Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Return of the King

KayEl

I have heard that Saruman is going to be cut out of Return of the King and that Christopher Lee is p***ed about it. Is it true?

If it is, then Peter Jackson is either getting full of himself, or he is relying too much on the DvD format: So we cut it out, we will put it back in for DvD.

I think the Saruman character should be resolved. The films should be edited so all three can be watched without resorting to the DVD for vital background info and other resolutions.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayEl

• Seraphina

• KynDig

• Hobgoblin

well if this is true then a lot of main parts will be cut out...

we already know the battle of the hobbits is cut out. and if sauramn is cut out then his death at the end will also be cut out.

thats just gay

so i dont think it its true

thats just gay

Watch what you say. I don't think those kinds of comments are necessary.

Yup, I saw Christopher Lee being interviewed a few days ago and he sure is p***ed off !!!!!!! I think what made it worse is that they didn't even have the decency to tell him in person.........I think he only found out when one of his friends read it on the net. I'd be pretty darn annoyed as well if I was him.

Bah! You really need that part of the story...it went to show exactly how far the evil of everything that had happened had extended, and that even the innocent people in the Shire weren't safe from everything that Sauron and Saruman had planned...it also set the "putting everything right" that you also needed at the end, and cutting it out is a bit of a blunder...

They have room to add in an so much, but they can't keep in something that vital? huh.gif They can't possible claim there isn't something dull and needless they could leave out for the special edition instead, surely?

story? ...WTF?? Lord of the Rings is a book too?? Well call me a monkey's uncle.

Is it written by Steven King?

rolleyes.gif

What I don't get is that why is it that Arwen is on the poster and not Eowyn. I mean, Eowyn is going to be facing the Nazgul king in one on one combat, whereas Arwen....sitting on her butt in elaborate gowns yearning for Aragorn?

What I don't get is that why is it that Arwen is on the poster and not Eowyn. I mean, Eowyn is going to be facing the Nazgul king in one on one combat, whereas Arwen....sitting on her butt in elaborate gowns yearning for Aragorn?

The last time I checked, the rumour was that Durnhelm was going to be Arwen instead of Eowyn...I don't know if they kept that in. They were also going to have Arwen turn up and fight at Helm's deep, but cut it out at the last minute because as soon as the rumour went out, there was such massive outcry from the fans.

Good thing too...I saw some of the early shooting of that, and damn but that woman didn't know one end of a sword from another blink.gif

They might just have taken her out of the Pelenor fields too...I hope they have to be honest. There is a limit to how far they can move away from the books...I accept some of the changes they made (leaving out Tom Bombadil for example, which was also done in the BBC radio version, I was very happy with...I hated that part of the book), but all the same...they're changing quite a few very important details that might just mess up a little of it for the fans of the books.

No, it is Arwen. There is this poster here in New York heralding the Return of the King, on it are Frodo, Samwise, Gandalf, Strider, Gollum, and Arwyn.

Liv Tyler must have a photo of Peter Jackson in a compromising position with some form of animal because she barely does anything in the films and yet she has third billing, over Viggo Mortenson, who is fast becoming the main focus of the story.

Well...in fairness, he was the main focus of the third book tongue.gif

The focus they're giving Arywn though is just plain silly...she was a minor character in the books...I think she appeared in person...*ponders*...once, right at the end tongue.gif

I remember in the books feeling really sorry for Eyown because she loved Arigorn, but he didn't return it...she was out there on the front willing to die alongside him, and he only had eyes for this pampered elf princess, who's dad wouldn't let her marry anyone who wasn't king of the entire western world (rich girl's gotta have shopping money I guess) tongue.gif

The movies kinda put that to flight...I dunno what Eyown's supposed to be now huh.gif Arigorn's bit on the side by the looks of it wacko.gif

Post all the rumors you want your not gonna cut down the lines at the movie theater whistling2.gif

so very happy today, booked my tickets for ROTK 17dec. if anyone from usa sees it before let me know if it is the best out of the 3 im so excited bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

Well what I heard that because the movie is so long because of the battle scenes in the pelenor field (the movie actually goes over it's 3 hour time limit) that Peter Jackson couldn't add in the scouring of the Shire (with Saruman taking over the shire) because it would be too long. But he didn't cut Saruman out of the whole movie, only certain battle parts. Arwen isn't going to be Dernhelm, Eowyn is because interviews of Eowyn and her fighting role has already been released.

OMG, only a few more days.... this waiting is killing me wacko.gif

Couldn't Jackson cut down on the battle scenes? In the Two Towers, the battle scenes when you first saw it were amazing, but with later viewings, I skipped them totally.

No, I love the battle scenes! They're wicked! Especially when Legolas

is fighting. IT's soo funky w00t.gif . I wonder how the battle scene on

the Pelenor fields is gonna be. I saw some clips and it looks like it's

going to be huge! and those mumakil rock. w00t.gif

Heres something i read on skynews tonight just thought some of you would like to know.

JRR Tolkiensgreat grandson is to appear in the next instalment of the LOTR trilogy.

Royd Tolkien, 34 plays the part of a Gondorian Ranger in the new film adaptation of his famous relatives stories.

Director Peter Jackson invited him to join the cast of ROTK.

Mr Tolkien said, "I was just blown away when Peter Jackson came up with the idear of putting a Tolkien into the film and to be a Gondorian Ranger is a huge privilage".

He said he was, "incredibly proud" his great gradfathers stories had been recreated for the big screen.

Oops, my bad I think I was wrong about Saruman. I read in a local magazine here, that Saruman isn't going to be in ROTK in any of the scenes. So sorry for the info I gave earlier.

Awwww.... but I can't watch it on Wednesday. My mom promised to bring me to

da cinemas which is like 2 hours away and now she can't so I'm in a very down mood crying.gif .. i wuz waiting 4 it more than christmas ! w00t.gif

Peter Jackson Defends Saruman Scene Cuts

Peter Jackson has been speaking out to AICN about news that New Line had forced him to cut out Christopher Lee's Saruman scenes from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

We have decided to save the Saruman sequence for the DVD. It's a great little scene. 7 mins long. Chris is wonderful, as usual. Brad is in about 6 shots. It was a film maker decision - nothing to do with the studio.

The problem is that the sequence was originally shot for The Two Towers, as it is in the book. Since The Two Towers couldn't sustain a 7 min "wrap" after Helm's Deep, we thought it would be a good idea to save it for the beginning of the Return of the King. The trouble is, when we viewed various ROTK cuts over the last few weeks, it feels like the first scenes are wrapping last year's movie, instead of starting the new one. We felt it got ROTK off to an uncertain beginning, since Saruman plays no role in the events of ROTK (we don't have the Scouring later, as the book does), yet we dwell in Isengard for quite a long time before our new story kicks off.

We reluctantly made the decision to save this sequence for the DVD. The choice was made on the basis that most people will assume that Saruman was vanquished by the Helm's Deep events, and Ent attack. We can now crack straight into setting up the narrative tension of ROTK, which features Sauron as the villian.

Killermovies.com

That kinda sucks... sad.gif