Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran 'seizes' 15 British Marines

Mugen

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unlimited

• Cinders

• Aztec Warrior

• Mugen

RELEASE THE 15 UK MARINES NOW!!!!

Ok, I will just call em say "ok, thats enough, release them, people on forums are getting impatient". linked-image

Ok, I will just call em say "ok, thats enough, release them, people on forums are getting impatient". linked-image

Well you just go ahead and do that... thankx!! <_<

Well you just go ahead and do that... thankx!! <_<

Np. linked-image

Np. linked-image

Hello?? Well?!?

Have you got off your couch and made that CAll YET??

More headlines on this today...:

The British Captives: Advantage Iran?

By TONY KARON of TIME

Tuesday, Apr. 03, 2007

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

Oh and Related article:

Tehran Sees the Standoff as Over

By AZADEH MOAVENI/TEHRAN of TIME

Tuesday, Apr. 03, 2007

"Iran's media is already tallying the scorecard from its tangle with Britain. And Tehran clearly believes it came outahead"

FULL ARTICLE HERE

So yea, maybe I am a bit irritated with all this BECAUSE I REMEMBER what happened in 1979!

Several of the US hostages that were taken back in 1979 swear that Amenannutjobber (prez of Iran) is the man whom they remember from their 444 day captivity..

Read about this here called "Controverseries surrounding Mahmoud Ahmadinejad" :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies...oud_Ahmadinejad

And HERE called IRAN HOSTAGE CRISIS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis

Seriously.. I also fear one nutjob is going to set off the other nutjob.. (ie: IRAN PREZ & US PREZ)

Edited by Cinders

Guest Lottie

Update

Iran 'to release British sailors'

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says 15 British naval personnel captured in the Gulf will be freed.

He repeated allegations that the British sailors and marines "invaded" Iranian waters, but said they would be freed as a "gift" to Britain.

He made the announcement at a news conference, in which he also awarded medals to the commanders who captured the British personnel in the Gulf.

More here:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6525905.stm

See what a little good old British negotiation can do. Hope he means it.... Think the "as a gift to Britain" is rather condescending but if it means no war then it's all good.

Edited by Lottie

Amazing. I thought this meant War for sure.

Though the "gift"- aspect smells of arrogance long way...nasty...

The West was given their pretext/justification for war against Iran but didnt seize it, war is off the table now and Iran knows it. That threat cannot be held over their head as before, the West lost a lot of leverage but once again Iran looks like the crazy kid on the block. Just another week in the Gulf lol.

Edited by Catch .22

Update

Iran 'to release British sailors'

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says 15 British naval personnel captured in the Gulf will be freed.

He repeated allegations that the British sailors and marines "invaded" Iranian waters, but said they would be freed as a "gift" to Britain.

He made the announcement at a news conference, in which he also awarded medals to the commanders who captured the British personnel in the Gulf.

More here:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6525905.stm

See what a little good old British negotiation can do. Hope he means it.... Think the "as a gift to Britain" is rather condescending but if it means no war then it's all good.

Lets hope this happens! Once we receive our gift though let us send him one in return, hmm lets think? something like a cruise missile up his scrawny ass to teach the muppet a lesson. :P

Seriously though fingers crossed. :)

Edited by Geordie Don

Lets hope this happens! Once we receive our gift though let us send him one in return, hmm lets think? something like a cruise missile up his scrawny ass to teach the muppet a lesson. :P

Seriously though fingers crossed. :)

Brave words, man. I am just corius if you would be in the first ranks in case of a war?

Brave words, man. I am just corius if you would be in the first ranks in case of a war?

I have already served my country while in the First Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (Infantry) odas, and would happily do so again.

So to answer your question it is a yes from me. :tu:

I have already served my country while in the First Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (Infantry) odas, and would happily do so again.

So to answer your question it is a yes from me. :tu:

Then we have acctually a lot of incomen.

The Iranians are shrewd....they called the wests bluff..and won....when the british soldier apologized to amidinijad on tv it was classic....

