Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramid on the bottom of the ocean

Kyle Rajasthan

Here is an interesting topic. First, before anyone asks, I will name my sorce for this story. It comes from Charles Berlitz's World of the incredible but true, page 68 if you wish to check it out for yourself.

According to the story, a large pyrimidal object lies on the ocean floor approxamatly 27 miles North of Cuba at a depth of about 1000 feet. It is very regularly shaped and it's height has been estimated at about 400 feet. This massive stone formation was outlined in the 1970's by a fishing boat captian by the name of John Henry. Henry used sonar to map out the outlines of the object, and because of it's regular shape,it is believed to be artificial. The strutures profile somewhat resembles a Mayan or Aztec style pyramid, and apparently has been researched and photographed by several expeditions to the site.

Now, this I find interesting, because, first, I have not been able to find out anything more about this amazing structure. I mean, if this thing is for real, it's so old that when it was built the land it was built upon was above water. This should be the discovery of the century. So answer me this, if it's for real, why is the scientific world ignoring it?

Good Journey

kyle Rajasthan.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crystal sage

• Harte

• airika

• RabidCat

There are so many underwater structures. Infact, the Gulf of Mexico region is home to quite a few. The Bahamas as well as the South Pacific. This gives way to the Lemurian and Atlantis theories, which there are many threads about. I have not heard about this peticular pyramid yet though however I'm not really surprised. There is plenty of evidence to suport the theory that the ocean level was once much lower than it is today including old maps that show coastlines where the continental shelf is and underwater structures and ruins.

Most of mainstream science will not delve deep into this theory and brushes the evidence off by saying that the ruins are natural formations (which some may be) and explaining that we can't ask too much of our simple ancestor's map making skills. Personally, I believe that the ocean levels were much lower than today's so I think it is perfectly possible for there to be incredible structures under our seas. If mainstream science were to openly accept this it would mean alot of obsolete school books. Alot of money spent and very little gained.

Just my views

:tu: yes just like the underwater pyramids of Japan... that the scientist are also trying to pass off as natural formations...

http://www.subversiveelement.com/JapansUnd...erPyramids.html

http://www.morien-institute.org/yonaguni_schoch1.html

http://www.aliensthetruth.com/Worldmyst.php?ID=27

http://www.lauralee.com/japan.htm

http://perspectives.com/forums/view_topic....amp;forum_id=86

Yes all these anomolies.. make a mockery of modern history... and give credence to many of the old legends.....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/992589/posts

"Paul Weinzweig, Partner with Paulina Zelitsky, Advanced Digital Communications International, Inc., Havana, Cuba: "We're still very interested and excited about the initial finds that we made in cooperation with Dr. Iturralde. He's taken a respectable conservative, but intelligent, approach: 'We don't know what it is, but it doesn't look like geology to us.'

Where we stand really is that we have the sonar images which show architectural types of structures with geometry, perpendicular lines, symmetries, that one does not tend to find in nature and are not repeated anywhere else in the region. They are extensive and large and we have video, but is suggestive because the stones that we have videotaped are very large, very smooth. They do not belong to the local geology at all, according to our ocean bottom survey work and to Dr. Iturralde. And the stones appear to have some aspects of cut and polished features.

Paulina and I do feel that we have found something remarkable. Our intuition tells us in addition to the data that we have that there is a good chance that there was some remarkable civilization on an island many thousands of years ago to the west of present day Cuba.

AND THE SIZES OF WHAT DR. ITURRALDE CALLS MEGALITHIC STRUCTURES ­ DO YOU HAVE BETTER ESTIMATES ON WHAT THE LENGTH, WIDTH AND HEIGHT OF THOSE RECTANGULAR STRUCTURES WOULD BE?

According to our estimates, the sonar images are up to 150 to 200 meters (492 to 656 feet) in length and maybe up to 50 to 100 meters (164 to 328 feet) in width. So they are very large structures.

ABOUT HOW HIGH?

Well, it's difficult to say because what we see is only above the sandy soil of the ocean bottom. That could be up to 15 to 20 meters, but there could be extensive structures below the loose sand, white sand on the ocean bottom.

WHEN PAULINA WAS DESCRIBING ONE OF THE CROSSED OVALS AT LEAST ONE OF THE INVESTIGATORS THOUGHT MIGHT BE ON ONE OF THOSE, WAS IT ON ONE OF THE MEGALITHIC STRUCTURES OR WAS IT ON A SINGLE, SEPARATED STONE?

It was on what we call ­ the word 'megalith' is used to describe both the structures and the individual stones that are part of the structures. The stones are also very large.

WHAT'S THE SIZE OF THEM?

They could be 10 to 15 feet high.

BY ABOUT WHAT WIDTH?

5 to 10 feet wide. We did not videotape many of these stones, so we have a few samples. But they are very large and some of them appear to be fitted ­ that is, one on top of the other in a comfortable position.

AND IN FITTINGS, WOULD IT LOOK SORT OF LIKE STONEHENGE KIND OF CONSTRUCTION OR?

That's right. Not so long, but certainly more square, more rounded, more perpendicular. As I say, the entire ocean bottom in that region is simply white sand with a few outcroppings of blackened limestone. By the way, when limestone is blackened, it's because of contact with oxygen. So, that also suggests the area was once above sea water. These things (megalithic structures) just appear out of nowhere that look like granite. Because there is no granite on Cuba. Cuba is a limestone similar to the Yucatan. It's mostly limestone, the whole area is limestone.

WHAT ABOUT THAT PYRAMIDAL SHAPE THAT WAS IN THE IMAGE OF PAULINA LOOKING AT THE COMPUTER MONITOR?

That's a stone. It's one of the stones.

AND IT DOES SEEM TO BE PYRAMIDAL SHAPED?

Yes. Yeah, it has a shape that doesn't appear often in nature. It's not a shape one would expect to see in nature.

IN TERMS OF THE ROBOT YOU HAD HOPED YOU COULD GET DOWN THERE WITH MAYBE ONE OF THE ADVANCED SPACE ROBOTS THAT COULD GO AND DRILL INTO SOME OF THESE STRUCTURES AND FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE?

We are discussing a proposal with National Geographic right now to do a preliminary survey using our own technology, but a more extensive survey than we've done before and on the basis of those findings, to decide whether to go forward or not. If we do go forward, of course, it would be with more advanced technology.

ARE YOU NOW CLOSER FOR NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TO HELP WITH SOME FUNDING AND EQUIPMENT HERE?

They would like to send their own camera, their own person down, on our ship to validate what we've found and to get a little more information that would support a more strongly the hypothesis that there was a civilization there. And then they would, of course, take the next step which would be a more serious financial and logistical effort.

Then it's a matter of timing ­ their people have to be ready, we have to be ready. We have to have all permits and approvals in place. The weather has to be right. The season has to be right. It's a complex scenario, you know?

WOULD YOU THINK THE SPRING OR SUMMER OF 2004 MIGHT BE AN OPPORTUNE TIME?

Yes, that sounds very possible.

HAS THERE BEEN ANY OTHER DATA THAT HAS SUPPORTED THE POSSIBLE HYPOTHESIS THAT THERE MIGHT BE METAL COATINGS ON SOME OF THE MEGALITHIC STRUCTURES?

It's possible from our sonar images that there could be metal because the darker the image, the more dense the material. So we do have ­ but again, this is only hypothetical and would need to be verified by visual probes, by an ROV and cameras and good lighting. The area is quite extensive, spread out over several kilometers and really ­ we've barely touched it in terms of video probes.

IS IT TRUE THAT THE MEGALITHIC STRUCTURES COVER ABOUT 10 SQUARE KILOMETERS?

Could be more.

THAT'S A BIG AREA.

It is very extensive. We don't know the full extent of it because we haven't analyzed all of the data from the region. We have a great deal of side scan sonar data and this is just one area that we've done in-depth analysis."

To be continued in Part 2.

http://s8int.com/water27.html

Underwater Cities; Noah's Flood Proof? ... Page 1

"It is stunning. What we see in our high-resolution sonar images are limitless, rolling, white sand plains and, in the middle of this beautiful white sand, there are clear manmade large-size architectural designs.

It looks like when you fly over an urban development in a plane and you see highways, tunnels and buildings," Zelitsky said.

Evidence of ancient city found in depths off Cuba 1/2 Mile Down

Edited by crystal sage

I was watching something about "Atlantis." And they found some buildings underwater near Cuba. It's pretty interesting. To have something like that under the water. The sea level was much lower then it is today. :/ I wonder what ancient town it was. But they didn't bring up anything about a "pyramid."

P.S. It wasn't Atlantis.

Edited by MoonPrincess

Yonaguni is absolutely a natural formation. This is not to say that there aren't any flooded archaeological sites though. Yonaguni itself was above water around 10,000 BC. Funny, though, how the fantasists that go on and on about Yonaguni and how the "scientists brush it off because it doesn't fit in to their timeline" completely ignore the real underwater archaeological sites all around the same area as Yonaguni which date to approximately the same time and even earlier. These sites were above water when they were occupied, during the last Ice Age, and were utilized by what these scientists refer to as the Jomon Culture.

Odd, isn't it, how scientists don't "brush off" these legitimate, underwater, extremely ancient and nearby sites?

Read more at any site returned by this Google search:

Jomon Culture

Or, check out this site and see that these people were actually making fired pottery possibly as early as 14,000 BC.

Jomon Pottery

Recently however pottery has been found that dates back to 13,000 years ago, which, if you use the latest radiocarbon calibration, gives a date of 16,000 years ago. (or 14,000 BC).

Hmmmm. I guess some nonscientist must have smuggled this information out before the scientists could squelch it, huh? Also, I wonder why Graham Hancock never mentions this culture, located in Japan and South Korea, when he waxes poetic about Yonaguni Jima?

Lastly, that old interview with the ADC concerning the underwater structures off Cuba. That's South of Cuba, though the O.P. indicates some structure to the North of Cuba. I'm all for exploring these anomalies, but what's stated in that interview is extremely misleading. One line about how "it doesn't look like geology to us..." and then they jump right into how they have "...the sonar images which show architectural types of structures with geometry, perpendicular lines, symmetries, that one does not tend to find in nature and are not repeated anywhere else in the region..." Please.

Also, the claim about National Geographic is an old one. For unstated reasons, National Geographic backed out of this deal a couple of years ago, and took their grant money with them. The planned expedition did take place, though nothing was found.

That doesn't mean there's nothing there, however.

Harte

Here is an interesting topic. First, before anyone asks, I will name my sorce for this story. It comes from Charles Berlitz's World of the incredible but true, page 68 if you wish to check it out for yourself.

According to the story, a large pyrimidal object lies on the ocean floor approxamatly 27 miles North of Cuba at a depth of about 1000 feet. It is very regularly shaped and it's height has been estimated at about 400 feet. This massive stone formation was outlined in the 1970's by a fishing boat captian by the name of John Henry. Henry used sonar to map out the outlines of the object, and because of it's regular shape,it is believed to be artificial. The strutures profile somewhat resembles a Mayan or Aztec style pyramid, and apparently has been researched and photographed by several expeditions to the site.

Now, this I find interesting, because, first, I have not been able to find out anything more about this amazing structure. I mean, if this thing is for real, it's so old that when it was built the land it was built upon was above water. This should be the discovery of the century. So answer me this, if it's for real, why is the scientific world ignoring it?

Good Journey

kyle Rajasthan.

I think that I have also read a little about the same pyramid that you refer to. The expedition was said to have been led by Dr. Ray Brown. It is said that there are photographs "somewhere" of this structure, along with roads, other smaller structures, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a crystal. They were believed to have taken this crystal, and the metal devices to Florida for analasys. Aparently inside of this crystal, were small images not visible to the naked eye. The crystal was also said to have been "radiating energy". Due to the fact that I have not found much more information then this, (and I have been looking for months), I must conclude that it is not entirely accurate. (If at all.)

Harte, I would like to respond to your post as well. I have seen video footage and computer generated images of the Yonaguni structure, and I have to agree with you. Even to me it looks like a giant rock, and researchers with a bit of an imagination grasping at straws. I in no way saw what they were claiming to be seeing. There was a crack in the rocks, and aparently it is now a "passageway to the temple".

I think that I have also read a little about the same pyramid that you refer to. The expedition was said to have been led by Dr. Ray Brown. It is said that there are photographs "somewhere" of this structure, along with roads, other smaller structures, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a crystal. They were believed to have taken this crystal, and the metal devices to Florida for analasys. Aparently inside of this crystal, were small images not visible to the naked eye. The crystal was also said to have been "radiating energy". Due to the fact that I have not found much more information then this, (and I have been looking for months), I must conclude that it is not entirely accurate. (If at all.)

Harte, I would like to respond to your post as well. I have seen video footage and computer generated images of the Yonaguni structure, and I have to agree with you. Even to me it looks like a giant rock, and researchers with a bit of an imagination grasping at straws. I in no way saw what they were claiming to be seeing. There was a crack in the rocks, and aparently it is now a "passageway to the temple".

First, Yonaguni. I've seen a couple programs on that thing, and I can't say I see an accurate conclusion. Some of the pics seem to support megalithic structure, others not. Inconclusive, at best.

Regarding the Ray Brown thing: long time ago, there was a video of him in his office, and under water at that pyramid. The video was a reprint of film, and as such is not the best quality, but it did show the crystal... A steel ball on a string was held above the crystal, and would not hover directly above the crystal; even physically placed directly above the crystal, it would move to the side. He replaced the steel ball with a plastic ball and it did the same.

Now I know there are numerous ways this could be accomplished with sleight of hand, for you detractors. That's fine. Brown is not a sleight of hand artist, he is a doctor. Brown eventually removed his evidence and went silent due to the rash of poor publicity, and the fact that "scientists" would not investigate (his original assumption was they would), but did call him a fraud. So long as this activity is the case, and it is rampant, real scientific investigation into this type of thing will suffer.

First, Yonaguni. I've seen a couple programs on that thing, and I can't say I see an accurate conclusion. Some of the pics seem to support megalithic structure, others not. Inconclusive, at best.

Regarding the Ray Brown thing: long time ago, there was a video of him in his office, and under water at that pyramid. The video was a reprint of film, and as such is not the best quality, but it did show the crystal... A steel ball on a string was held above the crystal, and would not hover directly above the crystal; even physically placed directly above the crystal, it would move to the side. He replaced the steel ball with a plastic ball and it did the same.

Now I know there are numerous ways this could be accomplished with sleight of hand, for you detractors. That's fine. Brown is not a sleight of hand artist, he is a doctor. Brown eventually removed his evidence and went silent due to the rash of poor publicity, and the fact that "scientists" would not investigate (his original assumption was they would), but did call him a fraud. So long as this activity is the case, and it is rampant, real scientific investigation into this type of thing will suffer.

My dear, I would like to thank you for "shedding a little more light on the subject", but I would like to clarify that I was NOT insinuating that he was a fraud in any way, I was merely trying to insituate that what I had heard was just simply made up. (Not by Mr. Brown) I would also like to point out that just because a man is a doctor, that does not mean that he is completely honest. That's like saying that the president of the United States is above lying.

My dear, I would like to thank you for "shedding a little more light on the subject", but I would like to clarify that I was NOT insinuating that he was a fraud in any way, I was merely trying to insituate that what I had heard was just simply made up. (Not by Mr. Brown) I would also like to point out that just because a man is a doctor, that does not mean that he is completely honest. That's like saying that the president of the United States is above lying.

Support for the good doctor is what I intended. I had no inclination to think that you were calling him a fraud; rather, the intent was to show that another had seen material on the subject.

As to Brown being a doctor, I make absolute guarantees that I don't think because a man is a doctor he is not a liar. There is enough evidence in the current crop of medicine, physics, chemistry, etc. to support the overall conclusion that whatever is said must have salt within. Frankly... Well, I'd better leave this alone.

Regardless, I did see the video, and it did cause me to think. Not necessarily believe, mind you, but definitely think.

http://www.jref.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-14895.html

Masaaki Kimura (author), Professor, Department of Physics and Earth Sciences University of the Ryukyus Ryukyu Islands, Japan kimura@sci.u-ryukyu.ac.jp

Artificial submarine ruins were discovered by divers during an underwater survey around the Ryukyu Islands. Also, we have discovered stone tools inside Ginama Submarine Stalactite Cave. The underwater structure off Yonaguni Island is called No. 1 monument or Iseki Point.

This structure resembles ancient Okinawan castles, such as Shuri Castle and Nakagusuku Castle on Okinawa Island. These castles are called gusuku in Okinawan language. The No. 1 monument is located at a depth of about 30 meters (approximately 100 feet).

The structure contains a cliff, which resembles the side of a stepped Incan pyramid. The size of No. 1 monument is approximately 200m in length, 150m in width, and 20-25m in height. Its features such as flat terraces, straight walls and surface structures of walls strongly indicate the structure to be artificial rather than natural.

Additionally, we have discovered more supporting evidence such as scars driven in a wedge on the surface of No. 1 monument, a road that surrounds the structure, and a stone fence composed of huge rock fragments.

This evidence suggests that the structure is man-made and it was probably built on land. The carbon-14 testing of coral attached to the structure indicated that the age of coral was around 2,000 years old.

However, the uprising of the sea level by ecstatic movement of the post-Ice Age suggests the structure to be 10,000 years old. :)Yonaguni Underwater Museum (Nihongo! Many links to photos and articles) (http://www.yonaguni.jp/yum.htm)

.... this is even weirder !!!!

http://www.indiacause.com/columns/OL_051212.htm

"

British linguist Max-Muller has invented the Aryan invasion theory that ancient Aryans invade India at about 1500BC, driven out the Dravidians from their land, have imported the Hindu civilization along with Sanskrit language from the steppes of central Asia. The theory was the justification for the British occupation of India, as Winston Churchill remarked. Although there was no archeological evidence to support this theory, it has become the most important doctrine on the ancient Indian history. Although it was opposed by prominent historians like Ramesh Chandra Mazumdar and archeologists like Rakhaldas Banerjee and S.P.Gupta, the pro-British historians of India so far have disregarded all arguments against this theory.

However, some recent archeological discoveries in India, Russia and Japan have pushed back the antiquity of the Aryans to at least 6000BC and proved beyond doubt that the ancient Aryans were not nomadic tribes from central Asia but had very advanced urban civilizations. Russian archeologists and linguists also proved that the Aryans have migrated not from the Russian steppes but came to Russia via Armenia and Georgia. There are increasing evidence that India was the original home of the Aryans.

Advanced civilization of the Aryans in Chelyabinsk, Russia

President Putin has recently visited one of the most mysterious places on planet Earth - the ruins of the ancient town of Arkaim, which is situated on the outskirts of the city of Chelyabinsk. Pravda reported (on 16 July 2005) about the starling discovery of ruins of a very advanced civilization of Indo-Aryan origin, which was at least 4000 years old in Arkaim.

The Arkaim valley in the south of Ural was supposed to be flooded in 1987; local authorities were going to create a water reservoir there to irrigate droughty fields. However, scientists found strange circles in the center of the valley: the authorities gave archaeologists time to explore the area. Scientists were shocked to find out that Arkaim was the same age as Egypt and Babylon. Archaeological excavations showed that the people, who inhabited Arkaim, represented the ancient Indo-Aryan civilizations. Arkaim had not only a city, but also a temple and an astronomic observatory.

Prof. Gennady Zdanovich, the chairman of the archaeological expedition said, "We achieved what seemed to be absolutely unreal. How did people of such ancient civilization manage to accomplish incredible technological progress, which still seems to be unachievable nowadays?â€

A group of Russian researchers, headed by Prof. Vadim Chernobrovy, has recently returned from the mysterious region. He said, “A flight above Arkaim on board a helicopter gives you an incredible impression. The huge concentric circles on the valley are clearly visible. The town and its outskirts are all enclosed in the circles. We still do not know what point the gigantic circles have, whether they were made for defensive, scientific, educational, or ritual purposes. Some researchers say that the circles were actually used as the runway for an ancient spaceport."

Researchers discovered that the ancient town was equipped with the storm sewage system, which helped Arkaim`s residents avoid floods. The people were protected against fires as well: timbered floorings and houses themselves were imbued with fireproof substance. It was a rather strong compound, the remnants of which can still be found in the ruins of the town.

Each house was outfitted with "all modern conveniencesâ€, as they would say nowadays. There was a well, an oven, and dome-like food storage in every house. The well was branching out into two underground trenches: one of them was directed to the oven and the other one ended in the food storage. The trenches were used to supply chilly air to the oven and to the food storage. The cool air from the trenches was also creating a very powerful traction force in the Aryan oven, which made it possible to smelt bronze there.

The central square in Arkaim was the only object of square shape in the town. Judging upon traces of bonfires that were placed in a specific order on the square, the place was used as a site for certain rituals. Arkaim was built according to a previously projected plan as a single complicated complex, which also had an acute orientation on astronomic objects.

Prof.Grigoryev of the Institute of History and Archaeology, Ural branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Chelyabinsk, Russia, said recently, “ There are no features of “Steppe cultures†in cultures of India and Iran. There are no Finno-Ugric borrowings in languages of Avesta and Rig Veda." According to him (1996, 1998), Ancient Aryans came originally from Iran to Russia via Syria, Anatolia, Armenia and formed the vast cities in Sintashta-Petrovka area near Chelyabinsk. Earlier linguistic experts Prof.Gamkrelidze and Prof.Ivanov (1984) confirmed that explanation.

How far is Iran from Sindh-Saraswati valley? We also know from the Purana, that Aryans were divided into two groups, Sur of India and Asura of Iran. Russian archeologists are not aware of the submarine ruins of Dwarka and Cambay yet. If they would know, it would be possible to prove what Rakhaldas Banerjee; Ramesh Chadra Mazumdar said all along that India was the origin of the ancient Aryans, who had migrated to Russia via Armenia. The discovery made by the Russian archeologists of the temple of Mithra under the basement of the world’s oldest official Christian church in Yerevan, Armenia shows that link."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_history_of_India

Edited by crystal sage

I am very interested in finding out more information about this particular pyramid with the miles of statues, buildings, and pillared temples. The only thing that I can think, as to why so much scrutiny be laid upon him, is because of the claims of it being Atlantis. If ANYONE came up with that sort of actual evidence, I'm sure that at least one person would have video taped it again by now. (I'm not saying that he didn't find anything.) I'm guessing that he must have been dismissed because the only thing that I can find that speaks of him and this pyramid, it's one site after another saying that Atlantis has been found. I would understand him being scrutinized (especially 37 years ago), because he said that he found Atlantis, but I find it hard to believe that no one else has gone back, just to investigate and document the findings. I very well may be misinformed with that last statement, I wish someone prove me wrong. I would love to see what was found.

I am very interested in finding out more information about this particular pyramid with the miles of statues, buildings, and pillared temples. The only thing that I can think, as to why so much scrutiny be laid upon him, is because of the claims of it being Atlantis. If ANYONE came up with that sort of actual evidence, I'm sure that at least one person would have video taped it again by now. (I'm not saying that he didn't find anything.) I'm guessing that he must have been dismissed because the only thing that I can find that speaks of him and this pyramid, it's one site after another saying that Atlantis has been found. I would understand him being scrutinized (especially 37 years ago), because he said that he found Atlantis, but I find it hard to believe that no one else has gone back, just to investigate and document the findings. I very well may be misinformed with that last statement, I wish someone prove me wrong. I would love to see what was found.

The problem as I see it is that archaeology and anthropology have fixed goals, not inclusive of OOPART. Many people who damn Atlantis do nothing more than quote such institutions as the Smithsonian. My problem with that is the Smithsonian is notorious in their lack of real research into anything extraordinary, such as their Wright Bros. fiasco.

I see similar situations in other areas of science. Which, of course, leads me to the fringe scientists, who seem to be much more open to at least trying to find explanations that fit the facts, rather than explaining without all the facts.

One of those fringe people is D.H. Childress. Unfortunately, mentioning that name on this site has brought some rather interesting commentary, such as he is full of s***. Well, I've read a lot of DHC stuff, and I don't necessarily agree with his conclusions, but at least he doesn't say that his is the only conclusion. So, I feel that if Childress has taken film of something he's seen or researched, then it is worthwhile to consider it.

And he's mentioned the pyramid, somewhere. Also a pyramid in Michigan, or Wisconsin. I've lost the book.

I think that to a great degree people are unwilling to buck the system, since the system supplies the resources for the research. Therefore, if you want to do research on something that bears the name Atlantis, you've already got three spears against you.

The problem as I see it is that archaeology and anthropology have fixed goals, not inclusive of OOPART.

You're wrong there. What you're referring to as OOPARTs archaeologists have used in the past to actually establish many of the theories you so disdain. Only, once these are established, the artifact is no longer considered an OOPART, it having been explained or the theory adjusted to accomodate it's existence.

Many people who damn Atlantis do nothing more than quote such institutions as the Smithsonian. My problem with that is the Smithsonian is notorious in their lack of real research into anything extraordinary, such as their Wright Bros. fiasco.

Well, while I don't "damn Atlantis," neither have I ever quoted the Smithsonian or other institution. No, I've actually looked at what evidence I could find for the existence of Atlantis. Guess what? There is none. None at all. No myth, no story, no frescoe no OOPART. Nothing that even in the slightest detail indicates that Atlantis ever existed in any way shape or form. Under any name. What am I to deduce from this? That Atlantis existed but the facts are just being hidden from me? By what logic on Earth does that even approach making sense in any way?

I see similar situations in other areas of science. Which, of course, leads me to the fringe scientists, who seem to be much more open to at least trying to find explanations that fit the facts, rather than explaining without all the facts.

One of those fringe people is D.H. Childress. Unfortunately, mentioning that name on this site has brought some rather interesting commentary, such as he is full of s***. Well, I've read a lot of DHC stuff, and I don't necessarily agree with his conclusions, but at least he doesn't say that his is the only conclusion. So, I feel that if Childress has taken film of something he's seen or researched, then it is worthwhile to consider it.

I thought you were being led to "the fringe scientists." Childress is no scientist, fringe or not. He's a huckster out to take your money. From what I can see from your posts, as far as I'm concerned, he's welcome to it.

And he's mentioned the pyramid, somewhere. Also a pyramid in Michigan, or Wisconsin. I've lost the book.

Pseudoscientist are fond of blurring the differences between things, when if these things were looked at in focus they would tend to contradict what the pseudoscientist is trying to get you to pay your money for. "Pyramids" in Michigan are an excellent example of this. There are earth mounds all over the mid west in America. They're well understood, firmly dated and (mostly) excavated. None of them relate in any way at all to any pyramid anywhere on earth. Yet, if you want to take RabidCat's money, all you have to do is call them "pyramids."

