Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People with true psychic abilities.

PsycSci

I’ve been reading the posts on these forums for the past few months, and there is something that is really bothering me.

Firstly, I honestly believe that humanity does have the capability to do great things with their minds (i.e. psychic abilities, ESP, telekinesis, etc.) but there are so many people claiming to have these abilities but yet they have no knowledge of anything, some can’t even do the basic things such as spell or have proper grammar.

Extra-sensory mental abilities would require a great deal of mental control and extreme concentration. These factors go hand in hand with knowledge and learning. If someone hasn’t mastered their own mind to learn the basics (such as understanding math, science, physics [or even just correct spelling], and learning to retain information to build memory and concentration) there is no way their mind is strong enough, or knows enough to have psychic abilities.

It is sad to see that even in today’s society with all this information at our disposal very few have time to (or have the love to) really master knowledge and learning. Of course many people’s lives have been preoccupied with work and money as a means of survival that they can’t devote their time to learn the things they should know.

For example what is the difference between someone who’s never played baseball and a pro baseball player? Nothing except time commitment, practice, and mastery of the basic baseball skills. To master the basic skills the person has to learn the basic theories and devote the majority of their time and effort into gaining the knowledge that is needed.

Just like every person has the potential to have psychic abilities the same could be said about baseball (that is if they have no major physical handicap).

For my personal interest (non-officially) I have been researching psychic phenomenon for more than 15 years now (and yes I am a scientist at a university, and no, don’t always believe those that say scientists don’t believe in psychic phenomenon because I personally know many that do) and I have found some very interesting factors when it comes to people that have actual psychic abilities.

The first, and probably the most important, is the fact that those with actual psychic abilities do not want to gain profit from the abilities, such as selling books, selling merchandise, or gaining fortune by being famous. Such psychic people believe that their abilities are a gift and are not meant to be a money making issue. Some within this group tend to want seclusion and don’t want attention, for what ever reason. So you can easily weed out the real from fakes just by seeing if they sell anything or if they are selling themselves (or simply want attention by wanting to be special).

The second factor seems to be IQ score and general overall knowledge. Of those with actual abilities their IQ scores tend to be above 114 (with none being below 109) and have excellent general knowledge (to the point that most would be considered genius). Memory and concentration abilities are also tied in with this, with many having very above average memory recall abilities (which explains why they have excellent general knowledge over a multitude of subjects). Personally after knowing some of these people I would call them very intelligent (and wise). (The large majority practice their abilities several hours a day, and devote many hours not only reading novels but textbooks for fun, and it appeared to me that many took learning very seriously and attributed their psychic abilities to their knowledge).

The third factor is tied in with the physical aspect. Many become physically and mentally exhausted after using their abilities (which caused by extreme concentration, focus, and overall use of their brain during those times). It is assumed because their minds are so exercised with knowledge that they have complete control over their basic mental faculties that it appears to shift control into the subconscious as well.

The last factor is that these actual psychic people are a very small percentage of the population. (I assume this is due to the fact that the large majority of the general population has very poor general knowledge, lower than normal IQ scores, and take knowledge and learning as punishment and willingly avoid anything to make themselves smarter).

So as you can see when I read a post from someone who claims they have abilities that are psychic in nature and they can’t even spell, I immediately know this person is not being truthful. Perhaps if they picked up a novel or a textbook once in a while and actually learned something, and exercised their brains in the extreme they could develop their abilities. So lets face it, if a 12th grader knows more than you do I absolutely doubt you have any extra-sensory abilities (since you primary-sensory abilities are non-existent).

The second thing that really bothers me is these people posting their so called psychic abilities on YouTube and other video forums. I have only seen two videos on YouTube that I can say it is highly likely this person has psychic abilities, the rest are all fakes. First clue, not working on glass tables and having an glass enclosure that shows everything around. Second clue, working with all metallic materials (easily manipulated with magnets). Third clue, having to touch objects extensively before hand (to attach invisible threads) and needing to move the hands in order for the object to move (again because of invisible threads) a real psychic doesn’t need to use their hands because the abilities are based in the brain and mind, not hands. The last clue is zooming in so close that you have no idea what other apparatus are around that are controlling the movement.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puridalan

• emily77

• Agent. Mulder

• Virtual Particle

I’ve been reading the posts on these forums for the past few months, and there is something that is really bothering me.

