Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

beaver bank radar

bogs

I've also been up to the Beaverbank radar and let me tell you, being up there at night is a humbling experience to say the least. We've (myself and some friends) have seen the fog and heard the footsteps. In case our location we were in has when we heard these things has any significance to anyone, the 3 of us climbed the short (10 ft wall) facing the road coming and climbed in through the 2 rectangular holes in the wall also facing the road and entered through there, got halfway across the room and heard shuffling footsteps above us and not 30 seconds later heard steps in the concrete stairwell. We went back a few weeks later during the day (not smart) the place is being watched very carefully by someone....we werent 2 minutes passing the sign that notifies of video surveillance and there was a truck coming up the road after us. the 2 men got out and SEARCHED for us, odd for a place with nothing going on. Anyways we were making our way back to the beaverbank road and could hear the weird banging that people here have been speaking of. If zanyone has anymore info on the green/red rooms or the strange noises/mysterious girl then let me know.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ishoot4fun

• bogs

• steve1

• SL3DNECK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well. i have been there, and i have to say it's the only bonafide paranormal experience i've had in my lifetime. we went a large group of us on a friday evening between 11pm and midnight. There was the erie fog. There were plenty of noises with us in the building... but one thing was unexplainable Has anyone been warned never to strike a fire in the large room? We did and something most knowing and more powerful than us mortals showed us that wasn't the thing to do. At the instant of motioning to add wood to the fire, every time without fail, the embers explode from the ground in a symetrical fashion, and rain down perfectly, like an expensive firework, almost as if suspended by small parachutes. Just before the embers levitating into the air, the temperature of the air changed drastically, even quickly enough to spook the pigeons and the rats. The panic from the rodents told us something was not right. No sooner the temperature dropped had the fire subsided into embers, and I turned to grab more peices of wood. Before I could even grad a peice of wood all the embers lifted cleanly and rapidly from the floor, as if in a very controlled explosion, remaining brightly red lit, and slowly falling without touching anyone. The room was now lightless, cold, there was a draft and the pigeons and the rats were in pandemonium. This is about the moment when we decided it was time to get the hell out of there. Three people in the group had seen this happen before and were frightened speachless. This is not a joke, we were at least ten people from HRM, Woodbine, Bedford, all people who've done urban exploring. admin@drobicho.com if you were with us that night (specially the guy with the night vision camera) please email me.

• 3 months later...
well here's the results of my weeks of investigation. after going to the radar in the beaver bank villa ( http://www.cpscghosts.com/villa.html ) i have yet to confirm if it is indeed haunted. i've been going there about 10:00 every night. almost every time i have gone there a extreamly thick fog has covered about 3/4 of it. the few times that the fog has not been there i've gone inside only to hear banging noises. the banging noises get louder as i proceed farther into the radar and closer to the stairs. rather then temt fate i just leave. people have told me that dead bodies have been dumped inside the oil pit on the bottom floor. this pit goes down for two stories so it is impossable for me to go in with the materials i have. even if i could hold my breath that long the water is too murky to see. i seem to be getting no where in this investigation and wonder if i should continue.

i dont know much about this place for the moment but i will do some reading up on it eventually, kinda going into the ufo phenomenon at the moment :).

i believe you are at that point where its just getting a bit to dangerous to go any further with your research, especially when its not a 100% guarantee you will get anything at all, too much of a risk, maybe look for alternative sources like local people you could talk to, also its important to always take somebody with you when you are researching, the last thing you want or anyones else wants is for you to become one of the spirits haunting one of those places.

stay safe :tu: and good luck in your next investigation wherever it may be.

• 4 months later...

I visited the radar base back in April 05 with two friends of mine. To make a long story short we had the crap scared out of us by what sounded like a girl giggling and foot steps on the main stairs. After literally running out of the building and onto the field in front, we saw people's heads pop-up on the roof. Turns out it was some local kids who saw us pull into the site earlier and wanted to give us a scare. They said it wasn't the first time they spooked people, and not everytime did they let the people in on what was going on. All I know is that if I didn't see them before leaving that day (to confirm it was actual humans making the noise, and not ghosts/spirits), I'd be in a straight jacket somewhere.

I have the entire trip logged and plenty of pics. If anyone is interested just gimme a shout darreneff (at) hotmail (dot) com

• 3 months later...

Hey all, my name is Matthew Gardiner, and I am currently involved with an online web-series called BEYOND THE GRAVE. Our website is: http://www.beyondthegrave.tv

BEYOND THE GRAVE.TV

Beyond The Grave is an online web series airing every two weeks that documents hauntings, and paranormal activity in the Halifax region of Nova Scotia. Each episode sees the FMF Crew, accompanied by a guest host, to investigate the paranormal and supernatural in a different site from the last. At the conclusion the evidence is presented, but ultimately, the choice to believe is yours.

FMF Productions in association with the Centre for Arts and Technology.

BeyondTheGrave.TV ©2008

In Episode 1 we investigated Fairview Cemetery, where victims of the Titanic disaster are buried. This incident was most peculiar because of the coincidental fact that when we arrived that there, it just happened to be the 96th anniversary of the sinking. We were able to capture some orbs on the nightvisions and what we believe to be EVP.

In Episode 2 we visited an area known as Deadman's Island, a peninsula in Halifax's North West Arm, where American war victims from 1812 are buried. During this investigation many orbs were caught with both the nightvisions and the stills cameras. Also by the end of the night the entire crew had fallen ill for no reason... What's more interesting is the unexplained gear failure.

Episode 3 is due out next week, and here is a little promo trailer we have cut together for it:

In the future we are considering Beaver Bank Radar.

Please, check out the show everyone, but remember.. the choice to believe is yours.

hmmm. sounds interesting.

im suprised that all the years this topic has been out there, noone posted anymore pics?

i found this on google earth. is it the right place? if so, it does look pretty creepy :ph34r:

post-51999-1211044008_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have yet to check this place out, im just in the Valley not too far of a drive from Beaverbank. I know my brothers been there a few times, you can get there through four wheeler trails from windsor aswell.

Edited by Fordy_Styles

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the Radar myself. Receintly it's been sealed so that nobody can enter. I can understand that as it was really unsafe. The last time that I was there my foot went through a floor board in one up the upstairs rooms. In regards to one of the previous posts about starting fires in the main room, myself and my friends have never had any problems. Actually, several times we camped out and had fires there. I do believe that there is a paranormal existance there, only because I'm sensitive to these things as it is, and I could feel it all around me, but nothing there was looking to hurt anyone as long as they weren't there to cause harm. And as far as people in trucks searching for those who enter the property, it is private property. Again, we've never had any problems entering or gettign around the property. We have had people keeping an eye on us as we enter, but there are lots of people who go up there to destroy property or smash up their cars and drink, where as we only went up to explore, and parked down near where the old store used to be. I've taken quite a few pitcures while ebign there and have never seen anything unusual. There is an amazing view from the roof out over the hills. There is quite an eeerie calm over the place though. And the fog, that would probably be coming from the smaller white buildings surrounding the area which are now full of water.

• 4 months later...

I was at the radar base with a few friends today. we walked around it for a bit just to look around and then decided to try and get in. getting in is hard seeing how you have to climb in through a air vent or something thats on a wall ten feet high. once me and my friend jumped in we heard a low growl by the stairs directly across from where you get in and then something start running up the steps we were not long getting out of there and just walked around outside some more till some other guys came. we asked them if they were going in too and they said yes, but they didnt end up due to having a younger kid with them. so we jump in again determined were gonna explore. no growl this time but a creepy room with no walls just holes and rebar bent in every direction. so we proceed up the steps cautiously as i think the stairs look very unsafe to me almost 40 years since the concrete was last accually used everyday that doesnt exactly sound safe to me. so we finally get up to the next level to find ourselves on the next floor same thing rebar and metal everywhere a few odds and ends, a wheel chair, and behind us a ladder to the roof

soo we climb to the roof and go over to the weird circle part not sure what this was maybe a easier access to all the floors im not sure. thats when we heard the voice of a little girl talking with just us on the roof and the the other guys we met on the water storage silo or whatever that is i was quite creeped out. we walk back down the ladder into the stair well and for some reason none of us wanted to explore at all we all at once walked fastly to the exit and climbed out and left. i heard lots off the bangs everyone talks about and weird dripping. water was dripping onto the stair well even tho it had been hot as hell and sunny for two days now. is there still leaking water lines to the place? or is water seeping through the concrete if thats true this building will just get more and more unsafe very fast. i also chuck large rocks into the hole at the entrance and hit shallow water and a rock in the water silo on towards the trees off the the side and hit very.veryyy deep water. thats my story any later info, my friend seams to think it was an insane asylum at one point too anyone heard of this?

