Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Connecticut (Documentary)

jdi

Ok well, I live in Connecticut and I have been into the paranormal for about 10 years now. Studying and working close with the Warrens. This house does in fact exist. I have been there. I have to say that the documentary is true but i also think that they made it a lot worse then it was. Warrens do in fact have evidence of paranormal activity. The location that they showed in the documentary showed the house out in the open. When in fact the house is actually on a busy road with houses to its left and right.

If you guys want something to read about, have you guys heard of the raggedy (spelling) ann doll??

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elixir

• bluvsh

• maimie99

• Darktangent

Hi has anyone seen the documentary A haunting in connecticut?

I currently have a copy so if anyone is interested in one you can send me an email.

Thanks

John

johni@rogers.com :)

Actually in my opinion it is all true. The author of In a Dark Place had nothing to do with the haunting. He is simply an author who collected information and wrote a book. Just to add he also has contributed to Sabrina, wrote Warlock and numerous Nightmare on Elm Street books. One of the lead researchers of the haunting, John Zaffis, I personally know and is very trustworthy, trust me, all of this did happen. None of it was for monetary gain.

Demons are very real and want us to think that they are not. This is how they opperate. One part of the ordeal that the Television show does not explore because of the sensative nature involving a minor is how the young boy was effected. Keep in mind that this young child was undergoing chemotherapy. Here it is:

The child was convinced that he was talking to a figure in the basement. Those who know about demons understand that this is very dangerous, NEVER converse with spirits because you never know if they are who they say they are. It may in fact be a demon who will lie and mis-identify itself as a spirit.

The demon began to implant thoughts into the childs head. Thoughts of killing his entire family, including the pets. Sound familiar?, The Amnityville Horror case is very similar and perhaps the same demon was involved. The child wrote all of this down in a diary which his aunt discovered. When the child uncovered that his diary had been discovered he became very enraged assulting the aunt and mother with the force of a full grown man. The mother became very concerned that the health of the child was threatened by his actions and she called for an ambulence. It took three full grown men to subdue a small child who was extremely weakened because of chemotherapy. Persons who are posessed are known for superhuman stregnth.

The child was removed from the house and placed in the hospital for observation. At this point the demon became enraged and began assulting everyone violently. Persons were hit, puched and in a most violent nature literally picked up, laid prone, and slammed on the floor. It was not until the exorcism that this activity ceased.

The spiritual and demonic worlds are real and effect us greatly. They want us to believe that they do not exist. In this manner they can opperate more effectively and unchecked.

Persons from other parts of the world are often amazed at how unbelieving we in the modern world are in all things supernatural.

In remote parts of Africa and South America the spiritual practices of these people are often seen us in developed countries and backward. We often look to the publicised spiritual activities seen on PBS or the Discovery channel as laughable, mocking the dancing of the possessed, the chanting of the shamans and the weeeping of the affected family.

WE all find this hard to believe because from our own experiences these things do not happen. In those parts of the world a belief in demons are strong and the battle is out in the open. Over here because our belief is weak they do not have to directly take us on and can opperate in the background and under the radar.

Medelling in the supernatural is dangerous. If you decide to battle and confront evil you become a target. These beings are very powerful, far more than ourselves. Never talk, mock, jest, or makefun of them. The only one who has the power to take them on the Holy Spirit. What you believe this is is up to you. Either way the forces of good are greater than thoes of evil. It is an eternal battle and we are smack dab in the middle of it.

hi. I would like to see your tape if you still have it.

The TLC channel will be airing the documentary on 10/29 at 3:00 eastern time. It is a realy good show, it scared me as much as watching the exorcist.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have a copy so if anyone is interested in one you can send me an email.

Thanks

John

:devil: hi i live in oxford ct. 5 minutes from seymour do you know where the house is

smgomez@adelphia.net

im extremely interested if u have a copy i would appreciate it

thank you

Heath Gagnon

[edit - taken out quote]

hi....my names priscilla....

i was wandering if you already have a copy off the show..haunting in conneticut or georgia..

i also appreciate if you got send me this by email..

priscillalaturiuw@hotmail.com

thanksss

priscilla

Actually in my opinion it is all true. The author of In a Dark Place had nothing to do with the haunting. He is simply an author who collected information and wrote a book. Just to add he also has contributed to Sabrina, wrote Warlock and numerous Nightmare on Elm Street books. One of the lead researchers of the haunting, John Zaffis, I personally know and is very trustworthy, trust me, all of this did happen. None of it was for monetary gain.

Demons are very real and want us to think that they are not. This is how they opperate. One part of the ordeal that the Television show does not explore because of the sensative nature involving a minor is how the young boy was effected. Keep in mind that this young child was undergoing chemotherapy. Here it is:

The child was convinced that he was talking to a figure in the basement. Those who know about demons understand that this is very dangerous, NEVER converse with spirits because you never know if they are who they say they are. It may in fact be a demon who will lie and mis-identify itself as a spirit.

The demon began to implant thoughts into the childs head. Thoughts of killing his entire family, including the pets. Sound familiar?, The Amnityville Horror case is very similar and perhaps the same demon was involved. The child wrote all of this down in a diary which his aunt discovered. When the child uncovered that his diary had been discovered he became very enraged assulting the aunt and mother with the force of a full grown man. The mother became very concerned that the health of the child was threatened by his actions and she called for an ambulence. It took three full grown men to subdue a small child who was extremely weakened because of chemotherapy. Persons who are posessed are known for superhuman stregnth.

The child was removed from the house and placed in the hospital for observation. At this point the demon became enraged and began assulting everyone violently. Persons were hit, puched and in a most violent nature literally picked up, laid prone, and slammed on the floor. It was not until the exorcism that this activity ceased.

The spiritual and demonic worlds are real and effect us greatly. They want us to believe that they do not exist. In this manner they can opperate more effectively and unchecked.

Persons from other parts of the world are often amazed at how unbelieving we in the modern world are in all things supernatural.

In remote parts of Africa and South America the spiritual practices of these people are often seen us in developed countries and backward. We often look to the publicised spiritual activities seen on PBS or the Discovery channel as laughable, mocking the dancing of the possessed, the chanting of the shamans and the weeeping of the affected family.

WE all find this hard to believe because from our own experiences these things do not happen. In those parts of the world a belief in demons are strong and the battle is out in the open. Over here because our belief is weak they do not have to directly take us on and can opperate in the background and under the radar.

Medelling in the supernatural is dangerous. If you decide to battle and confront evil you become a target. These beings are very powerful, far more than ourselves. Never talk, mock, jest, or makefun of them. The only one who has the power to take them on the Holy Spirit. What you believe this is is up to you. Either way the forces of good are greater than thoes of evil. It is an eternal battle and we are smack dab in the middle of it.

Wow You just got my complete attention. I really did think the show was very dramatized. I truly believe in all the family went through. I just didn't catch the ending (tv recording shut off early) and I thought if I went into a couple sites I might get how it ended? Your article was very interesting and it really helped me wake up from my boring state realizing that there is so much more that is important. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

John

:rolleyes: Dear John

I am very interested in this documentary. A close friend just told me that it showed on Reality TV recently. Unfortunately, again I missed out on it. Please consider sending me a copy, I will be the most greatful person on earth. Also do let me know how you want to send it and we can work out the postage costs. I am based in London. Thank you.

Obanda.

Hello there. I was wondering how much are you selling a copy of The Haunting in Connecticut? I love it!!! I have been trying to get a hold of it for a well now! Thanks for having it. How would I go about obtaining my own copy? Thanks a lot!

Sneesnasheo

I don't actually believe anything of whatever you see in the movie.

There would be plenty of reasons for Carmen Snedeker just to make up a story, as she probably made quite a lot of money with 'A Haunting in Connecticut'.

Some things you see are physicly inpossible, and if you saw the show you would know what I mean.

I have a paperback copy of the book "In A Dark Place" for sale if anyone is interested. Since it is so rare and out of print, I am asking $125...if anyone is interested, please email me @ scooby96254@yahoo.com.

• 1 month later...

A Haunting in Connecticut will be aired again on the Discovery Channel on January 2, 2006 from 11 AM - 1 PM.

I personally know Carmen Snedeker, the woman whose family lived in the demonically infested funeral home. I also know John Zaffis, who is the nephew of Ed and Lorraine Warren and one of the investigators who spent over nine weeks in the haunted house.

I believe their stories are true. John Zaffis is a man of high integrity ... and Carmen certainly did not make a great deal of money from the documentary.

I cannot discount the fact that there were undoubtedly problems that existed within the Snedeker family. In the field of paranormal research, it is strongly conjectured that negative entities are attracted to locations where problems such as depression, anger, illness, alcohol and/or substance abuse exist.

FYI: A major motion picture about this story is being filmed during 2006 and will be distributed by Universal Studios.

Also, in conjunction with the film, Carmen Snedeker, John Zaffis and I are planning to co-author a new book that will tell the entirely true and complete story of what happened at the mortuary in Southington, CT.

-Chip Coffey-

www.chipcoffey.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

John

If you still have a copy available, I would love to have one. My son's film teacher said it was one of the scariest documentaries she had ever seen and he is dying to see it.

Becky Neese

bneese@handarendall.com

Thanks

John

I have seen most of these programs "A haunting" they are really good I have been tryign to get copies of all of them. The Discovery Ch had them on Friday nights I havent seen any new ones though lately. I hope they show more of these.

• 1 month later...

NONE of "A Hauntings" are lies! I acted in one recently. For a Haunting in Georgia, the crew spent three weeks with the family. They go really far to make sure it's accurate. Oh and in A Haunting in Conneticut, the people that were on the show wrote the book you dumb A$$es. It is for real, unlike that most haunted $hit. So check your recources before you go telling everyone something's fake. It most definitely is not. And in the very rare circumstance that it isn't would be because the people who are being interviewed are lying. Oh and B.t.w. it isn't shot in hollywood. :']

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

John

Hey....I am so very interested in a copy of this. I will be happy to pay you what ever it cost and the shipping. thank you sooooo very much. daryl

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

John

Dear John,

Could I please have a copy? could you email me it at: yodaloveselmo@hotmail.com

If not its fine.

Could some give me a free copyof A Haunting in Connecticut? email me at yodaloveselmo@hotmail.com thanks so much

Honey, on the Discovery Channel they have A Haunting show on atleast once a week.

Could some give me a free copyof A Haunting in Connecticut? email me at yodaloveselmo@hotmail.com thanks so much

Anyone at all?

• 3 weeks later...

But the entire "Haunting in Connecticut" was one big sham.

Check out this link!

I don't understand why that's so hard for members here to swallow. That entire

show was just one big piece of fiction. I agree the show was scary beyond belief, but there is no truth to the 'haunting'.

804022[/snapback]

Interesting piece of information......it's true then....People would rather believe a lie.......that's really scary :unsure2:

Amen to that!!! I KNOW the entire thing is a crock without ever looking at your link because I have heard Carmen Snedeker's STORY and happen to know from experience that it wasnt like that!! How do I know this, you ask? BECAUSE I LIVED IN THAT HOUSE!!!! And oddly enough - her dates SEEM to overlap the dates that I lived there!!! Dont take me wrong - the house is haunted - no doubt about that! BUT- she has BLOWN things WAY WAY WAY out of proportion!! I mean WAY out!! The worst thing that ever happened was a locked door swinging open or footsteps and voices where there were no people to make them. I am personally insulted by her sensationalism!

Honey, on the Discovery Channel they have A Haunting show on atleast once a week.

Yep the sometimes do, but for some reason they took of paranormal thursday ;( Anyways, i remeber watching A haunting show, it was about a little girl talking to Mr.Gordy, lol