, I want to know all about it.

Psi Vampires are the type of vampires that feed off. Of your enegry.

Take me a while to know what they where.

I read part of the site, I am curious as how they call an empath a vampire, or did I get that wrong? And what exactly are psi vampires? It has gotten me very curious, because once I start learning about something, I want to know all about it.

Crimson Angel wrote a good article on psi vampires.

What is a Psi Vampire?

by Crimson^Angel

What is a Psi Vampire?

This is an interesting question. A psi vampire is a person or thing that lacks the ability to keep or maintain his, her, or it's own energy due to a leak in their astral or soul form. Because of this leak, they lose their energy as a faster rate than a person or thing that doesn't have a leak.

What happens when you are leaking vital energy?

Well, since energy is what people use to move and do their daily activities, if there isn't enough, you tend to get tired. You start to feel run down. You can't do things you normally do. Eventually, lack of energy can make one depressed. Sometimes, if this goes on for long periods of time, one can become extremely ill, and possibly die. Energy is what all living life is made up from. Without it, nothing can survive. By the way, on a side note, most people can begin draining others if they become ill, etc., so do not automatically assume that just because you're draining others once or twice that you're a psi vamp (quote a good friend of mine).

How does someone replenish their depleted energy?

Well, for normal everyday people, plants, animals, or anything for that matter this could be as simple as eating food, drinking plenty of liquids, or taking vitamins. But for a psi vamp it's a lot harder. Picture a person eating all the time trying to replenish lost energy every minute of every day; you would end up with a nice juicy, plump person. lol. A Psi Vampire will absorb, feed, suck (whatever term you want to call it) energy from things and people around them. Sounds complicated doesn't it? Well, depending on how you look at it and how open-minded you are, it can be as easy as breathing in, or it could be just plain hard to do. It's all in the mind and how one perceives what he or she can do.

Now I know what your thinking. Yeah, how can someone take in energy without eating? Well, it is possible. Ever know someone who takes a tai chi class? Well, they teach you in any martial arts class how to take in the energy around you to cleanse your aura, calm your nerves, or to focus. Basically it's almost the same method. A psi vamp will breath it in through visualizations and other things. Take a look back at your life really quick. Did you ever come across a family member, or friend, or even a stranger that just talking to them made you feel so tired that once they left your presence you found yourself saying, "Man that conversation took a lot out of me"? In reality, these people could possibly be intentional or unintentional psi vamps. So actually, they really did take a lot out of you.

Side note: Also I want to mention that most people, whether they are a psi vamp or not, can be taught to drain others.

Are Psi Vampires Evil, Dangerous, Bad people?

Just like life, it depends on the person doing the feeding or draining. Anyone has the capability to be evil, dangerous, or a bad person. It's a person's morals and ethics that determines whether they are good, bad or evil. So psi vamps can be bad, but they can also be good people. It is their actions which makes them the person they are; it has nothing to do with psi's being a demon-creature, like much of the crap you see in movies or read about in books.

What if I think I am a psi vamp? Can you tell me if I am one?

If you believe that you may be a psi vamp, then I would recommend doing a lot of reading on the subject. At the same time, keep in mind to not believe everything you read because it can be a crock of sh**. And don't go asking or seeking out other psi's to tell you if you are one or not. Only you yourself can know and decide the true answer. That, my friend, requires a lot of soul-searching.

Source: http://www.sanguinarius.org/articles/CA_psi-vamp_info.shtml

Not every person you meet who leaves you feeling drained actually drained you, maybe it was just an intense conversation but, that gives you an idea of what it feels like when you are a donor for a psi, and yes many feed unintentionally during awakening, some I believe never realize what they are, chalk it up to chronic fatigue and bubbly friends sort of thing and just muddle on.

No an empath is not always a vampire but, the majority of vampires are empaths, why we really don't know but it seems to be a package deal. It's possible that we learn to be empaths because we key into human energy and though processes more keenly during feeding, with time that may become a natural thing for us to do, even if we aren't feeding. Never really thought about the why, more concerned with blocking it when I don't want to know but, yes it has gotten easier for me to do over the years and I have never made a point to practice, just seems natural to me.

Crimson Angel wrote a good article on psi vampires.

What is a Psi Vampire?

by Crimson^Angel

What is a Psi Vampire?

