Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
pappagooch

Examining the 'Rods' Phenomenon

pappagooch

user posted imageAlthough they have been captured on film and video hundreds of times, no one knows what these peculiar, mysterious things really are. And you can easily videotape them yourself. They may be all around us... in the sky, in the water, even in our homes. They have been captured only on film and videotape. No one knows what they are, where they come from, whether or not they are alive, and they have never been touched or seen at rest. They are called "rods," "skyfish" and sometimes "solar entities." Although the video evidence is compelling that they are quite real and probably living creatures, they are completely unknown to science - a fascinating and baffling mystery. Skyfish were first documented by filmmaker José Escamilla, who discovered them by accident. In 1994, Escamilla had videotaped a "conventional" UFO near Midway, New Mexico. Fourteen days later, while seeking to photograph the UFO again, he instead captured a flying object that was not a vehicle of any kind. At first he thought it was just an insect or bird. When he examined the film frame by frame, however, it became clear that what he had captured on film was something unknown. Later, more distinct images were captured while Escamilla was filming cliff jumpers at a deep cave in Mexico. When he developed the film, small flying things could be seen zipping around the divers at a high rate of speed - so fast that they weren't seen with the naked eye.

The enhanced frames of film revealed that the flying thing appeared to be rod-shaped with two undulating wings or appendages along the length of the body and which gave it the appearance of swimming through the air. Escamilla dubbed them "rods" and has since filmed and videotaped them dozens of times. And after introducing them to the public through his website, roswellrods.com, he has received further reports and video and photographic evidence from other parts of the US and around the world. The strange flying enigmas have also turned up in documentary footage, TV news shots and even feature films.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: About

freya

That is so weird... some of of the pictures look weird bugs, ufos, or orbs.

Cool.

pappagooch

I've never seen anything like what is described in that "article", but some people believe it to be true, in fact, some believe it could quite possibly be some of the ufo sightings around the world.

The "undulating wings" video is a cool computer graphic version of what they look like... But the TV news report from KCOP Channel 13 is pretty interesting...

Here is a link on a discussion of rods:

Rods Discussion

TheLight

Really weird, never heard about these...

onesizetoobig

i live in toronto while sitting on the balcony at my girlfriends house we seen

something like this but it was shaped like a box just the outlines were seen we both thought what is that 3 or 4 of these boxes about 1 inch by 2 inch

we were amazed but we saw them with the naked eye now whatthey are who knows just amazing charlie stewart at onesizetoobig@aol.com

Edited by Magikman

CRYPTO

I have never heard of 'rods' before, but i tried with my camcorder just as they instructed and got strange results...... looks like i got a couple, its very strange and started me thinking about this.

AdrielKelsick

I've got a camcorder, guess I'll try it too.

This is pretty interesting. Why can one only see these things on tape? Anybody got a scientific theory on that?

I know: maybe these things bend light somehow, so people can't see them, but a camera can? dontgetit.gifhuh.gifalien.gif

theSOURCE

In case you missed this in the other forum, this site explains that rods are simply camera artifacts.

When I first saw a 'rod' photo and video, I was fascinated. I actually thought that it may be something previously unknown caught by the camera. Early last year, I was channel surfing and caught part of a night time fishing trip on one of the outdoor channels. The man talking to the camera, illuminated only by the light on the video camera, was surrounded by a swarm of 'rods' of various sizes and speeds. Perfect, classic rods. Moths and other insects attracted by and swarming around the light. My jaw dropped and I scrambled to stuff a videotape in the vcr to catch it to show a friend, but it was over before I could get the vcr cranked up. I knew then what rods really were. Under the right circumstances, a bird can appear as a rod as well. Your information on your website is dead on, and I congratulate and thank you for presenting it to the public in such a forthright and honest manner, backed by solid evidence. There are very few investigators these days that really seek the truth, and even fewer who reveal it if they find it. You are one of those few.

Rods

Edited by theSOURCE