Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swiss troops marches into tiny Liechtenstein

Caesar

"ZURICH, Switzerland - What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.

According to Swiss daily Blick, the 170 infantry soldiers from the neutral country wandered 2 kilometers (more than a mile) across an unmarked border into the tiny principality early Thursday before realizing their mistake and turning back.

A spokesman for the Swiss army confirmed the story, but said that there were unlikely to be any serious repercussions for the mistaken invasion."

Source MSNBC

OMG what a mistake lol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• The Silver Thong

• jesspy

• BabelPlatz

Top Posters In This Topic

why do i think this is funny

but yeah lucky nothing bad came out of it

Hmm...I've never heard of such place.

Liechtenstein is the fourth smallest country of Europe

whats the smallest is it luxemburg or somethig

The headquarters of The Knights of Malta in Rome has diplomatic relations with several nations. And at 1/5th of an acre and 9 residents is concidered the smallest country with diplomatic relations.

Edited by Birmingham

Vatican City I think

You are correct :tu:

Having the military and any military at that, make a mistake, unheard of ;)

I remember playing quiz game and that question often came up :lol:

I remember playing quiz game and that question often came up :lol:

:lol: me to, I play trivia pusuit :w00t:

I think it was on Jeopardy. but thank god those troops didn't march into Vatican City, they probably would have destroyed the place! :lol:

AS A CITIZEN OF THE GREAT, PROUD AND SOVEREIGN STATE OF LICHTENSTEIN I SPEAK FOR MY NATION WHEN I SAY THAT WE ARE UTTERLY OUTRAGED BY THIS CALLOUS, UNPROVOKED AND BLOODY ATTACK AGAINST THE PEACE-LOVING PEOPLE OF LICHTENSTEIN. WE CANNOT TOLERATE SUCH AN INSULT AT THE HANDS OF THE FRANCO-HUNIC HORDES OF SWITZERLAND!

FOR TOO LONG WE HAVE TOLERATED THEIR OPPRESIVE YOLK, THE TIME FOR ACTION HAS COME: A CALL TO ARMS OH SONS OF LICHTENSTEIN! WAR HAS COME TO US -WE SHALL BURY THE SWISS UNDER THEIR VULGAR MOUNTAINS AND WAVE OUR PROUD FLAG IN THEIR BURNT CITIES AMIDST THE RUINS OF THEIR FINE HIGH-END WATCHES, HOLEY CHEESES, AND HIGH YIELD YET LAISSEZ-FAIRE BANKING PRACTICES!!!

GOD IS WITH US LICHTENSTEIN!

i had no idea this country existed. It should be annexed to Germany or Switzerland, its like a town.

AS A CITIZEN OF THE GREAT, PROUD AND SOVEREIGN STATE OF LICHTENSTEIN I SPEAK FOR MY NATION WHEN I SAY THAT WE ARE UTTERLY OUTRAGED BY THIS CALLOUS, UNPROVOKED AND BLOODY ATTACK AGAINST THE PEACE-LOVING PEOPLE OF LICHTENSTEIN. WE CANNOT TOLERATE SUCH AN INSULT AT THE HANDS OF THE FRANCO-HUNIC HORDES OF SWITZERLAND!

FOR TOO LONG WE HAVE TOLERATED THEIR OPPRESIVE YOLK, THE TIME FOR ACTION HAS COME: A CALL TO ARMS OH SONS OF LICHTENSTEIN! WAR HAS COME TO US -WE SHALL BURY THE SWISS UNDER THEIR VULGAR MOUNTAINS AND WAVE OUR PROUD FLAG IN THEIR BURNT CITIES AMIDST THE RUINS OF THEIR FINE HIGH-END WATCHES, HOLEY CHEESES, AND HIGH YIELD YET LAISSEZ-FAIRE BANKING PRACTICES!!!

All hail Liechtenstein!! its about time they teach the Swiss how Liechtenstein deals with treachery!!!!

Not like they could do anything about this "invasion" either...

Military - note: defense is the responsibility of Switzerland

Source

Not like they could do anything about this "invasion" either...

Military - note: defense is the responsibility of Switzerland

Source

SWISS OPPRESSION!

DOWN WITH HELVETICA!

There must be somthing they can do.

With a bit over 33,000 people if the Swiss really wanted the chunk of land, there wouldn't be much they could really do.

Though that link said a lot of workers go to Germany for work so perhaps the Germans would get involved?

I doubt it'll ever go that far. It's just like any other nation having an accident. Not like it was the Korean or Israeli border that was accidently crossed. The US has done it to Mexico plenty of times and Mexico returns the favor.

Lichtenstein cannot defend against hordes of cheese filled soldiers wielding precisely made pocket knives with built in scissors and toothpicks. Avoid the bloodshed and give up now.

oh the end of times is upon us, Switzerland has begun world domination!

There must be something to handle this Swiss. perhaps the U.N. can put a stop to this aggression. someone needs to teach Switzerland how the world deals with bullys. they should be pulled out of the ground like a weed and thrown into the trash. may other nation always remember this act of of the evil Swiss!!!

Go get 'em Tiger...

And kick one of their supposed 'neutral' butts for me... :)

place the swiss between two peices of bread, place in frying pan and lightly brown both sides, don't forget the butter. Yummm

OMG ! the swiss are on the move !--where is the mighty FRENCH !--cheeze-fight !!! __LOL

I remember a few years ago Liechtenstein were playing England at football.....it was bizzare because Liechtenstein and England have the SAME tune for their national anthem. :blink: