Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Request On Links

Loonboy

[blue]I just wanted to suggest something.

We all post links at some point usually because either another page is related to the point we are making, or the point we are making is based on the link.

What I don't like is simply a link as the whole of the thread. It's lazy. (and I have been guilty too)

When posting a link could we write a brief synopsis and then the link, so we know what we're getting into?

No offence caused, but sole links do my head in.

[/blue]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

• Magikman

Fair enough, i'm normally guilty of this when i find an interesting link whilst i'm at work - i don't always have have the luxury of time to do so, but that doesn't mean i can't go back later and modify my post when i do get the time

LB,

???  I'm a little confused, as I don't recall anyone posting a link in a thread without there being some kind of indication as to what the reference was. Stuart did post one a week or so back that had to do with the World Cup, which may have been a little confusing, otherwise I can't think of any others. Do you have any other examples? I tend to be pretty brief in my descriptions also, although I'd like to believe I post sufficient information to explain its purpose.  :-/

Magikman

[blue]

Admitedly, this is something which has improved lately, but going back a month or two we had a few.

Here's one example (and don't think that I'm getting at one sole person... I'm not, it's just an example of the sort of thing I'm talking about):

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=unexplainednews;action=display;num=1015775282

[/blue]

hmm, well the title was quite decriptive, not a huge amount you could add bar repeating the title over or starting to type out the article.