Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Connecticut (Documentary)

jdi

A Haunting in Connecticut will be aired again on the Discovery Channel on January 2, 2006 from 11 AM - 1 PM.

I personally know Carmen Snedeker, the woman whose family lived in the demonically infested funeral home. I also know John Zaffis, who is the nephew of Ed and Lorraine Warren and one of the investigators who spent over nine weeks in the haunted house.

I believe their stories are true. John Zaffis is a man of high integrity ... and Carmen certainly did not make a great deal of money from the documentary.

I cannot discount the fact that there were undoubtedly problems that existed within the Snedeker family. In the field of paranormal research, it is strongly conjectured that negative entities are attracted to locations where problems such as depression, anger, illness, alcohol and/or substance abuse exist.

FYI: A major motion picture about this story is being filmed during 2006 and will be distributed by Universal Studios.

Also, in conjunction with the film, Carmen Snedeker, John Zaffis and I are planning to co-author a new book that will tell the entirely true and complete story of what happened at the mortuary in Southington, CT.

-Chip Coffey-

www.chipcoffey.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Chip, I am excited to hear that you're planning to co-author a new book. I Would love information as to when it will be out, I have always wanted to read more about this and would love to buy a copy soon! I am a huge fan or yours and the Warren family. Your work with PRS is very inspiring to the young paranormal generation and i wanted to thank you personally for all your work and many investigations.. Youre such an Inspiration to me and have helped me Deal with the my Supernatural Experiences and ablities from prophetic dreams to Paranormal Sightings. I am 22 now and have had many since i was a child ranging from age 3 to now and i must say that opening myself up seemed almost natural after hearing of your awesome ablities and knowing there are other people out there who understand! Thankyou and i'd love for you to email me information about the book when you know more! Well keep up the goodwork! ~Brittany W

feel free to email me somtime

buffycgirl_86@hotmail.com

i'd love to chat if ya have some time! take care!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elixir

• bluvsh

• maimie99

• peacefulart

Chip Coffey. Yep. Well it has to be true if Chip says so. Seeing how real the stuff is he does for PSBS.

A Haunting was a great show to bad they are not filming anymore.

While i have not read every post for this thread yet, i think some people are confusing two different and separate stories one which was the story written in the devil in connecticut book and involved the Warrens and the other involves Jon Zaffis and a whole different family and place which is the base for the haunting in connecticut.

I have never seen the haunting in connecticut but have heard interviews with John Zaffis and Carmen about the events in the old funeral home and it is not the devil in connecticut ,which is the story everyone is claiming as fraud which is why the family sued the Warrens over the book.

Anything the Warrens or Coffey has touched is tainted. I couldn't believe a word either say. Its sad to, because the stories could be true. But as soon as these, for the lack of a better word that will not get me banned, people get involved all crediblity flys out the window.

• 1 month later...
Hi has anyone seen the documentary A haunting in connecticut?

I currently have a copy so if anyone is interested in one you can send me an email.

Thanks

John

johni@rogers.com :)

if i could get a copy of it i would greatly appreciate it. my friend has told me about it i would like to watch it.

thanks

linda

babymam69@yahoo.com

Edited by weda29

I would love to see a copy of the documentry. I think it's fascinating. Would someone email me a copy? I would greatly appreciate it !!Please email it to rec3rd@live.com ... Thank you!

i just saw it on you tube! but seriously that lady (carmen) seemed to act pretty ******ed (or atleast in the show) i lived in a haunted house and would see the shadow of a little boy all the time, he used to pull my sheets, run up and down the stairs, you would hang pictures (especially in the hallway) turn around and they appeared in the floor or elsewhere, turn doorknobs and close doors. i also saw the shadow of a huskyman in the house too!

Yes, I'm very interested in the haunting and any other super natural or paranormal videos you have. I tried e-mailing you but the address didn't seem to work. Hope to hear from you soon. And thank you in in advance. my e-mail is vengefulemotionz@comcast.net

I currently have a copy so if anyone is interested in one you can send me an email.

Thanks

John

Yes, I'm very interested in the haunting and any other super natural or paranormal videos you have. I tried e-mailing you but the address didn't seem to work. Hope to hear from you soon. And thank you in in advance. my e-mail is vengefulemotionz@comcast.net

That post you have quoted is from 2003 and the poster only posted three times on the forum.

