Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran 'seizes' 15 British Marines

Mugen

:rofl: You are indeed very smart and educated man. :tu:

I would say the same to you, except for the fact that you can not even make a sentence comprehendible. :sleepy:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unlimited

• Cinders

• Aztec Warrior

• Mugen

You are not always right, you missed the whole point of this article. :rolleyes:

I think you missed something else, like secondary school maybe? It was sarcasm and I dont know how this is related to this topic. Go and spew your racism somewhere else.

I think you missed something else, like secondary school maybe? It was sarcasm and I dont know how this is related to this topic. Go and spew your racism somewhere else.

In America its called Middle School, and I am quite sure I passed it with all A's some time ago. This article is about how British men were unjustly captured and you turned it into an anti-American thread making you the racist. While in all fairness you are allowed to do so, do not expect us on the other side of the argument to remain silent.

Edited by RamboIII

In America its called Middle School, and I am quite sure I passed it with all A's some time ago. This article is about how British men were unjustly captured and you turned it into an anti-American thread. While in all fairness you are allowed to do so, do not expect us on the other side of the argument to remain silent.

How the hell?

How the hell?

You jumped to the conclusion that we would use it as an excuse for war when that is not even the point of the article. :sleepy:

You jumped to the conclusion that we would use it as an excuse for war when that is not even the point of the article. :sleepy:

I hope western forces wont use this as an excuse for a war.

I hardly call this a conclusion..

Guest Lottie
Mugen and RamboIII, Please get back on topic. Anymore insults will result in formal warnings. Edited by Lottie

YOU TELL THEM TEACHER!!! :lol: waiting, to early to know which direction it will go in, WE'RE IN THE TRENCHES WAITING, BAYONETS ATTACHED :angry2:

This incident is the top news item.

I saw an interview with an Iranian woman, in London, earlier on BBC News 24. (sorry, can't remember her name)

Her take on the situation was that there is a lot of news in Iran at the moment about unity, meaning that different factions are not unified.

She put forward the possibility that the seizing of the British might be to engineer an international incident to pull different factions back together, in Iran.

The British news is very non-confrontational at the moment. Other armed British ships in the area have been praised for their restraint.

We will have to wait a while to see how it pans out.

But also in the news is stuff about Iranian involvement in arming Iraq 'insurgents' with sophisticated weapons. And paying Iraq nationals to attack British troops.

So, without a doubt it's getting tense.

I hope the soldiers are returned safely and in a timely matter. Personally I think this was a bad move by Iran, specially now. In the report it said several times that they were not in Iran's waters. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

No one here has their facts straight yet becuase it is still all up in the air, so before you get all worked up lets find out more of what happened first.

Yes I considered you were referring to the 2004 incident yet by your wording "We will see how this one plays out. I would have thought the British had more spine." I assumed you were referring to the recent incident or are you planning on seeing how an icident in 2004 "plays out"?

Oh so quick to attack someone personally, I thought conservatives were less emotional than that.

You told me twice to get my facts straight. Again, I ask you precisely which facts did I not get straight? It's real easy to sit back and criticize someone's post and say 'get your facts straight'. At the very least, you should point out where I am wrong and then post the 'correct' facts to build up your point.

If you can't do that, then your wasting everybody's time.

Past tense....."I would have thought".

I don't attack people personally. I occasionally have issue with their silly, child-like statements. Kind of like right now. :rolleyes:

This amazes me, he says he lives in Mexico, but he is acting like die-hard pro-american. :rolleyes:

:rofl: You are indeed very smart and educated man. :tu:

Who cares where I am living. We have had this conversation before. Not every conservative in the world resides in the US.

Please state where I mentioned any pro-American statements in this thread.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Luckily I don't need your advice, sir. Keep it. Seems like everyday now, I have to explain myself to children who can't understand my posts or who purposely try to twist what I said.

That is exactly why I post like 10x less than I used to..now I blog it and lock 'em all...

Meanwhile..

The Brits most probably found something that might be 'embarrassing' to Iran on a particular ship...My guess: or they were about to search as ship that was in transient hour or two behind the ship they had just searched, that would turn up cargo that would be 'embarrassing'...

Considering that Ahmadinezjad is scheduled to leave for NYC to visit the UN..this would be highly awkward for him to be addressing the UN claiming peace when he's holding british soldiers..

This will probably be resolved before Ahmadinezjad reaches NYC...but you can bet there will be a US carrier pulling in close on a dare.. :tu:

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Actually, if they did penetrate Iranian territorial waters, I totally justify the Iranians... though they could always send warnings before (which maybe the British ignored).

Anyway, you must understand the sensitivity of the Iranians regarding showing off their sovereignty these days. They have American troops in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and most of the world finally understanding their true faces regarding their maniac radical Islamist ideology, and their race to the bomb is being foiled by pretty much everyone.

So you must see their actions in that context.

[Considering that Ahmadinezjad is scheduled to leave for NYC to visit the UN..this would be highly awkward for him to be addressing the UN claiming peace when he's holding british soldiers..

Maybe he doesn't want to go, and this will be an excuse.....?

Actually, if they did penetrate Iranian territorial waters, I totally justify the Iranians... though they could always send warnings before (which maybe the British ignored).

Anyway, you must understand the sensitivity of the Iranians regarding showing off their sovereignty these days. They have American troops in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and most of the world finally understanding their true faces regarding their maniac radical Islamist ideology, and their race to the bomb is being foiled by pretty much everyone.

So you must see their actions in that context.

Not everyone in Iran is a radical maniac, maybe you guys get so much propoganda in Israel about Iranians that you think everyone in Iran is a maniac.

Ofcourse we have many hard-line conservatives like Ahmadinjead who truly believes in return of 12th Imam and Islamic laws, but most of the youth are open minded, that doesnt mean that they wont defend their country though.

Edited by Mugen

Here are the facts, do ya think I got em straight?

United Nations Security Council

27 December 2006

Resolution 1737 (2006)

Adopted by the Security Council at its 5612th meeting, on

23 December 2006

Acting under Article 41 of Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations,

3. Decides that all States shall take the necessary measures to prevent the

supply, sale or transfer directly or indirectly from their territories, or by their

nationals or using their flag vessels or aircraft to, or for the use in or benefit of, Iran,

and whether or not originating in their territories, of all items, materials, equipment,

goods and technology which could contribute to Iran’s enrichment-related,

reprocessing or heavy water-related activities, or to the development of nuclear

weapon delivery systems,

Mugen, nobody said every Iranian is a maniac. Erikl stated: maniac radical Islamist ideology....that has a different meaning.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Mugen my whole post was in reference to the Iranian regime which since 1979 is ruled by "conservatives" (a pretty moderate description... Bush is a conservative... Netanyahu is a conservative... the Mullahs are far far behind that term I think).

I actually have my faith at the Iranian youth. We are being fed since first grade that the Persians had always done good to our nation (that is, the Jewish nation). Only at highschool and when we're old enough to understand world politics do we understand that things have changed in the last 25 years.

I still hope you guys will rise up against your hatefull radical regime and create a democracy, without any foreign military invading Iran.

Mugen my whole post was in reference to the Iranian regime which since 1979 is ruled by "conservatives" (a pretty moderate description... Bush is a conservative... Netanyahu is a conservative... the Mullahs are far far behind that term I think).

I actually have my faith at the Iranian youth. We are being fed since first grade that the Persians had always done good to our nation (that is, the Jewish nation). Only at highschool and when we're old enough to understand world politics do we understand that things have changed in the last 25 years.

I still hope you guys will rise up against your hatefull radical regime and create a democracy, without any foreign military invading Iran.

Why we should rise against anything? Radical persons now in goverment will leave sooner or later. Ahmadinjead will lose in next elections and Ali Khamenei is old, most of Iranians dont support current politics, still we believe we should have peaceful nuclear plants, but I think we should allow full inspection so no doubts raise about nuke.

I have a feeling that reformists will win next elections, ofcourse if war wont start.

Why we should rise against anything? Radical persons now in goverment will leave sooner or later. Ahmadinjead will lose in next elections and Ali Khamenei is old, most of Iranians dont support current politics, still we believe we should have peaceful nuclear plants, but I think we should allow full inspection so no doubts raise about nuke.

I have a feeling that reformists will win next elections, ofcourse if war wont start.

Mugen,brother, I have to say Erikl is right this time. Have in mind that the Iranian youth has all in their Hands. However, Erikl, is only half way right. The Israelie youth has to do the same with the Israelie government.

I honestly do not see much or any difference between the politic of Irans leaders and Israeli leaders. They use different tactics. Irans leaders are to stupid and Israeli leaders acting smarter. But, the prefered outcome is the same. Destroy the other nation and try to rule this area.

It's not just Ahmadinejad... he's just showing what the Mullahs were thinking instead of just hiding it for the time that Iran could actually act according to it's ideology.

So yeah, a rise against the regime over there is neccesary.

Odas, your comment shows your ignorance regarding Israel - equating Israel to Iran is like equating France or the UK to Iran. We're a western democracy. Iran is a radical theocracy.

Now what are the illuminati up to? Starting a war coming from a British angle is interesting... takes away attention.. and looks all innocent.

[i have a feeling that reformists will win next elections, ofcourse if war wont start.

Mugen...do you think that the Islamic conservatives might encourage war-like situations, to stay in power?

Could what's happened today be an example of that?

the Iranians are looking for war...theres no two ways about it....and there probably gonna get it...

Wow. I actually agreed with you. Hell has frozen over and pigs have wings. :yes: