Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Green glow in bedroom

dog soldier

I once had an experience with my mother that still to this day is not explained. We were living in a little community in Ontario, Canada. This was around 1987 or so. We were sleeping over at my grandmothers house. We were in a downstairs bedroom as were my grandparents. There was 1 window and the doorway. I have no idea what time it was. My mother and i both sat upright in bed and looked around the room. The room took on a bright green glow. I know this sounds impossible but... It lasted for about 30 seconds or so. Now I would expect you to think "Oh, I came from the window or doorway". But our window was side by side to the neighbor's house. We were facing siding. The gap between houses was not big enough to walk between. So, with that said, anyone have any imput?

I once had an experience with my mother that still to this day is not explained. We were living in a little community in Ontario, Canada. This was around 1987 or so. We were sleeping over at my grandmothers house. We were in a downstairs bedroom as were my grandparents. There was 1 window and the doorway. I have no idea what time it was. My mother and i both sat upright in bed and looked around the room. The room took on a bright green glow. I know this sounds impossible but... It lasted for about 30 seconds or so. Now I would expect you to think "Oh, I came from the window or doorway". But our window was side by side to the neighbor's house. We were facing siding. The gap between houses was not big enough to walk between. So, with that said, anyone have any imput?

I know this is not what you want to hear, but even though the gap was not big enough to walk through, I bet it was big enough to allow light to pass through.

Yes, but what the heck has a bright green glow and goes between houses in the middle of the night?

Yes, but what the heck has a bright green glow and goes between houses in the middle of the night?

Hmm, a cat with a glow stick tied to it?

• Thanks 1

The window was higher up. I have thought of every possible source. Frustrating.....hrrr

Um, do you sometimes turn green and exhibit violent fits of rage and superhuman strength? Are you hunted by the millitary?

If so don't worry about it. It wasn't anything supernatural, you were just exposed to gamma radiation. Perfectly normal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_%28comics%29

Edited by Ins0mniac

http://wvlightning.com/faqw2.shtml

Lightening strikes can cause a green glow and the light could have been bright enough to come through the window? What was the weather like that night? Did you hear anything going on outside?

That might explain why you and your Mom both woke up and saw it. Hearing the strike or thunder of an earlier strike and waking up to see the glow.

*scratches head?*

Mabon.

^^ That sounds like the most likely explanation.

Although Fire in the Sky was on the SciFi channel last night....

That would be a great explanation guys. Trouble is it was in middle of winter. -30 weather does not permit lightning. There were no search lights. No weather balloons. I give it up

We were sleeping over at my grandmothers house.

My mother and i both sat upright in bed and looked around the room. The room took on a bright green glow.

Hey Dog: I'm not going for my normally rational speculation on this because this has happened to me.

My conclusion is that this is some kind of simi-psychic projection state or some situation that lets psychic energy through from somewhere. I bet you and your mother both doubt now that you were awake.

My light is more of a lite lime green. I would suggest to enjoy these events and try to project or communicate with entitys that might be present. Sometimes I feel this is from someone who is just showing me what I might be capable of myself.

Good Luck, the fog is next.

I've had a similar experience when I was a child in Flordia on a trip. In the bed I looked at the door and saw that a green glow was coming through it, under it, the keyhole etc. A little later an entire army came through as green mist. It was mostly cavalry I remember, but if i touched them they exploded and disipated. It was pretty weird.

Good Luck, the fog is next.

Just curious. What fog? Would I not have seen it yet? This was 20 years ago.

I've had a bright green fleuroesent ball, size of soccar ball, appear in corner of my living room wall and appear halfway up between the floor to the ceiling. It would pulsate off and on-- small and larger-- larger to small... I sat there at my table smoking a cig. watching this glowing light. I wasn't scared in the least bit. I got up once and checked my windows and under the furniture in case it was flashlight, or kid's toys etc,.... but it was nothing lke that. I sat there looking at this thing, staring at it, and it just went on doing it's business pulsating... I said finally "screw this, I'm going to bed," and off to bed I went.

This is true story. :rolleyes:

btw,

im on 20 acres of woods and I'm the only house, with only lights in the 20 acres radius... it wasn't neighbors..that I know.

Edited by Sunny98

I've had a bright green fleuroesent ball, size of soccar ball, appear in corner of my living room wall and appear halfway up between the floor to the ceiling. It would pulsate off and on-- small and larger-- larger to small... I sat there at my table smoking a cig. watching this glowing light. I wasn't scared in the least bit. I got up once and checked my windows and under the furniture in case it was flashlight, or kid's toys etc,.... but it was nothing lke that. I sat there looking at this thing, staring at it, and it just went on doing it's business pulsating... I said finally "screw this, I'm going to bed," and off to bed I went.

This is true story. :rolleyes:

btw,

im on 20 acres of woods and I'm the only house, with only lights in the 20 acres radius... it wasn't neighbors..that I know.

That type of green is a magnifiscient color. The only explanation I can come up with for what happened to me is possibly a battle occured around there. Either that or I was hallucinating. I remember a couple other things that happened in that vacation trailer as well.

Well, here, lets see, I am maybe 50 yards from the old county's hangman's tree... the stump is still there, rotten, but it's there. My private drive leads to where this hangman's tree used to be full action and certified :devil: . They cut it down in early part of 1950's (?). But ive been here all my life, and haven't seen really anything relevant to that stump (other than unsual noises on the dirt drive at night while walking- like horse and buggy noises).

Ironically, this ball of light, did appear just few weeks after the death of both of my parents.... dunno.

This color green, does it necessarily mean anything, or supposed to symbolize something??

Edited by Sunny98

Not sure if this will help you Sunny, but this is my theory on seeing things in colors like this.

What you see isn't actually what you see, it's how your brain percieves what you see. Since your brain has to process it before you see it, it mixes in memories and other things into it. You see green because of the combinations of memories and emotions that are attributed to that green color.

What is there isn't actually green, but your brain is making you perceive it as green to help you understand its symbolism better.

As humans we all have a likeness to our emotions, so green might be pretty uniform in what we perceive it as. Although each of us are a little different, so in each of us the hue of the green might have different meanings.

My mother and I saw a glowing green cricket in her bed once, well I saw it and now she claims she did too, maybe so I don't think I am crazy. And my sister and I saw a large, glowing green, bat.. in the sky on halloween. I even wrote about in my diary right after, luckily for me my sister has forgotten (sarcasm) :3 she can hardly remember her own family's name's sometimes though. None of this is helpful to you though, OP :(

Thanks for the imput guys. I wish we did just dismiss the light and go back to sleep. But we still talk about it today. We don't doubt ourselves in the least.

• 15 years later...

same experience when i was in highschool. Middle of the night i wake up to this green glow in my room. I hear buzzing and i feel very calm and relaxed.

32 minutes ago, PeterMuskrat said:

same experience when i was in highschool. Middle of the night i wake up to this green glow in my room. I hear buzzing and i feel very calm and relaxed.

8FC88C51-C140-462F-9355-D869FC26EF63.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why do some people insist dreams were real? 15 years ago or today.

80s Canada, neighbor just replaced their black light with a green light, went better with the new Rush album. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2007 at 9:16 AM, dog soldier said:

Yup, you were being messed with by alien invaders. That green glow was an illusion. I've seen green glows as well.

• Haha 1

Large bolide /meteor with nickel / magnesium / iron in it.

• Like 2