Edited by 876 Colbz P

• 9 months later...

I used to know someone who lived there in the 90's. Yesterday, I've been there for the first time since it was torn down. Does anyone know why they tore it down and when? I'm also going there this morning or this afternoon. Yesterday, all I did was walk around the place. It'll be neat to go with someone but I have no one to go with.

• 4 weeks later...

[Ok I have a little mystery for you all. Recently two of us visited the site during the day. I had never been there before and was quite impressed with the size of the installation as well as all the artistic work on the outside walls. Someone is wasting some very good talent!

Anyway, we walked around the entire building, took a few pictures, had a bite to eat then left. While going down the paved road to the actual village (before you get to the gate), there was a young girl walking toward the tower.

My friend proceeded by the girl without slowing or stopping but I did slow down and stop. I asked the girl if she knew what the story was on the tower as I did not know anything other than it used to be a base. She looked at me and said "Haven't you been here before?". I said no and she simply told me it was an old radar base.

I thought no more about this until doing some investigation on it and found this site. My friend and I said afterward that it was strange for a young girl to be walking there all by herself. Was she real?

I guess we will never know, will we?

* snip * i went there today and i was pretty sketched out all of the sketchy starwells and ****, the myth i heard was that 3 people died one was an electrician who broke his back and was stranded in it, the other was 2 workers who worked there when it was a cement factory and they were burried in cement or something. i think there is some supernatural stuff going on in there i mean its so sketchy. We went to the basement and i was honestly scared we had no flashlights or anyting we were in pitch black and it i had that feeling were there was just something strange like an akward presence around me or something, non the less it was a mind boggling time and im going back in a few days to explore the entire building.

Edited by Saru
Removed drug reference

I was at the radar base with a few friends today. we walked around it for a bit just to look around and then decided to try and get in. getting in is hard seeing how you have to climb in through a air vent or something thats on a wall ten feet high. once me and my friend jumped in we heard a low growl by the stairs directly across from where you get in and then something start running up the steps we were not long getting out of there and just walked around outside some more till some other guys came. we asked them if they were going in too and they said yes, but they didnt end up due to having a younger kid with them. so we jump in again determined were gonna explore. no growl this time but a creepy room with no walls just holes and rebar bent in every direction. so we proceed up the steps cautiously as i think the stairs look very unsafe to me almost 40 years since the concrete was last accually used everyday that doesnt exactly sound safe to me. so we finally get up to the next level to find ourselves on the next floor same thing rebar and metal everywhere a few odds and ends, a wheel chair, and behind us a ladder to the roof

soo we climb to the roof and go over to the weird circle part not sure what this was maybe a easier access to all the floors im not sure. thats when we heard the voice of a little girl talking with just us on the roof and the the other guys we met on the water storage silo or whatever that is i was quite creeped out. we walk back down the ladder into the stair well and for some reason none of us wanted to explore at all we all at once walked fastly to the exit and climbed out and left. i heard lots off the bangs everyone talks about and weird dripping. water was dripping onto the stair well even tho it had been hot as hell and sunny for two days now. is there still leaking water lines to the place? or is water seeping through the concrete if thats true this building will just get more and more unsafe very fast. i also chuck large rocks into the hole at the entrance and hit shallow water and a rock in the water silo on towards the trees off the the side and hit very.veryyy deep water. thats my story any later info, my friend seams to think it was an insane asylum at one point too anyone heard of this?

yes i went today and heard the same dripping and it was sunny as anything today i dont see how there was water everything was dry as could be but we kept hearinh **** throughout the hole place and i aswell heard it was a mental place but i think that place is in cole harbour because the villa was only a radar base and cement factory.

