Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hidden chambers under the great sphinx

vampiredreamer

They never find anything interesting in chambers in the pyramids...it'll be the same for the Sphinx. Probably a sarcoughagas (sp?) or two and a few glyphs.

Well... that depends on your definition of "interesting". The last chamber they opened (KV63) contained mostly empty coffins-- but when they looked at the contents of the last coffin more closely they realized it was filled with flower necklaces, with some of the flowers not turned to dust even after thousands of years. How amazing to look at intact remains of something so ephemeral and so ancient!

My nerdy amateur-archeologist's mind goes wild with excitement over the possibility of discovering a 3rd millenium bc copy of Gilgamesh. Or maybe some description of the eruption of Thera and destruction of the Minoan civilization. I guess that if the site was water damaged, all that stuff is long gone.

I'd think they'd find other doors... entrances to ancient subteranean civilizations...

http://www.holloworbs.com/Pyramids.htm

On page 613 of his book Our World Vedic Heritage, Mr. Oaks presents a picture of an ancient, Egyptian statue of a man dressed in robes and practically covered with Vishnu tilak and sandal paste, the kind which the Shree Vaishnava sect uses in South India. The caption identifies the man as a designer of the pyramids and a Dravidian. The picture was originally produced in the book Egyptian Myth and Legend, on page 368, as well as in the book: Long Missing Links. On the next page P.N. Oaks produces another picture from the book Long Missing links, that of a pharaoh of Memphis. The pharaoh is also using tilak just like the Shree Vaishnavas.

Miles and miles of tunnels and chambers exist underneath the pyramids in Egypt, so deep that they still have not been fully explored. Where do they go? In the Egyptian Book of the Dead, there are numerous references to opulent, subterranean worlds, accessed through these tunnels, and the tunnels under Tibet are deemed to lead directly to Shambala and Shangri La, two Vedic cities in the hollow Earth.

Bhaktivedanta Swami, Prabhupada, stated in the purport to Canto 4, Chapter 22, Text 54, that "The Vedic literature, however, repeatedly informs us that the Moon is full of highly elevated inhabitants who are counted amongst the demigods."

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/world/med/eg-vonk.htm

http://www.wisdomworld.org/additional/List...entTemples.html

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/world/med/eg-vonk.htm

The idea that the pyramids have been surrounded and exposed to seawater has not been given much thought because it would involve considering the pyramids to be much older than 5,000 years. G. de Purucker says the following about the age of the Great Pyramid:

the Great Pyramid was built at least seventy-five thousand years ago, and I am of opinion it was twice that long time, 150 thousand years ago. But I believe H.P.B. has stated somewhere that the Theosophical scientist who knows what he is doing could prove at least three full circlings of the precessional cycle, each one nearly 26,000 years long. -- Studies in Occult Philosophy, p. 135

In a manuscript preserved in the Bodleian Library and translated by Dr. Sprenger, Abu Zeyd el Balkhy quotes an ancient inscription which mentions that the Great Pyramid was built at a time when the Lyre was in the sign of Cancer, and this has been interpreted by some as referring to a time 73,000 years ago. Unspecified Arabic accounts also shed light on the function of the pyramids:

http://www.livinginthelightms.com/in_searc...shambhala2.html

Afghanistan

According to British explorer T. Wilkins, the Mongolian tribes of Inner Mongolia believe that there are entrances to a great tunnel system that leads to a subterranean world of Antediluvian descent somewhere in a recess of Afghanistan , Hindu s an entrance to the tunnels in New

Manhattan, New York

An entrance to the inner earth tunnels is thought to be reached through an abandoned elevator shaft in Manhattan, New York. Only a few know where the exact location is and I am not one of them.

Canada

Another entrance is found in the Nahanni Valley but many of those that have dared to enter this area have been found decapitated, thus giving the region its name ‘The Valley of the Headless Men’. The Nahanni Valley in Canada is the land of the Ojibways, the Slave, Dogribs, Stoney, the Beavers and the Chipweyans. It covers 250 square miles in the southern end of the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada and lies almost 550 miles due west of Fort Simpson on the Mackenzie River of northwest Canada. Hot springs and sulfur geysers keep the valley warmer than the surrounding areas by about 30 degrees year-round. This land of perpetual mist is viewed by the Indians as ’taboo’ and avoided.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta09.htm

http://www.earth-keeper.com/tiahuanacoarticle.shtml

Edited by crystal sage

But in addition to all of this, it's obvious that Zahi will denounce any claims of a secret chamber below the sphinx because he wants the credit for it.