:)

You may just want to try tracking it down another way.

HN

• 3 weeks later...

I would just like to comment on a few things.

To begin with: I don't believe in demons, I believe in goodness.

This doesn't mean I'm saying that nothing was going on.

Goodness is simply the light within. A demon is a shadow that will disappear as soon as we allow the light within us to come out, rather than focusing on fear; on demons; on our cause and effect limitations, which always involve us creating the very things we think we need to fight against. By acknowledging the light and the love within we discover it's just a shadow.By focusing on the negative we get in the way of our own light, that's what doubt does. If there had been just a little bit more subtle insight into what was going on, it could have all dissipated.

What I see is that a young boy, who was having chemotherapy and who tried to reach out emotionally was told that he was making it all up in his mind, only to have a whole drama take place, because he wasn't given the emotional help he needed, and he wasn't shown the light within which comes from listening to others, having compassion and teaching the strength that this brings. In fact this boy was told that he was crazy by his parents from the very beginning. If that's what truly happened.

What would have happened if this young boy was taught to focus on the reality of goodness, by someone acknowledging that there was a darkness there (this wasn't acknowledge at all in the beginning) but also pointing out the light. That all you have to do is focus on the light, see that it has no limitations the ego can put on it, believe and this dissipates the darkness. Life is our adventure yet it seems more than half of it is completely ignored. And the part that is ignored is the part that can lead us out of harm's way. Someone who has an illness is at the brink of finding out the strength that there is in the light within, but that also involves seeing what turns up when this light isn't nurtured.

All the "demons" are within us. There is no holy war going on. We can see our inner strength, our ability to love beyond boundaries or we can discard it in order to create drama after drama till we tire ourselves out and have to stop. Then we have no choice but to let something else inside us come to the foreground–something which doesn't have the fears which create the vicious cycle we believe are out of our control. It's the love within us that can make a difference, not the judgments.

The strength is within us. The simple attempt a child makes to express something within him doesn't need to become this whole drama. No holy war will stop it, only the light within.

That's also what I see changing the situation. The Catholic Church isn't without very great problems, but there IS a mundane goodness there, a gentleness, a compassion and a patience and carefulness which changed the whole situation, I think.

Edited by peacefulart

I would just like to comment on a few things.

To begin with: I don't believe in demons, I believe in goodness.

This doesn't mean I'm saying that nothing was going on.

Goodness is simply the light within. A demon is a shadow that will disappear as soon as we allow the light within us to come out, rather than focusing on fear; on demons; on our cause and effect limitations, which always involve us creating the very things we think we need to fight against. By acknowledging the light and the love within we discover it's just a shadow.By focusing on the negative we get in the way of our own light, that's what doubt does. If there had been just a little bit more subtle insight into what was going on, it could have all dissipated.

What I see is that a young boy, who was having chemotherapy and who tried to reach out emotionally was told that he was making it all up in his mind, only to have a whole drama take place, because he wasn't given the emotional help he needed, and he wasn't shown the light within which comes from listening to others, having compassion and teaching the strength that this brings. In fact this boy was told that he was crazy by his parents from the very beginning. If that's what truly happened.

What would have happened if this young boy was taught to focus on the reality of goodness, by someone acknowledging that there was a darkness there (this wasn't acknowledge at all in the beginning) but also pointing out the light. That all you have to do is focus on the light, see that it has no limitations the ego can put on it, believe and this dissipates the darkness. Life is our adventure yet it seems more than half of it is completely ignored. And the part that is ignored is the part that can lead us out of harm's way. Someone who has an illness is at the brink of finding out the strength that there is in the light within, but that also involves seeing what turns up when this light isn't nurtured.

All the "demons" are within us. There is no holy war going on. We can see our inner strength, our ability to love beyond boundaries or we can discard it in order to create drama after drama till we tire ourselves out and have to stop. Then we have no choice but to let something else inside us come to the foreground–something which doesn't have the fears which create the vicious cycle we believe are out of our control. It's the love within us that can make a difference, not the judgments.

The strength is within us. The simple attempt a child makes to express something within him doesn't need to become this whole drama. No holy war will stop it, only the light within.