This is an interesting question. A psi vampire is a person or thing that lacks the ability to keep or maintain his, her, or it's own energy due to a leak in their astral or soul form. Because of this leak, they lose their energy as a faster rate than a person or thing that doesn't have a leak.

What happens when you are leaking vital energy?

Well, since energy is what people use to move and do their daily activities, if there isn't enough, you tend to get tired. You start to feel run down. You can't do things you normally do. Eventually, lack of energy can make one depressed. Sometimes, if this goes on for long periods of time, one can become extremely ill, and possibly die. Energy is what all living life is made up from. Without it, nothing can survive. By the way, on a side note, most people can begin draining others if they become ill, etc., so do not automatically assume that just because you're draining others once or twice that you're a psi vamp (quote a good friend of mine).

How does someone replenish their depleted energy?

Well, for normal everyday people, plants, animals, or anything for that matter this could be as simple as eating food, drinking plenty of liquids, or taking vitamins. But for a psi vamp it's a lot harder. Picture a person eating all the time trying to replenish lost energy every minute of every day; you would end up with a nice juicy, plump person. lol. A Psi Vampire will absorb, feed, suck (whatever term you want to call it) energy from things and people around them. Sounds complicated doesn't it? Well, depending on how you look at it and how open-minded you are, it can be as easy as breathing in, or it could be just plain hard to do. It's all in the mind and how one perceives what he or she can do.

Now I know what your thinking. Yeah, how can someone take in energy without eating? Well, it is possible. Ever know someone who takes a tai chi class? Well, they teach you in any martial arts class how to take in the energy around you to cleanse your aura, calm your nerves, or to focus. Basically it's almost the same method. A psi vamp will breath it in through visualizations and other things. Take a look back at your life really quick. Did you ever come across a family member, or friend, or even a stranger that just talking to them made you feel so tired that once they left your presence you found yourself saying, "Man that conversation took a lot out of me"? In reality, these people could possibly be intentional or unintentional psi vamps. So actually, they really did take a lot out of you.

Side note: Also I want to mention that most people, whether they are a psi vamp or not, can be taught to drain others.

Are Psi Vampires Evil, Dangerous, Bad people?

Just like life, it depends on the person doing the feeding or draining. Anyone has the capability to be evil, dangerous, or a bad person. It's a person's morals and ethics that determines whether they are good, bad or evil. So psi vamps can be bad, but they can also be good people. It is their actions which makes them the person they are; it has nothing to do with psi's being a demon-creature, like much of the crap you see in movies or read about in books.

What if I think I am a psi vamp? Can you tell me if I am one?

If you believe that you may be a psi vamp, then I would recommend doing a lot of reading on the subject. At the same time, keep in mind to not believe everything you read because it can be a crock of sh**. And don't go asking or seeking out other psi's to tell you if you are one or not. Only you yourself can know and decide the true answer. That, my friend, requires a lot of soul-searching.

Source: http://www.sanguinarius.org/articles/CA_psi-vamp_info.shtml

Not every person you meet who leaves you feeling drained actually drained you, maybe it was just an intense conversation but, that gives you an idea of what it feels like when you are a donor for a psi, and yes many feed unintentionally during awakening, some I believe never realize what they are, chalk it up to chronic fatigue and bubbly friends sort of thing and just muddle on.

No an empath is not always a vampire but, the majority of vampires are empaths, why we really don't know but it seems to be a package deal. It's possible that we learn to be empaths because we key into human energy and though processes more keenly during feeding, with time that may become a natural thing for us to do, even if we aren't feeding. Never really thought about the why, more concerned with blocking it when I don't want to know but, yes it has gotten easier for me to do over the years and I have never made a point to practice, just seems natural to me.

What I find strange, is that some of the features that are claimed on the site are to be vampires, yet witches claim to have some of the same "gifts". And then we have the Indigo children who are also "special". If I look at all these, I could fit into categories of each one. Are we too involved with labelling? Maybe humans need to remind ourselves of what we were before science came along and told us what is possible and what isn't possible. Maybe somethings jsut cna't be explained. I don't know, on overload of information.

What I find strange, is that some of the features that are claimed on the site are to be vampires, yet witches claim to have some of the same "gifts". And then we have the Indigo children who are also "special". If I look at all these, I could fit into categories of each one. Are we too involved with labelling? Maybe humans need to remind ourselves of what we were before science came along and told us what is possible and what isn't possible. Maybe somethings jsut cna't be explained. I don't know, on overload of information.