I think that to a great degree people are unwilling to buck the system, since the system supplies the resources for the research. Therefore, if you want to do research on something that bears the name Atlantis, you've already got three spears against you.

If you want to do research on something that bears the name Atlantis, you would have to find a thing and then name that thing "Atlantis." That is because there is no "thing that bears the name Atlantis," other than the resort hotel/casino in the Bahamas, that is.

That being said, there is an entire group of academics out there trying to find the roots of Plato's Atlantis story right now as we speak. The group is made up primarily of Archaeologists. they had their first symposium last spring. I'll look around for the link, but to me it would seem that since you know so much about how the "system" works to stop funding for Atlantis research, then you should already know all about this group. After all you wouldn't make such an outrageous claim without first doing even a small amount of research into the idea, would you? I mean, you wouldn't just take what Childress, Hancock, Cremo and Sitchen tell you and run with it without at the very least trying to verify even the tiniest portion of it, would you? That would be the act of a very closed minded individual who would certainly not

seem to be much more open to at least trying to find explanations that fit the facts, rather than explaining without all the facts

Harte

I am very interested in finding out more information about this particular pyramid with the miles of statues, buildings, and pillared temples. The only thing that I can think, as to why so much scrutiny be laid upon him, is because of the claims of it being Atlantis. If ANYONE came up with that sort of actual evidence, I'm sure that at least one person would have video taped it again by now. I would love to see what was found.

:tu:

Well I believe that there are many ancient civilizations that thru some natural disasters etc have sunken.. and that the memories.. legends of these have been passed down over time..... there are evidence of them thruout the world .. helped along with the modern technology of satellite archeology... They are discovering evidence of many submerged civilizations .. of course not all of them could be the famed Atlantis... but they could have been around at the time of... or traded with those of Atlantis.. hense many valuable relics ... ruins will have been of around at the same time... then there is also the souvenir collectors... the merchants... travellers of those times that would have spread these valuables.. from other cultures.. nations ...and spread the knowledge aquired possessions.. mimiced arts.. cultures... just like we do today.... So there may be evidence of 'Atlanteans' all over the world!!!!!

http://www.archaeologyonline.net/artifacts...erif-vedas.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/...80819081042.htm

It also helps to find lost cities on land...

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/9...n_Collapse.html

The latest breakthrough using the combination of remote sensing and traditional archaeology resulted from Sever and Irwin's teaming up in 2001 with William Saturno, an archaeologist at the University of New Hampshire. Saturno is most famous for finding the oldest known Mayan mural.

When Saturno took a look at Sever and Irwin's high-resolution infrared satellite images, taken from the commercial satellite IKONOS, he was surprised to find that trees around known Mayan sites showed up discolored in the images. It didn't take long for Saturno and his team of graduate students to take advantage of this discovery. Trekking deep into the tropical forest, they used the images as a map to find a series of previously unknown sites much faster and more easily than they could have before.

Two men standing in a cave-like opening

"You can predict where you're going to see things. Then you navigate using [the global positioning system] to get there," Saturno said. "Even within an archaeological site, you can tell where structures are, based on the tree images. So you can tell the site's layout."

Image to right: NASA scientist Daniel Irwin (left) and archaeologist William Saturno of the University of New Hampshire in Durham explore a trench below an ancient Mayan pyramid. Credit: NASA

Why are trees around prehistoric Mayan ruins discolored in satellite images? One explanation is that Mayan agriculture changed the nutritional content and moisture levels of the land. Also, the use of limestone and lime plasters to build Mayan cities changed the soil's chemistry, thus altering the local vegetation.

http://www.crystalinks.com/atlantisnews.html

Satellite Captures Creation of New Continental Crust Scientific American - July 20, 2006

A new sea is forming in the desert of northeastern Ethiopia. Millions of years from now, the pulling apart of the Arabian and Nubian tectonic plates will allow waters to rush in and widen the Red Sea http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa...CFF83414B7F0000

Edited by crystal sage

Support for the good doctor is what I intended. I had no inclination to think that you were calling him a fraud; rather, the intent was to show that another had seen material on the subject.

As to Brown being a doctor, I make absolute guarantees that I don't think because a man is a doctor he is not a liar. There is enough evidence in the current crop of medicine, physics, chemistry, etc. to support the overall conclusion that whatever is said must have salt within. Frankly... Well, I'd better leave this alone.

Regardless, I did see the video, and it did cause me to think. Not necessarily believe, mind you, but definitely think.

Here's some info I've come across

"Dr. Ray Brown's Crystal Sphere

In 1970, Dr. Ray Brown, a naturopathic practitioner from Mesa, Arizona, went scuba diving with some friends near the Bari Islands in the Bahamas, close to a popular area known as the Tongue of the Ocean (This was depicted in the television show, "In Search Of -- Atlantis," originally made in 1979.

During one of his dives, Brown became separated from his friends and while searching for them he was startled when he came across a strange pyramid shape silhouetted against the aquamarine light.

Upon investigating further, Brown was surprised by how smooth and mirror-like was the stone surface of the whole structure, with the joints between the individual blocks almost indiscernible.

Swimming around the capstone, which Brown thought might have been lapis lazuli, he discovered an entrance and decided to explore inside.

Passing along a narrow hallway, Brown finally came to a small rectangular room with a pyramid-shaped ceiling. He was totally amazed that this room contained no algae or coral growing on the inner walls. They were completely spotless!

In addition, though Brown had brought no torch with him, he could nevertheless see everything in the room with his normal eyesight. The room was well lit, but no direct light source was visible.

Brown's attention was drawn to a brassy metallic rod three inches in diameter hanging down from the apex of the center of the room and at its end was attached a many-facetted red gem, which tapered to a point.

Directly below this rod and gem, sitting in the middle of the room, was a stand of carved stone topped by a stone plate with scrolled ends. On the plate there was a pair of carved metal bronze-colored hands, life-sized, which appeared blackened and burnt, as if having been subjected to tremendous heat.

Nestled in the hands, and situated four feet directly below the ceiling rod gem point, was a crystal sphere four-inches in diameter.

Brown tried to loosen the ceiling rod and red gemstone but neither would move. Returning to the crystal sphere, he found, to his amazement, that it separated easily from the bronze hand holders. With the crystal sphere in his right hand he then made his way out of the pyramid.

As he departed, Brown felt an unseen presence and heard a voice telling him never to return!

Fearing, rightly, that his unusual prize might be confiscated as salvage-treasure by the American Government, Dr. Brown did not reveal the existence of his strange crystal sphere, nor did he relate his experiences until 1975, when he exhibited his crystal for the first time at a psychic seminar in Phoenix.

Since that time, the crystal sphere has made only a very few public appearances but on each occasion people who have seen it have experienced strange phenomena directly associated with it.