That's also what I see changing the situation. The Catholic Church isn't without very great problems, but there IS a mundane goodness there, a gentleness, a compassion and a patience and carefulness which changed the whole situation, I think.

I dont agree on your demon view, but how do u explain all other paranormal events in the that house?

Thanks

John

Yeah i saw the documentary a year ago i haven't forgotten it since i would love a copy thanks

Love has no opposite.

You can not fight a war for something which has no opposite.

In doing so you are creating the very things you say you are fighting against, and you put the blame and cause on something other than yourself.

Seeing your own inner light, the atonement, heals this situation.

Love is all there is.

Love always works.

Edited by peacefulart

Even when the FDA says there is no cure for aids, a miracle can cure it and it has, as it has with everything they say has no cure.

Even when "science" says that many things can't happen, love has no limitations.

That's reality, not all these other things whether they are paranormal or "normal."

I have just watched the Discovery Channel version here A Haunting in Connecticut

Looks as though most of the other episodes are here Google Video if you search for 'a haunting'

What surprised me was that although the investigators gathered evidence (I am assuming photos recordings etc?) for the catholic churches exorcism, there didn’t appear to be any shown in the documentary.

Holy crap.

amybutts

I was actually reading an article where the author of "In a Dark Place" was interviewed. He admitted most of the crap in the book was made up. I guess the family could not keep their stories straight, so he went to Ed Warren and asked him what he wanted to do. Ed told him to make it up and make it good. He was under contract, so he did but made a statement after the book came out stating he embellished most of it.

The people who live in the house now say nothing weird has ever happened and that the most frightening thing they experienced there were on-lookers coming onto the property and knocking on their door to see the "haunted house". This is just another Amytiville hoax. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy a ticket to see the movie, I'm a sucker for a scary movie. But, that is all it is, just entertainment.

That's all true if you're hoping this movie is based entirely on reality.

Holy crap.

That's all true if you're hoping this movie is based entirely on reality.

I saw the movie yesterday, it was pretty damn good, but I was hoping it would ACTUALLY be based on a true story and not made up crap...... :(

The movie gave me a scare. And my mind running in wonders. Because when it the movies and these true story I know there can be added stuff. Antiville Horror. Well That I believe happen same fore The Shinning. For the exorcism ones as well. It to much for me to look into. But spiritual things I don't mind taking a look or reading to. What get me about this...Is the rituals stuff and the martial that comes out of the boy. I looked into a book once in curiosity and connecting with spiritual things to communicate or find things. I don't think is safe ether way. Since it could be an opening to unknown forces. But that my thing about this movie. It like ok do they know or ever find out what ritual they did or tried. Not saying it should be known but if this is a fact it be better to know how to close or stop something from harming anyone. But this marital that comes out of the body ...that well...it was shown in the movie as photos of it. But is there or has there been? So ether human body or objects from walls to grounds to use as passage ways to the unknown spirits well since to me it dangerous all around I am just carouse if that part of it is fiction to make it exciting or is it true. Because if so I don't think I want to know any more horrors from that. All I could think of is how similar like covered writings on things and how they made it as the boy saw the place decaying in the writings remind me so much like silent Hill. But that a game...I am just trying to visualize this world the poor cancer victim went threw or side of some holding of the house that being taking by though summoned souls.

I am only trying to search for truth because for that only spiritual things I saw was an actual photo my own mom had and things from the shows that had heat radars. I rather not notice the spirits myself but know what going on soul wise. Because all I know is what my since can make me notice even when I hardly want to now of days.

But for so far that was the first spirit movie that like got my mind going. Other then exorcism ones.

Edited by Rosie Darko

Actually in my opinion it is all true. The author of In a Dark Place had nothing to do with the haunting. He is simply an author who collected information and wrote a book. Just to add he also has contributed to Sabrina, wrote Warlock and numerous Nightmare on Elm Street books. One of the lead researchers of the haunting, John Zaffis, I personally know and is very trustworthy, trust me, all of this did happen. None of it was for monetary gain.

Demons are very real and want us to think that they are not. This is how they opperate. One part of the ordeal that the Television show does not explore because of the sensative nature involving a minor is how the young boy was effected. Keep in mind that this young child was undergoing chemotherapy. Here it is:

The child was convinced that he was talking to a figure in the basement. Those who know about demons understand that this is very dangerous, NEVER converse with spirits because you never know if they are who they say they are. It may in fact be a demon who will lie and mis-identify itself as a spirit.