In fact, Hawass has authorized several digs to uncover the anomalous readings obtained by Schoch (and others) via seismic surveys taken in the area. As an earlier poster said, nothing was found. That's not exactly strange, it can be extremely difficult to interpret seismic data. Especially in old limestone, which is quite often full of naturally formed cavities, washed out by eons of weathering (most caves occur in limestone.)

In the case of the anomaly spotted by Schoch's team, there was no chamber found at all, just some fissures in the stone.

Everyone should remember here that the Sphinx was carved into the existing limestone bedrock. Any chamber "under" it would have to be carved out of solid stone. Not that such a thing would be that hard to do, just that we should remember that the Sphinx wasn't built, it was carved.

That means he will not ever let us know what's under there unless he can take the full credit for it. I doubt there's anything under there. They didn't find much anyway when they went the last time. But that could just be him covering it all up. Something weird goes on with those people, it's very beaureucratic in Egypt, especially with the antiquities. If they found that Egypt wasn't the first civilization, I think they'd be p***ed off. They won't let anyone know.

There have been all kinds of artifacts found in Egypt that date back to periods prior to the Egyptian Civilization. Even further back than Homo Sapiens. Hawass has no problem with these. Why should he?

Artifactual evidence predating Egypt indicates a nomadic and undeveloped culture existed there. If you wanted to call it a civilization you could, though it just doesn't fit with what the professionals mean when they use the word.

Here's a great post I found on another board like this one:

(There was a lot of discussion actually defending Zahi Hawass, and here is Cleasterwood's reply to that)

"Never once have I said the pyramids were built by aliens because I don't even believe that. Hawass does care because he specifically denies anyone else could have built them. IT would undermine his life's work, so yes he does care. Were you there? Did you see who built them? For that matter did Hawass watch them being built? NO, so you may think you know, but you're only going by what Hawass and others tell you to be true.

My thoughts are this. If Troy was at one time considered fictional myth and was later discovered to have existed, so then could Atlantis. Explain away all the cultural myths of a sunken civilization, even the ones of Egyptian mythology. Even the ancient Egyptians believed that their gods came from a homeland that sank beneath the waves, so again, the pyramids could have come from a previous civilization. I say this because if you look at the pyramids of the Giza Plateau and the predecessors you can clearly see the superiority of the Plateau and surprisingly enough, the pyramids at Giza were the last ones ever built. To me, they could have been the first ones built and the later pharaohs tried to reproduce them without success so they gave up altogether.

He does no more than he's willing to tell because he wants to sensationalize the find, just as he's done with all the previous discoveries. He's plastered it all over tv just to get ratings and more tourism to his country. I don't trust him as far as I can pick him up and throw him." - from http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/cleasterwood

One of the best descriptions of this whole problem I've ever seen. Thanks, Cleasterwood

Please don't pester this quote, just read it and give it a thought. =)

Per your request, I won't pester it. I would, however, like to let everyone know that Cleasterwood is wrong about Egyptian mythology above, wrong about the Giza pyramids being the last, and that Cleasterwood has many ignorant ideas about the ancient past which I have attempted to rectify for him on that very same message board. I would suggest that anyone lending any credence to what Cleasterwood says here should go to that thread and look at some of the responses this post generated.

By the above (Cleasterwood) logic, we could also assume that airliners are built by orangutans, since we (most of us) weren't there to "watch them being built."

Harte

Was the live TV program about where they sent a robot up a tunnel and saw a panel/door blocking their path (perhaps with hinges?) and left it to be continue?

Was the live TV program about where they sent a robot up a tunnel and saw a panel/door blocking their path (perhaps with hinges?) and left it to be continue?

yes I saw that episode!!!

Yeah I saw that too. It was very anti climatic. Most of his programs are extremely hyped up and then totally anti climatic. What cleasterwood is trying to say is we weren't there to see the pyramids being built to we are allowed to have an open mind about their construction. I liked what he was saying about Zahi, that's why I put up the post. Just ignore the stuff about Atlantis, that doesn't have anything to do with this conversation. But it was in the post, so I just posted the whole thing instead of chunking it up, which then it wouldn't have made sense. I knew you would post to that since I saw your name on the other board. In the original post I almost said, "Harte has already discussed this so lets hear it again!" But I thought that would just get you even more riled up. Well, I guess my post alone did it anyway.

The point is I am not going to believe everything Zahi says and claims is truth because his life's work has been the Giza Plateau and his whole career depends on it being exactly what he says it is.

