Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Um, What is going on?

PlasmaFighter

Okay, frogs dieing out , thousands of bees and fish mysteriously dieing, tasmainian devils getting tumors, icecaps melting and polar bears and penguins dieing.....

What the FRICK is going on?

Global warming is a load of %$&$, so it can't be that.....

Any ideas?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Raptor

• Wolf MacCanine

• Waspie_Dwarf

Global warming is a load of %$&$,

The world is heating up, it's an absolute fact.

The only aspect being disputed, is whether humans are the cause or not.

Edited by Raptor X7

Okay, frogs dieing out , thousands of bees and fish mysteriously dieing, tasmainian devils getting tumors, icecaps melting and polar bears and penguins dieing.....

What the FRICK is going on?

Global warming is a load of %$&$, so it can't be that.....

Any ideas?

Yes, the icecaps melting might be a bit of a clue... GLOBAL WARMING.

Global warming is a fact. Whether it is man made or not is another matter, that is what is in debate.

Some people don't even believe it is really happening let alone whether we are causing it or not.

Personally, I do believe the world is heating up, until the vast majority believes it though, it will never get better :(

Personally, I do believe the world is heating up, until the vast majority believes it though, it will never get better :(

Even if the majority did believe it, with the general attitude among people today the only thing on most peoples minds would be convenience, and how they can make profit.

Even if the majority did believe it, with the general attitude among people today the only thing on most peoples minds would be convenience, and how they can make profit.

I am doing it..............Hahahahaha

With my powers.

*jumps out window*

Or how much of an inconvenience it would be to change their ways.

Too many would not want to give up their "creature comforts" for the sake of helping a greater cause,figuring that everyone else should do so and not themselves.

You forgot about the missing honey bees. And the instability in the world a la wars. And emerging virus....chemical warfare....nukes......oh it's a pretty world we have...huh?

You do realize most of us will be dead in 5 or so years...right?

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Or how much of an inconvenience it would be to change their ways.

Too many would not want to give up their "creature comforts" for the sake of helping a greater cause,figuring that everyone else should do so and not themselves.

Ya know.. I just read an article about how to build and make your home "eco friendly" and you really would not be giving up all those creature comforts... just useing different materials along with building your house in such a way that would work with nature. Inclueding ways to build your home without clear cutting the lot and useing the trees to help warm your house in the winter and shade it in the summer.. And if you build your house along the coast, it gives tips on building it in such a way that it'll collect the summer coastal breezes to help cool the place down so you won't need an AC... And then if you live in a cold winter area, how to build it to collect the sunlight so that it warms the house up so you don't have to depend on the heater all to much.

Let's see... Here we go!

Now it's just a matter of continueing to be lazy... or actually do the little things that can help your house and it's use of energy.

Ya know.. I just read an article about how to build and make your home "eco friendly" and you really would not be giving up all those creature comforts... just useing different materials along with building your house in such a way that would work with nature. Inclueding ways to build your home without clear cutting the lot and useing the trees to help warm your house in the winter and shade it in the summer.. And if you build your house along the coast, it gives tips on building it in such a way that it'll collect the summer coastal breezes to help cool the place down so you won't need an AC... And then if you live in a cold winter area, how to build it to collect the sunlight so that it warms the house up so you don't have to depend on the heater all to much.

Let's see... Here we go!

Now it's just a matter of continueing to be lazy... or actually do the little things that can help your house and it's use of energy.

Oh...there's plenty of ways to help cut down on the pollution and over-consumption of resources and still manage to have comfort.The problem lies within the people who think "Oh...that's too much for me to try to do",and those who think "Oooh...that'll probably cost me a bundle to do that".Then there are those who say "I really don't have time to do anything".

But,making the home eco-friendly is only one step that people could do.Another is to plan things so that you can do more in one trip in the car,instead of wasting fuel and adding to the air pollution.This will also save some wear & tear on the vehicle,as well as save time.Also,if the weather is decent and you don't have to go pick up a lot of stuff from a place within a couple of blocks from home...try walking there & back instead of driving.

There really are a lot of things that people can do...but they all need to quit claiming a *need* to continue what they've been doing,and start changing their ways.

You do realize most of us will be dead in 5 or so years...right?

get a sneaking suspicion that might not be so far off at all. maybe sooner, maybe later, but statistics says it's a matter of when, not if... (guessing just a lil later, depending... all it takes to change the world is 1/2 second)

wrong forum I realize, so just ignore me but... imo much of it has to do with "unseen" forces interacting with physicality. Call it waves/particles/fields, spirits/powers/principalities... radiation from the sun(s)... whatever. These types of "unseen" forces, in a linear progression through time to an apex of a conclusion, at least for life "As We Know It".

get a sneaking suspicion that might not be so far off at all. maybe sooner, maybe later, but statistics says it's a matter of when, not if... (guessing just a lil later, depending... all it takes to change the world is 1/2 second)

wrong forum I realize, so just ignore me but... imo much of it has to do with "unseen" forces interacting with physicality. Call it waves/particles/fields, spirits/powers/principalities... radiation from the sun(s)... whatever. These types of "unseen" forces, in a linear progression through time to an apex of a conclusion, at least for life "As We Know It".

Oh why don't you play some REM while you're at it ;P

• 2 weeks later...
Some people don't even believe it is really happening let alone whether we are causing it or not.

Some people also believe we never landed on the moon ;)

Sadly a lot of reports say it is too late. The world as we know it will change, many species will die, but new ones will replace them... Still very very sad.

Well stated RX7.

For years all i've heard and read is that humans are to blame then later it's just global weather changes/pattern that occur every so many years, no wait it's the El Nino effect...then back to humans and so on.

Maybe it's Sitchin's planet X :huh::unsure2:

Global warming has been happening since the Ice Age. It seems everyone forgets that it was hot before we got here, and it's going to get hot again. It's natural... the earth is going back to the way it was before that fricken asteroid hit.

But that doesn't mean we didn't push it along. :huh:

I really don't know my opinion yet, I just have uneducated thoughts about it. :)

I blame the Communists :tu:

DO you guys think the world has always been perfect. The earth has been through many mass extinctions and catastrophes. Although humans might be aiding the things going on right now, most if it is just part of the cycle that has gone on for millions of years.

just as the post before me had said. the earth has it's own cycle maybe this is one of many pre-resiquite that the earth is undergoing right now to naturally heals itself. maybe we are heading to an ice age. *preparing my winter clothes* better prepared than never. ^^