Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People with true psychic abilities.

PsycSci

I went to a spiritual hall one Saturday,never bin before only four people in, it was a healing session.I thought it was open circle,I sat down a lady told me to sit with a man called David.I sat in front of him ,I never uttered a word,he picked a pen up and a pad wrote my name peter down on the pad.And he touched me with both his hands on my knees,I was shaking with the flow of energy that was passing to me.I apologise to him for shaking, I said nothing then he commented to me that he could see the protection.And the energy round me,I left I have done and seen some fantastic psychic abilitys.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puridalan

• emily77

• Agent. Mulder

• Virtual Particle

One does not have to have a high IQ to be psychic...what the hell, do people just make any crap they want up, where are the stats for that esp since we know who is and who isn't able to see things -.-

wow (sarcasm if you couldn't tell)

Also, how is it only a small part of the population? What percentage is considered minute to you? Thirdly, it may not be that 'psychics' conist of a small part rather the degree of which one can 'see' things is the factor between a large pool of people vs. a small pool. Ie you have a wide range who might play recreational soccer, a few less who play highschool, few who play college, and the tighest percentage being professional atheletes. These are at least based on stats, but even if we could base such a thing on statistics, we shouldn't just conclude it to what you said, but have to do it in varying degrees. (just for starters)

Please see most of the metaphysics forums, yes, people can make up any crap they want, they can also get alot of other people to believe it.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, where to begin!

The first post about ...people having to have a high IQ to even have any "ability or gift" was kinda hurtful...but I got over it as quick as swatting a fly off my arm! And then saying you have to be able to spell correctly and all....lmao!

Isn't this thread really about weather or not people even have gifts and why don't we tell the world and prove it!

You want me to tell the truth? I'll tell you MY TRUTH if you all care to read?!

Yes I'm a little offended!

I came to this forum looking for some kind of insight, about what I go through every day!

Let me explain...a little....I myself get around people (complete strangers) and just know a lot about them. I get thoughts about people, images in my mind, things they can only let me know is right or wrong. I feel their pain. There's more crap...but trying to make this short! For along time I've dealt with this on my own, not even with close family or friends....for not BEING STAMPED AS CRAZY! But in the last few years, I have shared my ...ummm let's say... "ability" to close friends and family... and now wish I haven't for the most part! I have proven to many people, about their...special little secrets..etc....only to loose friendships, family ...because I was right, but they was scared of being around me, for fear of being read by me! I try my hardest to not read people without their permission,,,but sometimes it just comes flowing into my mind! I just know now ...NOT to tell. Unless it bothers me so much that I can't stand it any more!

I call it reading people...by the way!

So, for proving what I say I can do....isn't worth it anymore... yeal I know, your all saying but you prove and you can be rich..famous etc....bla bla...

it just scares me, to tell you the truth! I don't trust government or just about anyone any more! Doesn't take much to lock ya up and throw away the key !! ... if ya get my drift!! Yelp I'm a coward...yippeee!

I believe in people with gifts, abilities... and I'm glad there's people out there that use it and help people. Yeal take the good with the bad... bla bla...ain't everything in life..about good and bad, learn from your mistakes!

Dang got me so railed up ...lit another cig..lmao

Did learn that I can't do it over the internet without some kind of personal connection.Yoo raa for me! So I wouldn't be a good one to use in experiments..lmaorof

Well guess I wrote a little longer than I wanted to...as for spelling and all...Deal with it....life's to short to dwell on little things in it!

just had to make my opinion know !

char

Taking an IQ test is not the only way to measure intelligence. Some people have what I call natural intelligence. I believe being psychic is part of this natural intelligence. We see, feel, and know more than the average Joe. Perhaps in my post I didn't explain that very well. I also think if we go on to college or educate ourselves through reading educational materials we learn a lot faster than the average Joe.

I think because we are -different- we get lower self esteems, because we feel, "out of place." So, this might explain why people got defensive and hurt by the initial post, and what I was trying to get across with my initial reply. Also, many people walk around with negative energy and judge the hell out of others, and we feel that. However, I have learned not to take it personally. Every judgement another has is really a judgement against themselves. They live in a world of mirrors..only seeing manifestations of themselves. A psychic sees beyond the mirrors and truly into others. (I hope that makes sense).

