Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can we bend reality with our minds

megashredder

I ask the big question is our reality just our world and solar system and nothing else(is there nothing else out there)? is it a never ending void where every thing and enything is out there and possible or is it all just a big dream that we can manipulate on our own tearms. Because all my life i would think of soemthing such as a tv show episode (most of the time a tv episode) in my spare time and then later in the day i would see that episode or like the time I was watching channel 41 a and e city confidential and there was this commercial that I was dying to see [the dvr commercial (the one that makes fun of eharmony)] anyway I just thought is it going to come on and it did (then i turned the volume up to 23) anyway this leaves to possibiliys either I can bend reality using my brain or the intire universe was planed out by god or some other overloard and soem of use were put here to know things before they happened. what do you think Note: my microsoft word is down so the spelling not good.

I ask the big question is our reality just our world and solar system and nothing else(is there nothing else out there)? is it a never ending void where every thing and enything is out there and possible or is it all just a big dream that we can manipulate on our own tearms. Because all my life i would think of soemthing such as a tv show episode (most of the time a tv episode) in my spare time and then later in the day i would see that episode or like the time I was watching channel 41 a and e city confidential and there was this commercial that I was dying to see [the dvr commercial (the one that makes fun of eharmony)] anyway I just thought is it going to come on and it did (then i turned the volume up to 23) anyway this leaves to possibiliys either I can bend reality using my brain or the intire universe was planed out by god or some other overloard and soem of use were put here to know things before they happened. what do you think Note: my microsoft word is down so the spelling not good.

I dont believe it is a dream, but im pretty sure some monks believe that. But I think there is more to the world and more to humans. Because I think if the world was created by the big bang or even by god, that there is a small part of us that may posses something more. That is just waiting to be unlocked.

I just think there is more..........

• Like 1

Your first thread didn't make much sense. All of the events you have given are just.. coincidental phenomena.

Do you know, you are the only other person apart from my daughter who has ever said something like that. The reason your post interested me is because I have done exactly the same on many occasions. I think of a film (not because I want it on but because I was just thinking of it) and lo and behold it appears within a few days, commercials the same, my daughter seems to have the same thing happen to her.

Quick story: When I was 13 years old my mum bought me a yellow skirt and jacket for a wedding we were going to, now I loved this suit and I remember thinking "what if I had more suits", now the weird thing was just five days later, my aunt visited and bought a bag of second-hand clothes that her daughter no longer wanted, they all fitted me and in this bag were five skirt suits! I would possibly, just possibly count that incident as a coincidence, however, I've had many other things happen just the same, that is why I am very, very careful what I wish for because I might just get it LOL

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I have a whole bunch of questions I would really like answers to, answers I know I just can't have...

Sorry that this all doesn't really make sense, it's just kinda hard to put it all together into words.

Can and do I bend reality, or do I just know what's coming?

-----Sometimes I will start to think differently than I usually do, and I don't know where my thoughts are coming from.

For example, I once met this guy and I started thinking,

"Hmmm, something's missing, this guy doesn't have something that everyone else has,

I wonder what would happen if he would die this week and if then I'd be mad at myself for not saying that he'd die. Hmmm. But if I just blurt it out now, people might think I'm a freak and then if he didn't die...

Oh well, I guess I just won't say anything, But then... Hang on, what am I thinking, I can't know that..."

And then he died the same week in a car crash and I was mad at myself for not saying anything...figures...

Also one time it was raining and there was a thunderstorm and I was thinking,

"Hmmm, what if lightning would strike a tree on that mountain right above those rocks, that would look soooo coool,

hmm, it might start a forest fire though, but it would be..."

and BANG my thoughts were cut of by the lightning strike.

Question 2

Is it possible to have a psychic connection with people when you aren't even looking at them?

At school sometimes, but only when I'm in a really good mood, I feel like I'm everywhere in the room at once and I know who's where and it's allmost like I know what they're thinking... or I'll know who is standing behind me and I'll realise they're about to talk to me and I'm allready getting ready to answer what they say before I even get the question...

Question 3

Sometimes when I go to sleep, I reach this wierd state where I am in empty space, looking at myself, but everything is dark and grey and the point I am looking at, where I am, is not where I see from but where I actually am, Like where I feel myself and where I see from are at different places and where I see from is looking at where I feel like I am...And it allways scares me awake because everything is empty and I feel like if I stay there I will be stuck alone.

I doubt you bend reality. Precognition is more likely.

Question 2: Duh. o_O Course it iss.

Question 3: A weird form of astral projection? Not sure.

Do you know, you are the only other person apart from my daughter who has ever said something like that. The reason your post interested me is because I have done exactly the same on many occasions. I think of a film (not because I want it on but because I was just thinking of it) and lo and behold it appears within a few days, commercials the same, my daughter seems to have the same thing happen to her.

Your mind conveinetly forgets the hundreds and thousands of times that you think of a film or commercial and it DOESN'T show up within a few days.

I doubt you bend reality. Precognition is more likely.

Logically, self delusion is more likely.

• Like 2

Neo, you might be right on the first one. (In my opinion, wrong for me personally) I doubt I dont really think whats on a certain channel at a certain time.