The ONE thing that makes us what we are is NEED vs. just ability, skill and/or desire. Anyone can learn energy work, anyone can drink blood if they want to. There are empaths, mediums, telpaths that are not vampires. Vampires can be any spirituality or religion.

Many of what you call gifts are simply common with us in addition to being vampires, same as our common dietary problems. Coincidence or actually related, I'm not sure but, the majority of us are lactose intollerant and are empaths. Photosensitivity is common. Yeah there is a ton of information on us but it's things most posess - bottom line no need=not a vampire.

The ONE thing that makes us what we are is NEED vs. just ability, skill and/or desire. Anyone can learn energy work, anyone can drink blood if they want to. There are empaths, mediums, telpaths that are not vampires. Vampires can be any spirituality or religion.

Many of what you call gifts are simply common with us in addition to being vampires, same as our common dietary problems. Coincidence or actually related, I'm not sure but, the majority of us are lactose intollerant and are empaths. Photosensitivity is common. Yeah there is a ton of information on us but it's things most posess - bottom line no need=not a vampire.

That makes more sense to me, the needing part. But, amybe I just need to bend my mind around some of this info. Suppose someone "needed" something, but didn't know, just felt that something was missing or wanted, but not what? How do you figure it out?

I think this whole thing is absurd. If I have an overwhelming desire for chocolate, am I some kind of chocopire? It's just wrong to take a compulsion or obsession and try to turn it into a "lifestyle" or even the whole sanguinarian thing where these people claim they can digest a pint of human blood unlike the rest of humanity. It's just talk, and hype. There is no physical evidence for any true vampirism, only so-called psychic vampires, and people who have a compulsion/obsession/desire to ingest human blood.

I am a chocopire.

I am a chocopire.

LMAO So is my fiance`- and a vegipire

I think this whole thing is absurd. If I have an overwhelming desire for chocolate, am I some kind of chocopire? It's just wrong to take a compulsion or obsession and try to turn it into a "lifestyle" or even the whole sanguinarian thing where these people claim they can digest a pint of human blood unlike the rest of humanity. It's just talk, and hype. There is no physical evidence for any true vampirism, only so-called psychic vampires, and people who have a compulsion/obsession/desire to ingest human blood.
hey I think mr gumby might just be a Vampire...hmmmm- anybody Vampire? hmm? Edited by Barek Halfhand

hey I think mr gumby might just be a Vampire...hmmmm- anybody Vampire? hmm?

No Barek, wouldn't say vampire - vamp will suffice I do believe. (kidding) I really do wish I could push myself into vamping out, then project in every skeptic out there for just an hour. It would open a few eyes to say the least.

now people harp on about if vampires are real, but every vampire, werewolf, witch, nd anything else myth all has roots in scientific fact of when the myth started, mind you i cant think of any off hand hehehe but i know there are some especialy for the werewolves, but i tend to belive that there is more on heaven and earth than what we see, as soo many things go unanswered, but if you can find proof then good for you and if you cant then its not entierly a lie!, but thats just my view

I know a man that can drain one's energy just like one of those Jedi/Sith ability. We called it Energy Leeching and here in my country, this practice somehow grow bigger as this was proven to be unharmful to the victim. This practice was declared one of the most efficient self-defence and most of the practicioners are carrer women or housewives, due to their vulnerability to crime. I've tasted this method myself: Just a moment before I attack the person, I feel really tired, nearly fainted as if my energy was sucked.

I think this is what I'd call a Psi Vampirism or I'll call it "Leeching".

Hah, there was an...incident of sorts that was actually recorded over some online forums (this one included, how do you think that I found it) and it resulted in the banning of several people. Many people believe that vampires exist. the thing to remember is that Vampire, in its true meaning, whether or not they ever existed, is not this...Bela Lugossi stylized, romantic portrayal, with white skin and red eyes. Actually, come to think of it, the true meaning of the word describes something with RED SKIN and WHITE EYES...imagine that! Anyhow, they do not simply suck blood, they eat flesh and such. There are multiple creatures like this, and they are typically categorized as vampires. Technically this word has only one definition. A more true portrayal would be what you may have seen in films such as White Zombie or Dawn of the Dead...yes, that last one is actually a near-perfect example of how they [supposedley] act.

Sleeping in a bed at night, dreaming without fear, Creeping through the town in fright, always drawing near.

