Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great ghost documentary

flyinghigh23

Hey all, here's a probably the best documentary I've ever seen with actual footage of poltergeist activity caught on tape. I think it's 40 minutes, so allow yourself some time to watch it. Let me know that you think. Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...hosts&hl=en

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flyinghigh23

• Episteme

• AmantdesEtoiles

• sheleven

Hey all, here's a probably the best documentary I've ever seen with actual footage of poltergeist activity caught on tape. I think it's 40 minutes, so allow yourself some time to watch it. Let me know that you think. Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...hosts&hl=en

I watched a few seconds of it. Is this the one with the girl at the table who keeps getting pulled back, and with the guy who almost gets hanged? If so, that is a good one. Pretty wild stuff.

I watched a few seconds of it. Is this the one with the girl at the table who keeps getting pulled back, and with the guy who almost gets hanged? If so, that is a good one. Pretty wild stuff.

Yep, that's the one! You watch a lot of documentaries, I think you replied to my other doc posting :lol: It is good. I particularly like the one video shot of a glass of water moving across the table, then the typewriter turning on its own, and then the chair pushing back. Creepy stuff, had to stop it and watch during the day. :w00t:

I'm not sure on the whether or not I can believe the san pedro one, but all the other footage was amazing...especially the poltergeist activity with the chair and the sheetrock.

I'm not sure on the whether or not I can believe the san pedro one, but all the other footage was amazing...especially the poltergeist activity with the chair and the sheetrock.

Which one what the san pedro one again? Yea, the chair and the sheetrock video were really really amazing!

Saw this before.Its the best ghost doc i have seen.The house at the beggining is creepy.Red goo is oozing from the walls and a man goes into the attic and is strangled by an unseen force.

IMO, that's the lamest thing I've ever seen. He gets 'strangled' by what amounts to a piece of thread. Everytime I see it I think ghosthunting gets set back to the dark ages.

I have seen this one a few times, parts I liked, other parts I laughed.

IMO, that's the lamest thing I've ever seen. He gets 'strangled' by what amounts to a piece of thread. Everytime I see it I think ghosthunting gets set back to the dark ages.

:yes: I wasn't too impressed with that one, seemed too much like acting to me.

The chair one didn't really do it for me either. If the mom didn't have her hands and foot on the chair, maybe, but she could have been tilting it herself. It would have been awkward, but still possible with a little practice.

I liked the orbs in this video... I think it was this one, the family that had moving orbs on video in the basement? Nobody ever quote me saying that, please? :whistle: I tease, but it's one of the only "orb" pieces I've seen that keeps me from discounting orbs entirely. That and eyewitness accounts.

I have seen this one a few times, parts I liked, other parts I laughed.

:yes: I wasn't too impressed with that one, seemed too much like acting to me.

The chair one didn't really do it for me either. If the mom didn't have her hands and foot on the chair, maybe, but she could have been tilting it herself. It would have been awkward, but still possible with a little practice.

I liked the orbs in this video... I think it was this one, the family that had moving orbs on video in the basement? Nobody ever quote me saying that, please? :whistle: I tease, but it's one of the only "orb" pieces I've seen that keeps me from discounting orbs entirely. That and eyewitness accounts.

I know what you're saying about the chair, but the mom isn't actually touching it in the beginning and it still moves. Then, when she is touching it, she barely has her hands on it. I don't know about that one- I think it would be hard for her to lift it like that on her own.

Edited by flyinghigh23

That part was a little hard to believe, I agree. He could have just put that around his own neck..who knows?

I know what you're saying about the chair, but the mom isn't actually touching it in the beginning and it still moves. Then, when she is touching it, she barely has her hands on it. I don't know about that one- I think it would be hard for her to lift it like that on her own.

You're right, it had been a long time since I'd seen it so I just went back and watched it again. There was more to it than that. Here are the reasons I find it silly:

Ed and Lorraine Warren - I don't put too much weight in their former "investigations". They loved the hype and seemed more interested in selling books then providing solid evidence to their claims. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that sceptical, but some of their biggest critics are solid ghost hunting groups.

The angle - The whole view of the table isn't shown, there's a big white tablecloth obscuring the chair, quite a bit there we can't see in that shot.

The attitude of the Mother and child - No matter how much this family has been dealing with, who would sit calmly doing their homework while their chair was shaking wildly being moved by "unknown forces"?

Now I may be in the minority here, but if I were trying to prove my case and was in a house where things like that were happening I would be sure to get it right. Considering the behavior of the mother and child (as if this happens all the time), if this were genuine they should have no problem getting the exact same thing to happen again with better angles and no tablecloth. TAPS would. :yes:

I must've seen that one about 1997 or so. It looks really dated now. I do like the story of the old mansion in Greencastle, Indiana though. Too bad they tore it down.

You're right, it had been a long time since I'd seen it so I just went back and watched it again. There was more to it than that. Here are the reasons I find it silly:

Ed and Lorraine Warren - I don't put too much weight in their former "investigations". They loved the hype and seemed more interested in selling books then providing solid evidence to their claims. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that sceptical, but some of their biggest critics are solid ghost hunting groups.

The angle - The whole view of the table isn't shown, there's a big white tablecloth obscuring the chair, quite a bit there we can't see in that shot.

The attitude of the Mother and child - No matter how much this family has been dealing with, who would sit calmly doing their homework while their chair was shaking wildly being moved by "unknown forces"?

Now I may be in the minority here, but if I were trying to prove my case and was in a house where things like that were happening I would be sure to get it right. Considering the behavior of the mother and child (as if this happens all the time), if this were genuine they should have no problem getting the exact same thing to happen again with better angles and no tablecloth. TAPS would. :yes:

You're right, the fact that they don't show the whole table is odd, and I don't know how they were so calm either. It's good to have a healthy dose of skepticism. I always try to believe things with a lot of questions first.

• 2 weeks later...

The one where he goes into the attic and comes back down in a panic with something around his neck seemed a bit unreal. We only ever have their word for it that something happened, it reminded me a lot of Most Haunted.

I suppose because photos and videos can be "doctored" it really is hard to believe a lot of what is shot.

B) I recall they had on tv about this lady who lived in a house in San Pedro,California who had a problem with a ghost.And Yes one of the researchers or photographers went into the attic and was almost hung by the ghost.But that's all I remember about the case.

• 1 month later...

I watched this last week in the middle of the night, all the lights out and it scared the crap outta me.

No doubt the guys in the attic at the start was a fake but geez that shot of him taken in the dark with the rope around his neck...aagh.

The tablecloth was very suspicious but those photos of the figure at the window of that old place that was later knocked down are bloody good.

Yes, the photos of the ghost in the window were really good, what about the mist that seemed to fly past as well.

What creeped me out was the Australian band shooting the video and there's that guy in the background watching... errrrghhh I didn't like that at all (even though I know it could just have been someone there and not paranormal at all) the thought of them being watched like that creeped me out.

Very nice documentary you found. Educational, yet creapy. :P

JJO

Edited by JJO

• 5 years later...

Paranormal Witness have done some redos of past stories already talked about, but they do very well at visually presenting the situation. I cant get enough of the paranormal, if anyones got some rare documentaries or something for me to watch , ive trying to find something i havnt seen, i know theres still lots out there but sometime i judge by the cover and miss them.