• 1 month later...

i was at the radar base today may 24/10 i met up with some other people there, we were inside trying to break out one of the old doors for light, no luck, but when we stopped making noise we heard extremly loud banging, it was getting closser and closer, we were scared so we ran and crawled out the window. we saw noting but ther was definatly some thing paranormal in side, andydandy i would like to explore it with yo and some of my friends one of these days, im about a 45 min atv ride away

i was at the radar base today may 24/10 i met up with some other people there, we were inside trying to break out one of the old doors for light, no luck, but when we stopped making noise we heard extremly loud banging, it was getting closser and closer, we were scared so we ran and crawled out the window. we saw noting but ther was definatly some thing paranormal in side, andydandy i would like to explore it with yo and some of my friends one of these days, im about a 45 min atv ride away

yeah i was one of the guys there with you monday. i don't think theres any paranormal activity going on in there. maybe just some noise echoing from where we tried to open the old windows up with hammers... but thats it. i am defenetly going back. i really want to explore the lower levels further. and to everyone else, it was never an asylum, thats in cole harbor off main street, on bissett road. pretty cool place i might add. to answer someone elses question, the town part was torn down because it was unsafe and a lot of ppl were vandalizing it. people were vandalizing the radar too, but thats why they sealed it all up. i hope to be successful next time i'm there to actually open one of the old doorways or windows on the lower floor. and another fact about the place, more than 3 people have died there, but they were all work related accidents except for two. one person was murdered there back in the 70's, another was murdered there just within the past 8 or 9 years. i've now been there 6times since the beginning of april, and i have yet to see any little girl, any truck, or any fog. and all 6 times were different times in the day. been there around lunch time, later afternoon, dinner time, dusk, and dark (9:30pm).

• 4 weeks later...

I've been there twice so far, and plan on going there camping Friday. I've never seen anything ghostly, but I don't believe in it at all. I went all the way to the main floor (where there must be at least 2 feet of rubble on the flooring) but have never made my way to the basement, since the first time I forgot a flash light and the second time my flashlights didn't work too great. Nothing seemed to spooky, everything was fairly dangerous though. Here are some images of my two visits. http://aepko.imgur.com/beaverbank_radar

I plan on going there a few more times this summer, and will add to the picture gallery every time. If you have any photos, please send them to me so I can add them with the rest at Alexoc@live.ca

Edited by Aepko

I think this thread wins the "Number of People Joined Just to Post In It" award.

I probably shouldn't have posted this, as it is apropos of nothing.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, Its aug 2011, I've recently been to the Radar, I managed to kick one door in, we tried to find " the glass room" but no luck, apparently its got glass that nobody can break, so we brought a sledge hammer along wiht us. no luck finding it though, Im planning a trip back to it, Just wondering if anyone wants to come along. If interested message me.

• 7 months later...

Hey there, so glad i searched abondoned things in sackville today, came across info on the beaverbank radar tower and did some investogation and took a drive and found it this afternoon.(april 3rd 2012) good vacation day...

I live 13 km away, pretty close for me; i love to take photos and recently got my 1st dslr and decided to take a drive with the wife and daughter to find this tower.

I could drive right up to the actaul building almost in a regular car; there are a few barriers on the way bought the cement barriers are moved so you can drive right on through. There is one barrier of dirt where you have to drive around, and i got to close to some bushed and scratched the wifes car...

Anyhow there are NO signs posted stating private property..

I took some photos outside, it was a cloudy day with some sunny breaks, very windy; and i did not go inside as i felt a little weird being up there with my wife and 2 1.2 year old daughter as my car was right there as well and did not know if i was tress passing or not..

I love to exsplore and this place excites me as i love places with a history that are no longer occupied.

I want to go back and shoot some more photos outside and inside really soon if there is anyone on here that lives close and would like to join me some weekend.

I will post a photo soon.

Edited by ishoot4fun

• 1 month later...

I am going ot there today and wold like people to know i am going to find the 'red room' and the 'glass room' , me and my friend are bring rope to tie off on so if we fall we can be pulled up