Firstly, I honestly believe that humanity does have the capability to do great things with their minds (i.e. psychic abilities, ESP, telekinesis, etc.) but there are so many people claiming to have these abilities but yet they have no knowledge of anything, some can’t even do the basic things such as spell or have proper grammar.

Extra-sensory mental abilities would require a great deal of mental control and extreme concentration. These factors go hand in hand with knowledge and learning. If someone hasn’t mastered their own mind to learn the basics (such as understanding math, science, physics [or even just correct spelling], and learning to retain information to build memory and concentration) there is no way their mind is strong enough, or knows enough to have psychic abilities.

It is sad to see that even in today’s society with all this information at our disposal very few have time to (or have the love to) really master knowledge and learning. Of course many people’s lives have been preoccupied with work and money as a means of survival that they can’t devote their time to learn the things they should know.

For example what is the difference between someone who’s never played baseball and a pro baseball player? Nothing except time commitment, practice, and mastery of the basic baseball skills. To master the basic skills the person has to learn the basic theories and devote the majority of their time and effort into gaining the knowledge that is needed.

Just like every person has the potential to have psychic abilities the same could be said about baseball (that is if they have no major physical handicap).

For my personal interest (non-officially) I have been researching psychic phenomenon for more than 15 years now (and yes I am a scientist at a university, and no, don’t always believe those that say scientists don’t believe in psychic phenomenon because I personally know many that do) and I have found some very interesting factors when it comes to people that have actual psychic abilities.

The first, and probably the most important, is the fact that those with actual psychic abilities do not want to gain profit from the abilities, such as selling books, selling merchandise, or gaining fortune by being famous. Such psychic people believe that their abilities are a gift and are not meant to be a money making issue. Some within this group tend to want seclusion and don’t want attention, for what ever reason. So you can easily weed out the real from fakes just by seeing if they sell anything or if they are selling themselves (or simply want attention by wanting to be special).

The second factor seems to be IQ score and general overall knowledge. Of those with actual abilities their IQ scores tend to be above 114 (with none being below 109) and have excellent general knowledge (to the point that most would be considered genius). Memory and concentration abilities are also tied in with this, with many having very above average memory recall abilities (which explains why they have excellent general knowledge over a multitude of subjects). Personally after knowing some of these people I would call them very intelligent (and wise). (The large majority practice their abilities several hours a day, and devote many hours not only reading novels but textbooks for fun, and it appeared to me that many took learning very seriously and attributed their psychic abilities to their knowledge).

The third factor is tied in with the physical aspect. Many become physically and mentally exhausted after using their abilities (which caused by extreme concentration, focus, and overall use of their brain during those times). It is assumed because their minds are so exercised with knowledge that they have complete control over their basic mental faculties that it appears to shift control into the subconscious as well.

The last factor is that these actual psychic people are a very small percentage of the population. (I assume this is due to the fact that the large majority of the general population has very poor general knowledge, lower than normal IQ scores, and take knowledge and learning as punishment and willingly avoid anything to make themselves smarter).

So as you can see when I read a post from someone who claims they have abilities that are psychic in nature and they can’t even spell, I immediately know this person is not being truthful. Perhaps if they picked up a novel or a textbook once in a while and actually learned something, and exercised their brains in the extreme they could develop their abilities. So lets face it, if a 12th grader knows more than you do I absolutely doubt you have any extra-sensory abilities (since you primary-sensory abilities are non-existent).

The second thing that really bothers me is these people posting their so called psychic abilities on YouTube and other video forums. I have only seen two videos on YouTube that I can say it is highly likely this person has psychic abilities, the rest are all fakes. First clue, not working on glass tables and having an glass enclosure that shows everything around. Second clue, working with all metallic materials (easily manipulated with magnets). Third clue, having to touch objects extensively before hand (to attach invisible threads) and needing to move the hands in order for the object to move (again because of invisible threads) a real psychic doesn’t need to use their hands because the abilities are based in the brain and mind, not hands. The last clue is zooming in so close that you have no idea what other apparatus are around that are controlling the movement.

you make a very good arguement ...but when u said that people who play sports ..become good by devosion .and all the...well yeah but at the same time if ur bron with an abilitie to play baseball and you are only focused on baseball odds are you will become great in it...but at the same time ..all his time is goin into baseball..most baseball players dont know hoe to read ..some basketball player also ...so their just like us...its called an abilite ..something that you as a person is able to do...you can do it..like even learning to walk...now someone one learning to walk more than likely is a 1 to 2 year old child and Im sure they did not come out knowing how to walk but some catch on a whole lot faster ...now ..that does not mean..they should have known how the foot works or ..how gravity works...they just know or learn or...like u said practice...we all practice. I practice with my abilties almost everyday...yeah I cant spell to great but ..I know my down falls and I also know what Im capable of...sometimes things are not as hard as you may think....ya know

An excellent post, this mirrors my feelings when reading this forum almost perfectly. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that some of these people, if they really do have abilities, choose to seclude themselves. I agree that there's no need for these individuals to immediately exploit their abilities in an attempt to get rich, but it seems that so much debate could be put to rest if they simply decided to come forward and be tested.

Maybe it would settle debates but, I for one have no desire to be a lab rat beyond the med tests I request for another reason. Even following a theory on my own is trying. Come out and admit you are anything but "normal" and the accusations fly. I try to openly speak of myself and others like me only to get more accusations and ridicule than honest questions - and you wonder why so many hide? It is not enjoyable knowing the truth and having even science in general dismiss you as a fraud, lunatic, role payer, occultist etc... instead of taking the time to consider maybe they don't have the answer(s) or data to explain it but, it is still real and it may be just a matter of better testing methods and better technology to find the data.

As for me, I'll keep the rest of my secrets to myself, the bit I have discussed here is enough, too much for many to even consider. I'm content knowing I'm not the only one.

So, basically.. what you're saying is, people who can't understand key concepts such as Math, Physics and Science... lack the ability for excessive concentration?

Maybe it would settle debates but, I for one have no desire to be a lab rat beyond the med tests I request for another reason. Even following a theory on my own is trying. Come out and admit you are anything but "normal" and the accusations fly. I try to openly speak of myself and others like me only to get more accusations and ridicule than honest questions - and you wonder why so many hide? It is not enjoyable knowing the truth and having even science in general dismiss you as a fraud, lunatic, role payer, occultist etc... instead of taking the time to consider maybe they don't have the answer(s) or data to explain it but, it is still real and it may be just a matter of better testing methods and better technology to find the data.

As for me, I'll keep the rest of my secrets to myself, the bit I have discussed here is enough, too much for many to even consider. I'm content knowing I'm not the only one.

Right, and the fact that everyone with these "abilities" seems to have the same incredibly selfish attitude that you do leads many people to believe they simply don't exist. If these powers existed, surely someone would have taken a stand against whatever adversity they may face for the purpose of creating a better world by now.

For my personal interest

Sir, can you include in your research that you don't need to be a scholar to have psychic ability?

Being psychic or a healer is of the same level. They have something within themselves that researchers

knows nothing about. And it's a secret. Thank you.

I dont believe you need to be extremely smart to be able to accomplish phsycic abilities. Just achieve a deaper level of concentration. I myself have had moments of phsycic phenomena. and I dont consider myself extremely smart. But im not going to go into that because I may be shunned and its better to keep those types of things to myself.

But I would like to say at one point I came here to tell some of my stories and people automatically thought I was lying, and all I wanted was some advice and some impute. Not a bunch people telling me that im lying when I know for a fact that im not.

Right, and the fact that everyone with these "abilities" seems to have the same incredibly selfish attitude that you do leads many people to believe they simply don't exist. If these powers existed, surely someone would have taken a stand against whatever adversity they may face for the purpose of creating a better world by now.

If you read some of my other posts you will see that I do try to be open on two subjects and, the reactions, yes I tolerate the snide comments and accusation on those but, if you think I'm going into more details of what I may or may not be, you are mistaken. I have my havens both on and off line as do most who are outside the norms society expects. Some here are honestly curious and willing to consider the possibilities, those I enjoy discussing nearly any subject with, even if they never believe me. Honest questions and doubts expressed well show respect, consideration and an intelligence some seem to be lacking. Obviously some of the things posted here warrant no more than a simple "I'm not buying that."but, many are possible, some I doubt but still worth learning about, I could be wrong and knowing of it may aid me someday.

Selfish, no I don't think I am that. Protective and defensive of my own - very much so. Here I am more relaxed than in my havens - visit even the one I posted a link to in another thread and you will find a group outside the norms, many of whom are psychicly gifted in various ways. You will also find no tolerance for disrespect or accusation of insanity, lies, role playing and, that is one of the less harsh sites.

Join us on what you would consider hard core sites, the password protected, invitation only sites and we have no tolerance for anything from a seeker except the utmost respect and courtesy. Come along when I'm with friends and you will see a group that accepts far more than most and for us it is normal. You'll see few if any major arguments, plenty of intelligent debate over theories and concepts from the everyday to all aspects of the paranormal. Ask PsySci, it sounds like he has enjoyed that a few times and no doubt seen the reaction to unacceptable comments made by "normal" people who happen to be around at the time :)

The thing most seem to miss is that for us empaths, mediums, skilled energy workers, seeing auras, telepathy, less often various kennisis ARE normal. Nothing unusual about asking a laughing person why they are so depressed or commenting on an unusual aura, talk of the nature of souls, past lives, demons, shadow entities, and more. I'd love to see more of that here. Question, doubt, disbelieve all you want but don't rule it out offhandedly, disagree respectfully and with good reasons - even if personal - to back up your disagreement. Personal experience says a lot, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it's not real for those who have, even when science has no proof.

Hello everyone.

Hello PsicSci and welcome to the forum.

I read your post and agree with some of what you've written.

Spelling is the first thing we'll just have to agree to disagree on. LOL! I am a notorious 'bad speller' I'll draw a mental blank on the proper spelling of a simple word but spell correctly a complex one. I bless the day they came up with spell check. Spelling is a learned skill and improves with practice. Reading does increase the ability of sight recognition of words but doesn't automatically enable people to spell correctly. Spelling may also be associated with accents. Here is an interesting article http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vivian.c/Writ...ellingStrop.htm .

A lot of my family members had no higher than a fifth to eighth grade education but could tell you a lot about farming and reading the signs of nature, animal husbandry etc. So it's in my opinion how the mental ability of a person is applied not where.

I do agree with you that it is sad that a lot of people do not enjoy reading or think of education as a chore. I do blame most of the lack of interest for that on schools, American schools or at least the one I went to was a boring horrible experience and that was just the teachers, not to mention all the tensions associated with growing up. Out of twelve years of school I can think of only two teachers that I felt I learned from. My parents read and if it hadn't been for them I wouldn't have enjoyed reading either.

I don't have an issue with psychics taking money. It's for their time not their gift. I do believe that they shouldn't charge an extreme price for the service. No more than getting your car tuned up or your hair cut or the cost of a good meal. Why should their time be less valuable because it came from as yet unknown source. It's still a service that they perform. Whether an individual gets a 'real psychic' or just a show you still had a service performed for you.

Most people who do have the some form of psychic ability tend to keep a low profile like Bluemoods stated and I second that. Depending on the manifestation of their 'gift/s' there is a tendency towards shyness and or seclusion not because the individual is maladjusted but because being different places you at odds with society which tends to require sameness. Some fear being a lab rat or physical harm depending on where you're from.

IQ's unless they have changed the standard tend to be structured toward white middle to upper class males, who have a text book education and is not structured toward life experience or other acquired knowledge. A textbook centric view would then tend to dismiss psychic abilities of a preindustrial or nonindustrial culture.

However your views are interesting and I look forward to reading your posts.

Mabon.

The thing most seem to miss is that for us empaths, mediums, skilled energy workers, seeing auras, telepathy, less often various kennisis ARE normal. Nothing unusual about asking a laughing person why they are so depressed or commenting on an unusual aura, talk of the nature of souls, past lives, demons, shadow entities, and more. I'd love to see more of that here. Question, doubt, disbelieve all you want but don't rule it out offhandedly, disagree respectfully and with good reasons - even if personal - to back up your disagreement. Personal experience says a lot, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it's not real for those who have, even when science has no proof.

Agreed.

So, basically.. what you're saying is, people who can't understand key concepts such as Math, Physics and Science... lack the ability for excessive concentration?

You thought that bit was a little excessive too? We dont ALL have to be college professors to be psychics... And riddle me this PsycSci, how can children all the way up till 10, 11, and 12 years of age have psychic abilities? They certainly dont know the levels of physics, math, or science that you are explaining.

I agree with you BlueMoods. When I started to get interested in the topic I simply wanted to find out if such abilities existed. I never wanted to (even now) know why or how it happened, just if it is possible.

Initially I was skeptical, but as the years went by I noticed that some of the things that the people were able to do was statistically impossible if it was chance. I do have to say though over the 15 year period out of the 500 or so volunteers that claimed they had abilities, 80% ended up showing no psychic abilities at all (and some of those I would definitely have to say were very mentally disturbed). But those 20%, all I have to say is wow. There are two individuals that stood out over all others. They were the only ones in the 15 years that actually showed telekinetic abilities. It was small but it was statistically (and physically) impossible and they were the ones that hid their abilities from everyone the most (except to immediate family) due to the fact that they held very major career roles and did not want to be ridiculed.