Deep inside the crystal form, one gazes upon three pyramidical images, one in front of the other,in decreasing sizes. Some people who enter a deep meditative state of consciousness are able to discern a fourth pyramid, in the foreground of the other three.

Elizabeth Bacon, a New York psychic, claimed while in trance, that the crystal sphere had once belonged to Thoth, the Egyptian God who was responsible for burying a secret vault of knowledge in Giza, near the three great Pyramids.

Perhaps the positions of the three pyramidical images in the crystal sphere hold the long-sought key to finding a fourth, as yet unfound, subterranean pyramid that will lead us to the Hall of Records? Who knows?

Looking at the crystal sphere from the side, the internal images dissolve into thousands of tiny fracture lines. Brown feels that these may prove to be electrical in nature, like some form of microscopic circuitry.

From yet another angle, and under special conditions, many people have been able to see a large single human eye staring out serenely at them. Photographs of this eye have also been taken!

Dr. Brown's crystal sphere has been the source of a wide variety of paranormal and mysterious occurrences. People have felt breezes or winds blowing close to it. Both cold and warm layers surround it at various distances. Other witnesses have observed phantom lights, heard voices or felt strange tingling sensations surrounding it.

A compass needle, when placed next to the crystal sphere, will spin counter-clockwise, then commence turning in the opposite direction when moved only inches away. Metals become temporarily magnetized when they come into close contact with the sphere.

There are even recorded instances where healing has taken place by merely touching the sphere.

We may only speculate as to why the crystal sphere was created and what part it once played within the underwater Bahamas pyramid discovered by Ray Brown!

If, as we suspect, this area of water once formed part of the continent of Atlantis, then what other buried treasures await future divers? The possibilities are endless.

Seismographic surveys carried out across the Atlantic Ocean have shown that there are many deviations and unexplained contours to be found right at the bottom of the ocean. To date, however, no serious exploration has ever been undertaken to find out exactly what is to be found on the ocean's floor.

Perhaps Brown's Bahamas pyramid once formed part of Atlantis. It has been suggested that this sunken pyramid once attracted, accumulated, and even generated some form of cosmic force.

The suspended rod may have conducted forces accumulated in the capstone. The faceted red gem at its end may have been used to concentrate and project the energies to the crystal sphere below it. The burnt and blackened hands, showing the evidence of an energy transfer, probably amplified the release of these energies while the crystal sphere acted as the tuner and broadcaster of the energies.

http://www.crystalinks.com/crystalpyr.html

http://www.lost-civilizations.net/possible...atlantis-2.html

Edited by crystal sage

PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF ATLANTIS

3/27/02 3:29:46 PM Pacific Standard Time

Note: forwarded message attached.

This article preceeded the very recent discoveries of extensive, probable,

Atlantian ruins in deep water off Cuba . I ran into a book a couple of years

ago that had a section in it from some of the Cartographers who mapped the

Atlantic basin from the North to the South polar regions. An English

cartographer (the English did it twice the US once) commented in this book

that there is the unmistakeable outlines of a massive continent stretching

from Spain across the Atlantic basin to the Yucatan Peninsula.

Since 95% of those in the USA , past life regressed under hypnosis, back far

enough, describe in Detail, their life or lives in Atlantis accordingly , I

thought you'all might be interested. I know I was there - how about the rest

of you????

http://www.davidicke.net/mysteries/atlantis/evidence.html

http://www.crystalinks.com/atlantis4.html

The ruins of temples dated at 12,000 years old have been found near Bimini,

Bahamas. Megalithic structures are not supposed to be in the Bahamas.

Preliminary analysis has revealed that the original structures, although

smaller in size than the Great Pyramid of Giza, appear to have been more

advanced.

Casing stones have been measured which are of the same unique angle as those

at the Great Pyramid.

The ruins are megalithic and bear a remarkable resemblance to ancient sites

in Egypt. So called "quarry marks" found in the Aswan quarries and also on

the Great Pyramid, itself, appear to be identical matches with those found

on the Bimini temple stones.

One major difference, however, between the Egyptian sites and these stones

is that on The Bimini stones you find a great number of sky maps which have

recorded the paths of various heavenly bodies. The major concern of the

mysterious ancient civilization that produced these heavenly maps seems to

have been Saturn and Jupiter - with the oldest records reflecting an

emphasis in Saturn.

Some of the stones are under water and some of them are under the sand under

water. They are not in their original formation.

It appears that the most important or revered numbers associated with these

ruins were the numbers five and nine. These numbers were also of great

significance to the ancients of Egypt and Meso-America.

Evidence indicates that a "checkerboard" calculator system was being used.

Examples of this system were found on top of the Great Pyramid and were long

used for numerical calculations in Meso-America. This same checkerboard

pattern shows up on the lintel stones of temples built by Celts of Iberian

origin. Also, according to some astronomers, this pattern served as a

calendar regulator to measure the sunrise and sunset directions on solstices

and equinoxes.

Other characteristics closely match features at megalithic sites in Peru,

the Yucatan, Ireland and Scandinavia.

Analysis of these enigmatic ancient temples built near Bimini over 12,000

years ago has only just begun.

Although many maps of the heavenly realm adorn various walls of these

mysterious Bimini temples, there is an almost complete lack of other

markings. Of the limited glyphs that do exist, however, several match those

found in the famous Altamira Cave in Spain (known as the Sistine Chapel of

pre-history) which contains the well-known bison painting. In addition,

there are exact orbital plots of the planets and what seem to have been

intricate star shafts, metal-coated walls, and intermingled stones of

various colors.

One of the unique features of the ancient temple ruins, built near Bimini by

an unknown advanced civilization which apparently was thriving while most of

the rest of the world was plodding through the Stone Ages, is that these

stones may be far more likely to yield an accurate account of their true age

than most of the famous megalithic sites around the world.

There are also instances in which lava has flowed in between some of the

temple stones which may give scientists an approximate date when submitted

to testing.

The antiquity of the stones almost leaps out at you upon first glance. There

are hollows which have been left in certain broken stones which have

undergone such an extensive amount of crystal growth upon their inner

surfaces that they now look like the inside of a geode!

In many cases, the cement that once held the huge stones together is now

completely crystallized. Some of the massive granite blocks, themselves, now

exhibit significant portions, which have metamorphosed over the ages to the

point where they are no longer even granite.

But perhaps, most significant of all is the fact that organic matter has

been found within a hermetic seal; along with unrusted, worked iron. The

iron began to rust soon after the seal was opened, however, which would

indicate that the seat had prevented the entry of oxygen for thousands of

years. The organic matter was in pristine condition and should prove to be

an interesting target for dating procedures. Other hermetic seals, which

have yet to be opened, are know to exist as well.

Edgar Cayce predicted that just this sort of thing would be discovered.

These findings not only match Cayce's predictions but Plato's writings There

are exact orbital plots of the planets and what seem to have been intricate

star shafts, metal-coated walls, and intermingled stones of various colors

(including red, white and black).

Aaron DuVal

President, Egyptology Society

Miami Museum of Science

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/atlev.htm

City on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean off Spain found by Dr. Maxine

Asher's expedition in 1973

Reported by UPI.

Pyramid explored by Dr. Ray Brown on the sea floor off the Bahamas in 1970.

Brown was accompanied by 4 divers who also found roads, domes, rectangular

buildings, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a

"mysterious" crystal containing miniature pyramids. The metal devices and

crystals were taken to Florida for analysis at a university there. What was

discovered was that the crystal amplified energy that passed through it.

It is made in a method unknown to the scientists who analyzed it. It was

found in a mysteriously lit up chamber inside the underwater pyramid with

some kind of ray gun like instrument pointed at it. Kirlian photographs,

which record impressions beyond our limited range of vision, showed an eye

inside the crystal not visible to the naked eye.

What technology could build a long blacktop paved road for hundreds of miles

that was still in good condition over 10,000 years later! This road was

found underwater off the East Coast by the deep diving submarine Aluminaut

and contained magnesium oxide.

In 1977, a mysterious discovery was made on the floor of the Atlantic

concerning an unknown technology. A 650-foot pyramid was mysteriously lit

up, with sparkling white water surrounding it that turned deep green, a

shocking contrast to the dark black waters at that depth. The discovery was

photographed by Arl Marahall's expedition off Cay Sal.

Dr. William Bell's 1958 photos taken on the bottom of the Atlantic showed a

six-foot spire protruding from a couple of circular gear-like bases with

peculiar light emanations from the bottom of the shaft. Were these the

remnants of the Eternal Flame spoken of by the ancients, powered by an

inter-dimensional cosmic energy taken out of the atmosphere by a form of

crystal conductor at the apex of pyramids or towers?

Pyramids larger than any building in the world made in our modern times have

been found on the bottom the Atlantic Ocean and in China, and one in Egypt

that our own technology has failed to match.

These Pyramids have cement that our scientists admit is superior to what we

use today. The writings of the ancients describe pyramids as Time Capsules

containing the history and technology of the Empire of the Sun and latter

day Atlantis.

A huge pyramid, in 10,000 feet of Atlantic water, was reported to have been

found with a pulsating crystal on top of it, by Tony Benik's expedition. The

group also found an opaque crystal tablet there, and reported that when a

light was beamed through it, mysterious inscriptions became visible.

More underwater pyramids were found off Central America, Yucatan, and

Louisiana, where domes were found in the Straits of Florida. A marble Greek

style building was found between Florida and Cuba. And what about the column

that radiated energy Dr. Zink found in the Bahamas and Zink also brought up

other artifacts from his dives over Atlantis, and he was interviewed by Mind

International agent Steve Forsberg.

One of the most amazing finds on the bottom of the Atlantic was reported by

Captain Reyes Miraga's crew on the salvage ship Talia from Spain. They

video-taped miles of pillared temples, buildings, and statues and wide

curving boulevards, with smaller avenues branching out from the center like

spokes in a wheel, with majestic temples and pyramids. Much of this city, as

well as the city found off Spain by Dr. Maxine Asher's expedition and later

by Professor Akayonove's expedition (all photographed), show a startling

similarity to Plato's description of Atlantis!

An urn brought to the surface by Dr. Asher's expedition.

More than 30 separate ruins have been found on the bottom of the Atlantic

since 1956, and in ancient libraries, several old maps showing Atlantis and

its island chain have been found. The islands are known as Aryan, Og.

Poseid, and Antigua and the nation was Atlan. Garden City, or Poseid, was

reportedly the capital of a continent stretching from off of North Africa

and Europe to off Florida with a tropical climate on the western and

southern shores, and a cool climate on the north and east.

Ruins of roads and buildings found off Bimini Island in the 1960's by the

photographed and published expeditions of Dr. Mansan Valentine. Steven

Forsberg, co-founder of the Lahaina Times newspaper dove into these ruins in

1982 to witness them first hand. Similar ruins were also photographed off

Cay Sal in the Bahamas. The ruins are of the same construction as the oldest

city ever found on land, according; to archaeologists, in Tiajuanaco,

Bolivia, where a calendar was uncovered that shows the exact position of the

stars and planets 27,000 years ago. This is more than 20,000 years BEFORE

the oldest civilizations in school history books!

Similar underwater ruins found off Morocco and photographed 50 to 60 feet

underwater.

Dr. David Zink found in 1957, off the Bahamas coast, a stylized marble head,

building block cast in a mold and a construction piece drilled by a bit, as

well as a stone column that he reported radiated energy. Forsberg of

M.I.N.D. interviewed Dr. Zink and obtained the photographs.

A ruined harbor like complex discovered on the sea floor off Bimini Captain

John Alexander.

The deep sea diving submarine Aluminaut discovered a well preserved paved

road on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean make of blacktop magnesium oxide,

running along the sea floor from Florida to South Carolina.

Temple pillars, buildings, statues, wide curving boulevards with smaller

avenues branching out like spokes in a wheel, majestic temples and pyramids

videotaped by Captain Reyes Miraga on the Spanish named salvage ship

"Talia".

A huge 11 room pyramid found 10,000 feet under water in the mid Atlantic

Ocean with a huge crystal top, as reported by Tony Benlk.

Several acres of white marble-like ruins found on tile ocean floor off Cuba

reported by Lieceser Hemingway.

Mysterious dome structures reportedly seen in clear water by several pilots

in the Straits of Florida.

Soviet expeditions to the Atlantic Ampere Seamount resulted in photographs

of ruins destroyed by lava (like the Aztecs and Mayans wrote Atlan was

destroyed by). This discovery was in the New York Times May 21, 1978. The

photos were developed by the Academy's Petrovsky Marakuyev and reported by

the deputy Director of the Soviet Academy of Science's Institute of

Oceanography, Professor Aksyonove, who also reported ruins found off Cadiz,

Spain in the same area as Dr., Maxine Asher's previous discovery.

1981 expedition of P. Cappellano discovered mysterious ruins with strange

symbols on them on the sea floor off the Canary Islands.

1977 report of a huge pyramid found off Cay Sal in the Bahamas, photographed

by Ari Marshall's expedition, about 150 feet underwater. The pyramid was

about 650 feet high. Mysteriously, the surrounding water was lit by

sparkling white water flowing out of the openings in the pyramid and

surrounded by green water, instead of the black water everywhere else at

that depth.

The foundations of a 100 by 75 foot structure photographed on the sea bottom

off Andros Island.

A sunken city about 400 miles off Portugal found by Soviet expeditions led

by Boris Asturua, with buildings made of extremely strong concrete and

plastics. He said "the remains of streets suggests the use of monorails for

transportation". He added that he brought up a statue.