BUT

The whole point of this thread was about a chamber beneath the sphinx. What I'm saying is that we haven't found much of anything down there, and I wouldn't be surprised that even if we did find something, Zahi would keep it secret until the right time. That doesn't mean he is trying to supress the truth about Egyptian ancient history or anything, but what it does mean is he has the ability to do that, and I wouldnt be surprised if we was doing that. Doesnt mean I think he is, it means I wouldnt be surprised by it if it were true. Those are two completely different things. It seems to me that no matter what I say, whether its I dont believe this or I do believe this, Harte will find something to attack in my posts. Thank you Harte for making me over and over a more and more critial thinker. Hmm, what else can I come up with for Harte to debate?

:tu:

http://members.tripod.com/~Ravenwoods/index-55Giza.html

By Paul White

Since the declassification of the new ground-penetrating radar 2 years ago, the most staggering data has emerged of complex and labyrinthine underground systems in various parts of the world. At places like Guatemala in the South Americas, tunnels have been mapped under the Mayan pyramid complex at Tikal, which extend a full 800 kilometres to the opposite side of the country. Investigators remarked, it was possible to understand how half a million Mayan Indians escaped the decimation of their culture.

In similar fashion, the SIRA radar was deployed in Egypt as early as 1978, mapping an extraordinary subterranean complex beneath the Egyptian pyramids. Arrangements made with President Sadat of Egypt, resulted in three decades of top secret excavations to penetrate the system. At a recent meeting in Australia, one of the key scientists on the Giza project, Dr. Jim Hurtak, showed film footage of work in progress called, CHAMBERS OF THE DEEP, due to be released at the end of the century.

The film reveals the discovery of a vast megalithic metropolis, 15,000 years old, reaching several levels below the Giza plateau. While the rest of the Nu-Age speculates about a hidden chamber under the left paw of the Sphinx, the legendary "City Of The Gods", lays sprawled beneath. Complete with hydraulic underground waterways, the film shows massive chambers, the proportions of our largest cathedrals, with enormous statues, the size of the Valley of the Nile, carved in-situ. Researchers, risking their lives with lights and cameras, carefully negotiated rubber dinghies across subterranean rivers and kilometer-wide lakes, to penetrate sealed chambers beyond. Already, remarkable caches of records and artifacts have been found.

Edited by crystal sage

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/enoch/esp_enoch_6.htm

It is the legacy of a civilization and a technology way beyond our own. A technology capable of creating a vast underground city, of which the sphinx and pyramids are merely the surface markers. The project scientist, Dr. Hurtak, likens it to the impact of contact with an advanced extraterrestrial culture. He described it as the discovery of the Fourth Root culture, the so-called Atlantean civilization, destroyed by the last earth tumble. It presents unequivocal evidence that all languages, cultures and religions trace back to a single common source, which Dr. Hurtak refers to as the "Parent Civilization".

Hurtak refers to a "language of light" and a great priest-scientist of the previous time cycle, named ENOCH, who is associated with the building of the Great Pyramid complex. Hurtak alludes to a grand spiritual science, a science which describes a genetic stairway to the stars.

The priest-scientist ENOCH, is a prediluvian patriarch, one of the most famous and seminal characters of the previous time cycle. Father of Methuselah and great grandfather of Noah, Enoch is credited in the Bible as architect of the original Zion, the legendary "City of Yahweh", as well as inventor of the alphabet and calendar. Enoch is also history's first astronaut, who "is taken aloft by the Lord" and shown "the secrets of earth and heaven". He returns to earth with the "weights and measures" for all humankind.

Known to the Egyptians as THOTH, the "Lord of Magic and Time" and to the Greeks as HERMES, "messenger of the gods", he is even remembered in the Celtic tradition as the enigmatic wizard Merlin, who disappears up an apple tree to mythic Avalon, seeking the secret of immortality and vowing to return.

As one who attained immortality, the secret of how we "might become as gods", Thoth/Enoch promises to return at the end of time "with the keys to the gates of the sacred land." In the controversial Dead Sea Scrolls, revealing the lost Books Of Enoch removed from the Bible by early religious leaders, Enoch describes a wondrous civilization in the past, who misused the keys of higher knowledge and were unable to save themselves from the last cataclysm. Both literally and figuratively they lost the "keys", they lost all higher knowledge.

