Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting in Connecticut (Documentary)

jdi

Hi has anyone seen the documentary A haunting in connecticut?

I currently have a copy so if anyone is interested in one you can send me an email.

Thanks

John

johni@rogers.com original.gif

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elixir

• bluvsh

• maimie99

• peacefulart

im extremely interested if u have a copy i would appreciate it

thank you

Heath Gagnon

[edit - taken out quote]

Edited by Tommy

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I would be so interested in a copy i have been telling everyone about this scary show i saw. I still get freaked out even thinking about how that demon/man looked, ughhhhhhhhhh!! I'd love a copy!

Jenn

[edit - taken out quote]

Edited by Tommy

I loved the show, "A Haunting In Georgia". It was so interesting how the little girl talked to Mr. Gordy and Con, and then to find out that they had been residents of that area and property was fascinating. But "A Haunting In Connecticut" was really scary, blink.gif and I felt so sorry for the boy that had cancer, and had to live in the basement of a funeral home. SCARY!!! w00t.gifblink.gifohmy.gif

I watched a A Haunting In Georgia I believe on TLC a few weeks back and they showed it twice. I think two hours was too much I would have rathered have them put it into one hour. For the show A Haunting In Connecticut TLC hasn't aired it yet. I would like to see if it is really scary.

And for the three whom wanted both shows or just one why don't you instead of asking someone to give it to you. Just either save up your money and go to Rogers Video (thats what we have up here). Or go to Blockbuster Video and rent it or buy it? It's way easier and the quality of the video would be much better.

I watched A Haunting in Georgia where at the end of the show they had the eldest child blessed or what have you. What they should have done was to bless the heck out of the house.

But that's just my own belief and opinion.

Edited by Rommie

I watched a haunting in conneticut and wouldnt go to the bathroom by myself that whole night it was super scarey. I'd love a copy if you have the time or the energy if not dont worry about it grin2.gif

~*~Starr~*~

I thought it was interesting in A Haunting in Georgia that the hooded figure was depicted as a man wearing a jacket with a hood. I bet if the witnesses were to provide a more accurate description it would have been a hooded figure more closely resembling a shadow person.

A Haunting In Connecticut, was creepy! Especially that demon guy, his eyes were very haunting.

user posted image

Yeah that show was very creepy. Those poor boys and the things they had to witness alone. That is why so many people keep their experiences with the supernatural quiet because of the exact reaction those kids parents had. Makes you feel so bad for them. The idea of moving into a funeral home is scary enough but to find out that a gateway to hell is in your basement...WOAH!!!

Yeah that show was very creepy. Those poor boys and the things they had to witness alone. That is why so many people keep their experiences with the supernatural quiet because of the exact reaction those kids parents had. Makes you feel so bad for them. The idea of moving into a funeral home is scary enough but to find out that a gateway to hell is in your basement...WOAH!!!

793252[/snapback]

But the entire "Haunting in Connecticut" was one big sham.

Check out this link!

I don't understand why that's so hard for members here to swallow. That entire

show was just one big piece of fiction. I agree the show was scary beyond belief, but there is no truth to the 'haunting'.

Edited by elixir

793252[/snapback]

Check out this link!

show was just one big piece of fiction. I agree the show was scary beyond belief, but there is no truth to the 'haunting'.

804022[/snapback]

Interesting piece of information......it's true then....People would rather believe a lie.......that's really scary unsure.gif

793252[/snapback]

Check out this link!

804022[/snapback]

Interesting piece of information......it's true then....People would rather believe a lie.......that's really scary unsure.gif

804211[/snapback]

I'll take you one further (well two) You can visit this link to (when Ray Garton, author of "In A Dark Place" was asked about the "haunting" again recently:

This link right here

Or you can just google "ray garton warrens" in general.

In regard to people who'd rather ignore this: I guess it's the difference between people who'd rather believe that a fantasy is real for entertainment purposes, or for people who'd rather believe a fantasy is reality. I guess I assumed that people who frequented these forums were interested in genuine hauntings, not Hollywood entertainment.

Edited by elixir

Carmen Snedeker (the real name of the mother from a Haunting in Connecticut) has a website that purports to have the *untold* story behind the haunting. I read Ray Garton's book "In a Dark Place" - which was the most terrifying book I have read, real or not - and I found it interesting that some key parts were different than they were in the documentary. In the FAQ section of that site, Snedeker stated that some parts of the book and movie were embellished, but for the most part, were accurate.

I am curious as to what aspects of the family's stories were inconsistent in Ray Garton's opinion, and how much of that could be chalked up to poor memories. I also wonder if the family was simply looking for their 15 minutes of fame, but if so, why did we not hear much of this story?

Interestingly, the website (which hasn't been updated since March) notes that Carmen Snedeker is available to go on speaking tours to talk about her experience. Presumably, for a paycheck....

http://www.hauntedinconnecticutmovie.com/

I currently have a copy so if anyone is interested in one you can send me an email.

thumbsup.gif please email me at turnerscottie@yahoo.com with information on how to receive a copy of this movie. Thanks

Thanks

John

92911[/snapback]

Carmen Snedeker (the real name of the mother from a Haunting in Connecticut) has a website that purports to have the *untold* story behind the haunting. I read Ray Garton's book "In a Dark Place" - which was the most terrifying book I have read, real or not - and I found it interesting that some key parts were different than they were in the documentary. In the FAQ section of that site, Snedeker stated that some parts of the book and movie were embellished, but for the most part, were accurate.

