Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Tourist vows to film an Tasmanian tiger

12 posts in this topic

UM-Bot

user posted image rA German tourist who claims to have photographed a Tasmanian tiger, solving one of Australia's enduring wildlife myths, said on Friday he had returned to the country to video the animal and end doubts over his find.

The Tasmanian Tiger, or Thylacine, was a striped, wolf-like native mammal which was hunted to extinction by European settlers. The last one died in a zoo in 1936.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

Krayt12

Wow, i hope they do still exist, i've never seen a real Thylacine before!

Aaron Whisman

I've actually never heard of this creature..TO WIKIPEDIA!

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

A$25,000 for pictures of a supposed creature. Must be nice! All these stories of chasing Tasmanian Tigers are almost like hunting for Bigfoots or the Lock Ness Monsters. The only upside is we know Thylacines existed before. It would be something if come to find out they managed to survive.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Mysterious Molecules

Interesting. I'd love to see the alleged pics the german took. A shame they can't be found.

It's a very special animal. Like a rare mix of dogg/kangaroo/zebra/fox/tiger. Check out the vids of the live one on youtube.

I do hope and BELIEVE it's safe and sound far out in the woods away from human civilisation and guns.

Edited by Ykaedhi Aewee

*Quinn*

I'd be less likely to believe it, if it weren't for the fact a species of duck was found a few weeks ago that was previously thought top be extinct. I think they thought it was extinct for at least 20 years before finding it again.

That being the case, I suppose it's possible for a tasmanian tiger to still exist. It'd be great if they did.

dr mabo

Tasmania is 40% national parks mostly wilderness zones which are completely inaccesable by humans due to the extremely thick bush. most of the sightings are not reported due to the inability for the environment to cope with potential tourists looking for them, even the hiking tracks have limeted numbers allowed. i have lived in tassie for a few years and many people believe they still exist with most locals knowing of sightings. i am about to embark on a 2 week hike in tassie where i hope to witness a live thylacine.

Edited by dr mabo

Donnie  Darko

Good Luck Dr Mabo, hopefully you are able to spot one. Safe journey. :)

tigger

they're dead.. the last one died in a hobart zoo.. and there hasnt been a reliable sighting since. much like many of the so called cryptid sightings. (and yes i do know that the thylacine is not a cryptid)

danielost

Interesting. I'd love to see the alleged pics the german took. A shame they can't be found.

It's a very special animal. Like a rare mix of dogg/kangaroo/zebra/fox/tiger. Check out the vids of the live one on youtube.

I do hope and BELIEVE it's safe and sound far out in the woods away from human civilisation and guns.

it wont be if it is proven to be alive.

Habitat

There have been plenty of sustained attempts to find them still alive in the bush, the old story that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence applies, but I would think you really would need to have seen one to bother searching.

xYlvax

Well as fruitless as the search probably will be, let's hope he'll film them anyway. :rofl: