Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK doubles naval presence in Persian Gulf

Shinedown

For all you anti-war people, looks like UK is going to follow us into a war with Iran if we do attack.

Britain’s senior naval officer in the Persian Gulf has revealed that Royal Navy deployments in the region have doubled since October in a build-up that matches the rapid escalation of American maritime firepower.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...25/ngulf125.xml

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• british_patriot

• Shinedown

• EmpressStarXVII

• Unlimited

Top Posters In This Topic

*scratches chin* Maybe thats why they are pulling their troops out of Iraq? Why do you want war with Iran? Sorry if that is not what you really feel, but it just comes across that way.

*scratches chin* Maybe thats why they are pulling their troops out of Iraq? Why do you want war with Iran? Sorry if that is not what you really feel, but it just comes across that way.

Depends really.... :innocent::yes::tu::w00t::no::P:blink:

Edited by Shinedown

Why would the UK send in their old frigates and mine-sweepers. Not state of the art stuff.

Type 22 Broadsword class frigates were built in the 1980's and all but four remain. The rest were scrapped or sold to third world countries. Maybe, they expect to be attacked, and due to their age....wouldn't be great losses. But would provoke the full might of the Royal Navy. Just a thought.

Depends really.... :innocent::yes::tu::w00t::no::P:blink:

Hmmm, well, I guess the slew of smilies went right over my head because I don't get what you're saying? What does your wanting war with Iran depend on?

we have neither the abililty or political will to follow the US into another war

we are not a superpower

Why would the UK send in their old frigates and mine-sweepers. Not state of the art stuff.

Incase they get scratched. :D I agree with what u say here:

Maybe, they expect to be attacked, and due to their age....wouldn't be great losses. But would provoke the full might of the Royal Navy. Just a thought.

Full Broadside!!!!! Oo ar'

This reminds me of the quote "The British military is a lion lead by jackasses". I don't remember who said it.

This reminds me of the quote "The British military is a lion lead by jackasses". I don't remember who said it.

We probably said it our selves!

We probably said it our selves!

arent the british people sick of bush and his wars?..I heard chirac was gonna be the new lapdog... <_<

It's pretty insulting calling 60 million British people, Americas "Lapdog"