Yet, Enoch, along with many traditions, even the Mayan legend of Quetzacoatal, promises a return of this knowledge at "The end of time", the end of the present time cycle. Biblical Revelations promise "all will be revealed" at the end of the present world. The extraordinary discoveries in Egypt and other parts of the world, describe not just an advanced technology but, evolutionary path beyond our present state.

Careful scientific examination of the world's key pyramid sites, reveal them to be sophisticated harmonic structures, not only mirroring positions of the planets and stellar systems but, designed to mimic the chakras and harmonic cavities of the human body. Even each stone within the Great Pyramid is harmonically tuned to a specific frequency or musical tone. The sarcophagus in the centre of the Great Pyramid is tuned to the frequency of the human heart beat.

Astonishing experiments, conducted by Dr. Hurtak and colleagues at the Great Pyramid and other sites in the South Americas, demonstrate the pyramids to be voice-activated "geophysical computers." Intoning specific ancient sounds, the scientific team produced visible standing waves of light, above and within the pyramids and were even able to penetrate, hitherto, inaccessible chambers. Subsequent discoveries indicate the ancient priest-scientists employed some sort of harmonic sound technology within the temple structures.

The lost Enochian knowledge reveals the mother tongue as a "language of Light". Known to the ancients as HIBURU, it is the primal seed language, introduced at the beginning of this time cycle. Modern research confirms, the most ancient form Hebrew to be a natural language, the alphabetic forms emerging from the phosphene flare patterns of the brain. The same shapes, in fact, born of a spinning vortex. It is a true language of light, coursing through our very nervous system.

Encoding the natural waveform geometries of the physical world, Hiburu is a harmonic language, mimicking the waveform properties of light. The "keys" Enoch speaks of, turn out to be sound keys, keys to be vibratory matrix of reality itself, the mythic "Power of the World". The Enochian knowledge describes sonic equations, encoded within the ancient mantras and god names, capable of directly affect the nervous system and producing profound effect of healing and higher consciousness states.

As the ancient texts declare, "If you would speak with the gods you must first learn the language of the gods."

DNA, the ancient cabalistic "Tree Of Life" portrayed in the Biblical Torah, is now coming to be viewed as a live vibrating structure, rather than a fixed tape recording. Many modern scientists, regard DNA as a shimmering, waveform configuration, able to be modified by light, radiation, magnetic fields or sonic pulses. The legacy of Thoth/Enoch suggests this "language of Light", the harmonic science of the ancients, could actually affect DNA.

The evidence in Egypt, indicates this was the grand 6,000 year genetic experiment attempted by the Egyptians, the quest for immortality and the stars, a quest described by the great ones of old, a quest initiated by Gilgamesh so very long ago. The Egyptians were not fixated on the afterlife, as thought by early Christian translators but, focused on creating a higher type of human. Along with many ancient cultures, they believed DNA came from the stars and was destined to return.

The knowledge of Thoth/Enoch implies humans are meant to evolve beyond our present terrestrial form, as the Bible tells us, "we may become greater than angels". The Egyptians record stories of the "Star Walkers", occasional individuals who, like Enoch, travelled "beyond the Great Eye of Orion" and returned, to walk like gods amongst men. Despite the bleaching of semi-divine beings from modern consciousness, could it be possible, as the ancient texts insist, we are destined to "become as gods"? are the Mayan "Lords of Light" and the Egyptian/Tibetan "Shining Ones" really a higher form of human?

According to many earth legends, such beings are supposed to return regularly, at the beginning and end of each time cycle, the 13,000 year half-point of our solar system's 26,000 year zodiacal orbit around galaxy centre. Because of conditions on our galactic orbit, these 13,000 year intervals or "worlds", seem to be separated by cataclysmic upheaval.

According to the "calendar in stone" of the Great Pyramid, which describes the so-called "Phoenix Cycle" of our galactic orbit, the present time period ends (converted to our present calendar) in the year 2012 AD. The Greek word PHOENIX, derived from the Egyptian word, PA-HANOK, actually means, "The House of Enoch".

The Enochian knowledge suggests, these regular cataclysmic changes act as an evolutionary agent provocateur, to quicken the resident life forms to the next evolutionary phase, prior to exodus from the womb planet. Human evolution may proceed more rapidly than previously thought. The evidence now appearing, records civilizations before us, who mastered the physical continuum and progressed beyond this world. There were also those who failed. We, too, have equal opportunity to make it or break it.