From the tombs, down by the lake, they come to homes, the flesh to take, Always hunting, without tire, always watch for Vampyre.

-Lin, Vrajitoare of Wednesbury

Hah, I cannot help but to feel that I am walking the same path as those three people...made no better considering as said events occcured on this message board only a year ago. Coincidence, I would hope.

Hi BlueMoods,

I've been reading through this thread and find it fascinating stuff....I have to say though, that being a Sanguinarian sucks (pardon the pun).....I don't understand why someone would choose to do this as opposed to have a real need for it....I don't think this lifestyle is a walk in the park.....

What I wanted to ask you and forgive me if it's been asked before, :

a) Do you have to/want to pay your donors and if not, what do they get out of this experience (apart from cuts and bandages)....

B) How old were you when you first realised you felt this need and did you know what it was or how to explain it ??

c) Is this a hereditary trait, are you aware of other family members with the same need ?? Have you 'come out' to your family and what do they say??

d) Finally, how long can you have the same donor (providing they meet all the criteria) and how many times/places can you cut them before infection or a deep scar occurs ??

If it's too personal, please feel free to PM me...... :)

Thanks

Mum

Edit : I don't know why the smiley face is in place of B)....

Edited by MUM24/7

Capoeiranger, what you describe does sound like psi feeding. I'd have to talk with the people doing it more to even dare guessing if they are vampires or not. "leeching" as you call it can be learned by anyone. It is a skill and, while the practice may have begun with the psi vampires, it is not exclusive to them. As I've said before, the big difference between simply having the skill and being a vampire is need - not all who can drain energy need to do so.

Chamus, that is one of the many mythological and fictional definitions but, yes in the truest sense a vampire is more than a sanguinarian or psi is. More than anything, we have acquiesced to being called vampires mostly because it's more convenient than arguing the point and explaining what we are, also because saying you are a vampire generally leaves people at best thinking it's just a phase or choice. For those who don't want to come out of the coffin, it helps them remain secretive - even if a friend tries to out them. (And yes we paraphrased 'come out of the closet)

Mum24/7, No we don't pay donors to feed us. I make a point of buying diner, drinks or just spending time ding things my donor enjoys as a way of emphasizing a thank you but, even that is not required. What a donor gets from the experience varies with each donor and vampire. Of course close friendship, a sense of giving a gift and the gratitude returned by the vampire. With most there is a strong emotional connection, even love regardless of gender. For many it's also erotic in nature - I think we all feel that aspect but, it is a personal choice between vampire and donor to act on that or not. Some, especially young or new donors get a charge out of thinking they are privileged to be a part of what is, for the most part, a secretive and closed community.

As with most, I awakened in my late teens, not that I had a name for it or was willing to accept it, but I felt the need and, in retrospect, that incident with a friend on a camping trip was a result f being in deep need - I was 17 at the time. I did hide it for years, how was I going to tell my family what I didn't understand and couldn't accept? I tried to hide it from everyone - including my first wife. I didn't come out of the coffin until about 15 years ago. That was also when I really accepted it myself, and except for testing if a new theory that might hold water comes up, quit looking to medicine and psychology for answers. I decided that anyone who was friend, family or regular associate was going t know the truth - consequences be damned. I was tired of the lies, games, excuses I was having to make just to hide one aspect of who I am. Fortunately I also decided I was not going to be ran off or ostracized for being open. It took a few years, and still I do get a bit of, well if not hatred - a serious lack of acceptance, from a few here but, I live openly and don' t make false excuses if I'm not comfortable doing something because I am a sanguinarian. Away from this community, yes I do hide it, I'm not willing to go completely public :)

No one else in my family is a sanguinarian that I know of but, it isn't something that would be recorded with family history. Genetics is actually the latest theory I'm pursuing. Mostly the delta 32 mutation, but I had a full DNA profile ran last week when I went to my doctor for blood tests. I specifically asked that the lab note any abnormalities, no matter how insignificant it might seem. If there is something unusual then the problem becomes testing others for the same.