Pillars found on the Atlantic floor in 1969 by Robert Fero and Michael

Grumley, a chunk of which was carved from rock NOT found anywhere in that

part of the world. 20. A road off the Bahamas explored by Dr. Manson

Valentine.

Dimitri Rebikoff, using his underwater platform and a special collecting

lens, reported ruins found encircling an underwater freshwater spring.

Marble Acropolis underwater across five acres of fluted columns raised on

pillars.

Heinrich Schilemann, the man who found and excavated the famous ruins of

Troy {which historians thought was only a legend), reportedly left a written

account of his discovery of a bronze vase with a metal unknown to scientists

who examined it, in the famous Priam Treasure. Inside it are glyphs in

Phoenician stating that it was from King Chronos of Atlantis! IDENTICAL

pottery was found in Tiajuanaco, Bolivia.

Twenty researchers, including archaeologists, a marine biologist, geologist,

and cartographer dove onto ruins on the sea floor off Bimini in 1975 and

brought back artifacts from which they concluded that the walls and roads

were made of materials not found in that part of the world.

MAP EVIDENCE

1. Professor Charles Hapgood, Professor of Geology at New Hampshire

University, reported that a large unknown Atlantic Island appears on an

ancient map (the famous Piri is a map seen on TV and in dozens of books).

2. An ancient map that King Henry owned in 1500 A.D. clearly shows Atlantis.

3. Greek documents and maps showing Atlantis that Christopher Columbus

studied before he set sail for America, including the 1482 Benincasa Map

showing 3 Atlantis islands that no longer exist!

source:

http://www.crystalinks.com/atlantis4.html

http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/biminiexpedition.html

Edited by crystal sage

I don't really know very much about geology, how common are naturally created pyramid-shaped rock formations?

I don't really know very much about geology, how common are naturally created pyramid-shaped rock formations?

I don't think they are... they were trying to pass of the pyramids of

China as naturally formed landscapes... and actually actively enhanced them by deliberately growing trees etc on them to hide them... ^_^

http://www.earthquest.co.uk/china/china.html

Edited by crystal sage

Extremely uncommon, unlike the insertion of dead (or never-existing) links as sources for outlandish material, such as Crystal Sage provided in her completely cut-and-pasted series of posts about a nonexistent Atlantean continent and the hoax pyramid of "Dr." Brown.

Harte

Extremely uncommon, unlike the insertion of dead (or never-existing) links as sources for outlandish material, such as Crystal Sage provided in her completely cut-and-pasted series of posts about a nonexistent Atlantean continent and the hoax pyramid of "Dr." Brown.

Harte

this conversation is sounding like a repitition of the Bosnian Pyramid.... :yes:

"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...13-pyramid.html

"A war of words continues to rage over the alleged discovery of an ancient pyramid in Bosnia. Bosnian-American pyramid buff Semir "Sam" Osmanagic claims a four-sided hill in the town of Visoko is Europe's first known pyramid, larger than any ever built in Egypt. But in the latest salvo in this battle, the president of the European Association of Archaeologists said on Friday that he had visited the 700-foot (213-meter) hill and saw no evidence that it was human-made. Speaking at a press conference in Sarajevo, Anthony Harding told reporters the pyramid-shaped hill was a natural phenomenon. "My opinion and the opinion of my colleagues is what we saw was entirely geological in nature," the AFP news agency quoted him as saying. "Further work of the same kind would simply produce the same results. I don't think it would change any view about what the nature of the hill is," he said. Harding, an archaeology professor at England's University of Exeter, visited Visoko, 18 miles (30 kilometers) from Sarajevo, on Thursday.

!!!!!!!!!!!

***In April 2006 the Houston-based Osmanagic and a mostly volunteer crew began limited excavations in the area and drilled exploratory wells. The team uncovered what they describe as large stone blocks shaped by human hands and a network of tunnels fronted by a wide, paved entranceway. Osmanagic has speculated that Illyrians—ancient ancestors of today's Albanians—could have built the alleged pyramid perhaps as early as 12,000 years ago during the last ice age.*** "

this is an Alternative History thread is it not???

I do believe that those people came up with reasonable assumptions.. visions of what civilizations of old may well have been... if you do go thru many of the oldest legends and myths and bibilical tales.. excerpts from ancient historians poets.. archeological findings.. old tablets you get jigsaw pieces that can very much add up to what these people came up with....

http://www.goldenageproject.org.uk/seakings.html

http://members.tripod.com/~Glove_r/Hapgood.html

http://home.comcast.net/~chris.s/myth.html

http://www.atlastours.net/syria/mari.html

"Excavations revealed the remains of a 275 room palace covering 2.5 hectares, with a great library stacked with 20,000 cuneiform tablets.

This palace is the most impressive and best preserved of the Early Bronze Age palaces unearthed in the region. It is one of the most extensive excavated in the Middle East and was constructed across several centuries, though it misleadingly bears the name of the last ruler, Zimri-Lim. The fact that the building was deliberately destroyed, its mud walls half knocked down to fill in the rooms, accounts for its remarkable state of preservation.

A religious scene board of mosaic from temple of Dagan, Mari, made of sea-shells, ivory and lapis lazuli"

http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subj...i=9780197261170

In 1936 a French archaeological expedition to Mari, the capital of a kingdom on the Middle Euphrates in Syria, uncovered a vast archive of some 25,000 cuneiform tablets. Examining this huge corpus of Old Babylonian documents, mostly from the Mari palace, Malamat provides evidence of how the tablets reveal a vivid picture of Mesopotamia at a time when the Israelites were in their earliest formative stage. The broad spectrum of the Mari documents, from exotic prophecies to political intrigue, provides innumerable opportunities for comparative research into early Israel, the Bible, and Biblical Hebrew.

:tu: who knows... some interesting Atlanta info will be found here!!!

If a hurricane can wipe out Hog Island, I am sure a hurricane can wipe out lots of other islands and land around the Americas.

Yonaguni is absolutely a natural formation. This is not to say that there aren't any flooded archaeological sites though. Yonaguni itself was above water around 10,000 BC. Funny, though, how the fantasists that go on and on about Yonaguni and how the "scientists brush it off because it doesn't fit in to their timeline" completely ignore the real underwater archaeological sites all around the same area as Yonaguni which date to approximately the same time and even earlier. These sites were above water when they were occupied, during the last Ice Age, and were utilized by what these scientists refer to as the Jomon Culture.

I agree. I had heard that the Yonaguni "Pyramid" actually showed the same wear patterns and same rock geology as the local coastline. It may have been worked on, but I don't think anyone built it. Unless you want to believe they worked the entire local coastline to match.

Most of the other stuff in this thread is very interesting too. The underwater Cuban pyramid sounds like it should be followed up on by scientists using modern technology. Something like that shouldn't be able to hide for long.