The discoveries emerging from Egypt, describe the existence of a world wide pyramid temple system in prehistory, mounted like antennae on the key energy meridians, which were employed by ancient priest-scientists as a musical system to stabilize the tectonic plates of the planet... cataclysmic geology at it's finest. From the mother tongue word JEDAIAH, meaning "the way of the Word" or "the power of the Word", the ancient JEDAI priests used the language of Light to tune the planet like a giant harmonic bell. Much is being rediscovered in the last days of this time cycle. In the words of Dr. Jay Franz, of the Omega Foundation,

"even if we don't dare to name it, there is a universal feeling of something impending on the world stage."

Recommended reading:

FINGERPRINTS OF THE GODS, Graham Hancock.

THE GREAT PYRAMID, Peter Lemesurier.

LOST CITIES & ANCIENT MYSTERIES OF SOUTH AMERICA, David Hatcher Childress.

THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN, Zecharia Sitchin.

THE KEYS OF ENOCH, J.J.Hurtak. Library of Congress 76-55939

SERPENT IN THE SKY, John Anthony West.

BEYOND PROPHECIES AND PREDICTIONS, Moira Timms.

:innocent: Then there is this denial from Hurtag himself.. saying that he didn't write it ... just something he said once that turned around and bit him... :devil: ...

Hmmmm??? <_<

*Correction* to "Chambers of the Deep" Article - It was NOT Written by J.J. Hurtak

The following *correction* to the "Chambers of the Deep" article was received on January 21, 2004 from Kathleen Donaldson of the Academy for Future Science.

Evidently, the "interesting" article is bogus information and was NOT written by J. J. Hurtak. My apologies to Dr. Hurtak and all that may have been mislead by this false information.

Please share this correction with anyone you may have sent this "Chambers of the Deep" message to. Thanks so much.

Subj: Fwd: Chambers of the Deep by J. J. Hurtak IS WRONG

Dear Friends:

PLEASE NOTE that this article"CHAMBERS OF THE DEEP" which you were passing around was NOT written by Dr. Hurtak .

So please email your associates and let this know so this garbage does not get spread across the internet. The Academy which I am writing on behalf of -- is an organization founded by Dr. J.J. Hurtak and we have received numerous complaints regarding this article.

We can assure you that Dr. Hurtak had NOTHING to do with this article. This article was originally written by a type of TABLOID writer Paul White -- and in correcting him in 2002 he wrote:

DEAR [Academy]:...YOU ARE REFERRING TO THAT HOMETOWN ARTICLE OF MINE WHICH SOMEONE POSTED ON THE NET A FEW YEARS AGO. I HAD TO BUY A COMPUTER AND LEARN HOW TO GET ON THE NET, JUST TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON.

NATURALLY I GREATLY REGRET THIS ARTICLE ESCAPING THE SMALL HOMETOWN JOURNAL FOR WHICH IT WAS INTENDED. HOWEVER, IN LIGHT OF THE DISTRESS IT APPARENTLY CAUSES YOU, DEALING WITH THE CONTINUAL ECHOES, I GIVE YOU FULL AUTHORITY TO NOTIFY PEOPLE IN MY NAME AS WELL AS YOUR OWN TO POLITELY REQUEST TERMINATION OF THE ARTICLE ON THOSE SITES ON WHICH IT OCCURS.

FOR MY PART, I AM APPALLED IT IS STILL CAUSING ME SO MUCH EMBARRASSMENT ALL THIS TIME LATER. I HOPE YOU CAN FIND AN APPROPRIATE REACTION TO THE SITUATION AND NOT THINK TOO BADLY OF ME...I SOUGHT NEITHER FORTUNE OR FAME BUT SIMPLY TO ADVANCE AWARENESS OF THE KEYS IN MY OWN AREA...SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN DEVOTED TO FOR SOME YEARS NOW. ...

WARM REGARDS

PAUL WHITE

So your perpetuation of it with the WRONG AUTHOR is unfortunately typical of garbage going around the internet -- I would equate it to SPAM.

Again, Dr. Hurtak has nothing to do with this article and has no film etc that is alleged -- so in our opinion you are just spreading more false information on the internet. Please inform anyone whom you had already sent it to of this fact. If you want to read words from Dr. Hurtak please go to our website at:

www.keysofenoch.org, www.futurescience.org or www.initiation.cc

Sincerely,

Kathleen Donaldson, Academy For Future Science

http://www.cam.net.uk/home/aaa315/spirit/egypt-secrets.htm

Hi all, I've been a regular browser for a couple of years now and have finally registered as I wanted to add to this thread.

