Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Make Europe Pay Us Tribute

Mars

Ignoarant? WE tried to avoid war but we could hardly stand by and watch Hitler walk into any damn country he wanted! We warned him there would be a war if he went into Poland, but he went anyway. How is that European ignorance?

Talking about Hitler.. No I agree with Britian's reaction to Hitler... In-fact I believe America should of been there in 1939 helping but just like Europe is today, we didn't want to get involved in a war, until Pearl Harbor occured, which in fact is the result of mining Japan's harbors.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• NiCkC818

• Stardrive

• truethat

I believe Europe does owe us after all the souls that were lost fighting their war. I would cash in on that debt now.

Wow, no wonder i hate the french so much. Wasn't it us who saved their beignet making buttocks' when they surrendured(spelling) in WWII??!??! :angry:

You don't hear France going on about how they sorted the US out in the American Revolution, so its about time the US dropped WW2.

However, a total of 9 Americans did help us .........

Oh Scheiße! ist es Ben Affleck in seinem Spitfire, wir sind verloren! :w00t:

and you just don't mess with Switzerland.

Yeah man, those pen knifes have everything you would ever need to take out an invading army :D

Edited by Q-Ball

Maybe you are the guys who owe them something, Them fighting their butts off in both World Wars and you didn't step in until after Thousands or Millions had died.

Yeah, and when you do apply the lesson learned from not acting soon enough, you are called by the left wing nuts as war mongerer, over reacting, or didn't give sanction, embarg or diplomatic solutions or whatever enough time to work.

Still going on about ww1 and ww2.,, when are you people gonna get it, you werent even born then it has nothing to do with you,

and if your gonna help out in Iraq or Afganistan just do it and dont harp on for the next 60 years about how you helped out

Yeah, and when you do apply the lesson learned from not acting soon enough, you are called by the left wing nuts as war mongerer, over reacting, or didn't give sanction, embarg or diplomatic solutions or whatever enough time to work.

Wall street supported Hitler's Military build up.

And guess what Genius, Bush's Grandfather Prescott was reprimanded for violating the trading with the Enemy act.

Wall street supported Hitler's Military build up.

And guess what Genius, Bush's Grandfather Prescott was reprimanded for violating the trading with the Enemy act.

So? That is why there is lesson to be learned.

Curious if y'all could answer me why all these non Americans are so het up over the way the interpretation of the war is presented.

You say it was old news and not relevant anymore, so why do you care?

And the only way to work things out and learn is to talk about it. No matter how ugly it gets.

Im from the US and feel europe owes us nothing......

That is what generates resent, this constant portrayal of altruism that the US has to constantly perpetuate . Why can't you admit you are just greedy oil grabbing pirates. You care one iota about how many saddam killed . Truethat is a person i can admire for at least admitting what it is, a war for economic gain.. not stupid reasons that only dim wits would believe. It isnt anything new ... romans did it, british.. french .. why not just take the standpoint of you being in iraq purely for the oil and a geo-strategic position in the middle east, and stop giving the world stupid stories of being there to instil democracy or whatever . Just hold your hands up and say, ok we aren't this do-good nation we try to pretend to be, we want iraq's oil and we don't care how many die just so long as we get it.

If you want to grab resources, you have to take the flak that goes with it. British and French have always had a bad reputation over it. But america.. it wants to grab resources yet still retain a profile of entering the country only under good intent. It is without parallel, it is only something america would try and do, it is only something an american would believe. It is like you think you are a good person but you went and mugged some poor old person and stole their wallet, but tell yourselves you only did so the wallet wouldn't split the lining in his pocket . It is a strong tie, the american and his belief in the virtue of his country. And raping countries does not sit easily with that belief. Hence the need find a reason , such as instilling democracy.. for the deaths of hundreds of thousands in the name of greed.

Edited by Rahl

That is what generates resent, this constant portrayal of altruism that the US has to constantly perpetuate . Why can't you admit you are just greedy oil grabbing pirates. You care one iota about how many saddam killed . Truethat is a person i can admire for at least admitting what it is, a war for economic gain.. not stupid reasons that only dim wits would believe. It isnt anything new ... romans did it, british.. french .. why not just take the standpoint of you being in iraq purely for the oil and a geo-strategic position in the middle east, and stop giving the world stupid stories of being there to instil democracy or whatever . Just hold your hands up and say, ok we aren't this do-good nation we try to pretend to be, we want iraq's oil and we don't care how many die just so long as we get it.

If you want to grab resources, you have to take the flak that goes with it. British and French have always had a bad reputation over it. But america.. it wants to grab resources yet still retain a profile of entering the country only under good intent. It is without parallel, it is only something america would try and do, it is only something an american would believe. It is like you think you are a good person but you went and mugged some poor old person and stole their wallet, but tell yourselves you only did it so you can spend his money for the good of you both . It is a strong tie, the american and his belief in the virtue of his country. And raping countries does not sit easily with that belief. Hence the need find a reason , such as instilling democracy.. for the deaths of hundreds of thousands in the name of greed.

Grabing resources? How much is Oil nowadays? Who sets the price? Who else benefits from guranteeing the flow of free trade other than the United States?

You call that grabbing?

Edited by AROCES

Depends. Usually it'd be opec, but in the case of iraqi oil, thats subject to a totally different price structure altogether. Drawn up by the usa and signed by their puppet government , it guarantees usa access ,at extortionately beneficial terms to the us oil companies , around 112 billion gallons of cheap to extract iraqi oil for the next 30 years. You can call that free trade, but i wonder if you'd say the same if some country came along and started rifling your resources to send back home for next to nothing prices. I bet you'd have a totally different idea on the concept of free trade then .

