Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Berserk' house cat

Owlscrying

Mar. 12

HAILEY, Idaho (AP) -- A house cat attacked its owner, sending her to the hospital by ambulance with more than 20 bite wounds.

The cat, a black and white domestic male, went on the rampage Wednesday when a neighbor showed up at the door with a different cat, mistakenly thinking it belonged to the woman.

"She went to the door, and her cat went berserk," Jeff Nevins, assistant fire chief for Wood River Fire and Rescue, told the Idaho Mountain Express.

The woman in her 60s was taken to St. Luke's Wood River Medical Center with what Nevins described as "pretty serious puncture wounds." Neither the hospital nor the fire department would provide any details to The Associated Press on Saturday, or say whether she has been released.

"I think the owner said she was going to take it to the shelter because that's not the first time she's been attacked," Nevins said

go

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Nyx_

• Griffon

• Briggles

• Mithra

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes ... poor woman ... cats are scary and quite dangerous, when they flip out.

Poor woman. I hope she gets better soon. I would freak if Reily ever attacked one of us.

I hope they dont kill the cat. I could care less about the women.

*****in cats, give me a dog any day.

I think this web site sums it up nicely <_<

Cats are b*******

Edited by Q-Ball