I am curious as to what aspects of the family's stories were inconsistent in Ray Garton's opinion, and how much of that could be chalked up to poor memories. I also wonder if the family was simply looking for their 15 minutes of fame, but if so, why did we not hear much of this story?

Interestingly, the website (which hasn't been updated since March) notes that Carmen Snedeker is available to go on speaking tours to talk about her experience. Presumably, for a paycheck....

http://www.hauntedinconnecticutmovie.com/

807994[/snapback]

Here is a discussion with Ray Garton on the "Horrogasms" forum that he frequents, where he is asked to comment on the book. He reiterates everything he mentions from the 1999 usenet posting.

Ray Garton "In A Dark Place" thread

He states that, the makers of "Haunting in Connecticut" even went about doing their own changes to the 'story'.

Is it frightening? Sure. I think it's probably the most frightening thing produced by a standard cable network. Is it B.S.? Sure - probably very likely. I would not take very much stock in whatever Carmen Snedeker has to say.

But I mean - what are we here for? To talk about fantasy, fiction, and films? Yeah, I know this is the t.v. and media forum, but isn't this suppose to be about the paranormal, and not about fiction?

Edited by elixir

Here is a discussion with Ray Garton on the "Horrogasms" forum that he frequents, where he is asked to comment on the book. He reiterates everything he mentions from the 1999 usenet posting.

Ray Garton "In A Dark Place" thread

He states that, the makers of "Haunting in Connecticut" even went about doing their own changes to the 'story'.

Is it frightening? Sure. I think it's probably the most frightening thing produced by a standard cable network. Is it B.S.? Sure - probably very likely. I would not take very much stock in whatever Carmen Snedeker has to say.

But I mean - what are we here for? To talk about fantasy, fiction, and films? Yeah, I know this is the t.v. and media forum, but isn't this suppose to be about the paranormal, and not about fiction?

817180[/snapback]

What I find curious (and suspicious) is that the Warrens were investigating this supposed haunting, and had people in the house with video equipment (and audio equipment) yet, not a single thing was recorded! Obviously, this detracts from any credibility that these people may have otherwise had.

I have both documentaries. A Haunting in Connecticut (gorgeous clear footage) and A Haunting in Georgia. I can put them on one tape. Please email iansomerhalderfan@yahoo.com for details. Thanks.

^^^^

Well, even though I believe in the possibilites of ghosts, it's just flat out hard to take normal, stable people on their word when it comes to something like ghosts, let alone a dysfunctional family who cannot keep their story straight - and in particular have the Warrens as their investigative team.

I went about finding if Ray Garton had a fourm or other online domain where he hangs out at, and after suceeding I asked him (under my "other" online name) if he would be willing to comment once again on his book and his experiences with that particular case.:

Edit: I put the same link down here to the "Horrorgasms" thread that I have above.

Edited by elixir

^^^^

Well, even though I believe in the possibilites of ghosts, it's just flat out hard to take normal, stable people on their word when it comes to something like ghosts, let alone a dysfunctional family who cannot keep their story straight - and in particular have the Warrens as their investigative team.

I went about finding if Ray Garton had a fourm or other online domain where he hangs out at, and after suceeding I asked him (under my "other" online name) if he would be willing to comment once again on his book and his experiences with that particular case.:

Edit:  I put the same link down here to the "Horrorgasms" thread that I have above.

826729[/snapback]

I totally agree. I certainly believe that ghosts exist - and have had some 'unexplained experiences' myself - but the snedeker story was quite extreme. One thing that I don't understand about the Warrens and their investigation into the snedeker case is WHY nobody managed to get a single occurrence on video or audio! They have all of their researchers at this house, all of whom have recording devices, but NOBODY has one single shred of proof that these things occurred.

Let me know if Ray Garton responds to your new query!

Thanks

^^^^

Edit:  I put the same link down here to the "Horrorgasms" thread that I have above.

826729[/snapback]

I totally agree. I certainly believe that ghosts exist - and have had some 'unexplained experiences' myself - but the snedeker story was quite extreme. One thing that I don't understand about the Warrens and their investigation into the snedeker case is WHY nobody managed to get a single occurrence on video or audio! They have all of their researchers at this house, all of whom have recording devices, but NOBODY has one single shred of proof that these things occurred.

Let me know if Ray Garton responds to your new query!

Thanks

829505[/snapback]

Ray did. The link to the "horrorgasms" forum is way up at the top of the page but I'll share it here:

http://p103.ezboard.com/fhorrorgasmsfrm7.s...icID=1913.topic

Now, in regard to the lack of recordings on video or audio? You have me there. I don't think that the Warrens even bother with that. Why deal in anything close to objective facts when you can just use your "demonology" abilities to tell you if a place is haunted, not to mention a fat book and/or movie deal.

Edited by elixir

hi ive been looking everywhere to get a copy of it if i can get it i would appreciate it, i was also wondering is there a way that it could be downloaded thank you GINA

Thanks

John

92911[/snapback]

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

John

johni@rogers.com :)

hey John

im very much interested if u have a copy, i would realy appreciate it

:D

a copy would be really appriciated :)

i was extremly facisnated about the programme and would like to see it again.

I saw it, very well done documentary.