I have visited the network and rooms under the Sphinx many times in meditation and my understanding is that it is multi-dimensional. I have seen what's there - as much as I am allowed to anyway. It is all intact and in immaculate condition but not in this reality, if archaelogists were to gain access underneath then all they will find is ruins. To see what's 'really' there you must be able to see other dimensions, whether that's through meditation, with astral projection, or visit physically and have have the ability see other layers beyond this reality or at least have psychic vision. I have been shown that the knowledge is there to be gained, not in books or physical records but in energy form. There is also much more to it than just being the 'hall of records'.

After the meditations, I came across Drunvalo's comments about his 'message from Thoth' and his descriptions of how to access the chambers and what's down there pretty much fit my own experiences - in fact, some of the detail matched so precisely I was completely spooked. I also came across the website included earlier on this thread which showed Osiris tomb in it's current state - this also validated what I saw, even down to the pillars and the pool.

I have also read the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, the first time not understanding a word. As my meditation experiences continued, re-reading the tablets made more sense and the third time of reading them a couple of years later I finally understood. It's a how to access the knowledge guide, pretty much step by step. It begins by saying that access to the knowledge must be gained astrally and as the chapters continue they only make sense with the experiences I have had already in meditation. I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to see all the stages through to be honest as overcoming fear completely is the key.

Hope I'm not coming across as a fruitloop, but that's my belief and my experience of under the Sphinx. I had no knowledge whatsoever of the Sphinx or the Pyramids before these meditations, thankfully, I managed to validate a lot of it afterwards with other people's experiences and images of what has already been discovered.

Edited by Rainbow Spirit

I think it'd be nice if we found cures for all kinds of horrible diseases in the chamber, and concrete proof of the existence of other intelligent life forms that have visited Earth before

...What cleasterwood is trying to say is we weren't there to see the pyramids being built to we are allowed to have an open mind about their construction.

Cleasterwood is fond of exhibiting righteous indignation on a subject he appears to be completely unfamiliar with.

Sure, Hawass has a theory about how the pyramids were constructed, by whom and why. So does practically every other archaeologist involved with ancient Egypt. I hesitate to call them Egyptologists, though they call themselves this. One may know absolutely nothing about Egypt, yet still refer to oneself as an "Egyptologist." Seems more of a media term than an official designation, at least to me.

Anyway, I'm not aware of anyone that says with absolute certainty that the pyramids were absolutely, conclusively and proveably built this particular way, by that particular guy in this particular year. Or the sphinx either, for that matter. That's why these things are called "theories." Experts of similar pedigree can have vast differences over the particulars of a subject, if those particulars aren't known as fact. But there is some darn good evidence behind what Hawass says about the pyramids and we ignore these known facts at the peril of our intellectual honesty. In Cleasterwood's case, at the peril of what little intellectual honesty he has remaining.

...I liked what he was saying about Zahi, that's why I put up the post. Just ignore the stuff about Atlantis, that doesn't have anything to do with this conversation. But it was in the post, so I just posted the whole thing instead of chunking it up, which then it wouldn't have made sense. I knew you would post to that since I saw your name on the other board. In the original post I almost said, "Harte has already discussed this so lets hear it again!" But I thought that would just get you even more riled up. Well, I guess my post alone did it anyway.

Well, you know my policy about not letting nonsense stand for too long without rebutting it, preferably in the next post or at least the same page. There's enough flapdoodle out there already, we don't need to generate more. Outlandish claims are so easy to find on the internet that they turn up even in innocuous Google searches. Spend some time trying to find the "official" explanations for the subjects of these claims (don't forget - you can't take the claimant's word for the "official" explanation - people like Hancock et al. are notorious for leaving out the "why" of such "official" explanations) and you'll see why I'm interested in refuting them somewhere in the neighborhood of the original claim. It took a good deal of work to come up with the references I've already provided here in other posts. You know, Doug's Archaeology Site, Catchpenny's, Antiquity of Man, etc.

The point is I am not going to believe everything Zahi says and claims is truth because his life's work has been the Giza Plateau and his whole career depends on it being exactly what he says it is.

In my opinion, this is not true of Hawass, or any other archaeologist. In fact, it seems quite the opposite. Were an archaeologist to turn established theory on it's head, it seems to me that his career would then be a guaranteed success.

The whole point of this thread was about a chamber beneath the sphinx. What I'm saying is that we haven't found much of anything down there, and I wouldn't be surprised that even if we did find something, Zahi would keep it secret until the right time. That doesn't mean he is trying to supress the truth about Egyptian ancient history or anything, but what it does mean is he has the ability to do that, and I wouldnt be surprised if we was doing that.