Some of us have the same donor for 30 years or more. Many struggle to even find a donor. Moving and/or risky behavior will cause us to lose a donor. As with anything that breaks the skin, cutting does leave scars. How much of that and where is up to the donor. For those that draw with a needle it's less noticeable. I won't cut the same place more than once a month and every six months I try to get my donor to chose a new area entirely. Depending on the person and how they heal and care for the cuts as to how bad the scaring is. With a person that heals well and the best care scars are minimal and fade entirely in a few years. Infection should never happen, that's where safety and sanitary precautions come in - crucial. I have never had a cut on my donor get infected and the only time I have had an infection from feeding another is when I was drunk and let one bite. That did get infected, not severely but enough that I decided to take oral antibiotics as well a use tropicals. Needless to say also required I get a new blood test and not feed directly from the cut until I'm cleared there. Also means I have to use condoms with my fiance` for a while.

I was hoping this thread would die somewhere around page 3 but seeing as it hasn't I might as well post. Some of this might be me just restating my position but I might as well type it all out again and perhaps add to my previous ramblings.

Ok let me start by stating what I feel this so called blood drinking vampirism is. The following is a series of events that I can see easily happening and to me is a nice sound theory. Any ways I believe all this vampirism starts with a specific type of pica. Pica being a disorder where the person craves and eats non-food items though it can sometimes be for strange food types. Ever heard of a kid that ate paint chips? Perhaps someone who eats their hair or something? Thought so. I will admit the specific causes for developing a pica seem to be unknown but three theories that I think apply here are dietary deficiency, response to stress, or a biochemical/neurological imbalance. Before anyone in particular says "I've been tested for all that and all the tests were negative" let me continue. What times in a persons life is their system stressed out and their biochemical balance is all thrown off? Puberty, when they are pregnant and menopause. Of course the latter two are female specific but they are two times when pica can be found in someone with no previous history. Puberty on the other hand is something we all go through. Males and females. As I stated before I guessed that this "awakening" that everyone talks about does most often coincide with the onset of puberty. I do not believe this is a coincidence at all.

We are all aware of seemingly how easily teenagers going through puberty can develop one disorder or another. For good or bad we are all realizing just how many pubescent teens have eating disorders, cut themselves, pull out hair or have some other issue going on. Now it is debatable that maybe all the press on this has caused it to happen more often but lets leave that for another discussion. Even if it has been blown out of proportion and increased by media coverage on it there are still a good number of people that develop such disorders with no outside influence. If such eating disorders and self mutilation disorders can develop why cant a specific type of pica develop? I don't think that is to far of a stretch. Of course the specific pica in question here is hematophagy(drinking/eating of blood). I don't think there is a medical distinction between drinking human blood or blood of other critters.

Now we have a pubescent teen that develops this pica what do they do? Well if we use the eating disorder/self mutilation as bench mark this teen does not run off to their parents or doctor asking for help. They often suffer in silence or force a few select friends to keep some really difficult secrets. Now with the invention of the internet this teen goes and googles their condition. Of course they bring up the medical web sites or journals or whatever and read about how dangerous it is, how bad things can get and how to ask for help. Does this teen follow the advice and ask for help? Perhaps right away, maybe after a long time of dealing with on their own or maybe never. Now barring anyone finding out about this little hobby and intervening what happens next? In this teens mind, like most, this disorder is not seen as such. It is thought of as a necessity. Something they have to do and is right in their mind. (Yes I have experience with this personally. There is nothing as disturbing as hearing a dear friend say "but I need to cut myself". Trust me on this one. At the time I would have preferred they wanted to drink some ones blood but I'm rambling...)

Ok now this teen develops the disorder. It grows and becomes a need in their mind and something that must be done for vanity, stress management or whatever. We also know that teens hate being alone. Despite how much they want to be an individual they also want to fit in a be accepted by a group of peers. Its easy to fit in if you want to be a member of a common group. Want to be a jock? Play sports and work

out. Want to wear dark clothes and mope around? Go shop at Hot Topic(ok leave all comments about Hot Topic and what not to the other vampire thread) Want to be one of those ditzy skinny blond clones? Bleach your hair, throw up after every meal, shop at the mall so you can look like every one else and use the work "like" as if it were a comma. Want to drink and be accepted? Umm...now what? Once again here comes the internet to the rescue. Now they find other people who (insert pica here) and claim to have some fancy super powers that might go along with it. Bingo now we have something this teen can latch on to. What better way to make this teen believe they need to hang on to and embrace this pica then to tell them they are special, this is normal and that those evil lying scientists/doctors will put you on meds or in a padded room if you bring this to their attention. We have everything this teen longs for all rolled into one. Being special, being accepted, being understood by fellow peers and rebelling against the powers that be(in this case doctors/scientists). This teen couldn't be anymore hooked if they drank the proverbial kool-aid.