Edited by Rahl

the british have done their part again and again so anyone who thinks they owe anything to anyone can whistle for it.

the times have changed and people have short memories, from the 70s til the late nineties when the IRA were bombing the brits most of the funding was coming from the states and the irish blood wanna be paddys.

only when 911 was done was that ended (not long ago).

i have no hard feelings about it though its water under the bridge. i dont wanna blame the u.s for that.

its politics nothing more nothing less. noone owes noone anything.

if you doubt the lengths to which the brits go to show there metal read Ultimate Risk - SAS Contact Al-Qaeda -by Mark Nicol ..and check this link if you think they have no losses http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3847051.stm

Edited by conspiracysrus

Depends. Usually it'd be opec, but in the case of iraqi oil, thats subject to a totally different price structure altogether. Drawn up by the usa and signed by their puppet government , it guarantees usa access ,at extortionately beneficial terms ,to the us oil companies around 112 billion gallons of cheap to extract iraqi oil for the next 30 years. You can call that free trade, but i wonder if you'd say the same if some country came along and started rifling your resources to send back home for next to nothing prices. I bet you'd have a totally different idea on the concept of free trade then .

I suggest you look it up and see who else are buying the Iraqi Oil other than the United States.

Price control? You think other OPEC memebers will tolerate a price control of Oil by the United States on Iraq? I think you are hearing rumors and nothing else.

and further to my last post heres what the american news says about everyone deserting the u.s.http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/02/report_british_.html

remember iran is only a stones throw and theres north korea, maybe even syria and co?

Is it only a coincidence the price of a barrel of oil has doubled since the Iraq invasion? It's because of our meddling where we dont belong is why. Trouble in the M.E. = alot of what if speculation and fear, so the price of the regions natural resources go up. Saddam may have been in violation of every UN mandate on the books but it wasnt our place to take it upon ourselves to uphold these mandates that were in violation. Plus, he was the only regional power keeping Iran in check, now that is gone.

I don't have the luxury of living at home with my parents and I now have to work 2 jobs to to meet the needs of my family BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID WAR. (sorry for yelling)

150 years ago it was common practice of the french and british to just take over a country in order not to have to pay for the desired natural resources. They have ammended their ways since that time. Rahl is simply stating what he believes, based on what they themselves used to practice. And he may be right. Could we have been hoodwinked by the present administration? Based on their track record, more than likely.

As far as the topic goes, everytime one of us americans start crowing about how we saved europes ars I am embarrassed for you ! Why? BECAUSE IT'S ARROGANT AND RUDE (sorry for yelling again). Besides, we didnt do it all ourselves. It was us, the Brits, the Russians, and the French underground that stopped the nazi war machine. We did it with teamwork. If your not sure what teamwork is look here: teamwork

And no, europe owes us nothing so **** PLEASE.

Rumours ? No, that's pretty much the deal with iraq's hydrocarbon law. It's not really a question of truth or lies, rumours or not rumours.. it's written in black and white and not to mention the blood of thousands of innocent iraqi's too. Thats why you went there for. Oh, maybe BP get a share, thats like the robber selling his friend a cheap dvd recorder he stole. But your opinion, its good for america.. its good for many.. doesn't mean a thing. It's like that same robber saying , look how many other people ive helped with cheap jewelry , look at how many covet my stolen goods. All well and good for you and the coveter's, pretty damn sh**ty for the one's whose property it was.

I don't like links, but here is one . One of your own congressmen who also heard these .. 'rumours' .

http://www.house.gov/mcdermott/sp070111.shtml

It was us, the Brits, the Russians, and the French underground that stopped the nazi war machine. We did it with teamwork. If your not sure what teamwork is look here: teamwork

I forgot Canada. sorry bout that.

class dismissed

The 9 trillion dollars? Can you guess where some of that debt came from? O yea... WWII... Good Game I win.

A quick search will show you that the UK has just finished paying the US back for WW2 (loan/lease at 2% :tu: ) and that gold in Fort Knox where did that come from ?........well at least we kept hold of the crown jewels

Edited by Moon Monkey

oh for crying out loud. Europe just get over the fact that without the US you couldn't have done it.

Sheesh whinging and whinging because WHY?

Its just as bad as the OP

I've got no problem paying tribute to America. When the **** hits the fan I know who I want in my corner.

Isn't America a mixture of Europeans, Africans and significant others anyway....all the nations of the world under one umbrella?

God/Goddess bless America. :yes:

Although I appreciate your point bee that would be like paying for protection, like the mafia or something. I am a thackeray bee and proud of my british heritage. But, I'm also celt, m.e., american indian and other n. european heritages. But yeah, we're all a mix of the entire world here.

I've been looking into what Raul has been saying about the hydrocarbon law being passed through the iraqi legislature. I'm not quite done researching but from what I can tell our president and the big oil companies are up to no good. One word describes what I've found so far. Greed. Like a fat kid that invades a house with alot of food demanding long term access so they can eat at will and stay fat.

Although I appreciate your point bee that would be like paying for protection, like the mafia or something. I am a thackeray bee and proud of my british heritage. But, I'm also celt, m.e., american indian and other n. european heritages. But yeah, we're all a mix of the entire world here.

I've been looking into what Raul has been saying about the hydrocarbon law being passed through the iraqi legislature. I'm not quite done researching but from what I can tell our president and the big oil companies are up to no good. One word describes what I've found so far. Greed. Like a fat kid that invades a house with alot of food demanding long term access so they can eat at will and stay fat.

The sooner we promote an alternative to oil/petrol the better, eh?