Self delusion? Thats just mean. V_V

Altering reality by thought alone is commonly known as Magic.

The argument for Magic goes a little like this:

Everything is Perception. Perception is Everything. If I change my Perception of the Universe, then the Universe changes for me.

The real question is - does it change everyone else's Perception of the Universe?

• Like 1

Self delusion? Thats just mean. V_V

I assure you, I do not mean it to be insulting, rather logically accurate. When one convinces oneself that they can see the future or manipulate the future because they remember times they thought something and it happened, yet they discount the thousands of times they thought something and it did NOT happen, that is self-delusion.

I apologize if it seems venemous. It is intended to be dispassionate and logical.

Your mind conveinetly forgets the hundreds and thousands of times that you think of a film or commercial and it DOESN'T show up within a few days.

I don't conveniently forget at all, quite simply, I only ever think of the ones beforehand that actually DO end up being shown.

Neognosis, you probably haven't had it happen to you or you would believe it.

There is no delusion in it, precognition is a definite probability however. Whatever it is though, it really does occur. If I were deluded I would be constantly trying to do it by will, convinced that it would happen - this is something I never do.

here's a tip o the brain

if we control the universe say collectivly

when someone sees the future or reads a mind does that mean we are crono bending then as well

u know creat8ng it as we go along

and if we are the god subconciously[God must find shorter form] building the universe does that mean all the stupid people our faukt

I have been experiencing that, thinking about a movie and then seeing it afterwards. It's kind of cool, actually.

Bending reality with the mind, at some point in our life I think we all can. It's like praying for something to happen and the universe somehow listens to it and then coincidences starts happening. Well, I know many people who have experienced this. And that is why they all say "Be careful what you wish for." I know I do.

• 6 years later...

Yes I believe that we can. We create our own reality and fate. I am 100 percent sane,trust me :P I have discovered energy coming from my hands and this is calls chi. Everyone can do it. Just put ur palms together and you'll start to feel a magnetic force it just happened one day magnetically for me. I had a dream a week ago that my classmate was in my dream and he taught me how to bend reality...it was a bit of a Donnie darko dream haha cool too. Sure enough a week after that I builded up so much energy in my hands I started to twist and turn my hands and everything started moving in my vision slightly around. Trust me I'm not on Any drugs when I c everything moving around. Try it for urself. I know what u mean I wish life could b the same like doctor who and all of that...but since I discovered the energy life has been a bit strange too...so give it a shot and replied if it worked!!.x

• Like 1

this is just 0.000000003 percent of it. Before you activate the rest, make sure you prepare to accept certain things of the locked abilities. There is always the pros and cons of having it activated. unless you are well prepared for it within mind and souls. if you couldn't control your mind, it will lead to self destruction which i called insanity. Human is always curious at things they eager to know about things and when they get their answer they will extend it to what is beyond it which can cause massive brain waves and energy to do it. we are in limited and minimum power for some reasons. *yawn* History is there for some reasons. some are written and documentation for good reasons of lessons to be learn. some are just from the bits of brain cells that been stored in our brain for some other good reasons. nothing is coincidence. everything happen for reasons. i like reading stuff like this. it gives me more connections in my head. For fun usually.

It seems a bit odd to me, and quite selfish, for those blessed with these immense powers to waste them on messing with television schedules, rather than, say, something like ending world hunger, or creating peace.

this is just 0.000000003 percent of it. Before you activate the rest, make sure you prepare to accept certain things of the locked abilities. There is always the pros and cons of having it activated. unless you are well prepared for it within mind and souls. if you couldn't control your mind, it will lead to self destruction which i called insanity. Human is always curious at things they eager to know about things and when they get their answer they will extend it to what is beyond it which can cause massive brain waves and energy to do it. we are in limited and minimum power for some reasons. *yawn* History is there for some reasons. some are written and documentation for good reasons of lessons to be learn. some are just from the bits of brain cells that been stored in our brain for some other good reasons. nothing is coincidence. everything happen for reasons. i like reading stuff like this. it gives me more connections in my head. For fun usually.

And this is what I call quackery.

If reality is a matter of perception then we all do it. How you "see" the world often dictates how you act in it. Now in if your thinking along the lines of PK then I'd say very, very, very rarely. I've spent years trying to do PK consistently with varying levels of success. From small objects moving to anger induced door slamming, but it's so fickle to be of little use. It's easier to change your point of view that to levitate a cup.

"There is no picture- or theory-independent concept of reality. Your reality depends on the model you employ."

-Stephen Hawking-

So the answer to the OP question should be : No.

Edited by toast

We can certainly bend our own reality or, perhaps more accurately, our perceptions of the world. Serendipity does factor into our perceptions, but we largely conceive an "idea" and then look for affirmation for reinforcement of the idea. This may be an evolutionary trait that allows us some degree of survival ... "Hey did you see that? Ah, yeah, I think so." So, we have confirmation that becomes yet an even more reinforced behavior when another agrees. This is the basis of modern research. Develop a hypothesis. But, prove it statistically. It is the latter element, statistics, that allows us to say with some degree of mathematical confidence that the hypothesis bears some consideration.