Now things start to get fun. Now it starts to grow. Now its normal to eat/drink(insert substance here). They start to read about how these neat superpowers. They start examine their own life and try to find these abilities in themselves. Now coincidence becomes evidence. Delusion becomes reality. Our teen feels more and more special. All sorts of things can happen. They start embracing this reality and they move this from the internet into real day to day life. They look the part and act the part etc etc . They try and develop their superpowers. Alot of things can happen. Most importantly though the pica continues and grows. What happens to something you do over and over again and fully accept as normal? It becomes habit and habit becomes addiction. Most often when you're not looking. Especially if its linked in with dopamine in the brain which pica is theorized to be. (Yes I'm restating the addiction argument again. Anyone who would compare the feelings of withdrawal to the feelings that those who drink blood start feeling when they don't drink a pint can see the correlation here. Same exact feeling? I think so.)

Now our teen is not a teen anymore by this time. Maybe they are but puberty has long passed so why are they still eating (insert)? The above mentioned addiction thats why. Our teen has embraced this as reality and normal. They are addicted to their little pica and it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. The underlying cause of the pica may have passed. Puberty ended and their system is back in balance and that part of them is normal but the pica remains. Possibly remaining because its not neurological. Perhaps just all out addiction. Either way our teen continues growing up. Maybe now they want to stop just giving science and doctors the finger and really give them something to wonder about. Our teen goes to the doctor on their own and lays out their reality to the doctor because they are so confident in this being fact. The doctor(at least the one that doesn't refer them to some shrink right away) runs some tests. No biochemical imbalance. No dietary deficiency. No physiological reasons for this pica at all. Nothing scientifically provable. Why wasn't our teen tested when there was a chance of finding the imbalance during puberty? Because they didn't talk to mom and dad remember? Young children don't often have the means to go see the doctor on their own. Even if they did the doctor cant run test and that without the parent. If the parents could be brought in and if tests can be ran at the right time I think they might just find something that needs sorted out. Just a thought. Any ways our now grown up teen has tests with negative results and by eliminating anything physiological only one thing remains. Its all in their head.

They go see a psychiatrist or the like. I'm sure sessions are scheduled and things are looked into. Perhaps meds are prescribed. Only problem is this is an addiction now and perhaps not just a pica. Getting a little confusing aint it? Meds have side affects and other things can happen. This puts our grown up teen against taking the pills if they even took them at all. Don't you remember the super powers others in their group claim? If evil science cant prove these powers they accept as reality how can they prove this person needs to eat their (insert)? Maybe our teen has embraced the idea that this weird stuff they ingest holds some energy their body needs to function and that they are deficient in. Now we are venturing off into hoodoo voodoo land where no science is welcome or accepted. There is a chance negative test results even enforce the idea that this is magic energy based in origin. Who knows. Now we end my little story here. Our teen has grown up. Is still an active member of their pro pica community. Still holds on to delusions. Stills wanders this world in fog like false reality that blurs any truth that comes their way. They believe it through and through. Then they help some innocent little kid that wonders into their realm and the cycle starts anew.

I really and truly think this is what has happened to some/most people who claim themselves to be vampires. I haven't touched on all the points Id like to or elaborate as much on the ones I did. This thing has gotten long enough and I still have things to type about here.

I'm thinking the delta 32 mutation that gives some hemophiliacs immunity to HIV because they don't have the receptors in thier cells to allow it to enter. Every record of it I can find is in hemophiliacs. Theoretically it protected people from the bubonic plague as well. It affects blood somehow, what if more than just hemophiliacs can have that mutation? So have my own DNA tested for it, if positive, Ill need to pay for any sanguinarian I know to have the same test. What if all are positive - a new direction to look, and maybe a scientific reason, if not a complete answer as to why it affects us. Just theory, and a long shot at best but, so is anything else we try.

And please if you are engaged in blood letting in any way, don't go running with this one.