About time. I turn on FNC. And they have the story on. But I didn't know what was going on. :P

That's some good news.

Edited by MoonPrincess

Woohoo There Free

About time :)

BBC News "Iranians release British sailors "

A bloke at work told me the British Government admitted there Armed Personnel were in Iranian waters, I don’t remember hearing this! Does anybody know if this is true? :hmm:

I dont think they admitted that....

I checked all over the internet and I have come to the conclusion the guy I’m working with is talking out of his Pro Iranian buttock crack!

I would have used the word "a***" but it has been censored unfortunately :unsure: its not like I ever swear but the one time it's appropriate for me to use a derogatory word I cant!

Why are there so many people that think this was a good reason for war? I'm sure the U.S. and British government didn't think so. I know people like Rosie O'Donnell thought it was a plan to start a war but I really don't think so. I believe Germany and France along with the EU, wasn't happy with Iran about the matter. I think world pressure helped

EU seeks immediate release of British soldiers in Iran

Woohoo there home

BBC News "Freed crew 'delighted to be home'

Phew that was a close one :unsure2:

Iran wants a war with anybody, I have said it before and ill say it again, IMHO Iranians have been fighting so many people for so long they don’t know what peace is like, its like they are trapped in there own little microcosm of war and religion without any external sources to compare and contrast there lifestyles with.

All the Iranian people have to use as a guide is Propaganda regurgitated with a religious agenda.

Woohoo there home

BBC News "Freed crew 'delighted to be home'

Phew that was a close one :unsure2:

Iran wants a war with anybody, I have said it before and ill say it again, IMHO Iranians have been fighting so many people for so long they don’t know what peace is like, its like they are trapped in there own little microcosm of war and religion without any external sources to compare and contrast there lifestyles with.

All the Iranian people have to use as a guide is Propaganda regurgitated with a religious agenda.

They were at war with Iraq, 8 years, have there been other wars in 20th century in Iran?

Aaand your point is?

German was fighting two world wars and lost both then were under occupation till 90 and they are pretty much..sane, anyway, many countrys had wars and sh** like that way more than Iran did, the Iranian problem isnt about the war, its about idealogy of some fatasses in power.

Ahh man! Many US shows are all on the BUZZ on this topic!

Did anyone catch Glenn Beck last night and tonight! Wow! I mean WOW!

DEVENDRA!!! RIGHT AFTER I made my last post to you asking if you got off the couch and made that call... BAM! Lottie announces the GOOD NEWS! :lol:

Anyway WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!.. :tsu::clap:

A GIFT to the British People... hmmmmm YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE AND YOU KNOW IT. YOU stole the "gift" as you call it, and now you are giving it back.. whateva!!!

I don't give a rat's patooty that Iran "THINKS" they won because the WORLD WAS WATCHING and knows otherwise.... Iran played a very dangerous game -- and made "THE MOVE" to RETURN the "GIFT" THEY STOLE (or rather took hostage) while hyping up the dare to the world JUST BEFORE sh** HIT THE FAN.....

This is not the "norm" for Iran really ... USUALLY they are behind the scenes pulling crap like in Iraq and Lebanan via Hezbolla and with Hamas ...in these "proxy wars" and causing havoc here and there..

Next time IRAN MAY NOT BE SOOOOO LUCKY.

But Prez of Iran has succeeded in getting a bit more "positive" feedback from his own people... many were and still are unhappy about the PROMISES he's made to his people when running for president and HE has NOT come through on those promises still.

AHHH ... just your typical slimely politician.. We see it ALL the time here in the US and around the world.

But that RIOT CRAP still bothers me when they chanted: " Death to Britain! Death to the US" .. blah fricken blah! (Grow the Frick up and catch up to the 21st century! WILL YOU?? jeez!)

Thank heavens they were NOT around me saying this sort of BS about AN ENTIRE COUNTRY.. Because I would have slapped them upside the head and KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO THEM!

Edited by Cinders