Hawass is somewhat of a showman. I wouldn't be surprised that he would try to time any finding to his (and his government's) benefit. On the other hand, he wouldn't come out and deny the very existence of something like the "Hall of Records" if he was going to announce it's discovery in a year or two.

It seems to me that no matter what I say, whether its I dont believe this or I do believe this, Harte will find something to attack in my posts. Thank you Harte for making me over and over a more and more critial thinker. Hmm, what else can I come up with for Harte to debate?

Please don't take it personally, Rezna. You know my philosophy. I consider it my duty. Nothing against you. Your own posts of your own opinions are level-headed enough to escape my wrath. Wish I could say that for some of the others around here. There are several that I'm at a loss for words to answer. M.A.D. for example. What an excellent username for that one!

Harte

Water conduits and controls for the irrigation and operation of the

pumps, fountains, and various water works will be found under the

Sphinx.

Anyway, I'm not aware of anyone that says with absolute certainty that the pyramids were absolutely, conclusively and proveably built this particular way, by that particular guy in this particular year. Or the sphinx either, for that matter. That's why these things are called "theories." Experts of similar pedigree can have vast differences over the particulars of a subject, if those particulars aren't known as fact. But there is some darn good evidence behind what Hawass says about the pyramids and we ignore these known facts at the peril of our intellectual honesty. In Cleasterwood's case, at the peril of what little intellectual honesty he has remaining.

It's true that no one knows how they were built but it is simply staggering

to me that when a theory is proposed that explains virtually all the known

mysteries there are really no facts or evidence brought forth to show the

theory is wrong or might be wrong.

Why is the best fit theory simply being ignored? Do you guys have some

knowledge that proves it false which you aren't sharing? Do you really be-

lieve Hawaas or any other egyptologist is going to "stand" the world on its

ear without conclusive proof?

This is the guy who won't even let "crackpots" near the pyramids. Anyone

who questions dogma is a crackpot.

• Confused 1

I read an article a while back about geologists who had examined the pyramids and sphynx and they said that the erosion of them wasn't caused by thousands of years of sand storms but rather thousands of years of drout, constant downpours of rain, a great flood. I don't know whether to believe that or not but if it's true it would suggest that the structures are a lot older than we think. That the lower half of the sphynx may have been submerged in water for all that time.

i read the hidden room is surpose to be under the right paw of the Sphinx, could be scrolls and paper from the library of Alexandria.

here are some lik if you want to read.

An apt username. Apparently there aren't enough mysteries out there - you gotta go "seek" one (make one up, IOW.)

It's quite unlikely that any material from the Library of Alexandria made it into some secret chamber under the Sphinx. See, the Sphinx is carved out of the bedrock, and predates the establishment of the Library by, oh, something like 2300 years! Not to mention that the Library was still in existence as recently as the third century AD!

Why in God's name would the Egyptians (Romans, actually) of that time place anything from the Library of Alexandria into some chamber under the Sphinx that was carved out thousands of years before the Library was even established? By that logic, they should have just put the entire contents of the Library under the Sphinx from the very beginning. That way they wouldn't have had to build and maintain the Library for 500 years or so.

Also, neither of your links contain any material whatsoever regarding this dirt-dumb idea.

Sheesh, it's getting so that I can't even read the posts here without cringing anymore.

Harte

I read an article a while back about geologists who had examined the pyramids and sphynx and they said that the erosion of them wasn't caused by thousands of years of sand storms but rather thousands of years of drout, constant downpours of rain, a great flood. I don't know whether to believe that or not but if it's true it would suggest that the structures are a lot older than we think. That the lower half of the sphynx may have been submerged in water for all that time.

Yes,there are fissures and chambers beneath the Sphinx. The Sphinx is carved from Limestone and it is part of a large bed of limestone that once formed a submarine reef. Water will dissolve limestone and it is this process that creates the numerous fissures and chambers in it. Any obviously man-made chambers beneath the Sphinx would have been investigated. Dr.Zawi Hawass is a very ambitious man and I am quite sure that the opportunity to make a new discovery and enhance his fame further would not be missed by him.

An apt username. Apparently there aren't enough mysteries out there - you gotta go "seek" one (make one up, IOW.)

It's quite unlikely that any material from the Library of Alexandria made it into some secret chamber under the Sphinx. See, the Sphinx is carved out of the bedrock, and predates the establishment of the Library by, oh, something like 2300 years! Not to mention that the Library was still in existence as recently as the third century AD!