I completely relate to what you are saying. Only recently have I shared my abilities with a few close friends and with my mom. Initially, my boyfriend thought I was off my rocker until one night when we were out having burgers and drinks, and my sister asked a guy if she could read his palm. She had a book about palm reading, and thought it would be fun. So, me, having a few drinks said to the lady he was with, let me see if I can read yours. Well, her energy went in me, and I asked her if she lost a child. She did. My boyfriend was sitting right next to me and saw and felt it happen. He does not think I am nuts anymore. He still talks about it! The lady panicked and got up and left!

I called up my mom and asked her if anyone else in the family had these abilities. When my mother was younger she would have dreams that would come true...very detailed dreams. For some reason, they stopped in her 30s. I think she repressed her abilities because of the last psychic dream she had..of my uncle who committed suicide, her baby brother. She freaked out, called her best friend, and went and found him hanging in the garage. She lost her abilities after this. My great-grandmother was also psychic. She died young, so we do not know what abilities she had. My great-grandpa, when he was alive, always used to say, she had ESP.

So, I have told my boyfriend and my mother, as well as another psychic that lives in my town. Other than that, I keep it to myself, because I fear being labeled crazy. Also, I have no desire to be picked apart by people who want me to prove it. I have nothing to prove, and one can always prove something or someone false if they pick long enough. I do not have the desire to get money or attention from this either. I have no desire to prove anything.

This is just the way we are. It does not mean we are better than anyone else or that we are nuts. Heck, it does not mean we are 100% accurate all the time either. Currently, I am struggling with being more open about who I am, because I feel I could help others and I should use the gifts I have. I have been practicing energy healing lately. My dog has a severe stair phobia. I have been doing energy healing with him. Now, he will go half way up the stairs on his own, and no not with my coaxing him either. Maybe that sounds silly! Ha!

Lastly, my psychic friend who lives near me, has a phD in religious studies. She is open about who she is. She teaches classes and gives readings, etc. She told me, once I accept myself for who I am...others will accept me too. So, I am working on it.

wow, where to begin!

The first post about ...people having to have a high IQ to even have any "ability or gift" was kinda hurtful...but I got over it as quick as swatting a fly off my arm! And then saying you have to be able to spell correctly and all....lmao!

Isn't this thread really about weather or not people even have gifts and why don't we tell the world and prove it!

You want me to tell the truth? I'll tell you MY TRUTH if you all care to read?!

Yes I'm a little offended!

I came to this forum looking for some kind of insight, about what I go through every day!

Let me explain...a little....I myself get around people (complete strangers) and just know a lot about them. I get thoughts about people, images in my mind, things they can only let me know is right or wrong. I feel their pain. There's more crap...but trying to make this short! For along time I've dealt with this on my own, not even with close family or friends....for not BEING STAMPED AS CRAZY! But in the last few years, I have shared my ...ummm let's say... "ability" to close friends and family... and now wish I haven't for the most part! I have proven to many people, about their...special little secrets..etc....only to loose friendships, family ...because I was right, but they was scared of being around me, for fear of being read by me! I try my hardest to not read people without their permission,,,but sometimes it just comes flowing into my mind! I just know now ...NOT to tell. Unless it bothers me so much that I can't stand it any more!

I call it reading people...by the way!

So, for proving what I say I can do....isn't worth it anymore... yeal I know, your all saying but you prove and you can be rich..famous etc....bla bla...

it just scares me, to tell you the truth! I don't trust government or just about anyone any more! Doesn't take much to lock ya up and throw away the key !! ... if ya get my drift!! Yelp I'm a coward...yippeee!

I believe in people with gifts, abilities... and I'm glad there's people out there that use it and help people. Yeal take the good with the bad... bla bla...ain't everything in life..about good and bad, learn from your mistakes!