The demon began to implant thoughts into the childs head. Thoughts of killing his entire family, including the pets. Sound familiar?, The Amnityville Horror case is very similar and perhaps the same demon was involved. The child wrote all of this down in a diary which his aunt discovered. When the child uncovered that his diary had been discovered he became very enraged assulting the aunt and mother with the force of a full grown man. The mother became very concerned that the health of the child was threatened by his actions and she called for an ambulence. It took three full grown men to subdue a small child who was extremely weakened because of chemotherapy. Persons who are posessed are known for superhuman stregnth.

The child was removed from the house and placed in the hospital for observation. At this point the demon became enraged and began assulting everyone violently. Persons were hit, puched and in a most violent nature literally picked up, laid prone, and slammed on the floor. It was not until the exorcism that this activity ceased.

The spiritual and demonic worlds are real and effect us greatly. They want us to believe that they do not exist. In this manner they can opperate more effectively and unchecked.

Persons from other parts of the world are often amazed at how unbelieving we in the modern world are in all things supernatural.

In remote parts of Africa and South America the spiritual practices of these people are often seen us in developed countries and backward. We often look to the publicised spiritual activities seen on PBS or the Discovery channel as laughable, mocking the dancing of the possessed, the chanting of the shamans and the weeeping of the affected family.

WE all find this hard to believe because from our own experiences these things do not happen. In those parts of the world a belief in demons are strong and the battle is out in the open. Over here because our belief is weak they do not have to directly take us on and can opperate in the background and under the radar.

Medelling in the supernatural is dangerous. If you decide to battle and confront evil you become a target. These beings are very powerful, far more than ourselves. Never talk, mock, jest, or makefun of them. The only one who has the power to take them on the Holy Spirit. What you believe this is is up to you. Either way the forces of good are greater than thoes of evil. It is an eternal battle and we are smack dab in the middle of it.

I can't quite say if I believe in the war part of this. But for the forces of good and evil darkness and light. Well...I grew up with and southern parents and there is their beliefs and the unknown of things. Though I like since overall. Ah...My mom made me a spiritual believer when she showed me this one photo of my brothers and sister with something I could not believe my own eyes . But since I notice it proven I took it in consideration spirits are around in some form or another. For the demon part wow you have a wild info of it. I never thought of it that way as simple it can be to such creatures I guess I'll call them. I do belive we all are capable of being dark in a bad way. To actually made me wonder if it a critical of our demon ways possible in a spiritual since or other wise. That why I want to find out about the ritual situation. I so badly want to see a photo of that marital that suamarge from the or a ritual host.

Chip Coffey. Yep. Well it has to be true if Chip says so. Seeing how real the stuff is he does for PSBS.

Seriously!

Has anyone come across the blog on Carmen Shedeker's (now known as Carmen Reed) myspace page? It was posted on July 4th, 2008. In this blog, she complains about Chip Coffey's television show (psychic kids). She accuses him of putting the kids in danger, exploiting the kids etc. Chip Coffey responds to her blog (three separate times) and points out she is a hypocrite and that she exploited her own kids. (He's right!) Doesnt look like their book will be coming out anytime soon:-)

Also, Chip- it is blatantly obvious that you are gay!!! Listing "no answer" on your sexuality preference (on your myspace page) makes it even more obvious! Just admit it:-)

I just saw the movie last night. To be honest it was the first I had ever heard of this story. I'd really appreciate a link to the documentary. What TV show is it that a lot of people are talking about?

Seriously!

Has anyone come across the blog on Carmen Shedeker's (now known as Carmen Reed) myspace page? It was posted on July 4th, 2008. In this blog, she complains about Chip Coffey's television show (psychic kids). She accuses him of putting the kids in danger, exploiting the kids etc. Chip Coffey responds to her blog (three separate times) and points out she is a hypocrite and that she exploited her own kids. (He's right!) Doesnt look like their book will be coming out anytime soon:-)

Also, Chip- it is blatantly obvious that you are gay!!! Listing "no answer" on your sexuality preference (on your myspace page) makes it even more obvious! Just admit it:-)

<3 Chip