Why in God's name would the Egyptians (Romans, actually) of that time place anything from the Library of Alexandria into some chamber under the Sphinx that was carved out thousands of years before the Library was even established? By that logic, they should have just put the entire contents of the Library under the Sphinx from the very beginning. That way they wouldn't have had to build and maintain the Library for 500 years or so.

Also, neither of your links contain any material whatsoever regarding this dirt-dumb idea.

Sheesh, it's getting so that I can't even read the posts here without cringing anymore.

Harte

I have to agree with you.. Call me stupid but i always find it better when people have information that correlates with one another, even if each is providing small snippets of what they've read..

For example

I saw a sphere, it's believed to be a fruit of some sort..

Well i read that it was orange in colour but i don't think it's a fruit

An orange..

You see you have to come to SOME mutual understanding, lots and lots and lots of different oppinions HAVE to collerate in some way even if it's only in a small way.. Like why was this built before or after, how old is this how old is that.

I know it may be annoying to read everybody's beliefs but IF you read what everybody says and peice it together in your mind you will see minor connections and even the smallest connection is a strong one in regards to a puzzle.

You should all start reasoning with one another rather than barging in declairing who's right and who's wrong.. Stop posting links please and share YOUR beliefs.. When you read articles, ask yourself questions, don't believe in the article try to understand and question it, try to see/find a connection to other articles you've read. That's what i always do i don't look at one particular point of view i look at all points of view and i search for a connection of some sort and so on.

Tell me about it.

Do you think theres any way that the angier you get in your posts, the faster your heart avatar beats? Maybe one day it'll just pop. That'll show 'em.

i read the hidden room is surpose to be under the right paw of the Sphinx, could be scrolls and paper from the library of Alexandria.

here are some lik if you want to read.

http://www.chapeltibet.cnchost.com/ct/Tablets.html#Preface

I think these sort of nonsense website links should be banned from this forum. The first line of this one says "Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country."

Please explain the point in posting such nebulous information?

I think these sort of nonsense website links should be banned from this forum. The first line of this one says "Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country."

Please explain the point in posting such nebulous information?

Looks like fairy tale talk to me lol.

The egyptans have stated that the carving in front of the sphynx protraying the sphinx sitting on a room is a misconception. amd it really shows the sphinx on a pedestal as all gods and idols should be worship.. i dont know but its a pretty reasonible explnation

Tell me about it.

Do you think theres any way that the angier you get in your posts, the faster your heart avatar beats? Maybe one day it'll just pop. That'll show 'em.

LOL.

Thinking of altering the .gif file to make it beat faster - maybe redder or squirting, and using that avatar for replies to posts like the one in question here!

The egyptans have stated that the carving in front of the sphynx protraying the sphinx sitting on a room is a misconception.

Considering that there never has existed any such carving as you describe it, I doubt very seriously that the "egyptans (double sic) have stated" anything at all about it, much less called it a misconception.

amd it really shows the sphinx on a pedestal as all gods and idols should be worship.. i dont know but its a pretty reasonible explnation

Since it doesn't exist, I doubt it "really shows" anything like this.

Lay off the mushrooms jack.

Harte

LOL.

Thinking of altering the .gif file to make it beat faster - maybe redder or squirting, and using that avatar for replies to posts like the one in question here!

Considering that there never has existed any such carving as you describe it, I doubt very seriously that the "egyptans (double sic) have stated" anything at all about it, much less called it a misconception.

Since it doesn't exist, I doubt it "really shows" anything like this.

Lay off the mushrooms jack.

Harte

Im very sorry to inform you.

I was watching a history program on monday night on terrestral TV about the theorys and realitys of the pyramids and the sphinx, and Dr. Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, was standing beside it, its a large tablet stone with 2 sphinxs carved, he was showing the stone wich is directly in front of the sphynx and that was his explnation of it. then he took the guy and camera crew inside the Great pyramid and above the kings room are 5 rooms on top of each other ( attics if you will.) he took them up through them(wich have been closed to the public for some years now.) to the last one where he showed writing and measurement he maintains were made by the workers.

i think the name of the show was, mysteries of the pyramids. he also has a guy walking around the pyramids talking about Edgar cayace and the hidden room and other theorys. so the show was shown from both sides. im not saying i agree with the egyptans, but i was watching the show on tv

ok got that,

Do a background check before you make my posts look like lies.

Edited by louie