Dang got me so railed up ...lit another cig..lmao

Did learn that I can't do it over the internet without some kind of personal connection.Yoo raa for me! So I wouldn't be a good one to use in experiments..lmaorof

Well guess I wrote a little longer than I wanted to...as for spelling and all...Deal with it....life's to short to dwell on little things in it!

just had to make my opinion know !

char

Taking an IQ test is not the only way to measure intelligence. Some people have what I call natural intelligence. I believe being psychic is part of this natural intelligence. We see, feel, and know more than the average Joe. Perhaps in my post I didn't explain that very well. I also think if we go on to college or educate ourselves through reading educational materials we learn a lot faster than the average Joe.

I think because we are -different- we get lower self esteems, because we feel, "out of place." So, this might explain why people got defensive and hurt by the initial post, and what I was trying to get across with my initial reply. Also, many people walk around with negative energy and judge the hell out of others, and we feel that. However, I have learned not to take it personally. Every judgement another has is really a judgement against themselves. They live in a world of mirrors..only seeing manifestations of themselves. A psychic sees beyond the mirrors and truly into others. (I hope that makes sense).

I completely relate to what you are saying. Only recently have I shared my abilities with a few close friends and with my mom. Initially, my boyfriend thought I was off my rocker until one night when we were out having burgers and drinks, and my sister asked a guy if she could read his palm. She had a book about palm reading, and thought it would be fun. So, me, having a few drinks said to the lady he was with, let me see if I can read yours. Well, her energy went in me, and I asked her if she lost a child. She did. My boyfriend was sitting right next to me and saw and felt it happen. He does not think I am nuts anymore. He still talks about it! The lady panicked and got up and left!

I called up my mom and asked her if anyone else in the family had these abilities. When my mother was younger she would have dreams that would come true...very detailed dreams. For some reason, they stopped in her 30s. I think she repressed her abilities because of the last psychic dream she had..of my uncle who committed suicide, her baby brother. She freaked out, called her best friend, and went and found him hanging in the garage. She lost her abilities after this. My great-grandmother was also psychic. She died young, so we do not know what abilities she had. My great-grandpa, when he was alive, always used to say, she had ESP.

So, I have told my boyfriend and my mother, as well as another psychic that lives in my town. Other than that, I keep it to myself, because I fear being labeled crazy. Also, I have no desire to be picked apart by people who want me to prove it. I have nothing to prove, and one can always prove something or someone false if they pick long enough. I do not have the desire to get money or attention from this either. I have no desire to prove anything.

This is just the way we are. It does not mean we are better than anyone else or that we are nuts. Heck, it does not mean we are 100% accurate all the time either. Currently, I am struggling with being more open about who I am, because I feel I could help others and I should use the gifts I have. I have been practicing energy healing lately. My dog has a severe stair phobia. I have been doing energy healing with him. Now, he will go half way up the stairs on his own, and no not with my coaxing him either. Maybe that sounds silly! Ha!

Lastly, my psychic friend who lives near me, has a phD in religious studies. She is open about who she is. She teaches classes and gives readings, etc. She told me, once I accept myself for who I am...others will accept me too. So, I am working on it.

thank you emily77 for explaining better than I could...

char

This is just the way we are. It does not mean we are better than anyone else or that we are nuts. Heck, it does not mean we are 100% accurate all the time either. Currently, I am struggling with being more open about who I am, because I feel I could help others and I should use the gifts I have.

Perhaps your uncle that committed suicide had abilities too and didn't know how to deal with them. These forums are a great place to share your thoughts and get feedback, but you kinda need to have a thick skin in order to ignore the skeptics. Hang in there....you're not crazy!

I have been practicing energy healing lately. My dog has a severe stair phobia. I have been doing energy healing with him. Now, he will go half way up the stairs on his own, and no not with my coaxing him either. Maybe that sounds silly! Ha!

It doesn't sound silly at all. I have been thinking about starting a thread about connections with animals.

She's absolutely correct and it's true whether you're psychic or not!

I have wondered if my uncle had abilities too. It does run in my family in the women, but I have thought perhaps he was an empath. If you're an empath you know how difficult it is to -handle-.

I don't think I am crazy! hehe I also agree with when you accept yourself others will too, so the hard part is really getting to know myself on deep levels and accepting who I am. I am getting there, but it is a lot of work. =)

Thanks!

quote name='archernyc' date='23 June 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1277314494' post='3464242']

Perhaps your uncle that committed suicide had abilities too and didn't know how to deal with them. These forums are a great place to share your thoughts and get feedback, but you kinda need to have a thick skin in order to ignore the skeptics. Hang in there....you're not crazy!

It doesn't sound silly at all. I have been thinking about starting a thread about connections with animals.

She's absolutely correct and it's true whether you're psychic or not!

I have wondered if my uncle had abilities too. It does run in my family in the women, but I have thought perhaps he was an empath. If you're an empath you know how difficult it is to -handle-.

I don't think I am crazy! hehe I also agree with when you accept yourself others will too, so the hard part is really getting to know myself on deep levels and accepting who I am. I am getting there, but it is a lot of work. =)

Thanks!

no ones an empath. many people can tell the 'moods' of people.

seems a little arrogant to think youre so much more special than anyone else, and can 'read' people.

Actually you cannot say no one is an empath when studies out all show otherwise. Look at any social psychology class and it will be in there.Futhrore, scientists are actually studying 'mirror neurons' and one day be able to actually calculate them as in a mass percentage, quiet exciting research.

Now I do agree that almost everyone 'is' any empath, we all have mirror neurons it is to what extent or if they are in use is the question. SOme people have been shown to have more/use more than others do, this seems to be connected with being able to not only sense other peoples emotions but be able to know the situation at hand. A lot more variables than o I can sense someones mood.

I am looking forward in the research for what it holds in the next 10 years if not sooner, for specifics that is.

Secondly where did it say she thought she was special than anyone else? She merely said she thought she could read people, big difference.

Edited by puridalan

what studies?

they make it seem like theyre 'special', as on other threads.

and we'll see what happens with the mirror neurons, as theres still a lot of debate about them, and the claims being made.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

I actually stated I do not think I am special. I stated we are all equally special.

No one is an empath and many people can tell the moods of people.. So, you can stand next to someone, and you have what is best described as a thick cloud of energy and emotion flow into you, and you know personal things about them? Sometimes the energy/emotion is so strong it leaves you shaking physically, out of breath, knocks the wind out of you, literally pushes you over, your eyes slam shut, your head tilts, and suddenly you know...things like...that person was sexually abused, suffered the loss of a child, is thinking of suicide, etc.

Awesome Agent Mulder. FANTASTIC!

no ones an empath. many people can tell the 'moods' of people.

seems a little arrogant to think youre so much more special than anyone else, and can 'read' people.

I've been reading about mirror neurons in one of my psychology classes. Very interesting. They think that people with autism have few mirror neurons then the typical person. I have wondered if psychics have more.

Actually you cannot say no one is an empath when studies out all show otherwise. Look at any social psychology class and it will be in there.Futhrore, scientists are actually studying 'mirror neurons' and one day be able to actually calculate them as in a mass percentage, quiet exciting research.

Now I do agree that almost everyone 'is' any empath, we all have mirror neurons it is to what extent or if they are in use is the question. SOme people have been shown to have more/use more than others do, this seems to be connected with being able to not only sense other peoples emotions but be able to know the situation at hand. A lot more variables than o I can sense someones mood.

I am looking forward in the research for what it holds in the next 10 years if not sooner, for specifics that is.

Secondly where did it say she thought she was special than anyone else? She merely said she thought she could read people, big difference.

I actually stated I do not think I am special. I stated we are all equally special.

No one is an empath and many people can tell the moods of people.. So, you can stand next to someone, and you have what is best described as a thick cloud of energy and emotion flow into you, and you know personal things about them? Sometimes the energy/emotion is so strong it leaves you shaking physically, out of breath, knocks the wind out of you, literally pushes you over, your eyes slam shut, your head tilts, and suddenly you know...things like...that person was sexually abused, suffered the loss of a child, is thinking of suicide, etc.

