Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's Tallest Man Weds 5-Foot-6 Bride

Owlscrying

Mar. 29

BEIJING (AP) - The world's tallest man has married a woman who is more than 2 feet shorter than him, a Chinese newspaper reported Wednesday.

Bao Xishun, a 7-foot-9 herdsman from Inner Mongolia, married 5-foot-6 saleswoman Xia Shujian several days ago, the Beijing New reported.

Bao's 28-year-old bride is half his age and hailed from his hometown of Chifeng even though marriage advertisements were sent around the world, it said.

Bao was confirmed last year by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's tallest person.

He was in the news in December after he used his long arms to save two dolphins by pulling out plastic from their stomachs.

The dolphins got sick after nibbling on plastic from the edge of their pool at an aquarium in Liaoning province. Attempts to use surgical instruments to remove the plastic failed because the dolphins' stomachs contracted in response to the instruments, Chinese media reported.

go

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• distortedpandy

• Bill Hill

• xJasmine

• cutekitten

How sweet! My husband is a foot and half taller than me so I pretty much know how that'll look. Thats so nice that he found someone. Then again why wouldn't he? There is nothing wrong with him, he's just a little tall. :wub:

I heard about this yesterday. Height shouldn't he an issue. I hope they have a happy life together.

I am 5' even and my hubby is 6' 1".. so I am a shorty too... LOL ;)

Wow. Good for them..

5.6 feet? She's just about the right height for him, now if she just has a flat head... she'll be the perfect women. :lol:

yeah i see what you mean by perfect height :lol: ............................................she can do his shoe laces up, what a bugger to get down that far.

being tall sucks... at least that guy's happy

5"6 isn't that short.

......................don't make fun of us little people.

5.6 feet? She's just about the right height for him, now if she just has a flat head... she'll be the perfect women. :lol:

Well, he gots to have somewhere to put his beer!!! :rofl:

Well, he gots to have somewhere to put his beer!!! :rofl:

:lol: you got it..