Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran 'seizes' 15 British Marines

Mugen

ya mugen i apologize... maybe you dont want war as much as your president....hi cinders I would like to see peace also; but they are picking the fight so....

And I did not vote for Bush EVER! .. I KNEW from the d@mn get go it was wrong to invade Iraq long before he did -- now look what we have!

bugger all.. we are all victims of our Leaders Limited and YOU know it

I stand by you Limited on your views on things... but you upset me on this thread a bit with what you commented.. thank you for apologizing to Mugen.

*peace hun*

Edited by Cinders

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unlimited

• Cinders

• Aztec Warrior

• Mugen

THANK YOU BEE!!! you know it! that is sooo right .. you know it!

.. and the Nov 2006 elections told the world that too.. he didn't take the HINT but the world has...

Now we have a LOOOOONG wait til he is outta' the White House in Jan 2009..

*sigh*

this is blairs problem here; but bush is his pal....I think the drumbeatings almost over...war time...Its a sad world we live in, but the Iranians are the most dangerous regime on the planet....they are going to start a nuclear arms race in the middle east unless they are stopped....I think there begging for war.

Acctualy few months before I was thinking of going back to military if someone attacks Iran, now I am thinking about getting away from this(not for my sake but for family), this just aint right, many people I know are outraged by course our leadership has taken.

This is so depressing and shameful to Iranian nation.

I hope war wont start though, but its naive to think that way.

ya mugen i apologize... maybe you dont want war as much as your president....hi cinders I would like to see peace also; but they are picking the fight so....

I think Mugen probably doesn't want war at all.....

Whether they are picking a fight or not........we don't want nuclear war....the eco system up the shoot...millions dead...humans/animals/fish etc....the earth is not so huge that nuclear explosions in the middle east won't affect everyone on earth in some way.....then there's Western societies breaking down with little/no oil/petrol getting through......

Not saying that an attack on Iran of some kind automatically means nuclear war....but the situation is getting into dangerous territory.

I think Mugen probably doesn't want war at all.....

Whether they are picking a fight or not........we don't want nuclear war....the eco system up the shoot...millions dead...humans/animals/fish etc....the earth is not so huge that nuclear explosions in the middle east won't affect everyone on earth in some way.....then there's Western societies breaking down with little/no oil/petrol getting through......

Not saying that an attack on Iran of some kind automatically means nuclear war....but the situation is getting into dangerous territory.

Bee.. you are so right!!

Have a READ on this article from last year dated 05/18/2006 :

Ahmadinejad and Armageddon

Iran's president craves Doomsday.

We must not cave in to him.

Snippet from article:

"Ahmadinejad made seductive promises about creating jobs, increasing student loans, and introducing low-interest mortgages. In short, the people cast ballots for bread, not nukes."

Full article found HERE

I had another article I wanted to post about in the same realm but with pics.. but can't find the bookmark now..

Edited by Cinders

the president honostly believes chaos and war will bring about the coming of the 12th imam.....he has parades and bands planned for it...he wants the US to attack to bring about the coming....

Acctualy few months before I was thinking of going back to military if someone attacks Iran, now I am thinking about getting away from this(not for my sake but for family), this just aint right, many people I know are outraged by course our leadership has taken.

oh Mugen.. ((keep safe and sane)) You are feeling like many of us here in the US... seriously!

Because I am American.. I won't travel to places I've been before.. before 9/11 .. not because of 9/11 but because of what has taken place SINCE then. *sigh*

I was so welcomed in Belgium, Holland, UK etc back in 97, 98, 99 when I traveled. But there is no way I want to go there now.. I am too ashamed..

So ashamed that I won't even visit Mexico or Canada..

I really hate this feeling... I don't even put out our US flag anymore on days like Memorial day, or 4th of July etc.. it's just gone.. it's all gone...

sad isn't it??

We are all victims of our world leaders and "it sucks pond water" as my grandfather would say - he immigrated here from Norway back in 1928.. *sigh*

Oh and get this.. my hubby is FROM the UK... his family in the UK.. I wont go there.. I just wont. And we have 3 yr old twins.. his family has to come here to see them. I just won't go there now..

Edited by Cinders

the president honostly believes chaos and war will bring about the coming of the 12th imam.....he has parades and bands planned for it...he wants the US to attack to bring about the coming....

I know that-- you know that.. and for cripes sakes.. BUSH thinks GOD told him to INVADE IRAQ!

WTH??!!

*someone pinch me and wake me up from this nightmare!*

Did you watch this video I posted about here??

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=91346

Edited by Cinders

[Ahmadinejad and Armageddon

Iran's president craves Doomsday.

We must not cave in to him.

Snippet from article:

"Ahmadinejad made seductive promises about creating jobs, increasing student loans, and introducing low-interest mortgages. In short, the people cast ballots for bread, not nukes."

Full article found HERE

Hi Cinders...just read the article.....scarey stuff!

It doesnt look like the Iranians plan on releasing them in 24-48 hours...the hardliners want them to be tried for espionage....or used as a barter chip?

That's what I predicted yesterday.

That would be my recommendation....get out of Dodge. Evacuation drills are being conducted in Tehran according to news reports. And now, you got the Brits mad at you too.

I was wondering if some of the people on UM helped change your mind in regards to the current Iranian administration. It seemed a few months ago, you were a die-hard supporter of Ahmadinejad.

Again I find myself agreeing with you..... :blink:

I too think that thing's are going to get very hot and I think Iran...well it's president is digging his own grave.

You think?

I think something is going to happen. In the future but not right now.

Hi Cinders...just read the article.....scarey stuff!

Bee.. yea it is... sad though.. just like here...

You are in the UK.. did you watch Question time last Thursday?? It was an excellent debate regarding 4 years after invading Iraq... good friend told me about it and so very glad he did as we don't get BBC World on my TV set up here..

I posted about it on the other thread here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=91346

I find it an excellent debate.. about 6 minutes into this video when Bolten says some things.. my blood boiled... yea.. Bush Jr wanted to finish what daddy Bush did not do back during Kuwait.. Bolten confirms it all again for me in this debate video..

Loooong before 9/11 happened that is ALL that Bush Jr had on his mind when he stepped into that White House back in 2000.. was ways to attack Iraq.. and it was certainly Cheney's plan to put POWER back in the hands of the president since the Nixon days...

And we the people of the US are paying for it too...

Oh for the heck of it.. if you have time.. watch online, a few excellent documentaries -- you might understand why I think this way...

From this link below watch online :

The DARK SIDE

The Enemy Within

Rumsfeld's War

The Lost Year in Iraq

just to name a few...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/view/

And for a laugh.. watch NEWS WAR.. you'll then figure out why the average US citizens has a hard time getting the REAL NEWS anymore here..

*sigh*

I meant to add too.. I do have 3 yr old twin boys..I might have to see them be sent off to a war for another nut job in the White House one day.. but I also have a son-in-law that just came back from h3ll hole Ramadi Iraq... after 13 months of ,,,,,,,

I do support our US military.. and the UK, Holland, NZ, Canada, Australia.. etc and all involved.... THEY are doing their job and doing what they are told to do.

But I still say we are all victims of our WORLD LEADERS

Edited by Cinders

is anyone else getting a deja vu from this incident? It Reminds a lot of how the Israel-Hezzbollah(sp?) war got started. Frankly I Iran doesn't want to start a war it should release the sailors and marines

One thing I found out from my British friends was that they do have good memorys. From the incident 3 years ago, when Iran siezed 8 Royal Marines in the same waters. Mostly of the storys brought back by the Marines after they were returned to the UK. Where the Royal Marines were driven out of Tehran to an empty field with holes dug in the ground. Then were forced to go thru a mock execution.

The hardline leadership in Iran is playing with fire. And if this incident blows up, it will be more than their fingers that will be burned.

Day 4 it looks like they are going to try the soldiers for espionage?...taken from iraqi waters...is anyone safe from the Iranian guard?...

Iran admits to 'interrogating' captured Marines as fears grow over show trial.

linked-image HMS Cornwall

And on Sunday evening Iran's President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, responded that it would restrict co-operation with international inspectors.

We have certainly sent the message back to them very clearly indeed. They should not be under any doubt at all about how seriously we regard this act, which is unjustified and wrong." TB Link

This will quickly spiral out of control.

your just lucky they arent US marines...extremely lucky...........

No, they are just lucky the Royal marines didn't fight back...... Royal Marines Commando's are closer in training to your Rangers/Green berets than USMC Grunt (in fact they trained the Rangers in WW2) so I’m sure should they have seen fit to fight they would have done a much more effective job than basic US Marine.

No offence.

No, they are just lucky the Royal marines didn't fight back...... Royal Marines Commando's are closer in training to your Rangers/Green berets than USMC Grunt (in fact they trained the Rangers in WW2) so I’m sure should they have seen fit to fight they would have done a much more effective job than basic US Marine.

No offence.

than why dont they go get them?......

Don't worry we've got a plan.. we're sending over the 'not hate' bus.

I'm sure they would if it was up to them. Thats not the point anyway, i was simply pointing out that if they saw fit to not to fight, which im sure was more due to confusion over the rules of engament more than lack of balls (I've found the British Army tends to be a bit more reserved/more concerned about creating international incidents than our US Allies - for the record Im not saying this is good or bad but the point stands) then US marines could not hope to perform as well in under any condition and your statement about the iranians being 'lucky' that the soldiers they encountered were not from the USMC instead of those belonging to the RMC was ridiculous.

No offence.

That's why I was thinking they allowed themselves to be captured. Or some silly rules of engagement...such as..."when confronted by Revolutionary guards, don't fire unless fired upon, even if to prevent your own capture.

Don't worry we've got a plan.. we're sending over the 'not hate' bus.

A drum roll and the sound of a symbol crashing.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

So shovinstic it is the only place in our area to give gay people full rights (there are even outright gays in our military), to have had women as prime minister and currently president, to have general elections since the foundation of our country, to be the only Middle-Eastern country where Arabs can freely vote, to have a minority language acknowledged as our national language (Arabic is a national language in Israel just like Hebrew is, even though most of the Jews do not speak it).

To have a western economy and a western education system and western standards of living.

But yes, you know all about Israel :rolleyes:.

Do you know the story about Hansel and Gretel? Feed them, treat them nice and then eat them. This is what I think the Israelie government is doing.

You are the kind of person that is fast to critisize everyones country, but one bad word about the Israelie government and you are ofended. So much about your democracy. I realy do not see any, any difference between hardcore Hebrews and hardcore Arabs.

Sorry, man, the West is to far away from the middle east. Keep on dreaming.

Hi all,

The British navy hasnt played a major part in any conflict since the Falklands war. i think the Royal navy should park a few type 42 destroyers batch 2 & 3, a couple of type 23 & 22 frigates followed by a few Vanguard subs, maybe our two swiftsure subs and why not add the trafalgar subs in the gulf we could bomb Iran from the sea and with our subs playing a major role the Iranian navy wouldnt have a chance, not even with their sunburn anti shipping missle, let the Royal Navy flex its Muscle,

Iran wants a fight and its going to get more than a bloody nose,

Steve

A drum roll and the sound of a symbol crashing.

It's the billyhill way.. don't worry people no need to panic just yet. Cool, calm and collective.