Bluemoods I know you mentioned it was a long shot but I highly doubt the Delta 32 mutation has anything to do with this. I don't see how one gene mutation could cause all the things you and others have claimed here. It changes one thing and thats about it. Thats the receptors you mentioned. Perhaps if the urge to drink blood was more common in hemophiliacs but I haven't found anything that states this as a symptom. I have done previous research into clotting disorders having Von Willebrand disease myself and being the only male in the family and history of to have the disease. I have never ran across anything that states that those with clotting disorders or the like could develop the needs to drink blood. Often times with the picas I mentioned that even if its a mineral/chemical deficiency that is the underlying cause often times the person isn't eating something that contains what they are deficient in. Its weird like that. Also if your community is as large as you have stated surely there have been some members that have contracted an HIV infection? Your statement that no one should run with this idea is a good one. This could be potentially dangerous.

I do have a question. Your claim that given a thousand people you could find two of your kind in there somewhere? Is this something that the internet has brought about? Meaning if you didn't have the internet and have people communicating with you over it would you claim such high numbers? I'm just curious.

Yeah I get a bit defensive when you tell me it's a choice - the heck it is. We don't make choices that can destroy what is most important to us, bring discomfort, ridicule or bring us to our knees hating what we are going through. High time a few of us blew that desirable bit out of the water.

SA, I do agree, not a choice and not always good, but there are enjoyable aspects, I'd be a fool and a liar to deny I love the sensual side of feeding.

People think it is a choice when things like your sensual mention above come into play. You can also admit that people do make choices that will destroy what is important to them. That happens every day somewhere in the world. People make choices like this all the time and bring much pain and suffering into the lives of those around them. This is why people can easily see blood drinking as a choice. Worse choices have been made by many.

You know, I find it laughable when this is supposed to be an actual intelligent talk on vampires...yet I see ridiculous amounts of jeering and snickering.

As for all you armchair experts and naysayers, I feel sad for you. The arrogance of science and the assumptions of the closed mind is the disease you suffer from. You go to no places, you look in no dark corners. It is the comment of a sorry mind to adamantly say that we know all of what lurks out there beyond the firelight. In truth, most of us don't know and don't want to know. Your minds would crumble and shut down if you encountered any real sort of supernatural creature, which is why reports are never really heard...aside from the fact that people will laugh, jeer or come up with some so called scientific explanation that is ten times more far fetched then what the original claim was.

Disbelieve or Believe all you want, but never call bull unless you yourself have gone digging for the truth and gotten your hands dirty.

-The Crimson-

Some of us have dug into these things and have come out of it with these mindsets and thoughts. Not every one here is an arn chair expert. Assuming all of us just sit back and shoot down ideas with no knowledge or rational thought behind it is not very wise. There are those of us that do want to know. To gain as much knowledge about all aubjects we can before we die. Our minds are open to many things but when nonsense comes around you cant expect us to accept it. If accepting any lame brained half baked idea that comes along is the definition of an open mind I would like my mind arc welded shut.

My own findings and research on the immortals I will not speak of, most would think me mad. However I will say this. True vampirism, not these gothic kids who get fangs to rebel against their parents or poor folk who use the tales to make themselves feel better about the mediocrity of their lives, is something that is not a choice.

What findings and research? Please post what you have found about these immortals as you call them. We wont think you all that mad really. Putting this super secret you cant handle the truth stuff up for an excuse just will not do. Please post what you have. There have been people here claiming more far fetched things than immortal vampires.

now people harp on about if vampires are real, but every vampire, werewolf, witch, nd anything else myth all has roots in scientific fact of when the myth started, mind you i cant think of any off hand hehehe but i know there are some especialy for the werewolves, but i tend to belive that there is more on heaven and earth than what we see, as soo many things go unanswered, but if you can find proof then good for you and if you cant then its not entierly a lie!, but thats just my view

I think most myth comes from misunderstanding things or exaggeration. Its not just a basis in scientific fact.

I know a man that can drain one's energy just like one of those Jedi/Sith ability. We called it Energy Leeching and here in my country, this practice somehow grow bigger as this was proven to be unharmful to the victim. This practice was declared one of the most efficient self-defence and most of the practicioners are carrer women or housewives, due to their vulnerability to crime. I've tasted this method myself: Just a moment before I attack the person, I feel really tired, nearly fainted as if my energy was sucked.

I think this is what I'd call a Psi Vampirism or I'll call it "Leeching".

Im not going on about psi-vampires here today but is there a chance you just psyched yourself out? I have heard of no one applying such techniques on the street as it were. Sure all things are nice and easy in the classroom. There is a good chance that since you knew this person claimed such powers you felt them just because you thought you were supposed to not because he has such a power. Just some thoughts.

Anyone think this post is a little long? Yes I know. Sorry.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin A.