Awesome Agent Mulder. FANTASTIC!

i have no invisible, made up, clouds of energy floating around someone. i can look at their face, posture, physical actions, and you can read a person quite well sometimes. with Super Simple things like that.

we have methods of detecting energy. id like to know why we cant detect this.

Adding: I will say though I have read people online with nothign no photos or nothing and able to get exacts. How can that be explained fully? It simply cannot, there is no physical body langauge involve, and I make sure the person doesn't tell me anything, merely says "read me".

I've gotten exact names and you'll note the recent one I did with Potatoe that they just replied back to. I mean yes some of it could be good guessing, but I mean when you get 10 things right, and all specifics like exact phrases..how do you explain that?

Yes, I know there are liars and con artists out there, but there is still much research that needs to be conducted because of such happenings as these.

We detect this for protection. It goes back to the survival instinct.

i have no invisible, made up, clouds of energy floating around someone. i can look at their face, posture, physical actions, and you can read a person quite well sometimes. with Super Simple things like that.

we have methods of detecting energy. id like to know why we cant detect this.

We detect this for protection. It goes back to the survival instinct.

ok. now prove it.

because its biology, meaning, thats something tangible, and can be proven.

now show us.

(even though we didnt need this for any type of protection)

imho, there are people that are empathetic (by simple observation alone, ie., facial expression, posture, tone of voice, whatever, know how another person feels) and people that are empaths (themself actually feeling the other person's emotions or state of mind).

I am a very observant person and over the phone can tell how my mom is feeling based on her tone of voice, or determine the moods of my co-workers just by looking at them. I do not consider myself an empath.

What Emily and Puri are describing (for themselves) is what I think of as someone that IS an empath.

We absolutely did and do need this for protection. We ALL have been around someone who gives us - bad vibes - and we stay away from them to protect ourselves from harm. Being psychic is merely that amplified.

Go get yourself a human anatomy and physiology text book and read it. You can prove it to yourself.

ok. now prove it.

now show us.

ok. now prove it.

now show us.

Mulder, you are such a skeptic!

Maybe these senses were needed in the distant past as a form of protection from wild beasts or hostile humans, i.e, survival of the fittest.

Asking a psychic to prove it is much like this....

Can you prove to me you love someone? Really...prove that feeling to me! You may say you do...you're actions may suggest you do.. but Prove it to me.

You can describe what love is til the cows come home. Prove it to me.

Mulder, you are such a skeptic!

Maybe these senses were needed in the distant past as a form of protection from wild beasts or hostile humans, i.e, survival of the fittest.

well, no. because we had Other defenses against those.

when people on here claim this 6th sense was used ages ago, they just display how they dont quite know about human evolution, or biology in this case.

Asking a psychic to prove it is much like this....

Can you prove to me you love someone? Really...prove that feeling to me! You may say you do...you're actions may suggest you do.. but Prove it to me.

You can describe what love is til the cows come home. Prove it to me.

dont try to cop out now. the two are completely different. One is a biological sense, the other is an emotion.

you can prove the ability of senses. not quite with emotions though.

so, im still waiting.

Being psychic, for me, is based on emotion and energy. I really do feel everything very different from the way you do.

Like I said. I cannot explain this any better to you than I already have. You can either believe it or not. That is your choice!

Maybe if you stop thinking about as a magical thing..or something people only claim to have because they want attention or to feel special, then whatever answers you are looking for will come to you.

Maybe you could do your own experiments on your own and see what you come up with, so you can prove whatever you would like to yourself. All of us are who we are. Most are not aware of who they are, to the point that they have no true self-identity.

Once one finds themselves, knows themselves, accepts themselves, the need to prove anything to anyone disappears. I need no outward acceptance or approval.

I have everything I need within myself. Someday, you may see how profound that is.

dont try to cop out now. the two are completely different. One is a biological sense, the other is an emotion.

you can prove the ability of senses. not quite with emotions though.

so, im still waiting.