Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who here supports Sitchens theory

MareikuraOAroha

Referring to the OP. None of Sitchin's theory seem to be fact based. He gets no support whatsoever from astronomers, historians, or archaeologists. He is the only person able to translate the Sumerian text in a way that supports his theory. No scholars of the culture are able to agree with him. In all areas, he stands alone. How could anyone take him seriously?

Referring to the OP. None of Sitchin's theory seem to be fact based. He gets no support whatsoever from astronomers, historians, or archaeologists. He is the only person able to translate the Sumerian text in a way that supports his theory. No scholars of the culture are able to agree with him. In all areas, he stands alone. How could anyone take him seriously?

Simple, people believe what they want to believe. The fact content is irrelevant to that.

kmt_sesh, What is there to debate about how I feel about Sitchin's theory? I don't know him. I just think ,in general, his theory of 'Alien Intervention' is more in line with what I believe. You are mistaken to think I'm the only member that supports Sitchin's theory. I can think of several others that have posted that are even more in favor of it than me. In fact, on the Ancient Egypt thread running right now, do you really think the Egypitians were capable of building that underground city, tunnelling and excavating millions of tons of solid rock? I don't think it could be done today, even with tunnel-boring machines. KennyB

I don't know Sitchin either, KennyB. That doesn't matter. We're not so much discussing the man himself but his arguments. I wasn't implying you're the only supporter of Sitchin at UM. Lord, we all know many people here stand by him, for some reason. However, in this particular thread ("Who here supports Sitchens theory"), you seem to be the only one left who takes his side. That's why this thread has become so dry. I do sometimes wonder if you're very familiar with his work, because while you state in no uncertain terms that you believe him, you never go to the trouble of fleshing out arguments to say why you find his ideas plausible. At least we're getting a bit back on track.

kmt_sesh, You've got the wrong idea. I'm not a dedicated Sitchinite. I believe in his theory in a general way, but not in the religious way I've been accused of. His theory is as full of holes as the evolution theory. For instance, a race capable of space flight would surely be able to make robotic miners instead of going to the trouble of creating a slave race. Slave labor is about the least efficient and most expensive way to do anything. You have to have guards, that along with the slaves, have to be fed, clothed, sheltered, given medical treatment, etc. All semi-intelligent robots have to have is fuel and maintenance. If they're not working, they don't cost anything. For another thing, building a pyramid to use as a navigational beacon seems like a very expensive way to go about it. We've got navigation beacons all over the world and out into space that cost less than the Great Pyramid. Like I said, the basic theory is all I believe in, not the details. KennyB

kmt_sesh, You've got the wrong idea. I'm not a dedicated Sitchinite. I believe in his theory in a general way, but not in the religious way I've been accused of. His theory is as full of holes as the evolution theory. For instance, a race capable of space flight would surely be able to make robotic miners instead of going to the trouble of creating a slave race. Slave labor is about the least efficient and most expensive way to do anything. You have to have guards, that along with the slaves, have to be fed, clothed, sheltered, given medical treatment, etc. All semi-intelligent robots have to have is fuel and maintenance. If they're not working, they don't cost anything. For another thing, building a pyramid to use as a navigational beacon seems like a very expensive way to go about it. We've got navigation beacons all over the world and out into space that cost less than the Great Pyramid. Like I said, the basic theory is all I believe in, not the details. KennyB

evolution theory isnt full of holes.

kmt_sesh, What is there to debate about how I feel about Sitchin's theory? I don't know him. I just think ,in general, his theory of 'Alien Intervention' is more in line with what I believe. You are mistaken to think I'm the only member that supports Sitchin's theory. I can think of several others that have posted that are even more in favor of it than me. In fact, on the Ancient Egypt thread running right now, do you really think the Egypitians were capable of building that underground city, tunnelling and excavating millions of tons of solid rock? I don't think it could be done today, even with tunnel-boring machines. KennyB

I think the workers who excavated the Channel Tunnel, Cheyenne Mountain, and every other subway, bunker, and mine systems in the world, etc., would disagree with you.

Do I detect... independent thinking?

Quick! Suppress!

Oniomancer, OK, I'll back up on that one. I guess they could do that job today with all the modern equipment they have. I don't think the ancient Egyptians could have, tho.

Why not they build the pyramids

Sitchen's theory is a load of old b******s and anyone that takes him seriously has a very poor understanding of ancient history and mythology.

danydandan, The Egyptians built all the pyramids except the oldest ones. Those were built by the aliens before the Egyptians were created. KB

No, I built all the pyramids. I will write a book on it and then you will have to take my word and dance around it.

No, I built all the pyramids. I will write a book on it and then you will have to take my word and dance around it.

Cool, I can't wait to read the book, Ikki. It's an honor to meet the person who built all those pyramids! When you publish the book, however, just be sure to follow Sitchin's model for writing: do not cite sources or provide a bibliography, and when you use a quote from an actual history book, make sure not to mention the page number or other relevant information so the quote will be misleading and meaningless. :tu:

Cool, I can't wait to read the book, Ikki. It's an honor to meet the person who built all those pyramids! When you publish the book, however, just be sure to follow Sitchin's model for writing: do not cite sources or provide a bibliography, and when you use a quote from an actual history book, make sure not to mention the page number or other relevant information so the quote will be misleading and meaningless. :tu:

And if it is misleading enough I'll help with the publication...

And if it is misleading enough I'll help with the publication...

Maybe you could write the intro, questionmark. You might even choose an appropriate pen name to sign it--you know, something like Grand Master of the League of the Celestial Nibblers. :w00t:

Oh, don't worry! I intend this book to take an open-minded approach, so I won't let things such as facts tie me down. :)

Maybe you could write the intro, questionmark. You might even choose an appropriate pen name to sign it--you know, something like Grand Master of the League of the Celestial Nibblers. :w00t:

Great Kophta is the title! We will expel you if you have not learned that by Friday!

Great Kophta is the title! We will expel you if you have not learned that by Friday!

My apologies, Great Kophta. Please have mercy on me!

...in all my time at UM I have never felt it necessary to put someone on ignore...

You simply haven't been here long enough then.

Harte

You simply haven't been here long enough then.

Harte

I joined about a year after you, I think. That's long enough, isn't it? The trick is plentiful meditation and lots of valium. :w00t:

I joined about a year after you, I think. That's long enough, isn't it? The trick is plentiful meditation and lots of valium. :w00t:

I rather use a fit of bad temper instead of the valium...works the same does not affect the brain.

I rather use a fit of bad temper instead of the valium...works the same does not affect the brain.

I resort to the fits of bad temper, too. The problem is, that can be very frequent around here, given the plethora of exceedingly poor thought processes we encounter, and I tend to start pulling out my hair. I don't have much hair left. There isn't much left to pull out. My fear is I'll keep pulling at my scalp, and pretty soon there will be nothing left but a bloody, mangled skull atop my neck.

I resort to the fits of bad temper, too. The problem is, that can be very frequent around here, given the plethora of exceedingly poor thought processes we encounter, and I tend to start pulling out my hair. I don't have much hair left. There isn't much left to pull out. My fear is I'll keep pulling at my scalp, and pretty soon there will be nothing left but a bloody, mangled skull atop my neck.

i can tell by your pic.

kmt_sesh, How can you guys let one man's opinion effect you in this way. I've got all of you against me and I don't let it bother me like that. I just shrug my shoulders and say, " Please help them, even with all that education, they don't know which way is up". KennyB