To answer “Alienated Beings” question, the two with the telekinetic abilities scored above 130 on the IQ test, and consistently excelled on other mental aptitude tests (they also happened to be the most educated, if that meant anything I can’t be certain because no one studies psychic phenomenon greatly enough to have all the answers). Now I am not saying with a definite emphasis that someone with average IQ cannot have greater psychic abilities (it would be statistically possible) it is just that out of all the volunteers that I have personally studied, they showed a positive trend with psychic abilities and IQ score (and general knowledge). The higher the mental ability showed a higher trend for greater psychic abilities.

For example, the 20% that showed that they indeed had psychic abilities, all of them had the ability to influence a random event generator to some extent. (Again, the higher the mental ability score, the stronger the influence on the generator). The people with the lower IQ (and general knowledge) scores on average had stats that were 60:1 odds against chance, the ones with the higher IQ (and general knowledge) score on average had stats that were 21,000:1 odds against chance (which is a major significant event).

To Mabon and others. Yes, true, this falls into general knowledge and how you use your mind. Someone may not be formally educated but they may use their mind extensively (such as you stated Mabon, seeing and knowing to read nature and see the patterns, in a sense you taught yourself biology and physics by observation) but that shows a high usage of thought, logic, and memory, but who is to say that you don’t have a high IQ? There are many that have high IQ’s but aren’t (or weren’t able to) get formally educated.

IQ is simply a measure of mental potential, nothing else.

This goes for children as well. They may have high IQ’s. Their general knowledge and formal knowledge may not be there, but that doesn’t mean their IQ isn’t high (in fact with psychic kids, I would say they are most likely to have higher IQ’s than normal and it would most likely carry on into adulthood). I personally would have to say that children would probably be able to develop psychic abilities more easily than adults because learning and knowledge potential is greater in kids.

As for the money part, many of the volunteers felt very negative towards so called famous psychics and those that profited from their abilities. A lot of them said they are the reason there are so many skeptics when it comes to psychic phenomenon (and I have to agree) and that many simply take advantage of people in times of need (again something I believe as well). I guarantee this though, take one person who says they’re a psychic and hide their abilities and another that’s says they’re psychic and make money off it, and I will definitely show you one person that’s telling the truth and one that’s a complete liar.

PsycSci, I'm curious, did you work with any energy manipulators who had no other ability? If so could they significantly affect the random generator? I frequently deal with those who claim to manipulate electronics as they do biological energy but, much of it could be a fluke or just coincidence. Energy manipulation can be, in fact any finesse at it is learned, so could anyone learn to do that and skew the tests? Appear to have real psychic ability when it's only manipulating the electronics in the room?

As for the money part, many of the volunteers felt very negative towards so called famous psychics and those that profited from their abilities. A lot of them said they are the reason there are so many skeptics when it comes to psychic phenomenon (and I have to agree) and that many simply take advantage of people in times of need (again something I believe as well). I guarantee this though, take one person who says they’re a psychic and hide their abilities and another that’s says they’re psychic and make money off it, and I will definitely show you one person that’s telling the truth and one that’s a complete liar.

I have had a tendency to break down on my job and use what ability I do have (what I call discernment or instincts) to attempt to complete our case files (sometimes it comes to me in our victims, but not as I would like-- there is no control of who, what, or how- it controls me in that aspect).

I have to be extremely careful considering the type of work I do and the mental exhaustion from this ability & from attempting to find ways to use this ability with solid measure (legally) is whole other job by itself.

I get frustrated, even despise, those who accept money, or want recognition for these 'great deeds' they claim to warrent. I find it repulsive. and that's personal. I have to give thanks to my granny for showing me these things, and paving the way for this to do some kind of good to some extent in my life with this, but most importantly in the lives of others. Good, the pay off is in the eyes of our victims and their families. No money measures up to that. God knows I can assure to that--

thought id share, anyhoo.

Sunni

By saying that someone who is not educated in subjects such as spelling, maths and basic subjects are most probably lying when it comes to psychic abilities is seriously underestimating.

Underestimating anyone is very dangerous and could be your downfall. If someone does not have the advantages of a good education that is not their fault, but they may have abilities in other areas that are totally natural to them but unusual in other people.

IQ is measured by certain tests if I have this correct, personally I have always thought that IQ should be measured by common sense lol.

So what if someone doesn't know what the next number in the sequence is , if they have common sense and use it in day-to-day life, that is enough for me.

Personally I would never put myself forward for any test and to be honest it bothers me not whether people believe what I say is true or not, I know I speak the truth in what happens to me and that is enough.

When I was a little kid I used to wonder why on earth people went forward for ESP tests and the rest, why do this and then let everyone know what you can do - Governments included. Much better to keep things close to your chest, what is meant to come out will do so naturally.

pshyc sci: I agree with you on some things. However it doesn't have anything to do with how many books you read or how smart you are. We are all capable of having psychic abilities. Some have them more then others because they are exposed to it at an earlier age. I came from a very poor backround and we did not have much of an education. Yet we all have psychic abilities in my family. When something psychic happens to me it is usually a nagging feeling at my mind. I will continuosly think about it. Until the answer comes. Let me give you an example. I had a friend whose mother kept on coming into my mind. I was doing housework and was very busy. Yet her face kept popping up in my mind. I never met the lady I only saw her picture only once a few years ago. I called him to see how he was doing and he told me his mom was in critical condition. In the morning when I awoke I knew she wasn't alive. He called me that evening and told me she had passed away. This is also an example of psychic abilities. How many times have you thought of someone and then they either call or you see them or maybe someone will tell you something about them. That is because you are open and listening to your feelings. One of the greatest psychics that has ever lived was Peter Hourkos. There is even scientific proof about his abilities. He got his abilities when he fell of a bulding in his country and hit his head. He should have been dead but he survived. When he came to he grabbed the arm of his doctor who was about to leave and foretold his death by Nazi police. Keep practicing you can become psychic. We all have that ability.

Edited by Justice please

Gee how did I miss all this? ;)

Its over in the first couple of lines really....what do spells have to do with PSI?.... now grammar.... thats another issue!......B

swear to god: right now I dont even know what PSI stands for! :D

heretics....how tiresome

Edited by Barek Halfhand

the large majority of the general population has very poor general knowledge, lower than normal IQ scores, and take knowledge and learning as punishment and willingly avoid anything to make themselves smarter).

I hate to nitpick (actually, I love to nitpick) but this statement makes little sense. Wouldn't the IQ of the 'large majority' of the population set the norm for IQ scores? This statement is almost like saying "the average person is below average".

I do agree with what you said about spelling, though. There are a good amount of posts on this forum where people claim to have extraordinary psychic skills, yet can't be bothered to spell out the word 'you'. People don't understand that how you present yourself over the internet has a lot of sway over how other perceive you.

If u tok lik dis, den no1 is gunna tak u seriouslee. If you have problems spelling the word 'psychic', then no one is going to take you seriously.

You and I do differ on the fact that I don't believe in these abilities at all. I have yet to see any sort of evidence they exist that can't be explained using a bit of logic. Perhaps you've seen things that I haven't, which is totally possible, but for now I'm a non-believer that wants to believe.

I don't mind people that make an honest attempt at communication and happen to make some errors, but those who decide just to type everything in shorthand for the sake of a few seconds really annoy me. If you save thirty seconds by leaving some basic elements out of your post, and then one hundred people take five second to interpret it, then you're being pretty selfish.

Actually, many of us have forgotton one thing, there are some who write on these Boards where English is not their first language, it may not even be their second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth! Their spelling and grammar may not be up to much but for all we know they may be X-men in disguise!

I wish I could speak another language, I intend to learn Spanish, getting around to it is another matter lol.

See, now I am rambling and I blame each and every one of you! :lol:

I know a little bit of spanish, just a bit to know what people are saying. But its alot different when I try and talk. But anyway I kinda feal the sameway, but I dont think you have to be a genius to have phsycic abilities.

So hear is my question, you claim to actually have seen people with "abilities" that they can control?

• 2 years later...

guffaw @ skepticism "lacking evidence"

Isolating oneself is pretty much a methodology with respect to major religions as in relation to the training of priests, nuns, monks and so on. Some would say it has to do with a particular experience, a part of which could be compared to a reaction to a life and death experience (not necessarily your own) during which, subjectively time slows down and one becomes more focused. In the meditative version there is no release of adrenalin and the mind tries to do what it would do, if it was in a life or death situation (it becomes more focused). There is no threat and if anything, one feels at peace but this mind keeps looking for something to trigger a flight or fight response, but one is so at peace.

I feel that relative intelligence is not a criteria as, these experiences are the result of accessing phisical attributes (As the sig would suggest).

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad