Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
bogs

beaver bank radar

53 posts in this topic

bogs

well here's the results of my weeks of investigation. after going to the radar in the beaver bank villa ( http://www.cpscghosts.com/villa.html ) i have yet to confirm if it is indeed haunted. i've been going there about 10:00 every night. almost every time i have gone there a extreamly thick fog has covered about 3/4 of it. the few times that the fog has not been there i've gone inside only to hear banging noises. the banging noises get louder as i proceed farther into the radar and closer to the stairs. rather then temt fate i just leave. people have told me that dead bodies have been dumped inside the oil pit on the bottom floor. this pit goes down for two stories so it is impossable for me to go in with the materials i have. even if i could hold my breath that long the water is too murky to see. i seem to be getting no where in this investigation and wonder if i should continue.

bogs

p.s don't be bothered by the spelling errors. i haven't slept soundly for days and it's starting to get to me.

PurpleStuart

I had a look at the link, although there are are few pictures it doesn't say much about the history of the place, or whats going on or whats been witnessed there. Can you fill us in?

Hi bogs same as PS has seid it would we be good if you could give us a little more info it looks a very interesting and i would like to know a little more about it.  :)

Hope you dont mind bogs i have done a search here is what i have found out not a lot but ill put the link in were i got it from

More recently, stories of strange occurences at the abandoned military base in Beaver Bank have emerged. Walsh said observers have walked to the radar station in the evening and seen mysterious glowing lights with no obvious source.

Theres something weird going on at that old military base,; Walsh said.There seem to be mysterious balls of lights appearing where the old military base was.

http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/porb.htm

PurpleStuart

interesting comment on EMF at the end of that article - that might explain alot.

bogs

yes but thats not the only strange thing going on in the villa. there have also been reports of a transparent man that roams the streets at night. also just before you enter the villa there have been reports of a ghost that shoots across the road as you drive in. many near accidents as well as a few almost fatal ones. as a paranormal investigator (kind of) i'm always looking for any one of these three, but have yet to find a whole lot.

bogs

theres all kinds of interesting things in beaver bank. haunted houses, ghost sightings and the "dragon lake" you should look it up.

iLuMiNaTi

I've been there before too. It is some really messed up stuff. This is freaky at night time to go there. I live in beford so I am not too far from it. But some guys from the car club I am in we go up there to smoke the gonja and it just trips me out hardcore.

steve1

:alien: I grew up in beaverbank villa i lived there for almost 30 years. Over the years i went to the radar { we called it the plant because in the 70's it was used for making precast concrete walls for buildings such as micmac mall by a company called Lundrigans} probably 1000's of time during the day and night. We all used to party there in the summer and winter { smoke dope drink beer make out or just explore the inside of the building}.My freinds and i were over every part of that and all the other buildings . Myself i never did see anything weird but have heard of others that have. What i know to be true is that when they we're building the radar 1 worker was electrocuted and 2 more died while they were pouring the concrete. Years later in the 70's a worker was crushed to death by a precast concrete wall. And the open pit you talk about we used to take styrafoam sheets 4 inches thick and 4 ft X 8 ft and get on them and go paddling around and through doorways because lundrigans had flooded it to have a water supply to use for makeing concrete i saw wrecked cars and bikes and furniture but never any bodies. if you would like more info leave a blog i know alot about it. Also there was a murder in the villa itself in the early 70's

SL3DNECK

Hey ,

i been to the radar,,,about 10 times,,,cause i live a 15min atv drive down the road.

i never seen anything to belive its haunted but i have had werid fogs and bangs come out of know wheres...also interestingly these bang only seem to happen when its just 2 of us there,,,cause when i go with bigger groups nothing happens....so i donno

also i donno about other that been there,,,but sometimes when your in different parts you just get werid feeling that you have to leave now!

does anyone know if theres tunnels or not ..cause i herd rumors if there.

also the part that filled with water.. how many floors are underwater?

Cause the water is flooded about 7/8s of the way up of water ever that sub level is and im gonna wait till winter and crawl down onto the ice and see what eles i can find.

steve1
:alien: the part that is flooded goes down about 10 feet my freinds and i used to take styrafoam sheets out of the ceiling and use them as boats to go through this area as you went through the doorways would get lower and lower so you could only go so far. At one time it was pumped out when my dad worked there in the 70's and i went up there on a saturday with him and some coworkers and we took a walk through it {the pit area} and i remember old rooms i was around 12 at the time. I know it was real scarey but nothing weird happened .As far as the noises go we were always hearing some kind of banging from inside the building ,just thought it was the old building it had alot of things hanging off it inside and out ,more inside. Wouldn,this be a great place to make a horror movie

steve1
:alien: it is only 1 floor under the water.I also knew a fella that worked on the crew that built the plant{ warren Peters} he passed away a few years ago he was in his 80's i knew him since i was a little kid. I remember asking him this and he said that there were no tunnels.Like i said the only reason it was flooded was so they would have a handy supply of water for makeing concrete. It would be cool if someone would pump it out so people could go down and see.

SL3DNECK

Thanks Steve

andydandy

Hey everyone. :D

My name is Andy and I'm 16. I live in Berry Hill, Nova Scotia, and when I take the back roads I can get to the Beaverbank Villa in about 15 minutes. I was just there for the first time in about 3 years this past weekend. To my surprise, all of the PMQ buildings are torn down and all that's really there now are several sets of stairs, old beat up cars and rubble from the buildings that used to exist. The guys I was with decided that they wanted to try and talk back to the old Radar Tower / Concrete Plant so I decided to follow them... (I wasn't going to stand around the Villa all by myself in the dark.) It's quite a long walk back that road, and to tell you the truth, I had a weird feeling inside of me and something was telling me that I wasn't supposed to be there. When we finally got to the tower, we realised that we weren't the only ones there. There was another group of people, probably around our age, doing the exact same thing. We ended up finding a way to get into the tower, but we didn't actually go in considering it was dark and we'd never been in there before.. we didn't know what we were walking in to. We plan on going back sometime soon during the day so we can explore around in the tower. Plus, I don't like going at night, I had a horrible, horrible feeling that night.

I wasn't aware that a total of 5 people died there. (4 died in the plant and 1 got murdered.. that's what I was told anyways.) I also didn't know that so many people think the place is haunted. It was about 10pm when we were there. It was a relatively hot night, the only thing we could hear were the frogs in the swamp near the tower and the occassional airplane flying overhead. There was no fog or bangs or anything out of the ordinary. The only thing that frightened me was that feeling I had. It was unexplainable.. like something was telling me to leave, as if I wasn't supposed to be there.

Anyways, that's my story / update on the villa. I'm somewhat excited to go back during the day and check the place out. Does anybody else live close to the villa? Maybe we could all meet there and possibly check it out together...

SupaChris

yoo... im new round here. I made a trip to the villa resently and turned up some weird pictures... lots of faces on walls and such that were noticeable on the real walls. I have a question bout the villa, has anyone ever heard tell of a red room? if so, what have you heard or know about it?

SupaChris

yoo... im new round here. I made a trip to the villa resently and turned up some weird pictures... lots of faces on walls and such that were noticeable on the real walls. I have a question bout the villa, has anyone ever heard tell of a red room? if so, what have you heard or know about it?

andydandy

Hey.

Yeah, when I went I got some really weird pictures too. Nothing out of the ordinary like faces on the walls or anything, but, there were some weird things in there.

Red room? No.. I'd like to know about it though.

What do you know?

Wimpy

[Ok I have a little mystery for you all. Recently two of us visited the site during the day. I had never been there before and was quite impressed with the size of the installation as well as all the artistic work on the outside walls. Someone is wasting some very good talent!

Anyway, we walked around the entire building, took a few pictures, had a bite to eat then left. While going down the paved road to the actual village (before you get to the gate), there was a young girl walking toward the tower.

My friend proceeded by the girl without slowing or stopping but I did slow down and stop. I asked the girl if she knew what the story was on the tower as I did not know anything other than it used to be a base. She looked at me and said "Haven't you been here before?". I said no and she simply told me it was an old radar base.

I thought no more about this until doing some investigation on it and found this site. My friend and I said afterward that it was strange for a young girl to be walking there all by herself. Was she real?

I guess we will never know, will we?

cochrane

:alien: I grew up in beaverbank villa i lived there for almost 30 years. Over the years i went to the radar { we called it the plant because in the 70's it was used for making precast concrete walls for buildings such as micmac mall by a company called Lundrigans} probably 1000's of time during the day and night. We all used to party there in the summer and winter { smoke dope drink beer make out or just explore the inside of the building}.My freinds and i were over every part of that and all the other buildings . Myself i never did see anything weird but have heard of others that have. What i know to be true is that when they we're building the radar 1 worker was electrocuted and 2 more died while they were pouring the concrete. Years later in the 70's a worker was crushed to death by a precast concrete wall. And the open pit you talk about we used to take styrafoam sheets 4 inches thick and 4 ft X 8 ft and get on them and go paddling around and through doorways because lundrigans had flooded it to have a water supply to use for makeing concrete i saw wrecked cars and bikes and furniture but never any bodies. if you would like more info leave a blog i know alot about it. Also there was a murder in the villa itself in the early 70's

I am very interested in the radar base, any extra info you can pass along would be muchly appreciated.

Tooth_and_Claw

i had a peek at a few pics :tu:

RollingThunder06

This place sounds great. Also very popular. Please keep this updated. Any photos of this area would be great. Am going to check the internet for any information on this place!

ito

yo im new here and ill tell ya ive been up to the radar on a few occasions. when it gets late at night some freaky stuff does happen. This red room you guys arent talkin about its not red it glows green at night. by itself...its green. I have taken several pictures where well look through them and therll be nothin and well stop at the esso or one of the stores on beaverbank and well see faces comin out clearer. i have pictures of a human form in the top back window. i got one of a face in the fog. and if you think im makin this up yous wrong....i got it all on camera. though i have heard several different stories on what happened there i was wonderin if anyone knew for for sure. I heard a bunch of ppl died there i also heard some crazy story of a guy tryin to bomb it. if anyone knows the history behind it that would be cool. but at around 10:30 or 11 things get crazy. they got like metal comin down from the ceilings and of all the pieces off the ceiling there was two pieces swayin back and forth...noone touched them...they were just movin back and forth. none of the other ones were moving but these two were comin together clankin and then swingin back. ive seen a room glowing green. ive been in the tower and had a pop bottle that we left on the roof fall on us. there was no wind that night. weve heard sounds like ppl walkin but that can prolly be explained. but if your there late enough things can get really weird. weirdest story of em all....we locked all my car doors cause we left our stuff in there when we came back out my doors were actually open.they were locked and now they were swung open, except one.

tylerburry

hey

i visited radar recently with my boys and we captured some crazy pics on our digi cam. there pretty interesting. if u r interested in shared ideas and pics e mail me at tylerburry123@hotmail.com.

SL3DNECK

ive herd some werid little girl too