Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ND-DAVE

What if your thiest belief was disproven

35 posts in this topic

Mainpoint
What if All religous beliefs were found to be false? Or what if your religous belief was disproven by another religion? Would you still hold your faith in such beliefs?

For example if Christian faith was disproven by lets say Muslim faith. Would you turn Muslim or would you go to the grave still believing that your God was real? Or even after the grave what if you come to your judgement but it is by another god? Would you renouce your faith in the god you believe in or would you go to that religion's hell still believing in your religious faith?

Another example would be the mystery of religous faith. What if science or any other research accualy proved God or any other higher power to non existent. Would you still keep your faith or would you change and become athiest?

According to mainstream religous doctrines there is no way to prove or disapprove a religion.

eg according to religions that originate from Abraham ie abrahamic religions such as judaism christianity and islam God will only reveal Himself in the end.

according to hinduism life after death is cyclical man may become an insect and insect may become man again if you were man and you die you will be an insect so there is no way to know

In the end religions deal with spirituality and issues such as end of life and unless scientific knowledge increases there is no way to approve or disapprove a religion at this time

ND-DAVE
Absolutely not!!! I would steadfastly refuse to abandon my beliefs.

Even if there was outstanding proof? Or even if another god stood before you like lets say Zues and he said that I am the real deal and what you believe isnt. You still would hold your faith?

hippi
Even if there was outstanding proof? Or even if another god stood before you like lets say Zues and he said that I am the real deal and what you believe isnt. You still would hold your faith?

I would cry: "Away you imposter!"

ND-DAVE
I would cry: "Away you imposter!"

Impressive. You seem to have a great strength in your faith as well. But here is another question. What if for example (If you are not Christian dont take this offensively) Christ came and said to you I am greatful of your faith in me but you are lacking in such or you are doing this wrong( basicly stating you are straying from the true path) would you take what he said into consideration because this Christ, to your knowlege is Christ or would you question him? What if questioning him meant damnation, would you still do it?

hippi

Well Dave, there are obviously things about my God which I don't fully understand, and certain misconceptions which I may have about him; of course that is to be expected. But if the God I thought I was worshipping were to turn out to be totally something I never imagined, then I guess the question is do I still worship him. I guess the answer to that is that if he's not the God whom I thought he was, then he's not my God, and I'll keep searching for the God whom I thought I was worshipping.

Edited by hippi

ND-DAVE
Well Dave, there are obviously things about my God which I don't fully understand, and certain misconceptions which I may have about him; of course that is to be expected. But if the God I thought I was worshipping were to turn out to be totally something I never imagined, then I guess the question is do I still worship him. I guess the answer to that is that if he's not the God whom I thought he was, then he's not my God, and I'll keep searching for the God whom I thought I was worshipping.

So what your saying if Christ for example wasnt how you pictured him or thought him to be you would discard him? Asuming that you feel there is another that is more to your belief of what he should be.

hippi

In a way, Dave, that is really what every Christian in fact does: The devil is the master of this world, but many refuse to serve the devil because he is evil. Such people hold to the belief that there is a God who is good and just and who will reward all those who refuse to bow down to evil.

Jor-el
I like it. But as I was saying to Revr and IamsSon When the Anti-Christ or False Prophet comes at Revelation he will disprove God's existence and all others gods existience with his own. Will you follow him or will you be one of the few to denounce him and praise Christ?

No, the Anti-Christ will not disprove Gods' existence, he will infact proclaim himself the living God, with miracles to boot.

Those christians who are versed in the scriptures will know him for what he is, and not what he appears to be.

Also, there is the part concerning the "Rapture" in all of this, will the real christians still be around when this time comes or will they have been taken away to be with Christ?

Those who are left will then have the hard choice you are proposing... :tu:

Edited by Jor-el

ND-DAVE
No, the Anti-Christ will not disprove Gods' existence, he will infact proclaim himself the living God, with miracles to boot.

Those christians who are versed in the scriptures will know him for what he is, and not what he appears to be.

Also, there is the part concerning the "Rapture" in all of this, will the real christians still be around when this time comes or will they have been taken away to be with Christ?

Those who are left will then have the hard choice you are proposing... :tu:

What I meant was that he will state he is God but I feel he wont say he's the Allmighty. He will come as he will false but with the fact that he is here. He will disprove all religions with his coming and he will make a new religion with him based as the only God. Also only a handfull of Christians will be delievered from the Revelation, I believe I read it as 104,000 or 140,000. That is quite slim in a world that has a billion plus population that is rising by the seconds. Also a heavy majority of this population is Christian. especially in Europe and the US. I dont think he will be so easly proven fraud. Especially in a seening is believing mindset society like the world is today.

Jor-el
What I meant was that he will state he is God but I feel he wont say he's the Allmighty. He will come as he will false but with the fact that he is here. He will disprove all religions with his coming and he will make a new religion with him based as the only God. Also only a handfull of Christians will be delievered from the Revelation, I believe I read it as 104,000 or 140,000. That is quite slim in a world that has a billion plus population that is rising by the seconds. Also a heavy majority of this population is Christian. especially in Europe and the US. I dont think he will be so easly proven fraud. Especially in a seening is believing mindset society like the world is today.

The number of those who are sealed are 144,00. 12,000 from each tribe of Israel. This has got nothing to do with the saved of the rapture although these 144,000 will also be taken at the same time. Those that repent after the rapture will have to endure it until death.

There is also a alternative interpretation, stating that only the 144,000 will be raptured and all of christianity will languish under the tribulation, becoming martyrs for their faith.

Revelation 7:5-14

4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,

from the tribe of Gad 12,000,

6from the tribe of Asher 12,000,

from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,

from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,

7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,

from the tribe of Levi 12,000,

from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,

8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,

from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,

from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

The Great Multitude in White Robes

9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:

"Salvation belongs to our God,

who sits on the throne,

and to the Lamb."

11All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying:

"Amen!

Praise and glory

and wisdom and thanks and honor

and power and strength

be to our God for ever and ever.

Amen!"

13Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?"

14 I answered, "Sir, you know."

And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

As for the majority of Europe and the Americas being christian, I would ask, out of these, who are really christians and not christianized due to culture?

And if the christians are still around at this time, then those christians will not be fooled, this doesn't mean that those who are christianized won't be as well, since living in a christianized culture doesn't make them christians, living and breathing the word of God.